Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes 09:43 - Apr 28 with 68314 viewswessex_exile

As suggested on the matchday thread, let’s kick off the traditional summer transfer speculation. I’ll start with our current loanees. I doubt Palace would release Owen Goodman, and if they did, would we want him or even be able to afford him? Of the rest, I’d definitely like to see Alastair Smith and maybe Riley Harbottle sign if they were released. As for the rest, they’ll be heading back to make room for new choices.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:54 - Aug 8 with 2512 viewsRSCOSWORTH

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 20:07 - Aug 7 by gerry_us

We must have about enough for Saturday now; not that I will recognise any of them, apart from the manger obviously.
But "Hey Ho"; let's hope for an improvement on last season...please.

Of the team that started the opening league game of 2023/24 season there are only three players left in the current squad:

Iandolo
Read
Hopper

Of the team that started the closing league game of the 2023/24 season there are only four players left in the current squad:

Iandolo
Read
Hopper
Kelleher

It really has been a summer of change.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 11:06 - Aug 8 with 2494 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I don't believe Conor Wilkinson has figured in a single pre-season game and hasn't been mentioned at any point. Surely he must be on his way. He was even highlighted in red on the kitman's list!

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 11:39 - Aug 8 with 2466 viewsTheOldOakTree

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:54 - Aug 8 by RSCOSWORTH

Of the team that started the opening league game of 2023/24 season there are only three players left in the current squad:

Iandolo
Read
Hopper

Of the team that started the closing league game of the 2023/24 season there are only four players left in the current squad:

Iandolo
Read
Hopper
Kelleher

It really has been a summer of change.

Worryingly, I'm starting to feel quite positive about the coming season.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 12:07 - Aug 8 with 2443 viewsdurham_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 11:39 - Aug 8 by TheOldOakTree

Worryingly, I'm starting to feel quite positive about the coming season.

TOOT
That's the spirit
The top seven is calling.
Up the U's

Durham_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 12:30 - Aug 8 with 2427 viewsTheOldOakTree

I’ve got no involvement with these guys, but…..

Talking of the new season, I’ve just has an email from Footballgroundmap.com to say the new seasons ’92 clubs’ map in now available. I buy one each year, they’re good quality, quite big and come in a sturdy tube (or folded if cost is an issue). I hang it on the wall next to my ‘puter and dream that one day I will finally finish the ‘92’. There’s some info on each ground at the bottom.

They also do a European one which won’t be troubling us in the near future!
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:03 - Aug 8 with 2337 viewsburnsieespana

Article in Gazette indicates we are trying g to move Conor Wilkinson on and DC is attributed to saying thi gs are getting close.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 18:31 - Aug 8 with 2281 viewswessex_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:03 - Aug 8 by burnsieespana

Article in Gazette indicates we are trying g to move Conor Wilkinson on and DC is attributed to saying thi gs are getting close.

A poster on the OMB reckoned he saw Conor leaving the Open Day early, and apparently not in a very happy frame of mind.

Up the U's

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 00:14 - Aug 9 with 2200 viewsRSCOSWORTH

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 18:31 - Aug 8 by wessex_exile

A poster on the OMB reckoned he saw Conor leaving the Open Day early, and apparently not in a very happy frame of mind.

Probably because they told him not to bother joining in the team photo!

Login to get fewer ads

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 07:55 - Aug 9 with 2133 viewsTheOldOakTree

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 00:14 - Aug 9 by RSCOSWORTH

Probably because they told him not to bother joining in the team photo!

Is that Samson in the team photo at the far end? He's not listed on the website under 'First Team' (nor is Conor)?

First I thought it's because he will appear in the U21 list when it appears, but Terry is only 20 and he's listed as first team?

Maybe Samson nutted the photographer when he wanted a close up.
[Post edited 9 Aug 8:09]
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:12 - Aug 9 with 2103 viewswessex_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 07:55 - Aug 9 by TheOldOakTree

Is that Samson in the team photo at the far end? He's not listed on the website under 'First Team' (nor is Conor)?

First I thought it's because he will appear in the U21 list when it appears, but Terry is only 20 and he's listed as first team?

Maybe Samson nutted the photographer when he wanted a close up.
[Post edited 9 Aug 8:09]

Hopefully a clerical oversight, considering he’s been given the no. 9 shirt? Conor’s got shirt number 29, so maybe a faint hope he’ll be staying?

Up the U's

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:33 - Aug 9 with 2091 viewsgerry_us

I'll be intrigued to see Durham's take on team selection when he post's his match preview. I expect even the boss doesn't know his team yet.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:43 - Aug 9 with 2086 viewsburnsieespana

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:33 - Aug 9 by gerry_us

I'll be intrigued to see Durham's take on team selection when he post's his match preview. I expect even the boss doesn't know his team yet.

