Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses 20:17 - Apr 21 with 5535 viewsThaiHoop

So I wrote something on a Facebook group (I know I know!) saying why I thought Ferdinand should go - mainly based on my thoughts that letting MW go was a bad decision and that our recruitment has been poor.

I received this reply from someone.....

"MW wage demand was unacceptable that was one of the reasons which ignited the touch paper. In January 2022 we were flagging and injuries were becoming an issue. MW was told on many occasions to freshen up the squad with the fringe players, he was reluctant to do so and kept the same retiric going at each interview when asked the question on players he would keep saying' the 17 that got use here should keep playing. Les told him we need a forward which the reply was No, get me another Number 10. Les has become a scapegoat for the incompetence of the owners who just don't care about the club enough to invest. Please don't tell me they are putting in 2.5 million a month, that's total spin"

Would love to know people's thoughts on this!

(Personally I think it doesn't change the fact that letting MW go was wrong and I don't see how the owners can invest more without breaking ffp rules.......as for the money being put in being "total spin", no idea what he means!)
Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 14:52 - Apr 22 with 733 viewsThaiHoop

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 13:15 - Apr 22 by Match82

It's a bit "Redknapp" though isn't it?

Fair point mate (shudders at the thought!)
Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 15:05 - Apr 22 with 698 viewsbaz_qpr

I maintain it was the right decision at the time as was the appointment of Beale. It was the recruitment and player turnover in the summer and subsequent managerial selections that have got us to where we are today
Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 16:15 - Apr 22 with 609 viewsParkRoyalR

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 15:05 - Apr 22 by baz_qpr

I maintain it was the right decision at the time as was the appointment of Beale. It was the recruitment and player turnover in the summer and subsequent managerial selections that have got us to where we are today

I disagree Baz,

We were making steady progress in the right direction bar a few blips (eg if Bonne acquisition had worked out, we would never have gone for Gray or Austin which were pivotal and catalysts for Warburtons sacking imo),

The owners backed Warburton for the Play-Offs and it didnt come off, fine, if he was worth backing then, he was worth giving more time in my logic,

I still believe Simon Jordan (of all people) nailed it when he said Warburton was a victim of his own success (in how the club was improving) and changing Manager, with our complete lack of infrastructure, was a risk we didnt need to take.

From a reliable source I heard Day 1 Beale made it clear that he likewise did'nt believe the Academy players were good enough to join the 1st Team Squad, so we sacked one Manager for this opinion and replaced him with another who had the same opinion!

If Beale was at logger-heads with Les and the Academy Heads from Day 1, you can easily see why he might be tempted away, Glasgow Rangers or not.
Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 17:23 - Apr 22 with 592 viewsbaz_qpr

In any organisation if you have a toxic relationship between employees you have to move some of then on, the collapse, and the natural break / renegotiation of the contract. Options remove half the youth coaching staff or let one mans contract run out and replace at a natural time to do so.

Beale was the best available to us at the time, no one knew how he would behave but we were making progress

Long term. decisions to buy players with injury issues, not cashing in on Willock or Chair in the summer and reinvesting striker recruitment and then the selection of a manager who had previously failed as a coach following Beale and then Aisnworth who despite today, is the wrong manager for this club is IMHO why we are where we are today
Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 17:26 - Apr 22 with 567 viewsE15Hoop

Ferdinand, Warburton and the monthly losses on 17:23 - Apr 22 by baz_qpr

In any organisation if you have a toxic relationship between employees you have to move some of then on, the collapse, and the natural break / renegotiation of the contract. Options remove half the youth coaching staff or let one mans contract run out and replace at a natural time to do so.

Beale was the best available to us at the time, no one knew how he would behave but we were making progress

Long term. decisions to buy players with injury issues, not cashing in on Willock or Chair in the summer and reinvesting striker recruitment and then the selection of a manager who had previously failed as a coach following Beale and then Aisnworth who despite today, is the wrong manager for this club is IMHO why we are where we are today

Why is Ainsworth the wrong manager for this club? he cares, and he knows how to maximise meagre resources.
STILL people on this site seem to think we're entitled to think of ourselves as bigger and better than we really are.
We have the fifth smallest aavailable playing budget for this division, and we're now 6th from bottom. In other words, we're basically exactly where you would expect us to be.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024