Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Jay..... 19:27 - Sep 17 with 1219 viewsthrillseeker

.....is alive as in starting XI tonight
Matt Jay..... on 19:33 - Sep 17 with 1204 viewsTheOldOakTree

Another slap in the face for Read having to play in the reserves.

The Bristol Street Motors Trophy is almost as pointless as the UEFA Nations League.
[Post edited 17 Sep 19:37]
Matt Jay..... on 21:33 - Sep 17 with 1121 viewsthrillseeker

.....but subbed
Matt Jay..... on 21:52 - Sep 17 with 1091 viewswessex_exile

Well, football is a funny old game isn't it.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Matt Jay..... on 12:16 - Sep 18 with 938 viewsWitham

To be fair to Matt MK Don's we're bossing midfield in the first half and he never had much service although when he did he was unlucky in what would have been winning passes.
Matt Jay..... on 13:24 - Sep 18 with 902 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Attendance was under 1,200 last night and MK brought less than 50. I'm surprised we got over a thousand to be honest. There was barely a mention of this match on here and even Durham wasn't interested. I'm sure there was a time when this competition was valued by clubs but that seems long gone now. We made 11 changes to our starting XI from Saturday, a whole different team. Players that haven't even made a squad this season started and we had a lad on the bench who'd been at school all day (he probably hadn't but you get my point). This competition offers clubs at our level a genuine chance of silverware and a trip to Wembley but most clubs don't seem to care about it until the later stages and sometimes not even then. Can it be saved or is it destined to be the reserve/youth cup until someone takes it out the back and puts it out of it's misery?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Matt Jay..... on 13:27 - Sep 18 with 900 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Also to go back to the original topic I was shocked to see Jay starting last night. I fully expected to never see him in a Col U shirt again. Fair play to his attitude and dedication as a professional but I do wonder if even he believes he's got the slightest chance of getting back in the squad for league games.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Matt Jay..... on 14:46 - Sep 18 with 866 viewswessex_exile

Matt Jay..... on 13:24 - Sep 18 by RSCOSWORTH

Attendance was under 1,200 last night and MK brought less than 50. I'm surprised we got over a thousand to be honest. There was barely a mention of this match on here and even Durham wasn't interested. I'm sure there was a time when this competition was valued by clubs but that seems long gone now. We made 11 changes to our starting XI from Saturday, a whole different team. Players that haven't even made a squad this season started and we had a lad on the bench who'd been at school all day (he probably hadn't but you get my point). This competition offers clubs at our level a genuine chance of silverware and a trip to Wembley but most clubs don't seem to care about it until the later stages and sometimes not even then. Can it be saved or is it destined to be the reserve/youth cup until someone takes it out the back and puts it out of it's misery?

I paid my Now TV one day subscription and watched the game. The EFL Trophy has always suffered from lack of interest. Yes these days it's badged as a 'protest' at the involvement of the PL U21 sides, but attendances weren't that much better before that if I'm honest. You're not wrong though, by far the easiest route to a Wembley appearance in the lower leagues.

First half was a hard watch, with the U's chasing shadows as MK Dons controlled the ball, but were surprisingly ineffective in doing anything with it - albeit they did score, mainly thanks to sleep-walking defending though. Matt Jay looked okay, good vision, nice feet, but we just couldn't hold onto the ball long enough for him to have an impact. Anderson looked like he'd done his groin, but (with no disrespect) it did force Danny to bring on Egbo, and it was his pace (and Tovidesque ability to fall over at the slightest nudge) that earned the penalty to give us an unlikely lifeline back into the game. Well taken by Scully, 'keeper went the right way, but beaten by power.

Second half was much better, for the second string. The Dongs still seemed determined to bore everyone to death with ball possession without purpose, but even then, Kelleher's goal still came as a bit of a surprise. Great determination too - first to his own knockdown, and with half the Dongs' defence hanging off his shirt to try and stop him. After that, with subs coming thick and fast, we just ran the clock down when we could, or let them dither it away with meaningless possession. I think by the end of the game they had over 75%.

One final point, it might have been under 1,200 there last night, but the lads at the back of S1 put in a sterling shift keeping the noise levels up with some entertaining chants - well done!

Up the U's

Matt Jay..... on 16:39 - Sep 18 with 756 viewsburnsieespana

I read somewhere clubs get £50k for entering and then extra amounts as they progress so fi ancially worthwhile
Login to get fewer ads

Matt Jay..... on 17:36 - Sep 18 with 738 viewsmfb_cufc

Extended Highlights, for those interested.

mfb

Matt Jay..... on 21:39 - Sep 19 with 534 viewsghughes11

Matt Jay..... on 14:46 - Sep 18 by wessex_exile

I paid my Now TV one day subscription and watched the game. The EFL Trophy has always suffered from lack of interest. Yes these days it's badged as a 'protest' at the involvement of the PL U21 sides, but attendances weren't that much better before that if I'm honest. You're not wrong though, by far the easiest route to a Wembley appearance in the lower leagues.

First half was a hard watch, with the U's chasing shadows as MK Dons controlled the ball, but were surprisingly ineffective in doing anything with it - albeit they did score, mainly thanks to sleep-walking defending though. Matt Jay looked okay, good vision, nice feet, but we just couldn't hold onto the ball long enough for him to have an impact. Anderson looked like he'd done his groin, but (with no disrespect) it did force Danny to bring on Egbo, and it was his pace (and Tovidesque ability to fall over at the slightest nudge) that earned the penalty to give us an unlikely lifeline back into the game. Well taken by Scully, 'keeper went the right way, but beaten by power.

Second half was much better, for the second string. The Dongs still seemed determined to bore everyone to death with ball possession without purpose, but even then, Kelleher's goal still came as a bit of a surprise. Great determination too - first to his own knockdown, and with half the Dongs' defence hanging off his shirt to try and stop him. After that, with subs coming thick and fast, we just ran the clock down when we could, or let them dither it away with meaningless possession. I think by the end of the game they had over 75%.

One final point, it might have been under 1,200 there last night, but the lads at the back of S1 put in a sterling shift keeping the noise levels up with some entertaining chants - well done!

"One final point, it might have been under 1,200 there last night, but the lads at the back of S1 put in a sterling shift keeping the noise levels up with some entertaining chants - well done!"

Entertaining chants! - one or two aimed at people watching the match on the tele
[Post edited 19 Sep 21:39]

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Matt Jay..... on 22:26 - Sep 19 with 508 viewswessex_exile

Matt Jay..... on 21:39 - Sep 19 by ghughes11

"One final point, it might have been under 1,200 there last night, but the lads at the back of S1 put in a sterling shift keeping the noise levels up with some entertaining chants - well done!"

Entertaining chants! - one or two aimed at people watching the match on the tele
[Post edited 19 Sep 21:39]

LOL - I can live with that, I know they didn't mean me, thee and the rest of the exiles.

Up the U's

Matt Jay..... on 21:19 - Sep 21 with 296 viewsMarkyMark47

After today's win DC mentioned the cliche that a week is a long time in football, but to think that Williamson is now, just four days later, the manager of Carlisle!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024