Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reasons to be cheerful part 1 19:01 - Nov 27 with 2810 viewsHarbour

Seen a few threads about lack of goals and style of play formation etc so here are my reasons to be cheerful part 1 please add 2 and three!

1. We are joint top of the league
2. HR is our manager and the best in the championship
3. Attitude committment of players is 1000% better than last year
4. We are winning games most weeks long may it last (last year 4 games won !)
5. Unbeaten at Home long may it last
6. The team try to play proper passing football not hoof it down and try your luck
7. our Defence is awsome
8. Charlie is a proper footballer and has won me over
9. We have third best goal difference in the league will be best at season end
10 Got tickets to Bournemouth and Blackburn games
11. LR full most weeks
12. JB seems a different player what has HR put in his tea

Urss
Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 19:11 - Nov 27 with 2791 viewsjimmya

What a great post. To be honest, I have been a bit concerned and bored but after reading this post the points cannot be argued, we also have such a strong squad that seems together. Only positive from me from now, you Rrrrrsss
Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 19:29 - Nov 27 with 2767 viewspomanjou

Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 19:11 - Nov 27 by jimmya

What a great post. To be honest, I have been a bit concerned and bored but after reading this post the points cannot be argued, we also have such a strong squad that seems together. Only positive from me from now, you Rrrrrsss

The answer, Harbour, is bromide. Well known that it allows you to concentrate on important things like footie rather than nookie.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 20:04 - Nov 27 with 2715 viewsN12Hoop

Wonderful positive post which I agree with wholeheartedly.

I can think of some reasons not to be cheerful though and that's the fear of re-entering the Prem League where we treat 0-0 draws as victories, have a sole target of coming 17th and stop playing on Saturdays at 3pm. Other than "Those 5 Games" , I hated it.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 21:37 - Nov 27 with 2663 viewsjohann28

Yes X12. We're so lucky so have Harry. Just think about where we were thanks to Hughes, and where we are now. The best thing of all for me is point 3 - I don't mind losing as long as everyone gives their all, and this can't be faulted. With hope in our hearts once again. The guy's a f**kg legend.
Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 21:48 - Nov 27 with 2652 viewskropotkin41

I also have tickets to the Bournemouth game!!

We have absolutely no reason not to be cheerful!............ except Ale's injured.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 22:18 - Nov 27 with 2628 viewstoemasher

Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 21:48 - Nov 27 by kropotkin41

I also have tickets to the Bournemouth game!!

We have absolutely no reason not to be cheerful!............ except Ale's injured.

Ale may be injured but he's still an R
Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 00:03 - Nov 28 with 2572 viewsenfieldargh

watching Arsenal beat Marseilles was a bit like waching the R's this season. Loads of possesion, some goal scoring chances, oppositon parking the bus.

Not saying our passing is as crisp as Aseholes but it was similar to so many performances this season.

We are really going to stuff the opposition soon and I'm amazed we havnt scored more than 2 in a game.

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 00:33 - Nov 28 with 2558 viewskensalriser

1. We are joint top of the league

Nope - just checked again and we're still third, apparently.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 09:44 - Nov 28 with 2485 viewsTacticalR

Perhaps the thing to be explained is that given all those reasons to be cheerful, people don't seem all that...cheerful.

In particular why the almost complete silence during the Charlton game?

Air hostess clique

Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 09:54 - Nov 28 with 2475 viewsjeffranger

It gets up my goat when fans are still not happy when we are winning & nicely placed in the league, ok would want a few few more goals & who wouldn't but teams we are facing are parking the bus & its hard to break down at times, but we will come good & someone will take a pasting eventually but so far so good.
Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 09:56 - Nov 28 with 2472 viewsMetallica_Hoop

We have the Premier Leagues 3rd top goalscorer.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 11:26 - Nov 28 with 2423 viewsHarbour

Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 09:56 - Nov 28 by Metallica_Hoop

We have the Premier Leagues 3rd top goalscorer.

yes ta another reason to be cheerful lets hope we sell him for a big fee
Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 11:30 - Nov 28 with 2421 viewsHarbour

Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 09:44 - Nov 28 by TacticalR

Perhaps the thing to be explained is that given all those reasons to be cheerful, people don't seem all that...cheerful.

yes agree why is that..... yes it gets nervous when we are 1-0 up and memories of that awful wigan game when they get a free kick and score in injury time... but I am enjoying this season as every game we have a good chance of winning playing attractive good football am sure more goals will come..
Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 11:32 - Nov 28 with 2410 viewssimmo

Although we should be better than we are, we are still a lot better than we were.

Geddit?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 11:38 - Nov 28 with 2403 viewsAntti_Heinola

Because we're expecting to win. When you expect to win, fans wait for the players to rouse them. When it's back against the wall, fans rouse the players. It's why there's not much atmosphere at the grounds of 'big' clubs.
Plus, a lot of our football has bee quite turgid this season. Victoriously turgid, but turgid nonetheless.

Bare bones.

Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 12:41 - Nov 28 with 2358 viewsFredManRave

Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 11:32 - Nov 28 by simmo

Although we should be better than we are, we are still a lot better than we were.

Geddit?

Here's looking forward to being better than we ever were or at least better than we are.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 12:49 - Nov 28 with 2348 viewsQPunkR

Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 11:30 - Nov 28 by Harbour

yes agree why is that..... yes it gets nervous when we are 1-0 up and memories of that awful wigan game when they get a free kick and score in injury time... but I am enjoying this season as every game we have a good chance of winning playing attractive good football am sure more goals will come..

The atmosphere is so bad because we've been playing the absolute most boring football in yonks this season. Yes, we're all happy about the league position and points accumulation of course but by God it's been tough to stay awake at matches this season!

QPR - "shit but local"

Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 13:14 - Nov 28 with 2323 viewsPinnerPaul

Maybe the poster above yours can explain?
Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 13:16 - Nov 28 with 2317 viewsPinnerPaul

Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 09:54 - Nov 28 by jeffranger

It gets up my goat when fans are still not happy when we are winning & nicely placed in the league, ok would want a few few more goals & who wouldn't but teams we are facing are parking the bus & its hard to break down at times, but we will come good & someone will take a pasting eventually but so far so good.

We have to live with it, as Rob Green said at the "forum" we have to accept that with our squad ANY team is going to think a point at LR is a great result - hence the set up of most teams who come to us.
Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 17:11 - Nov 28 with 2254 viewslondonscottish

Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 21:37 - Nov 27 by johann28

Yes X12. We're so lucky so have Harry. Just think about where we were thanks to Hughes, and where we are now. The best thing of all for me is point 3 - I don't mind losing as long as everyone gives their all, and this can't be faulted. With hope in our hearts once again. The guy's a f**kg legend.

Yup totally agree. After the Derby game I was trying to think who my MOM was and gave up when I got past about eight players.

They all chased every ball down throughout the entire game. And kept the work rate up off the ball too. Great to see.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Reasons to be cheerful part 1 on 17:24 - Nov 28 with 2246 viewsadhoc_qpr

Illogically the fact we are scraping wins consistently despite injuries that would cripple most Championship squads makes me more worried!

I'm worried we will get promoted and once there playing this kind of goal shy football will get us beaten week in, week out all over again! Also the fear that should we go up TF will make more expensive mistakes again in his desperation to stay up...

Stupid i know!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024