Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mike Rigg has left the building.. 10:43 - Dec 20 with 10909 viewsOakwoodR

Just appeared on the Sky Sports News ticker.
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 13:37 - Dec 20 with 2138 viewsAntti_Heinola

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 11:29 - Dec 20 by fakekerby

Who's Rigg brought in who has been that good? Given we are 19th in the league with a load of overpaid washed up ex-superstars....?!

Diakite has been the only impressive gem thus far out of 30 signings.

The only other is M'Bia who is well known in Europe.

Rigg was appointed at the end of April. His remit was somewhat longer term than just last summer, and chances are most of those had been earmarked before he came in. Also, his remit was rather wider than just suggesting players - it was, as i understand it, about putting together a proper scouting infrastructure at the club. A real shame.
As for Mbia being 'known about' - any half decent player is 'known about' these days. It's about getting value.

Bare bones.

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 13:38 - Dec 20 with 2133 viewsqueensparker

I watched him talk for half an hour on one of those club podcasts, and came away very impressed.

Short termism once again.
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 15:17 - Dec 20 with 2015 viewsWeaverQPR

Hopefully the club will employ their own man as Technical Director rather than one who come and goes as part of the management set up.

@WeavQPR

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 16:01 - Dec 20 with 1984 viewsrobith

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 11:33 - Dec 20 by Toast_R

The world of football is a wonderful place.

In what other job can you get a job and appoint your mates without having to advertise the jobs fairly and equally?

To get rid of all Mark Hughes's ghosts given the God awful mistake the club made appointing that man, gets my vote.

I'm sure there are plenty of other Mike Riggs around us to the job.

"In what other job can you get a job and appoint your mates without having to advertise the jobs fairly and equally? "

In my place of work it's de rigeur sadly enough

Whoops, just outed myself as Mike Rigg
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 16:11 - Dec 20 with 1950 viewsSpiritofGregory

He was supposed to find us quality, affordable players from around the globe yet we ended up with highly paid has-beens. Harry will have his own scouts.
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 16:13 - Dec 20 with 1953 viewsGloucs_R

New Training Ground - on hold
New Stadium - gone quiet
New scouting network - Rigg Departed
New academy - errr, no idea

Not looking great is it?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 16:18 - Dec 20 with 1947 viewsjeffro

Feel much more comfortable with a proper football man in charge of our club, who has proven himself in the transfer market and infact made Pompey arounf 40 mill profit when all his signings went, Kranjker, defoe, crouch, diarra, glen johnson. Yes there were some duffs like nugent & utaka etc, but more good than bad.

Anything to do with Hughes is totally unconvincing and a complete failure, so no great loss losing Rigg.
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 17:28 - Dec 20 with 1885 viewsstansleftfoot

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 16:13 - Dec 20 by Gloucs_R

New Stadium - gone quiet

Not looking great is it?

Academy: Category Two depends on Training facilities offering covered pitches.
New Stadium: They are continuing to employ consultants to find site.
Scouting Network: presumably those employed by Mike Rigg to look for players could still be doing just that or Harry will use his own contacts.
New training ground: https://sites.google.com/site/warrenfarminterestgroup/

Looking quite good based on Tony Fernandes's latest statement regarding further support whether we are relegated or not!
Login to get fewer ads

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 17:32 - Dec 20 with 1871 viewsngbqpr

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 17:28 - Dec 20 by stansleftfoot

Scouting Network: presumably those employed by Mike Rigg to look for players could still be doing just that or Harry will use his own contacts.

Looking quite good based on Tony Fernandes's latest statement regarding further support whether we are relegated or not!

+1

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 18:07 - Dec 20 with 1835 viewscheeseydane

New Stadium - gone quiet

Not looking great is it?

Glass is definately half empty tonight Gloucs!

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 18:10 - Dec 20 with 1821 viewsGloucs_R

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 17:28 - Dec 20 by stansleftfoot

Well I am happier now

Poll: Are we staying up?

