Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Getting out of hand. 20:06 - Feb 28 with 3712 viewskrunchykarrot

Travelling from the stadium on bypass towards Llansamlet looks like a third world country with the ammount of litter discarded. The council should be ashamed that visitors are seeing this on approach. Is it me that thinks there seems to be litter and dog mess getting out of control. Even the Marina the other day was grubby, cant we get our overflowing prisons doing community work?
Getting out of hand. on 16:50 - Mar 3 with 621 viewsBoundy

Getting out of hand. on 13:08 - Mar 3 by Gwyn737

I'm always perplexed when I come back to Swansa and see how complicated the refuse and recycling system is.

Down with us, we've all got 2 wheelie bins that are collected on alternate weeks - 1 week refuse, next week recycling.

Seemingly you can put most eligable things in the recyling bin - glass, plastic, all paper based stuff, cardboard.

Whenever I see friends in Swansea preparing for bin day, it looks like something off The Crystal Maze.

I don't know if its the same now but Llanelli's system was all recyclable items went out together with no mixing , to me everything we do in Swansea is to make the councils job easier , my council tax still goes up every year with no apparent improvement in services provided .Their mainantence policy is a shambles , the amount of infrustucture such as the railings down Mumbles or in front of county hall which is left to rot instead of being painted beggars belief .

Rant over

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Getting out of hand. on 17:55 - Mar 3 with 600 viewskrunchykarrot

Getting out of hand. on 16:50 - Mar 3 by Boundy

I don't know if its the same now but Llanelli's system was all recyclable items went out together with no mixing , to me everything we do in Swansea is to make the councils job easier , my council tax still goes up every year with no apparent improvement in services provided .Their mainantence policy is a shambles , the amount of infrustucture such as the railings down Mumbles or in front of county hall which is left to rot instead of being painted beggars belief .

Rant over

Not a rant Boundy just pride in our City and Towns, its a shame our authorities dont agree. By the way they have started replacing the raillings down by Verdi's with Stainless ones I assume these will run alongside our new prom being built back towards town. Im not holding up much hope mind you.
Getting out of hand. on 18:45 - Mar 3 with 580 viewsBoundy

Getting out of hand. on 17:55 - Mar 3 by krunchykarrot

Not a rant Boundy just pride in our City and Towns, its a shame our authorities dont agree. By the way they have started replacing the raillings down by Verdi's with Stainless ones I assume these will run alongside our new prom being built back towards town. Im not holding up much hope mind you.

Regarding the rubbish it's a pity that a minority spoil it for everyone else , I couldn't in all conscious drop a piece of liter let alone empty McDonalds cartons etc and my kids and their kids are the same ,well I hope & believe so .
The council have spent vast amounts over the years to improve the aesthetics of Swansea but appear to have an attitude of once its been installed thats a job done until it needs replacing . Maybe what you're saying about the railings by Verdis is a result of forward thinking and that's why the bluish cast railings haven't seen a coat of paint for years

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Getting out of hand. on 19:22 - Mar 3 with 570 viewskrunchykarrot

Getting out of hand. on 18:45 - Mar 3 by Boundy

Regarding the rubbish it's a pity that a minority spoil it for everyone else , I couldn't in all conscious drop a piece of liter let alone empty McDonalds cartons etc and my kids and their kids are the same ,well I hope & believe so .
The council have spent vast amounts over the years to improve the aesthetics of Swansea but appear to have an attitude of once its been installed thats a job done until it needs replacing . Maybe what you're saying about the railings by Verdis is a result of forward thinking and that's why the bluish cast railings haven't seen a coat of paint for years

Hope there is some forward looking policies to repair the eysore vandalism of previous years such as Sainsburies Tesco and the best of all the council offices etc. I personally like our new sugar puff bridge and new concert venue, but seriously what were they thinking with that multi-coloured monstrosity opposite??

Still think mono rail from Amazon to Mumbles is a good idea instead of zip wires or aquariums?
Getting out of hand. on 19:36 - Mar 3 with 557 viewsmax936

Getting out of hand. on 19:22 - Mar 3 by krunchykarrot

Hope there is some forward looking policies to repair the eysore vandalism of previous years such as Sainsburies Tesco and the best of all the council offices etc. I personally like our new sugar puff bridge and new concert venue, but seriously what were they thinking with that multi-coloured monstrosity opposite??

Still think mono rail from Amazon to Mumbles is a good idea instead of zip wires or aquariums?

Would love to see a Mono Rail, the Aquarium is also a decent idea for me, I agree 100% with your opinion of the positioning of Sainsbury's right at the entrance into Swansea it was a brainless decision as was Tesco less than half a mile further on and then that massive lump of concrete built on the whim or some self-righteous gimp of a Councillor.

That bridge is an abomination though, its never gonna grow on me.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2023 19:38]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Getting out of hand. on 19:53 - Mar 3 with 548 viewskrunchykarrot

Getting out of hand. on 19:36 - Mar 3 by max936

Would love to see a Mono Rail, the Aquarium is also a decent idea for me, I agree 100% with your opinion of the positioning of Sainsbury's right at the entrance into Swansea it was a brainless decision as was Tesco less than half a mile further on and then that massive lump of concrete built on the whim or some self-righteous gimp of a Councillor.

That bridge is an abomination though, its never gonna grow on me.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2023 19:38]

The bridge is a marmite thing i agree, am i correct in thinking the Tesco building won awards for design? Then they found out that they had created a fridge in winter and everything melted in Summer?

On a positive note the new University looks good from land sea or air, so whomever designed that is a keeper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024