Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our pitch 13:05 - Feb 6 with 1220 viewsNov77

I hope this is a question that someone is able to ask at the fans forum. why every year around this time is our pitch like a slab of concrete? theres hardly any grass on it, theres no give in it and the ball doesn't roll, it bobbles along.

Impossible to play good football when the ball is constantly bouncing around the players ears.

When even Clint Hill is complaining about it you know there's something wrong

Seriously, the money we stump up for a season ticket, you'd think we'd be entitled to see a game played on a Premiership standard pitch, if anyone going gets a chance, please ask why we have this problem every year.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Our pitch on 13:11 - Feb 6 with 1190 viewsToast_R

Could be to do with the weather. We've had snow, frost, loadsa rain lots of cold temperatures. Then there's the lack of sunlight this time of year. All takes it's toll.

You can't whack mother nature.

Our pitch on 13:12 - Feb 6 with 1182 viewsMedwayR

I wonder if our pitch contributes to some of the injuries we've suffered too. Zamora, Johnson etc I'd expect to pick up injuries, but it seems that players like Hoilett & Granero are also picking up injuries far more regularly than I'd expect.

Poll: Who’s better?

Our pitch on 13:16 - Feb 6 with 1165 viewsToast_R

One thing I did notice when we played Arsenal, having retreated back to their hospitatility suite after the game to sink a few, they rolled out this huge bit of machinery the length of the pitch which looked like Hurdles. It shines loads of Ultra Violet lights on the grass and moves up and down the pitch.

Doubt LR has such luxuries or even the space to store that kinda thing.
Our pitch on 13:16 - Feb 6 with 1165 viewsTHEBUSH

We've always had problems with our pitch in the winter, that's why Jim Gregory tried out a plastic surface.

We've tried to scarify the surface and that didn't work, to be fair most owners have tried something, but the problem continues !!
Our pitch on 13:20 - Feb 6 with 1151 viewsToast_R

Our pitch on 13:16 - Feb 6 by THEBUSH

We've always had problems with our pitch in the winter, that's why Jim Gregory tried out a plastic surface.

We've tried to scarify the surface and that didn't work, to be fair most owners have tried something, but the problem continues !!

Another massive reason it's time to say farwell to the Grand old lady.
Our pitch on 13:24 - Feb 6 with 1142 viewsNov77

Our pitch on 13:12 - Feb 6 by MedwayR

I wonder if our pitch contributes to some of the injuries we've suffered too. Zamora, Johnson etc I'd expect to pick up injuries, but it seems that players like Hoilett & Granero are also picking up injuries far more regularly than I'd expect.

Opposition players too, Sandro of spurs, pilkington of Norwich..

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Our pitch on 13:25 - Feb 6 with 1134 viewsCamberleyR

Our pitch now is like a snooker table in comparison to the potato field it used to be in the winter

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Our pitch on 13:27 - Feb 6 with 1130 viewsTW_R

Our pitch on 13:16 - Feb 6 by Toast_R

One thing I did notice when we played Arsenal, having retreated back to their hospitatility suite after the game to sink a few, they rolled out this huge bit of machinery the length of the pitch which looked like Hurdles. It shines loads of Ultra Violet lights on the grass and moves up and down the pitch.

Yeah - quite a few clubs use the artificail sun light systems now. Interesting story:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2259001/Borussia-Dortmund-use-
Login to get fewer ads

Our pitch on 13:33 - Feb 6 with 1102 viewsNov77

Our pitch on 13:25 - Feb 6 by CamberleyR

Our pitch now is like a snooker table in comparison to the potato field it used to be in the winter

I would rather watch a game on that pitch than the one we have right now, at least there was plenty of 'give' in that pitch and the ball wasn't constantly bouncing around the players ears.
I wonder if those old heavier, leather mitre balls might be better too, rather than the helium filled beach balls they use now.

Our pitch on 13:47 - Feb 6 with 1054 viewsloftus77

Our pitch on 13:25 - Feb 6 by CamberleyR

Absolutely - anytime from October to March before 1981, there was no grass at LR. End of.

Always remember Stan waltzing through the mud during the 6-1 cup replay win over West Ham in 1978 (?) Happy days.
Our pitch on 13:51 - Feb 6 with 1030 viewsessextaxiboy

Our pitch on 13:11 - Feb 6 by Toast_R

Could be to do with the weather. We've had snow, frost, loadsa rain lots of cold temperatures. Then there's the lack of sunlight this time of year. All takes it's toll.

You can't whack mother nature.

Ferguson has been complaining about the OT pitch lately . He says it has collapsed .
I think the odd weather has played a part .
Our pitch on 13:57 - Feb 6 with 1014 viewsArx

I believe there is an underground river lenghtwise along the Ellerslie road side of the ground. Incidently this id the side getting less sun at this time of year too.
Our pitch on 15:00 - Feb 6 with 947 viewssmegma

Our pitch on 13:16 - Feb 6 by Toast_R

Arsenal have the best pitch in England. Even Highbury was like a carpet before they moved just over the railway tracks. Their groundsman at the time was so highly prized Real Madrid bought him !!!
Our pitch on 15:07 - Feb 6 with 928 viewswestolian

Thank christ its the pitches fault we're going down.

I just thought we were sh1te

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024