Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your three favourite albums of all time? 23:05 - Feb 5 with 6541 viewsTheBlob

In no particular order.
Saw a programme with Danny Baker about this.Danny listed King Crimson.Some young lady listed Hot Rats.

Mine.....all instrumentals.....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Your three favourite albums of all time? on 23:10 - Feb 5 with 3752 viewsnewgolddream

New Gold Dream - Simple Minds.
A Broken Frame - Depeche Mode.
Escape - Journey.
Your three favourite albums of all time? on 23:20 - Feb 5 with 3731 viewssilky

In no order.

Ah can't do 3. 2 more

Love my music.
I hope my links show the pictures on here, can never remember how to do it.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Your three favourite albums of all time? on 23:24 - Feb 5 with 3721 viewsBromleyHoop

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Your three favourite albums of all time? on 23:32 - Feb 5 with 3706 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Oh man this is tough!

Right now I'd have to say...

The Bluetones - Expecting to Fly
Röyksopp - Melody AM
Air - Moon Safari

That list has changed a few times even during the writing of this post!
Your three favourite albums of all time? on 23:50 - Feb 5 with 3682 viewsscot1963

Rattus Norvegicus - The Stranglers
Faith - The Cure
Louder Than Bombs - The Smiths

(and So - Peter Gabriel)
Your three favourite albums of all time? on 00:02 - Feb 6 with 3663 viewsTacticalR

All time, at the moment, if you see what I mean.

Air hostess clique

Your three favourite albums of all time? on 00:25 - Feb 6 with 3640 viewsPeterHucker

Clash - London Calling
Joni Mitchell - Blue
Elvis Costello - Blood and Chocolate
Your three favourite albums of all time? on 00:37 - Feb 6 with 3633 views18StoneOfHoop

From the above selections I like Innervisions,Rattus Norvegicus and Astral Weeks most.
I think you tend to make most of your confirmed tastes in anything as a teenager.Someut to do with the rapid development of the amygdala and pre-frontal cortex during pubescence I believe.

My Top 3
________
1)All Mod Cons (1979) The Jam [I was 14]

2)Searching For The Young Soul Rebels (1980) Dexys Midnight Runners

and one from before my own adolescence

3)What's Going On? (1971)The classic soul album of all-time IMHO by Marvin Gaye

Cannot believe someone can write 'I love my music' under the picture of a Phil Collins album
To me PC,the former Ranger now Spud,is the very epitome of popular commercial,formulaic,uninspired,naff,drab middle-of-the-road,adult-oriented-rock snooze but this is no dig on the poster who likes it - each to their own/ different strokes for different folks/one man's caviar is another man's poo.
Metallica is one of my favourite posters on these boards even though I think all the obscure metal & recondite rock he's so knowledgable & fanatical about is complete and utter unlistenable spit. (BTW my top tip to ensure you never experience Chronic Instant Migraine Syndrome is never to press play on a Talli musical YouTube video.)

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Login to get fewer ads

Your three favourite albums of all time? on 00:46 - Feb 6 with 3627 viewsTheBlob

Your three favourite albums of all time? on 00:37 - Feb 6 by 18StoneOfHoop

From the above selections I like Innervisions,Rattus Norvegicus and Astral Weeks most.
I think you tend to make most of your confirmed tastes in anything as a teenager.Someut to do with the rapid development of the amygdala and pre-frontal cortex during pubescence I believe.

My Top 3
________

Cannot believe someone can write 'I love my music' under the picture of a Phil Collins album
To me PC,the former Ranger now Spud,is the very epitome of popular commercial,formulaic,uninspired,naff,drab middle-of-the-road,adult-oriented-rock snooze but this is no dig on the poster who likes it - each to their own/ different strokes for different folks/one man's caviar is another man's poo.
Metallica is one of my favourite posters on these boards even though I think all the obscure metal & recondite rock he's so knowledgable & fanatical about is complete and utter unlistenable spit. (BTW my top tip to ensure you never experience Chronic Instant Migraine Syndrome is never to press play on a Talli musical YouTube video.)

Tsk tsk.The title of the thread is not three column Inches of Why I hate Your Music.Personal choices only please.After all no one's attacked your steaming pile of aardvark droppings.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Your three favourite albums of all time? on 00:47 - Feb 6 with 3624 viewssilky

Your three favourite albums of all time? on 00:37 - Feb 6 by 18StoneOfHoop

My Top 3
________

18 Stone.

I know that is not a dig but to think Id not like an album because he once liked QPR and now moved onto Spurs is an insult in its self.

The reason why its so high on my list has nothing to do with Football, there is more to life than that fella, the very fact it was a family bond of waking up as a kid on Sunday morning to my Dad playing it on the stereo, and helped me through very tough times as a kid growing up, I just related to it, its more than just the music and any music fan can relate to that.

As you can see from my other Albums my taste is very varied.

So yeah I love my music and well entitled to write that after a picture of a man who I very much looked up to as a kid!

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Your three favourite albums of all time? on 00:57 - Feb 6 with 3607 views18StoneOfHoop

Your three favourite albums of all time? on 00:47 - Feb 6 by silky

18 Stone.

I know that is not a dig but to think Id not like an album because he once liked QPR and now moved onto Spurs is an insult in its self.

