Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ross stewart 18:00 - Jul 25 with 4170 viewssaint22

Where is he? For someone who needs game time has he played any part yet?
Did we really sign someone who is not gonna ever make a real impression
Ross stewart on 18:22 - Jul 25 with 3049 viewsA1079

I think we all know where the Ross Stewart thing is heading and I think we have known it for a while. I suspect the club know it as well but being tight lipped about it. It isn't the first time we have been here. I do not expect a good outcome for us on this with a lot of money down the drain but Sunderland will be thanking a greater being for their bit of fortune from it.

I hope I am seriously proven wrong and I am made to eat my words and that RS ends up being a great success this next season but I am keeping my expectations very low on this matter.
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:44 - Jul 25 with 2930 viewsTripleNiemi

Chill 22, only 8 appearances (and one goal) required to be up amongst the dizzy ranks of Delgado. Have faith…..

Trust The Process
[Post edited 25 Jul 21:06]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Ross stewart on 09:47 - Jul 26 with 2666 viewsSaintNick

I am actually pleasedthat Stewart hasn't appeared yet, what we have to remember is that this is the first pre season training that the player has done since the summer of 2022, pre season is about getting back to full fitness and is intense.

The danger with Stewart and indeed Juan Larios is that they haven't got the core fitness yet to handle the intensity and therefore with muscles that have grown weak from inactivity they could do themselves further damage.

So their pre season has to be different to the rest of the squad, yes they both need games, but not before they are ready.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ross stewart on 10:14 - Jul 26 with 2639 viewssaintmark1976

Ross stewart on 09:47 - Jul 26 by SaintNick

I am actually pleasedthat Stewart hasn't appeared yet, what we have to remember is that this is the first pre season training that the player has done since the summer of 2022, pre season is about getting back to full fitness and is intense.

The danger with Stewart and indeed Juan Larios is that they haven't got the core fitness yet to handle the intensity and therefore with muscles that have grown weak from inactivity they could do themselves further damage.

So their pre season has to be different to the rest of the squad, yes they both need games, but not before they are ready.

I admire your never ending loyalty to all things S F C but you being pleased he hasn’t appeared yet is surely stretching it to the limits.

£10 million spent on a 28 year old player that so far has contributed three parts of next to nothing over many months is totally ridiculous.

You state that he may well not have the core fitness.Has he not had all of the closed season to obtain the same and hit the ground running when pre season training started ?

Poll: Should Russell Martin be sacked after saying he won’t compromise?

Ross stewart on 10:28 - Jul 26 with 2610 viewsdirk_doone

Ross stewart on 10:14 - Jul 26 by saintmark1976

I admire your never ending loyalty to all things S F C but you being pleased he hasn’t appeared yet is surely stretching it to the limits.

£10 million spent on a 28 year old player that so far has contributed three parts of next to nothing over many months is totally ridiculous.

You state that he may well not have the core fitness.Has he not had all of the closed season to obtain the same and hit the ground running when pre season training started ?

"I admire your never ending loyalty to all things S F C but you being pleased he hasn’t appeared yet is surely stretching it to the limits."

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Ross stewart on 10:34 - Jul 26 with 2607 viewssaintwizzler

‘You state that he may well not have the core fitness.Has he not had all of the closed season to obtain the same and hit the ground running when pre season training started ?‘

Agreed, not like they’ve needed a holibobs is it?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Ross stewart on 10:43 - Jul 26 with 2595 viewsSaintNick

Its not loyalty to SFC, it is just about taking a rational view of things, I am pleased that SFC are not rushing him back into action, that they are not risking him in what are at the moment meaningless friendlies.

Yes he has had the closed season to build up his fitness, but it is the intensity that is the issue, pre season is intense, it is about getting athletes up to peak performance, it is gruelling, having not brought his muscles etc up to peak levels since January 2023, it is not just as easy as going on a few runs in the closed season and then going into all out intensity.

It is frustrating as you say that Stewart has contributed little in his time here, but i would rather they put him through a proper programme than just stick him back in.

Yes you could counter by saying well he played back in May and yes he did, but 20 mins in a couple of games is not taxing, six weeks of intensive training is

Ross stewart on 12:20 - Jul 26 with 2528 viewsSonicBoom

It's mad.
What you are saying Nick , is that Stewart STILL isn't fit enough to take part in the very training that is used to get the players fit enough to play!

