Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD 19:28 - Sep 10 with 17643 viewsEdindale

Hope we keep our good recent form going.
Up the dale 3-0.
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 10:25 - Sep 11 with 3680 viewsjpresto

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 10:04 - Sep 11 by EllDale

Really good first half but doesn’t it make a difference when pressure and possession is converted into goals?
That was a great corner from Henry to find East unmarked for the first goal and he whipped over a great free kick not long after. His deliveries are first class.
Just as crucial was the save from Robson just before the break when he turned the ball onto the post.
It became a tactical battle in the second half and Maidenhead really caused some problems down their left hand side. Plenty of options on the bench to make changes these days though.
The air of obvious disappointment when they scored was evident off the pitch and on the terraces. Clean sheets have become a matter of pride!
I thought the attendance was encouraging as well. A Tuesday night with England live on TV didn’t see a drop in gate compared to recent Saturdays which hasn’t always been the case.
And it was great to see so many youngsters in the Sandy (by that I mean under 20s). It reminded me so much of my generation 50 odd years ago. Hopefully they’ll be hooked for life just as we were!

What was the attendance? Pretty busy in the Sandy
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 10:32 - Sep 11 with 3613 viewsTVOS1907

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 10:25 - Sep 11 by jpresto

What was the attendance? Pretty busy in the Sandy

2313 with 23 away fans.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 12:47 - Sep 11 with 3262 viewsDaleFan7

It was another great performance for the first 50 minutes. The striking difference between this season and last is that we can rotate a lot of the team and there's very little to no drop off in performance.

We unnecessarily panicked after they scored their first and were under pressure for the rest of the game. Last night showed the importance of TAR to the team and the way we play. They hadn't had a sniff down our right hand side all night until he went off but when he did, their left back had pretty much free rein to go up and down the line as he wanted and it caused us a lot of problems.
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 13:09 - Sep 11 with 3181 viewsD_Alien

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 12:47 - Sep 11 by DaleFan7

It was another great performance for the first 50 minutes. The striking difference between this season and last is that we can rotate a lot of the team and there's very little to no drop off in performance.

We unnecessarily panicked after they scored their first and were under pressure for the rest of the game. Last night showed the importance of TAR to the team and the way we play. They hadn't had a sniff down our right hand side all night until he went off but when he did, their left back had pretty much free rein to go up and down the line as he wanted and it caused us a lot of problems.

One of theirs "accidently on purpose" put a boot into TAR's shin whilst chasing a thrown in. TAR took a moment to shake off the impact, so the ref books him for "time-wasting" FFS

He was subbed shortly after, probably due to the shin injury but also due to having been booked. That changed the game in Maidenhead's favour. Or rather, the ref did, when he should've booked their player for following-through on a meaningless tackle
[Post edited 11 Sep 13:10]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 13:16 - Sep 11 with 3145 viewstony_roch975

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 12:47 - Sep 11 by DaleFan7

442's earlier post questions the personnel and timing of the RWB substitution. McNulty has tried various players as cover for TAR with debateable success - despite the relative strength in depth of this season's squad I'd say several players have no like-for-like cover - eg Allarakhia & TAR.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 13:26 - Sep 11 with 3083 views442Dale

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 13:16 - Sep 11 by tony_roch975

442's earlier post questions the personnel and timing of the RWB substitution. McNulty has tried various players as cover for TAR with debateable success - despite the relative strength in depth of this season's squad I'd say several players have no like-for-like cover - eg Allarakhia & TAR.

Actually think Armstrong is showing to be a useful attribute off the bench for Allarakhia when we need to see out games. It also got much better on the right when Gordon moved to RWB, but you wouldn’t want to move him from his usual position too often when he’s playing this well.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 13:33 - Sep 11 with 3058 viewsD_Alien

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 13:26 - Sep 11 by 442Dale

Actually think Armstrong is showing to be a useful attribute off the bench for Allarakhia when we need to see out games. It also got much better on the right when Gordon moved to RWB, but you wouldn’t want to move him from his usual position too often when he’s playing this well.

