Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Senedd Costs 07:38 - Sep 27 with 1342 viewsYrAlarch

Apparently it's going to cost us an extra £1.2 million to prepare the Senedd for the increased number of members.
Value for money?
Senedd Costs on 07:59 - Sep 27 with 1070 viewsmajorraglan

As far as I am concerned there isn’t and the expansion should be stopped. We also need to see a reduction in the number of local authorities, 22 is far too many.
Senedd Costs on 15:52 - Sep 27 with 973 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Apparently the Senedd wants £875,000 per Senedd member to cover their running costs.

If the Senedd it taking more power then the 22 councils can be reduced to 11 to save money.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Senedd Costs on 17:12 - Sep 27 with 957 viewsFlashberryjack

Get rid of the nest of wasters.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Senedd Costs on 17:16 - Sep 27 with 951 viewsunion_jack

With all due respect, silly question. Of course it’s not worth it!

They need getting rid of completely and if that cost the same then that would be money well spent.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Senedd Costs on 18:01 - Sep 27 with 927 viewsmax936

Senedd Costs on 07:59 - Sep 27 by majorraglan

As far as I am concerned there isn’t and the expansion should be stopped. We also need to see a reduction in the number of local authorities, 22 is far too many.

They were expanding the size of "workforce" by 30 at a cost of 130 million which is a massive waste, far to many administration staff hasn't helped the NHS's financial issues, its a ridiculous waste of resources.
The local doctor spends more time in front of a computer then the time seeing patients.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Senedd Costs on 18:57 - Sep 27 with 862 viewsSullutaCreturned

Senedd Costs on 15:52 - Sep 27 by felixstowe_jack

Apparently the Senedd wants £875,000 per Senedd member to cover their running costs.

If the Senedd it taking more power then the 22 councils can be reduced to 11 to save money.

11? Why do we need more than 5, maybe 6? Then we'd cut a lot of expensive and needless senior management jobs and the money could go on what we really need, frontline staff.

Mind you, that's without the extra costs of th Senedd.

Lets face it, icreasing the numbers in the bay is only going to make other services in Wales poorer and they will suffer as a result. Not that the charlatans in the senedd will care because they'll get first class services, being VIP's....laughable really, that lot being VIP's!
Senedd Costs on 20:23 - Sep 27 with 824 viewsLuther27

They are worth nothing…and I mean nothing. The public have been refused any say on this expansion along with the change on how they are elected or the actual candidate choice. They ignore the electorate and have a total and utter contempt for us the public and democracy as a whole.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Senedd Costs on 06:05 - Sep 28 with 726 viewsYrAlarch

Senedd Costs on 20:23 - Sep 27 by Luther27

They are worth nothing…and I mean nothing. The public have been refused any say on this expansion along with the change on how they are elected or the actual candidate choice. They ignore the electorate and have a total and utter contempt for us the public and democracy as a whole.

Yes, just like the imposition of the 20mph speed limit there has been no proper public consultation.
Login to get fewer ads

Senedd Costs on 12:53 - Sep 28 with 676 viewsReslovenSwan1

Senedd Costs on 20:23 - Sep 27 by Luther27

The people can vote them out at the next election. It is primarily the labour party that can be removed. The money is pennies in the scheme of things.
[Post edited 28 Sep 12:59]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Senedd Costs on 13:05 - Sep 28 with 642 viewsWhiterockin

Senedd Costs on 12:53 - Sep 28 by ReslovenSwan1

The people can vote them out at the next election. It is primarily the labour party that can be removed. The money is pennies in the scheme of things.

That would mean voting out Labour and Plaid because they ensured the bill was passed. The Conservatives voted against, are you suggesting everyone votes Conservative.
Senedd Costs on 13:28 - Sep 28 with 605 viewsScotia

Senedd Costs on 06:05 - Sep 28 by YrAlarch

Yes, just like the imposition of the 20mph speed limit there has been no proper public consultation.

The expansion was in the manifesto they were elected to deliver. As was the 20mph speed limit.
Senedd Costs on 13:36 - Sep 28 with 599 viewsReslovenSwan1

Senedd Costs on 13:05 - Sep 28 by Whiterockin

That would mean voting out Labour and Plaid because they ensured the bill was passed. The Conservatives voted against, are you suggesting everyone votes Conservative.

Please wash your mouth out with Listorine. ( Other makes are acceptable.). Plaid Cymru Liberal party Greens are all acceptable to me. I recently went to USA and stayed in some some sub urban areas where 25mph was mandatory. This is clearly better and has public support

Senedd Costs on 13:51 - Sep 28 with 579 viewsWhiterockin

Senedd Costs on 13:36 - Sep 28 by ReslovenSwan1

Please wash your mouth out with Listorine. ( Other makes are acceptable.). Plaid Cymru Liberal party Greens are all acceptable to me. I recently went to USA and stayed in some some sub urban areas where 25mph was mandatory. This is clearly better and has public support

What are you talking about. You replied to a post about the expansion of the Senedd and said vote them out. I pointed out that it was Labour and Plaid that voted the change through and the Conservatives were against it. Simple really even for you.
Senedd Costs on 14:04 - Sep 28 with 557 viewsSullutaCreturned

Senedd Costs on 13:28 - Sep 28 by Scotia

The expansion was in the manifesto they were elected to deliver. As was the 20mph speed limit.

How many of the electorate voted for them based on their manifesto? How many actually voted for them?

The expansion, just like the change in voting rules, should have been put to referenda.