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 18:24 - Dec 20 with 1801 viewsNorthernr

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 16:11 - Dec 20 by SpiritofGregory

He was supposed to find us quality, affordable players from around the globe yet we ended up with highly paid has-beens. Harry will have his own scouts.

Haha, I love it when we get a new manager SOG. I give it nine months before you're criticising Redknapp's scouting.
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 18:28 - Dec 20 with 1793 viewsngbqpr

The only problem you have when choosing the ignore function (as I have with SOG and klr) is you still see all the replies to their comments - wondering what they've spouted this time is arguably more irritating than reading it in the first place

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 19:05 - Dec 20 with 1705 viewsQPRDave

New Stadium - gone quiet

Not looking great is it?

Just watched an interview on player with Tony before sats match, and he was saying then that the stadium and the training ground are both progressing well, and the future is for us to produce another sterling only this time we keep him.

So maybe looking better than you think?
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 19:27 - Dec 20 with 1677 viewsonlyrinmoray

Mike Rigg was I thought a really good appointment For years we havent had a scouting system the club seemed to be moving in the right direction. With Harry here now, not likely to have another one, which I suppose after the mess Hughes left us in it needs a quick fix established players

The scouting system, new training ground Academy, still very important for a club the size of ours. I would like to know why Rigg left maybe he couldnt work with Arry as he was a Hughes man ex Blackburn/ City
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 20:30 - Dec 20 with 1632 viewsTGRRRSSS

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 11:36 - Dec 20 by smegma

Bring back Gianni.

The two things are not relevent at all.
Was Rigg all he was cracked up to be???
That said........
Commolli anyone???
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 20:39 - Dec 20 with 1614 viewsSpiritofGregory

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 18:24 - Dec 20 by Northernr

Haha, I love it when we get a new manager SOG. I give it nine months before you're criticising Redknapp's scouting.

There's nothing wrong with criticism if it's jusified. When we're at work, if we aren't performing, the boss will criticise our performance, that's life.

When Hughes was here, he was performing poorly yet people would bang on about his work in relation to consulting on the new training ground/facilities. As far as I'm concerned that wasn't his job, he was employed to manage the squad. If we had built a stadium, he'd say that he designed and built the damn thing himself. He acted like the new training facilities at Man city were his idea - what rubbish! Mick Rigg had all summer with Hughes to discuss and look at new players. There were rumours of him scouting in South America and other parts of Europe... Surely a scout of a premier league club should already have vast knowledge of quality, affordable players on a global scale yet we ended up with mercenaries.

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 20:40 - Dec 20 with 1610 viewsSpiritofGregory

No big deal. Goodbye Mike.
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 20:58 - Dec 20 with 1593 viewsderbyhoop

Thething with Rigg was that his brief was to overhaul the club infrastructure. To expect the changes to pay dividends in 8 months is totally unrealistic. The club has been put on a more professional footing and a lot of new faces have arrived.

As far as I can tell, we're on course to get a proper Academy, but it could take 5 years to start producing first team level players.

The other major area for most of the fanbase, is the scouting. There are a small group of Chief Scouts in place and, again, their impact probably won't be apparent for a year or two. If we start bringing in relatively unknown players in their early 20s, who can slot straight into the first team, they'll be doing a good job. In the short term, because of the huge increase in TV money at the end of this season, we took a short term (short sighted?) view on the players we needed. A good example is Newcastle, led by Graham Carr. How many of us had heard of Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa or Cisse, not ours, before last season?

I'd hope that Rigg's departure doesn't herald a mass departure by the others.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 21:08 - Dec 20 with 1575 viewsWatfordR

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 20:58 - Dec 20 by derbyhoop

Thething with Rigg was that his brief was to overhaul the club infrastructure. To expect the changes to pay dividends in 8 months is totally unrealistic. The club has been put on a more professional footing and a lot of new faces have arrived.

As far as I can tell, we're on course to get a proper Academy, but it could take 5 years to start producing first team level players.

