Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints want 20 million for KWP 14:59 - Jul 26 with 1029 views1teeminants

I was chatting to my brother earlier about saints would probably need to sell someone big to allow more signings then 20 minutes after our chat this appears. It was inevitable that if Saints want to secure another 2/3 signings eg O Riley,Jack Clarke , Bereton Diaz then something has to give so Saints have slapped 20 million on KWP .

https://www.southamptonfc.news/transfers/southampton-have-now-named-their-asking
[Post edited 26 Jul 15:15]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Saints want 20 million for KWP on 17:42 - Jul 26 with 902 viewsyateleysaint

I forgot we paid £12m for him but £20m might be a bit ambitious with one year left on his contract. He’s 27 too, never let us down and is in his prime so good luck to him.

You cannot reason a person out of something they were not reasoned into.

Saints want 20 million for KWP on 20:51 - Jul 26 with 780 viewsDorsetIan

Saints want 20 million for KWP on 17:42 - Jul 26 by yateleysaint

I forgot we paid £12m for him but £20m might be a bit ambitious with one year left on his contract. He’s 27 too, never let us down and is in his prime so good luck to him.

Someone would get an absolute bargain for £20m.

Really hope he stays.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Saints want 20 million for KWP on 06:13 - Jul 27 with 629 views1teeminants

Saints want 20 million for KWP on 20:51 - Jul 26 by DorsetIan

Someone would get an absolute bargain for £20m.

Really hope he stays.

It’s looking increasingly unlikely that we can afford Matt O Riley from Celtic and it’s obvious that Russell Martin wants to buy him and we also need a centre forward and goalkeeper .

Probably the only way we’re going to be able to get more in is to sell a big one like KWP . Sugawara looks more than capable of filling his shoes.

Look at what Martin has said.

Russell Martin on Matt O'Riley [Daily Echo]

"Matty is someone I had a brilliant relationship with when I worked with him.

"I tried to take him to Swansea and it would have been incredible business for them, as it has been for Celtic. I stay in touch with a lot of the players I work with. He's on a long list of players that I still stay in touch with and watch with pride at what they've done and got on to do.

"We'll have to wait and see. We are not in a position where we're going to go & spend absolutely huge sums of money on players. I think Celtic want a lot of money for Matty as would I, as any club would for one of their top performers."
[Post edited 27 Jul 6:15]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Saints want 20 million for KWP on 09:30 - Jul 27 with 527 viewsIanSouthstander

Saints want 20 million for KWP on 06:13 - Jul 27 by 1teeminants

It’s looking increasingly unlikely that we can afford Matt O Riley from Celtic and it’s obvious that Russell Martin wants to buy him and we also need a centre forward and goalkeeper .

Probably the only way we’re going to be able to get more in is to sell a big one like KWP . Sugawara looks more than capable of filling his shoes.

Look at what Martin has said.

Russell Martin on Matt O'Riley [Daily Echo]

"Matty is someone I had a brilliant relationship with when I worked with him.

"I tried to take him to Swansea and it would have been incredible business for them, as it has been for Celtic. I stay in touch with a lot of the players I work with. He's on a long list of players that I still stay in touch with and watch with pride at what they've done and got on to do.

"We'll have to wait and see. We are not in a position where we're going to go & spend absolutely huge sums of money on players. I think Celtic want a lot of money for Matty as would I, as any club would for one of their top performers."
[Post edited 27 Jul 6:15]

O'Riley and KWP are both rated around the £20m mark. Why don't we just offer a straight swap.
O'Riley gets to play in the premier league and puts himself in the shop window for a future transfer and KWP gets to play in the Champions League and guarantees he'll win some silverware every season in the domestic league.
Everyones a winner. Job done.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024