I've referred to why the TAR subbing most likely happened

The Allarakhia subbing came not long after he'd given the ball away deep in our own half which led to their goal. Although he'd done okay when on the attack, he certainly milked the continuous round of applause as he walked slowly around in front of the Pearl St. A short round of applause was justified (as with most subs) but he'd done nothing to warrant what actually happened. I wonder if there's a slight danger he might think he's a bit too big for his boots? Delicate balance there for JM to manage

Also felt a bit sorry for Ayinde, who walked behind him in his wake

[Post edited 11 Sep 13:37]

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 14:22 - Sep 11 with 2887 viewstony_roch975

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 13:26 - Sep 11 by 442Dale

Yes I've been pleasantly surprised by Armstrong but isn't he more of a full back without Allarakhia's attacking strength? Agree Gordon is more important as the right CB.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Login to get fewer ads

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 16:44 - Sep 11 with 2609 viewsjonahwhereru

Are we still bubbling under or are we at the peak of our powers right now. I can still make a case for the former despite our league position. Three different centre half’s already had to be use and yet we have only conceded 3. The competition for place in the middle is so strong that we genuinely have numerous options and therefore training pitch competition for places. While up front we last night could not find a place on the bench for Hendo and yet nobody batted an eye lid.
I don’t care what BJ sees as his best 11, as long as the ones he chooses know others are breathing down their necks for the shirt.
As an aside, Holt, Murray, Hogan, O’Grady et al still burn bright in our memories. So Mitchell will always struggle to be held in the same affections as many of his predecessors, but that is a really high bar. I have always liked him but I am trying to resist a picture for me wall right now. The good lady isn’t to keen.
Forest Green activated a120k realise clause for Southend’s 28 year old forward Cardwell last week. That has made me wonder what some of our squad might be worth to our competitors.
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 16:54 - Sep 11 with 2557 viewslyberoc

Does anyone know the result of the 50/50 half time draw , or where I can find it? I forgot to check my tickets
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 17:25 - Sep 11 with 2476 viewsTalkingSutty

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 16:44 - Sep 11 by jonahwhereru

Are we still bubbling under or are we at the peak of our powers right now. I can still make a case for the former despite our league position. Three different centre half’s already had to be use and yet we have only conceded 3. The competition for place in the middle is so strong that we genuinely have numerous options and therefore training pitch competition for places. While up front we last night could not find a place on the bench for Hendo and yet nobody batted an eye lid.
I don’t care what BJ sees as his best 11, as long as the ones he chooses know others are breathing down their necks for the shirt.
As an aside, Holt, Murray, Hogan, O’Grady et al still burn bright in our memories. So Mitchell will always struggle to be held in the same affections as many of his predecessors, but that is a really high bar. I have always liked him but I am trying to resist a picture for me wall right now. The good lady isn’t to keen.
Forest Green activated a120k realise clause for Southend’s 28 year old forward Cardwell last week. That has made me wonder what some of our squad might be worth to our competitors.

This might be a first in the history of the club, we have no need to sell our best players to our competitors or anybody else, unless it's crazy money. The Ogden family are deadly serious about returning to the EFL within three years, to achieve that we can't sell our best players, we need to retain them and add quality as we go along. A transfer fee of 200k/300k is false economy when you think of the financial rewards for returning to the EFL, kick starting the Academy etc. That's why it's really important that those tasked with the day to day running of the club maximise every opportunity to increase outside revenue from sponsorship, hospitality, increase attendances. The Ogden family are going the extra mile, the manager and players are pulling their tripe out and the same needs to be seen from those employed by the club and in the Boardroom. People will spend money if the product is right and they feel valued.
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 17:25 - Sep 11 with 2475 viewsBrierls

A good performance. I came away thinking it was a weird game, probably because it's the first time we've had a team come at us since York away. I think we were the better team by some distance, but credit to Maidenhead they looked twice the team that we faced last season. I think us taking our foot off the gas a little contributed in the second half, but I'm happy to learn those lessons at 3-0 up.

The options we have compared to last season is incredible. I am so impressed with players that have come into the club. I didn't think we needed another forward (not #9) but I get the feeling Ayinde was seen as somebody too good to turn down. You can see he has ability, it didn't always come off last night, but his workrate and physicality is spot on. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him. McBride is a completely different player but I rate him, he constantly finds pockets of space. Throw Burger into the mix, and obviously Rodney has been playing there, we really are total options Dale.

TAR and Allarakhia have been superb. Again, it's not just about ability, their workrate is superb. Last night, Maidenhead had done their homework on us and looked to limit our impact down the wings. That leaves a bit more space in the middle and Henry and East are able to exploit that. I am a big fan of Henry, his delivery is wonderful and on the ball he's always looking to pass forwards.

Kairo is a confidence player, no doubt. Without the confidence the recent goals have brought, I think he hits it first time for that 1st goal, which the defenders and keeper had covered. Instead he takes a touch to shift it then takes a shot before the keeper has reset himself. The 2nd goal, he hits it first time because he's flying. It's great to see because he comes in for some stick from some who don't understand what he provides to this team.