It's an affornt to democracy that the ruling government can make such changes, that benefit primarily itself, without asking the people for permission.
Senedd Costs on 14:06 - Sep 28 with 555 viewsSullutaCreturned

Senedd Costs on 12:53 - Sep 28 by ReslovenSwan1

You may be familiar with an old saying that is apposite to this thread, look after the pennies...
Senedd Costs on 14:14 - Sep 28 with 548 viewsReslovenSwan1

Senedd Costs on 13:51 - Sep 28 by Whiterockin

What are you talking about. You replied to a post about the expansion of the Senedd and said vote them out. I pointed out that it was Labour and Plaid that voted the change through and the Conservatives were against it. Simple really even for you.

You asked me a direct question and because I am a nice fellow I answered it. I always do because it is good to communicate and it is a forum with charitable connections.

You then did what you always do and put in a light slur to keep your mates happy. I do not consider myself simple.

Senedd Costs on 14:22 - Sep 28 with 540 viewsReslovenSwan1

Senedd Costs on 14:04 - Sep 28 by SullutaCreturned

How many of the electorate voted for them based on their manifesto? How many actually voted for them?

The expansion, just like the change in voting rules, should have been put to referenda.

It's an affornt to democracy that the ruling government can make such changes, that benefit primarily itself, without asking the people for permission.

This must have slipped your mind.

Growing legislative powers – the 2011 referendum
In a 2011 referendum, 63.5% voted to grant the Assembly full law-making powers in the areas for which it already had responsibility. This meant the Assembly could pass laws in these areas “without recourse to Westminster”.

Senedd Costs on 14:42 - Sep 28 with 513 viewsSullutaCreturned

Senedd Costs on 14:22 - Sep 28 by ReslovenSwan1

This must have slipped your mind.

Growing legislative powers – the 2011 referendum
In a 2011 referendum, 63.5% voted to grant the Assembly full law-making powers in the areas for which it already had responsibility. This meant the Assembly could pass laws in these areas “without recourse to Westminster”.

It didn't slip my mind but not that many people were interested as shown by the less than 36% turnout. That said, had they mentioned changing the election laws and expanding the Senedd in 2011?

Besides which, having full law making powers and then using them to feather your own nest is still a big no-no. They cannot just re-write democracy without the electorates permission.

Finally, where did I mention Westminster, no, I said "without asking the people" and any believer in democracy shoukd be asking that question, where is their right to pick who sits where and make more room on the gravy train?
Senedd Costs on 15:11 - Sep 28 with 477 viewsWhiterockin

Senedd Costs on 14:42 - Sep 28 by SullutaCreturned

It didn't slip my mind but not that many people were interested as shown by the less than 36% turnout. That said, had they mentioned changing the election laws and expanding the Senedd in 2011?

Besides which, having full law making powers and then using them to feather your own nest is still a big no-no. They cannot just re-write democracy without the electorates permission.

Finally, where did I mention Westminster, no, I said "without asking the people" and any believer in democracy shoukd be asking that question, where is their right to pick who sits where and make more room on the gravy train?

Over 5,000 people are employed directly by the Welsh Government. If the AM's felt that their workload was to much, surely they could have delegated some of the work without the costs involved by increasing the Senedd members.
Senedd Costs on 20:30 - Sep 28 with 310 viewsScotia

Senedd Costs on 14:04 - Sep 28 by SullutaCreturned

That's the problem. People aren't interested. The Senedd wouldn't be in existence if they were.

Both those issues have been clearly put to the public who either weren't interested or voted for them to be implemented. Exactly the same for the 20 mph.

Labour in Wales can do what they want because they'll be elected, if they fall slightly short in terms of numbers then Plaid will support them because they're basically the same.

I can see reform doing well under the new system but not well enough to make a difference.

I'd love to see a new centrist, anti-devolution and anti-independence emerge it would take generations to make a difference but I'd probably even consider getting politically involved with them.

We desperately need an alternative who aren't idiots.
Senedd Costs on 06:31 - Sep 29 with 241 viewsYrAlarch

Senedd Costs on 13:28 - Sep 28 by Scotia

That is not proper consultation.
Senedd Costs on 07:06 - Sep 29 with 239 viewsScotia

Senedd Costs on 06:31 - Sep 29 by YrAlarch

That is not proper consultation.

It's the biggest and most open consultation you can get.

It was also in Plaid's manifesto.

If we had further consultations and referenda on every thing a government put in it's manifesto nothing would get done.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-politics-56676066

The points weren't even hidden, they were on the BBC key points article.
[Post edited 29 Sep 7:13]
Senedd Costs on 10:02 - Sep 29 with 174 viewsKilkennyjack

UK Tory government recently reduced the MPs from Wales from 40 to 32.
Reducing our welsh voice in Westminster, although it was already small.

Not sure that i remember voting for that one….

Beware of the Risen People

Senedd Costs on 10:06 - Sep 29 with 169 viewsonehunglow

Senedd Costs on 10:02 - Sep 29 by Kilkennyjack

UK Tory government recently reduced the MPs from Wales from 40 to 32.
Reducing our welsh voice in Westminster, although it was already small.

Not sure that i remember voting for that one….

Where’ve you been Lazarus
Welcome back ,ya mad nut

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Senedd Costs on 11:04 - Sep 29 with 139 viewsKilkennyjack

Senedd Costs on 10:06 - Sep 29 by onehunglow

Where’ve you been Lazarus
Welcome back ,ya mad nut

Feeling much better now mate, thank you.

Good to see you are still keeping posters honest … 👍

Three points today would be fantastic !

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024