Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MESSAGE FOR NOAH / PHIL 15:50 - Jul 15 with 755 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Wondered if we might put on an experimental Layer Road film in the pavilion ( or external bar area ) as a back drop ( mute ) during The Beer Festival at Castle Park.

We have a first edit that lasts around 35 minutes that has never been viewed. It was shot at the final league match at Layer Road against Stoke City when we had BBC cameramen on board.

The format is on DVD.

There are also the out takes from 'Made in Colchester' via YouTube should this be of interest or all / any of the original production.

🦮🦮😊😊

PS. Also have film l acquired - Colchester United v Peterborough United from 1963 from Anglia Television / Match of the Week. Virtually no sound detectable. It features Bobby Hunt, Martyn King, Peter Wright etc.
[Post edited 15 Jul 16:00]
MESSAGE FOR NOAH / PHIL on 17:18 - Jul 15 with 718 viewsSparkfilmsTV

PS - We also have Colchester United v Chelmsford City / Southern League, March 1948 highlights which have only been viewed unedited and complete by Colchester United players and officials in a private cinema in 2008.

Some of this footage was included in 'Made in Colchester' and has been shared with Chelmsford City F.C. and ITN Sport.
MESSAGE FOR NOAH / PHIL on 07:11 - Jul 16 with 669 viewsnoah4x4

Sadly Ray, I think we have to be realistic. I can count the number of Col U fans regularly at the cricket club on the fingers of one hand, so I doubt if it will be of sufficient appeal to just “run it in the background”. Interest will rise when we consider likely public and local CAMRA guests. However, there is no escaping that 80%+ of visitors are likely to be Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham etc, or people more keen that we show broadcast cricket (such as the Essex One Day Cup fixture) and the regular CEECC live stream on the Saturday. It is , after all, a Cricket & Beer Festival, and not football focused.

However, if (say) 50 fans from this forum (or CUSA) committed to turn up for a particular session to view it, then I would be delighted to run it as a gesture towards them. But to be frank, I think it’s better suited to a football dedicated event. We could easily set aside a future evening in the Pavilion dedicated to its ‘film premier’ if you can assure 50+ drinking visitors to justify us employing bar staff etc. Sadly, the economics are inevitably a consideration and whilst we could probably waive a venue hire fee, we must still ensure we have enough bar revenue to cover our opening costs. Let’s talk to Jon Burns at CUSA at the forthcoming Open Day and see where that conversation leads? If backed by CUSA membership, then it might be feasible.
MESSAGE FOR NOAH / PHIL on 08:47 - Jul 16 with 653 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Fair enough Phil, l get all that - and very well expressed and explained.

Thanks for all the amazing work you do for Colchester & East Essex Cricket Club. Your involvement is essential!

UPDATE - Some of Sparkfilms TV work is viewable in Firstsite in Colchester ( Liquid Honey ) and they are interested in the Layer Road footage for its social history content so we might be projecting it onto the curved walls in the reception area at some stage.

🦮🦮😊😊
[Post edited 16 Jul 15:02]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024