Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
so what do you all think ?? 23:09 - Jan 31 with 2243 viewsQPR1882

Some may disagree but today was not a Great day of signings.
Samba fantastic signing but Jenas is a panic buy because we failed with Capoue and Diame. Townsend aint a bad player but the main area for us was a Goal scorer and we got no one over the line and let DJ go as well.
so what do you all think ?? on 06:54 - Feb 1 with 418 viewsToast_R

What's all the fuss about Campbell, I've not seen anything from him to suggest he's going to be a goal threat.

Sorry but Championship is his limit.
so what do you all think ?? on 07:39 - Feb 1 with 380 viewsGloucs_R

Many ways at looking at this. Not many players want to join a team bottom of the league and 4 points adrift. We've invested wisely in Samba and Remy. Remy has a resale value and Samba will be a leader for years to come if we dont cash him in.

Remy - French international, quick and can score goals. Improvement on Cisse
Suk Young - one for the future hopefully but seems highly rates. Yet to see if he is an improvement on Traore or Fabio.
Ben-Haim - Better than Ferdinand, versatile, good back up player
Samba - the best signing we have made in years IMO.
Jenas - really not sure about him, better than Granero? No idea.
Townsend - Dont know much about him either. Better than SWP / Mackie?

I would have love to have seen Crouch arrive, wasnt fussed about Odemwingie after his antics last night. You simply cant do that.

Zamora coming back could be like a new player for us. I'm happy with DJ as back up, glad he didnt go. Bothroyd isnt as bad as people make out, if Harry can get him playing then he'll come good.

Gutted we didn't move Bosingwa, hopefully he can still go on loan to Europe?

Poll: Are we staying up?

so what do you all think ?? on 07:49 - Feb 1 with 368 viewssmegma

Jenas smacks of the deal 3 years ago when Quashie rejoined us. Hope I'm wrong and he can be as good as he was when he first got into the Forest side as a kid.
so what do you all think ?? on 07:55 - Feb 1 with 355 viewsGloucs_R

so what do you all think ?? on 07:49 - Feb 1 by smegma

Jenas smacks of the deal 3 years ago when Quashie rejoined us. Hope I'm wrong and he can be as good as he was when he first got into the Forest side as a kid.

But in years gone by we'd have given him a 4 year contract, so maybe we are learning.

I also think we pulled out of the Crouch deal as they wanted too much money for him. £8m+ for Crouch would have been far to much, so glad we didn't go for that.

Poll: Are we staying up?

so what do you all think ?? on 08:08 - Feb 1 with 339 viewsLoft1979

so what do you all think ?? on 23:39 - Jan 31 by Kiwi76

Samba at half pace will still be quicker than Hill & Nelson (with all love and respect to both).
Have to hope that Zamora is near fit and can find the form he showed early on this season - leading the line and getting goal or two. Think he'll offer outlet for Remy to feed off.
We're going to need some luck but battling performance Tues night showed spirit so still a chance to avoid armageddon.

Nelsen stated he has dodgy knees and at his age was wary of his ability to keep the demands that QPR needed to make of him. Samba is bigger, stronger, faster and able to provide an aerial presence in the back and at set pieces we have not seen in years.
-Add to that his presence in the back should lead to HR being able to play just ONE defensive midfielder and more attacking midfielders or at least mixing it up. I am not too happy that Faurlin is gone as Samba would take alot of pressure of Faurlin defensively.
-That said we have the other Samba. By all accounts mental (and Mbia) will also benefit being able to carry the ball up field. Sorry not to play up Derry here, but Derry is not a passer.
- I am interesting in seing how HR plays Jenas and Granero. I see those two competing for time.
- In my opinion Adel and Andros could be key (formers Spurs team mates) able to unlock defenses and both ceate oppurtunities for BZ and Remy. It also seems to me that QPR are a defensive club as built and goals will have to come but more by breakaway and set pieces. The midfielders (Granero -Derry-Diakite-Mbia) have not contributed. Hopefully that changes now.

AND, then there is the addition by subtraction element. With Anton, Cisse, et al gone there maybe an element of clearer air in the dressing room. No one will doubt samba's effort at the back, and his (giant) presence will give confidence to the group overall.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024