The reason why its so high on my list has nothing to do with Football, there is more to life than that fella, the very fact it was a family bond of waking up as a kid on Sunday morning to my Dad playing it on the stereo, and helped me through very tough times as a kid growing up, I just related to it, its more than just the music and any music fan can relate to that.

As you can see from my other Albums my taste is very varied.

So yeah I love my music and well entitled to write that after a picture of a man who I very much looked up to as a kid!

Very much fair play silky. My aardvark dropping choices helped me through tough times too and I'm sure that's the case why our favourites are as such as they are for the majority of us - they give us hope,comfort,consolation,a philosophy when push comes to shove and the spit comes on top.
Having said that ,what on earth is this 'there's more to life than football ' heresy guff statement ?
Shocking I'll pretend I didn't see that Trev.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Your three favourite albums of all time? on 01:01 - Feb 6 with 3599 viewssilky

Your three favourite albums of all time? on 00:57 - Feb 6 by 18StoneOfHoop

Very much fair play silky. My aardvark dropping choices helped me through tough times too and I'm sure that's the case why our favourites are as such as they are for the majority of us - they give us hope,comfort,consolation,a philosophy when push comes to shove and the spit comes on top.
Having said that ,what on earth is this 'there's more to life than football ' heresy guff statement ?
Shocking I'll pretend I didn't see that Trev.

"Having said that ,what on earth is this 'there's more to life than football ' heresy guff statement ?
Shocking I'll pretend I didn't see that Trev. "

I know, prob not the best thing to say on a footy forum.

Your three favourite albums of all time? on 02:11 - Feb 6 with 3577 viewsozranger

Am listening to Marillion's latest album (Sounds that can't be made) right now, it having finally arrived and is as good as expected. But my three are:

Hendrix - Electric Ladyland
John Mayall (with Eric Clapton) - Blues Breakers
Roy Buchanan - Livestock

I've avoided Aussie albums here so as not to confuse to many of you.
Your three favourite albums of all time? on 03:17 - Feb 6 with 3557 viewsQPR_ARG

Your three favourite albums of all time? on 03:50 - Feb 6 with 3539 views18StoneOfHoop

Great choices arg,you old anglophile.

Hope you've seen this outstanding must watch BBC 2011 documentary about Ray Davies:

The Beatles last time together live on top of the Apple building 1969:

Your three favourite albums of all time? on 07:10 - Feb 6 with 3480 viewsTonto

Songs of faith and devotion; Depeche Mode
Kasabian: Kasabian
Welcome to Wherever You Are: INXS

just missing out
Blue Line: Massive Attack

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Your three favourite albums of all time? on 07:12 - Feb 6 with 3480 viewsqprwpg

I'd also add the Mahavishnu's Birds of Fire, but it's already listed. So here's my 3rd, Pat Metheny's Imaginary Day

Twitter: @qprwpg

Your three favourite albums of all time? on 07:33 - Feb 6 with 3461 viewssimmohoopster

Interpol - antics
Stone roses -stone roses
Rem - Out of time
Your three favourite albums of all time? on 07:49 - Feb 6 with 3451 viewsNW5Hoop

Your three favourite albums of all time? on 08:26 - Feb 6 with 3410 viewsElHoop

For me there's only two truly great albums - London calling and Revolver. Both are very diverse and that must be what I'm looking for in an album. If I had to pick three then I'd probably pick 'Exile' by the Stones or 'Pet Sounds' by the Beach Boys, depending on how i was feeling at the time, but neither would get ahead of the top two. I think that London Calling's greatness owes a debt to the CBS chief at the time, Maurice Oberstein. I think that they persuaded him to put out a double album for the price of a single one, at a time when it wasn't the done thing. Oberstein was a hoop too, his racing colours were blue and white hoops, with i think half of his ashes spread over Cheltenham racecourse and the other half over Loftus Road. Revolver is probably the greatest album ever. No other band could produce Yellow Submarine and Tomorrow Never Knows for the same album. Every track is a classic.

Your three favourite albums of all time? on 08:26 - Feb 6 with 3409 viewsisawqpratwcity

Beatles Double White and Hendrix' Electric Ladyland already mentioned, so...

David Bowie - Low
Elvis Costello - Armed Forces (aka Emotional Fascism)
Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Your three favourite albums of all time? on 08:29 - Feb 6 with 3401 viewsMonahoop

I posted a thread on this about 2 years ago asking for your 5 favourite albums. That was tough, but wittling it down to 3, that's even tougher.

Wild Wood - Paul Weller
Kind of Blue - Miles Davis
Down by the Jetty - Dr Feelgood

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Your three favourite albums of all time? on 08:31 - Feb 6 with 3396 viewsToast_R

Your three favourite albums of all time? on 08:36 - Feb 6 with 3386 viewsCanadaRanger

Your three favourite albums of all time? on 08:43 - Feb 6 with 3368 viewsN12Hoop

Radiohead - The Bends
Green Day - International Superhits
REM - Out Of Time

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024