So once he gets to that level he will then need his own pre-season. He's goig to be weeks behind everyone else. What injury did he actually have ??
Login to get fewer ads

Ross stewart on 12:28 - Jul 26 with 2512 viewsSaintNick

Ross stewart on 12:20 - Jul 26 by SonicBoom

It's mad.
What you are saying Nick , is that Stewart STILL isn't fit enough to take part in the very training that is used to get the players fit enough to play!

So once he gets to that level he will then need his own pre-season. He's goig to be weeks behind everyone else. What injury did he actually have ??

I didnt say that at all, I said that he isnt ready to play in a match yet "AND" go to the intensity that is needed.

Stewart hasnt had a problem with his original injury since October when he returned for a couple of games, what his issue was back then was his other muscles did not have the fitness levels and he tore one of them.

Whatever we all think individually of the club, they do have a team of medical professionals who are working on a day to day basis with Stewart & Larios, to bring them up to full fitness levels.

People seem to think it is a simple process, but some players are naturally fitter than others, some players who are perfectly fit and are at peak levels suddenly pull up with a hamstring pull or tear out of nowhere.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Ross stewart on 13:54 - Jul 26 with 2404 viewskingslandstand1

Could we not have actually bought a player that was fit(ish) when he signed for us? I know strikers are at a premium, but ffs, this is becoming embarrassing
Sunderland must be laughing their socks off
Ross stewart on 14:43 - Jul 26 with 2367 viewssaint22

Ross stewart on 09:47 - Jul 26 by SaintNick

Do me a favour
He should have been on his own programme since the injury and been raring to go come pre season
The fact he is unseen is odd at best

That and the fact we still dont have a good keeper
Ross stewart on 15:18 - Jul 26 with 2352 viewsLondonSaint76

Ross stewart on 13:54 - Jul 26 by kingslandstand1

Could we not have actually bought a player that was fit(ish) when he signed for us? I know strikers are at a premium, but ffs, this is becoming embarrassing
Sunderland must be laughing their socks off

As it stands, I think Ali Dia has probably clocked up more 1st team minutes than Ross Stewart!

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Ross stewart on 16:03 - Jul 26 with 2319 viewssaintmark1976

Ross stewart on 12:28 - Jul 26 by SaintNick

I didnt say that at all, I said that he isnt ready to play in a match yet "AND" go to the intensity that is needed.

Stewart hasnt had a problem with his original injury since October when he returned for a couple of games, what his issue was back then was his other muscles did not have the fitness levels and he tore one of them.

Whatever we all think individually of the club, they do have a team of medical professionals who are working on a day to day basis with Stewart & Larios, to bring them up to full fitness levels.

People seem to think it is a simple process, but some players are naturally fitter than others, some players who are perfectly fit and are at peak levels suddenly pull up with a hamstring pull or tear out of nowhere.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Conclusion then Nick ?

1. Our medical professionals don’t have a clue what they are doing.

2. Stewart has ongoing injury and fitness problems which will never be resolved.

Whichever is the case we appear to have once again wasted a shed load of money. Perhaps the club is intending to recover it by charging £10 to furnish me with a physical season ticket which they were happy to provide me for free previously?

After all it’s not as though we were wanting him to play in a World Cup Final, simply a gentle pre season friendly at Eastleigh.

Ross stewart on 16:48 - Jul 26 with 2280 viewsBerber

Ross stewart on 12:20 - Jul 26 by SonicBoom

It's mad.

Let’s give him another season to get fit enough for next pre season.😂
Ross stewart on 17:32 - Jul 26 with 2233 viewsyateleysaint

Jesus himself couldn’t heal this guy.

You cannot reason a person out of something they were not reasoned into.

