Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Went to new wembley for the first time today 23:30 - Aug 1 with 1338 viewsLewes_r

And decided loftus road is better. A new stadium for us is inevitable but please dont wish away the days until then. We have a special little gaff.

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Went to new wembley for the first time today on 23:32 - Aug 1 with 1333 viewsPacal_Votan

The largest non-atmospheric pit in the world.

"Try the whine!!!"

Went to new wembley for the first time today on 23:36 - Aug 1 with 1322 viewsLewes_r

Weird old place. Emirites similar.. New age of football and all that but the experience was cold and removed... Atleast i didnt need to queue for the bogs tho and that is the most import thing it seems

Went to new wembley for the first time today on 23:42 - Aug 1 with 1303 viewsted_hendrix

I thought the atmosphere when AC/DC played there was good.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Went to new wembley for the first time today on 23:44 - Aug 1 with 1300 viewsHayesender

Been there twice now for England games and hated it with a passion both times.

I'll only set foot in the place again if/when we get there

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Went to new wembley for the first time today on 00:26 - Aug 2 with 1267 viewsPacal_Votan

It's better for concerts than football Ted.

"Try the whine!!!"

Went to new wembley for the first time today on 00:30 - Aug 2 with 1263 viewsPommyhoop

Hope I can save enuff pennies to fly back and show littlun our 'special little gaff' before they bulldoze it ..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Went to new wembley for the first time today on 01:00 - Aug 2 with 1240 viewsqueensparker

Escalators have no place in football. A lot of modern grounds feel more like airports
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Went to new wembley for the first time today on 09:13 - Aug 2 with 1129 viewsYorkRanger

Naturally I love Loftus Rd but cannot agree with the criticism of Wembley. I've been lucky enough to go to a number of games including 3 cup semi finals and 3 finals and the atmosphere at each has been excellent. This may be a bitter pill to swallow for some but I've been at the same end as Spurs supporters and Man City supporters (different games) and the noise from their renditions of "when the spurs go marching in" and "Blue Moon" respectively made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. Sorry chaps!
Login to get fewer ads

Went to new wembley for the first time today on 09:23 - Aug 2 with 1116 viewsLewes_r

Not questioning the noise.. There is just no intimacy with whats happening on the pitch. Its like you are not in there with the action.. For me watching football is a better experience at Loftus road than any of the giant new stadiums ive been to.

Ill never forget that evening sitting in the R block shitting the life out of Mata. A true 20th century experience that will soon be never experienced again as we continue to put space between the fans and players ( in every sense)

Went to new wembley for the first time today on 09:32 - Aug 2 with 1097 viewsYorkRanger

Went to new wembley for the first time today on 09:23 - Aug 2 by Lewes_r

Not questioning the noise.. There is just no intimacy with whats happening on the pitch. Its like you are not in there with the action.. For me watching football is a better experience at Loftus road than any of the giant new stadiums ive been to.

Ill never forget that evening sitting in the R block shitting the life out of Mata. A true 20th century experience that will soon be never experienced again as we continue to put space between the fans and players ( in every sense)

Lewes - when I've been I didn't feel detached from what was happening on the pitch. I do agree with your R Block/Mata point though
Went to new wembley for the first time today on 09:39 - Aug 2 with 1085 viewsthame_hoops

Been to Wembley for every nfl game, love it there, right on top
Of the action wherever your sat. Would be a great atmosphere if rangers forthwith there
Went to new wembley for the first time today on 10:44 - Aug 2 with 1042 viewsWestbourneR

It's a really bad stadium. Such a shame.

Amazing that the powers that be didn't work out that making a stadium with a good ecoustic for atmosphere is paramount.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Went to new wembley for the first time today on 10:45 - Aug 2 with 1038 viewsNorthernr

Been for the Challenge Cup final and was pretty impressed. Is the main problem with it not the thing that paid for it i.e. the Club Wembley middle tier that completely seperates fans in the upper and lower and kills the atmosphere stone dead? That and those seats around the dug outs that remain empty through the second half while fcking wnkrs "network"?
Went to new wembley for the first time today on 10:49 - Aug 2 with 1029 viewsLewes_r

Went to new wembley for the first time today on 10:44 - Aug 2 by WestbourneR

It's a really bad stadium. Such a shame.

Amazing that the powers that be didn't work out that making a stadium with a good ecoustic for atmosphere is paramount.