It's all a bit good at the minute. I think the mini fightback last night will do us good from a focus perspective. It will probably do fans some good too because you could sense nervousness in the stands too. Onwards and upwards, this group are the real deal.
[Post edited 11 Sep 17:28]
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 17:29 - Sep 11 with 2443 viewsTalkingSutty

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 17:25 - Sep 11 by Brierls

A good performance. I came away thinking it was a weird game, probably because it's the first time we've had a team come at us since York away. I think we were the better team by some distance, but credit to Maidenhead they looked twice the team that we faced last season. I think us taking our foot off the gas a little contributed in the second half, but I'm happy to learn those lessons at 3-0 up.

The options we have compared to last season is incredible. I am so impressed with players that have come into the club. I didn't think we needed another forward (not #9) but I get the feeling Ayinde was seen as somebody too good to turn down. You can see he has ability, it didn't always come off last night, but his workrate and physicality is spot on. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him. McBride is a completely different player but I rate him, he constantly finds pockets of space. Throw Burger into the mix, and obviously Rodney has been playing there, we really are total options Dale.

TAR and Allarakhia have been superb. Again, it's not just about ability, their workrate is superb. Last night, Maidenhead had done their homework on us and looked to limit our impact down the wings. That leaves a bit more space in the middle and Henry and East are able to exploit that. I am a big fan of Henry, his delivery is wonderful and on the ball he's always looking to pass forwards.

Kairo is a confidence player, no doubt. Without the confidence the recent goals have brought, I think he hits it first time for that 1st goal, which the defenders and keeper had covered. Instead he takes a touch to shift it then takes a shot before the keeper has reset himself. The 2nd goal, he hits it first time because he's flying. It's great to see because he comes in for some stick from some who don't understand what he provides to this team.

It's all a bit good at the minute. I think the mini fightback last night will do us good from a focus perspective. It will probably do fans some good too because you could sense nervousness in the stands too. Onwards and upwards, this group are the real deal.
[Post edited 11 Sep 17:28]

A wonderful post and absolutely spot on.
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 17:40 - Sep 11 with 2398 viewsPearl_v_Sandy

Pearl 4 Sandy 3
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 18:14 - Sep 11 with 2306 views49thseason

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 16:44 - Sep 11 by jonahwhereru

Cardwell was the best centre forward I saw last season, he was an absolute nuisance from minute one and I think he scored twice at the COA? He was excellent in the air and his running unsettled us right across the defence.. Looks like FGR are making a statement of intent by forking out for him....
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 18:50 - Sep 11 with 2209 viewsbluevein64

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 13:33 - Sep 11 by D_Alien

The Allarakhia subbing came not long after he'd given the ball away deep in our own half which led to their goal. Although he'd done okay when on the attack, he certainly milked the continuous round of applause as he walked slowly around in front of the Pearl St. A short round of applause was justified (as with most subs) but he'd done nothing to warrant what actually happened. I wonder if there's a slight danger he might think he's a bit too big for his boots? Delicate balance there for JM to manage

Allarakhia has been my top player up to now however, he wasn't at his best last night, as you rightly say he gave the ball away which led to the Maidenhead goal then then he was remonstrating with Sassi who turned sideways, went down on one knee and tried to block the ball with his outstretched leg/foot, clearly not the best defending from a professional footballer never the less I can't see any reason why Alarakhia had any cause to complain, with regards to milking the crowd, in my opinion he deserves that particularly on his previous performances, the main reason that I've tagged onto your post Alien "I wonder if there's a slight danger that he's getting a bit too big for his boots" exactly my thoughts !
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 19:11 - Sep 11 with 2116 viewsBrierls

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 13:33 - Sep 11 by D_Alien

If being "a bit too big for his boots" is running his balls off and tracking back for the cause, despite having an abundance of attacking ability, then let's just get the lad some bigger boots.

He's getting the applause because he's been a quality addition, shown over a number of games.
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 19:42 - Sep 11 with 2015 viewsD_Alien

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 19:11 - Sep 11 by Brierls

If being "a bit too big for his boots" is running his balls off and tracking back for the cause, despite having an abundance of attacking ability, then let's just get the lad some bigger boots.

He's getting the applause because he's been a quality addition, shown over a number of games.

I just knew you'd get round to commenting on that

I'm a fan of Allarakhia, and added my applause to his trudge round the pitch. I do, however, detect something which i hope JM isn't presented with as a problem within the squad. As i said in my post, his milking it by taking forever to get round the pitch whilst play was ongoing left Ayinde trailing in his wake, and looking like he just wanted to get to the dugout but had to wait behind Allarakhia

You can have your own perceptions; i have mine, and that's what i saw happening

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 20:00 - Sep 11 with 1955 viewsBrierls

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 19:42 - Sep 11 by D_Alien

I just knew you'd get round to commenting on that

I'm a fan of Allarakhia, and added my applause to his trudge round the pitch. I do, however, detect something which i hope JM isn't presented with as a problem within the squad. As i said in my post, his milking it by taking forever to get round the pitch whilst play was ongoing left Ayinde trailing in his wake, and looking like he just wanted to get to the dugout but had to wait behind Allarakhia

You can have your own perceptions; i have mine, and that's what i saw happening

Player gets subbed.
Player asked by the ref to exit stage left.
Player has to walk to dugouts stage right.
Player is applauded for putting a shift in.