Was thinking much the same gerry
A out only two you can be sure of is Macey and Flanagan as capt!
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 11:55 - Aug 9 with 2045 viewsRSCOSWORTH

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:12 - Aug 9 by wessex_exile

Hopefully a clerical oversight, considering he’s been given the no. 9 shirt? Conor’s got shirt number 29, so maybe a faint hope he’ll be staying?

The kitman had Wilkinson as number 29 as well but was highlighted in red. No other number or player had this. I would be very surprised if there's a Wilkinson 29 shirt printed and ready to go.

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 12:01 - Aug 9 with 2043 viewsRSCOSWORTH

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:43 - Aug 9 by burnsieespana

Was thinking much the same gerry
A out only two you can be sure of is Macey and Flanagan as capt!

I'll give it a go:

Matt Macey
Ellis Iandolo  
Ben Goodliffe
Tom Flanagan
Rob Hunt
Harry Anderson
Arthur Read  
Jack Payne
John-Kymani Gordon
Tom Hopper  
Lyle Taylor

Although I'm not sure Anderson is fit and whether Taylor is ready to start. Also the team is probably a bit too attacking for the first match of the season. I'd like Woodyard to start but the fact he played against Chelsea U21's makes me think he won't.

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 19:54 - Aug 9 with 1900 viewsdurham_exile

Harry Pell out for much of the season with an ACL injury.
Very unlucky, sustained in a pre season game for Cheltenham.
Hope he recovers before the end of the season.

Durham_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:20 - Aug 10 with 1829 viewswessex_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 19:54 - Aug 9 by durham_exile

Harry Pell out for much of the season with an ACL injury.
Very unlucky, sustained in a pre season game for Cheltenham.
Hope he recovers before the end of the season.

That is sad news - like you say Durham, hope he makes a swift recovery.

Up the U's

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 11:05 - Aug 10 with 1822 viewsburnsieespana

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:20 - Aug 10 by wessex_exile

That is sad news - like you say Durham, hope he makes a swift recovery.

An awful injury at his stage in his career.
Hope he makes a full recovery.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 14:37 - Aug 12 with 1624 viewsburnsieespana

Looks like Wilkinson is having for Walsall.
Sorry Matt Jay not given a chance but so.ething must be wrong as 3 Managers haven't fancied him.
In Gazette DC talks about need for one or two more but unlikely unless we can move acouple on
See U21's had several trialists in Saturdays game so wonder if they are youngsters?
Age of our squad does worry me and before season starts we have roughly 5 out injured or only just fit to play.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 08:09 - Aug 13 with 1506 viewsdurham_exile

Luton lost 4-1 to Burnley last night but of more interest to Taylor watchers is that he was an unused sub.

Rumours are that the Terriers want him.

Unless a decision is made soon I envisage a waste of this talented young footballer.

Durham_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 11:37 - Aug 13 with 1482 viewsburnsieespana

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 08:09 - Aug 13 by durham_exile

Luton lost 4-1 to Burnley last night but of more interest to Taylor watchers is that he was an unused sub.

Rumours are that the Terriers want him.

Unless a decision is made soon I envisage a waste of this talented young footballer.

My friend an avid LTFC supporter was very downcast last might after the game.
Durham, Taylor like all strilers needs to.plsy regularly.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 11:16 - Aug 15 with 1273 viewsburnsieespana

Connor Wilkinson Departs with contract terminated by mutual consent.
Seems like an awful waste of money because did we not pay a fee for him?

Will Matt Jay be next?
[Post edited 15 Aug 11:20]
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:03 - Aug 15 with 1175 viewsCrashBandicoot

It is a shame but he never really showed enough form to be a regular forst team player. Perhaps the Cowleys are planning to bring in another new striker to partner Lyle Taylor up front? As for jay he really does need to rediscover his old form if he is to push for a first team place, if not then we'll likely be aiming to replace him as well though I feel he needs a proper crack at it.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 18:25 - Aug 16 with 972 viewsMarkyMark47

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 21:35 - Jul 31 by ghughes11

Undisclosed fee apparently - not sure how that works - I thought SPL have different compensation rules? Wasn't that what happened with Drey Wright?

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2024/july/31/chilvers-departs-for-spl/

I thought Chilvers was out of contract? So what's the "undisclosed fee"? Agents fee?
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 19:06 - Aug 16 with 943 viewswessex_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 18:25 - Aug 16 by MarkyMark47

I thought Chilvers was out of contract? So what's the "undisclosed fee"? Agents fee?

I assume it relates to the development fee (or whatever it's called) because Noah was under 24 and had come through our academy system.

Up the U's

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:28 - Aug 27 with 583 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Aaron Donnelly is the latest rumour.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/24543156.colchester-target-nottingham-forest

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024