Must say from watching games on the box from there ive never noticed a sustained chant that has worked from both sides of the ground (England games etc) but thats just from the experience of listening on TV.. Unlike say Anfield etc..

I think the roof might be too high/cavernous And does cause a bit of a weird echo that throws you a bit..

As a building its mighty impressive though

Went to new wembley for the first time today on 10:52 - Aug 2 with 1022 viewsChurchOfLes

We really need to take a leaf out of Seattle's book.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CenturyLink_Field

"The architectural firm Ellerbe Becket, in association with Loschky Marquardt & Nesholm Architects of Seattle, designed the 1,500,000 sq ft (140,000 m2) project. Allen was closely involved during the design process. While growing up he attended games at the University of Washington's outdoor Husky Stadium. His goal was to create a similar experience and atmosphere at the new venue."

Somebody Tweet Tony & Phil.
Went to new wembley for the first time today on 10:57 - Aug 2 with 1016 viewsdaveB

it's poor for England games as it's just families and day trippers at the dame so the atmosphere is dreadful but for club games it's usually rocking. I was very impressed with it when I went but any QPR stadium would be half the size of that anyway so would be a very different design.
Went to new wembley for the first time today on 10:58 - Aug 2 with 1015 viewsLewes_r

Went to new wembley for the first time today on 10:52 - Aug 2 by ChurchOfLes

We really need to take a leaf out of Seattle's book.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CenturyLink_Field

"The architectural firm Ellerbe Becket, in association with Loschky Marquardt & Nesholm Architects of Seattle, designed the 1,500,000 sq ft (140,000 m2) project. Allen was closely involved during the design process. While growing up he attended games at the University of Washington's outdoor Husky Stadium. His goal was to create a similar experience and atmosphere at the new venue."

Somebody Tweet Tony & Phil.

Yes. I used to live in Seattle and had a season ticket to the old kingdome.. Then returned a few years ago and went to that stadium (Qwest field back then)

Utterly awesome place and i dont use that word lightly.. Very loud and great scenery with downtown at one end

Also been to husky stadium with lake at one end.. Another cracker

Went to new wembley for the first time today on 11:14 - Aug 2 with 996 viewsTonto

Best stadium I have every been to is Cowboys Stadium in Dallas. Makes Wembley look like a toilet.

The new Wembley is better than the old one, but too much effort was put into the corportae side of things (marble in the lifts anyone) and the common supporter/viwer was an after thought.

Trouble is, thats the way UK stadiums are built these days.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Went to new wembley for the first time today on 11:33 - Aug 2 with 981 viewsYorkRanger

Went to new wembley for the first time today on 10:45 - Aug 2 by Northernr

Been for the Challenge Cup final and was pretty impressed. Is the main problem with it not the thing that paid for it i.e. the Club Wembley middle tier that completely seperates fans in the upper and lower and kills the atmosphere stone dead? That and those seats around the dug outs that remain empty through the second half while fcking wnkrs "network"?

ouch
Went to new wembley for the first time today on 12:12 - Aug 2 with 960 viewsreal_loftus

I've been a couple of times to new Wembley, once on a corporate and once as a civilian. Both were reasonable experiences to be fair. But whether we like it or not, places like Wembley need middle rows full of corporates and huge swathes of "networking" seats, because those are what generate the revenues to sustain huge investments in new stadia.

I'm not sure how popular this will be, but I actually prefer the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff. More atmosphere, better acoustics and better views, less obvious corporates. And its built in the middle of a city and not on some out of town wasteland with no transport connections or local hostelries.

ATAF

ATAF.

Went to new wembley for the first time today on 12:31 - Aug 2 with 937 viewsLewes_r

Went to new wembley for the first time today on 12:12 - Aug 2 by real_loftus

I've been a couple of times to new Wembley, once on a corporate and once as a civilian. Both were reasonable experiences to be fair. But whether we like it or not, places like Wembley need middle rows full of corporates and huge swathes of "networking" seats, because those are what generate the revenues to sustain huge investments in new stadia.

I'm not sure how popular this will be, but I actually prefer the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff. More atmosphere, better acoustics and better views, less obvious corporates. And its built in the middle of a city and not on some out of town wasteland with no transport connections or local hostelries.

ATAF

My only experience of cardiff was seeing a ginger c*nt scoring against the run of play.. I dont think i can go back there again

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024