Ross stewart on 11:47 - Jul 27 with 2032 viewsSonicBoom

I get what you're saying nick but the fact remains he currently isn't fit enough to take part in regular pre season training. So he's on his own programme. Then he gets to the level where he can do pre season training, then a match.
So after all last season off, he is still weeks behind the others. I seriously doubt he'll be ready for the start of the season.
I don't really blame the club, it was a gamble and it backfired.
But so far his signing has been disastrous. We've paid him well no doubt, and got nothing back.
Are the club going to take another gamble and hope he gets fit or sign another striker.
We cannot afford to go to January without a striker.
On the positive side he could be fully fit in the next 6 weeks and we finally get to see if he's any good. Let's hope so.
Ross stewart on 12:35 - Jul 27 with 1971 viewsBLEEDRED

Ross stewart on 11:47 - Jul 27 by SonicBoom

I get what you're saying nick but the fact remains he currently isn't fit enough to take part in regular pre season training. So he's on his own programme. Then he gets to the level where he can do pre season training, then a match.
So after all last season off, he is still weeks behind the others. I seriously doubt he'll be ready for the start of the season.
I don't really blame the club, it was a gamble and it backfired.
But so far his signing has been disastrous. We've paid him well no doubt, and got nothing back.
Are the club going to take another gamble and hope he gets fit or sign another striker.
We cannot afford to go to January without a striker.
On the positive side he could be fully fit in the next 6 weeks and we finally get to see if he's any good. Let's hope so.

The club has a very good insurance policy on him and if he doesn't play and is forced to retire the club get £20mill
[Post edited 27 Jul 13:19]
Ross stewart on 14:09 - Jul 27 with 1927 viewssaintmark1976

Ross stewart on 12:35 - Jul 27 by BLEEDRED

The club has a very good insurance policy on him and if he doesn't play and is forced to retire the club get £20mill
[Post edited 27 Jul 13:19]

BLEEDRED, are you seriously suggesting that S F C would have been able to purchase insurance which would indemnify them to the tune of £20 million when it’s suggested they paid only £10 million for his services in the first place ?

Never mind that it was a known fact that Stewart was carrying an injury that precluded him from playing competitively when they first acquired his services.

Sounds extremely optimistic to me given that all insurers are in business to make money.

Perhaps you can elaborate further?

Ross stewart on 14:49 - Jul 27 with 1906 viewssledger

doubt theres any insurance as he failed his medical
Ross stewart on 15:20 - Jul 27 with 1871 viewssaint22

Ross stewart on 14:49 - Jul 27 by sledger

doubt theres any insurance as he failed his medical

the failing of his medical sort of raises a flag no?
FFS
Ross stewart on 16:20 - Jul 27 with 1827 viewsSaintandy66

Ross stewart on 15:20 - Jul 27 by saint22

the failing of his medical sort of raises a flag no?
FFS

I think I read somewhere he has only played 18 games in the last 3 seasons because of injury
Ross stewart on 16:24 - Jul 27 with 1815 viewsTripleNiemi

Ross stewart on 16:20 - Jul 27 by Saintandy66

I think I read somewhere he has only played 18 games in the last 3 seasons because of injury

My Mackem mate was well chuffed when we paid money for him. Said he’s a good player but sadly always injured
[Post edited 27 Jul 16:25]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Ross stewart on 18:34 - Jul 27 with 1716 viewsBLEEDRED

Ross stewart on 14:09 - Jul 27 by saintmark1976

BLEEDRED, are you seriously suggesting that S F C would have been able to purchase insurance which would indemnify them to the tune of £20 million when it’s suggested they paid only £10 million for his services in the first place ?

Never mind that it was a known fact that Stewart was carrying an injury that precluded him from playing competitively when they first acquired his services.

Sounds extremely optimistic to me given that all insurers are in business to make money.

Perhaps you can elaborate further?

Of course, I'm not being serious!! You can't insure something for more than you paid (it's called fraud!!) Oh, hang on!

Also, you can't insure something that is already broken/damaged beyond repair.
Ross stewart on 19:13 - Jul 27 with 1681 viewsarfurdent

Ross stewart on 17:32 - Jul 26 by yateleysaint

Jesus himself couldn’t heal this guy.

St John resurrected would be more use

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Ross stewart on 19:20 - Jul 27 with 1673 viewssaintmark1976

Ross stewart on 18:34 - Jul 27 by BLEEDRED

Of course, I'm not being serious!! You can't insure something for more than you paid (it's called fraud!!) Oh, hang on!

Also, you can't insure something that is already broken/damaged beyond repair.

Glad you cleared that up BLEEDRED. For one moment I thought you had made a serious contribution.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024