The other major area for most of the fanbase, is the scouting. There are a small group of Chief Scouts in place and, again, their impact probably won't be apparent for a year or two. If we start bringing in relatively unknown players in their early 20s, who can slot straight into the first team, they'll be doing a good job. In the short term, because of the huge increase in TV money at the end of this season, we took a short term (short sighted?) view on the players we needed. A good example is Newcastle, led by Graham Carr. How many of us had heard of Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa or Cisse, not ours, before last season?

I'd hope that Rigg's departure doesn't herald a mass departure by the others.

Redknapp arrives, and the infrastructure being put in place to provide long term viability and stability for the club starts to melt away.

Well there's a surprise.
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 21:15 - Dec 20 with 1566 viewsdavman

New Stadium - gone quiet

Not looking great is it?

Maybe all should be on hold until this boat has plugged 70-80% of the holes to give us just a little chance of staying in the league? Facing the wage bill in the Championship is bad enough, so I wouldn't want to throw MORE potential debt into the pot especially as there's no need for a new stadium in the Championship...

Anyway, what's the hurry; Tony and his friends are here for the long term, so they say...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 22:22 - Dec 20 with 1529 viewsNorthernr

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 20:39 - Dec 20 by SpiritofGregory

There's nothing wrong with criticism if it's jusified. When we're at work, if we aren't performing, the boss will criticise our performance, that's life.

When Hughes was here, he was performing poorly yet people would bang on about his work in relation to consulting on the new training ground/facilities. As far as I'm concerned that wasn't his job, he was employed to manage the squad. If we had built a stadium, he'd say that he designed and built the damn thing himself. He acted like the new training facilities at Man city were his idea - what rubbish! Mick Rigg had all summer with Hughes to discuss and look at new players. There were rumours of him scouting in South America and other parts of Europe... Surely a scout of a premier league club should already have vast knowledge of quality, affordable players on a global scale yet we ended up with mercenaries.

You just make me smile at how predictable you are.
Every time a new manager is appointed you say the same things: "new manager won't stand for any of that crp that old manager stood for" "new manager will be far better than old manager at that" "the players won't get away with it under new manager". Then, after about six months, "manager better watch his back, I think new manager would do a better job". Then after three months of you saying manager should be sacked immediately he finally is. Then we appoint a new manager and you start again.
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 22:56 - Dec 20 with 1496 viewsTGRRRSSS

No statement on club website...
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 00:01 - Dec 21 with 1935 viewsActonR

I think getting rid of Rigg may be a good decision.

I liked the role he played at the club. Clubs like WBA have demonstrated the medium to long term value and stability that a technical director can provide -- something that we most certainly need. Especially if in the short term he can provide some craft in the transfer market.

The way the last regime treated people left a lot to be desired. It demonstrates a fundamental lack of understanding of the culture of the club to sack, arguably, a club legend like Kevin Gallen by email -- for starters what message does that send to the current playing staff.

This is pure superposition, however, I imagine it was Rigg who made these decisions and if he is to blame then this is a good decision.

I hope we find someone else to replace his role. Someone with as impressive a CV but who also has a regard for the culture of the club.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was more to decision then what initially meets the eye.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 00:25 - Dec 21 with 1911 viewsichbinnaughty

Mike Rigg has left the building.. on 00:01 - Dec 21 by ActonR

I think getting rid of Rigg may be a good decision.

I liked the role he played at the club. Clubs like WBA have demonstrated the medium to long term value and stability that a technical director can provide -- something that we most certainly need. Especially if in the short term he can provide some craft in the transfer market.

The way the last regime treated people left a lot to be desired. It demonstrates a fundamental lack of understanding of the culture of the club to sack, arguably, a club legend like Kevin Gallen by email -- for starters what message does that send to the current playing staff.

This is pure superposition, however, I imagine it was Rigg who made these decisions and if he is to blame then this is a good decision.

I hope we find someone else to replace his role. Someone with as impressive a CV but who also has a regard for the culture of the club.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was more to decision then what initially meets the eye.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Erm.
Wtf.
I don't know what to say to this.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024