Your perception is unfounded negativity. The team are flying, the togetherness is palpable, and you're spinning this nonsense. So yeah, I commented.
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 20:32 - Sep 11 with 1849 viewsD_Alien

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 20:00 - Sep 11 by Brierls

Player gets subbed.
Player asked by the ref to exit stage left.
Player has to walk to dugouts stage right.
Player is applauded for putting a shift in.

Your perception is unfounded negativity. The team are flying, the togetherness is palpable, and you're spinning this nonsense. So yeah, I commented.

Players get subbed? No shit...

The togetherness might've looked more erm... "together" if a second's thought had been given to newbie Ayinde and they'd walked round erm... together

I applauded both, whilst taking note of it being like a procession with Ayinde trailing

You can think what the hell you like, my concern is that no player should be taking the limelight above others. I get that you might miss things like that

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 06:50 - Sep 12 with 1308 viewsDale_4_Life

The 3rd game in 8 we have scored 3 goals.. Nice.

Mitchell is twice the player when on the shoulder of a centre half NOT back to goal attempting to hold the ball up.. he needs to be the one being fed.. not doing the feeding.

East was incredible again and his purple patch is a huge reason we have gone on this mini run.

Loving TAR and Gordon on the right... Allarakhia totally getting his defensive responsibility and working his nuts off in doing so.. The applause last night was by those who recognised just how much of a shift he put in for the team.

The whole team look together its a pleasure to go and support lads who are totally bought in to what they are being asked to do.

Finally massive credit to Maidenhead who at 3-0 down scored a really good goal and looked to put us under considerable pressure pressing for a second. On that second half performance they should move up the table and pull away from the bottom third.

I guess we need to all look forward to Saturday now. 2300 on a cold (Ish) Tuesday with England on TV is not bad... It would be nice to be closer to 3000 in the ground on Saturday.
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 06:52 - Sep 12 with 1306 viewsDale_4_Life

Oh.. Ayinde looks talented..

So much more to come from this lad I am sure of that.
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 07:46 - Sep 12 with 1231 viewsTalkingSutty

TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 06:50 - Sep 12 by Dale_4_Life

The 3rd game in 8 we have scored 3 goals.. Nice.

Mitchell is twice the player when on the shoulder of a centre half NOT back to goal attempting to hold the ball up.. he needs to be the one being fed.. not doing the feeding.

East was incredible again and his purple patch is a huge reason we have gone on this mini run.

Loving TAR and Gordon on the right... Allarakhia totally getting his defensive responsibility and working his nuts off in doing so.. The applause last night was by those who recognised just how much of a shift he put in for the team.

The whole team look together its a pleasure to go and support lads who are totally bought in to what they are being asked to do.

Finally massive credit to Maidenhead who at 3-0 down scored a really good goal and looked to put us under considerable pressure pressing for a second. On that second half performance they should move up the table and pull away from the bottom third.

I guess we need to all look forward to Saturday now. 2300 on a cold (Ish) Tuesday with England on TV is not bad... It would be nice to be closer to 3000 in the ground on Saturday.

Allarakhia is a vital component of the team. He's a grafter who sacrifices his own individual performance to put in the hard yards and nullify the opposition. I'm sure he would like to just sit out on the wing, wait for the ball to arrive and just take on the defender, we've had wide players like that recently and they now play for York and Oldham, they don't do enough for the team. There's a reason why Allarakhia is replaced near the end of games, he's run himself into the ground, his body language tells you that and he should be applauded all the way back to the dugout. The new lad from Ipswich deserved the applause also, he looks a real bundle of energy.
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 08:10 - Sep 12 with 1193 viewsfrenzied

Milking the applause?

The worse culprit for this is that Desmond the dragon...waving his arms about ,taking selfies with the kids.bowing to the crowd....

Social services or big Jim needs to have a word..

Stick him in goals id like to see him come for a high ball into the box or charge out of his area to clear along ball over the top.

The team are doing great milk it whilst you can

[Post edited 12 Sep 8:10]
TONIGHTS GAME V MAIDENHEAD UTD on 08:41 - Sep 12 with 1117 viewsJames1980

A replay of East's goal came up on Instagram and it got me wondering why you don't see teams trying a similar routine from corners more often.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024