Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roast Beef 21:26 - Feb 19 with 2590 viewsOldPedro

Following on from the thread on Roast Potatoes, any suggestions for the best way to cook a nice joint of roast beef? Cuts, cooking method, any added ingredients etc?

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Roast Beef on 21:28 - Feb 19 with 2571 viewsted_hendrix

Sorry mate but this has made me literally laugh out loud.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Roast Beef on 21:37 - Feb 19 with 2536 viewsMick_S

Put it in the oven, f uck the veg over, put the parsnips where the carrots should be, take them all out too early, put them back in again, blame your wife/partner director of the kitchen, have a pissy carlsberg, practice throw ins with the spuds and put your hands on your hips and look around like it’s not your fault.

You’ll be a Ranger, my son.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Roast Beef on 21:41 - Feb 19 with 2522 viewsPunteR

Roast Beef on 21:37 - Feb 19 by Mick_S

Put it in the oven, f uck the veg over, put the parsnips where the carrots should be, take them all out too early, put them back in again, blame your wife/partner director of the kitchen, have a pissy carlsberg, practice throw ins with the spuds and put your hands on your hips and look around like it’s not your fault.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Roast Beef on 21:59 - Feb 19 with 2438 viewsDamo1962

Roast Beef on 21:37 - Feb 19 by Mick_S

Inspired fella 😂
Roast Beef on 22:04 - Feb 19 with 2434 viewscolinallcars

Better with my fav vegetable turnips but turnips are bloody hard to get these days for some unknown reason.
Roast Beef on 22:09 - Feb 19 with 2426 viewsA40Bosh

Cut? Whatever feeds 4-6 for dinner that costs less than fifteen quid currently
Wash joint and pat dry. Loads of ground black pepper over the joint. Place on a bed of sliced red onion and squashed garlic cloves. Add veg stock cube to 250ml of hot water and pour in to bottom of roasting pan, add 250ml of red wine, salt and pepper.

Roast at 220 for 30 mins then cover in tin foil, reduce temp to 180 and cook for rest of time, but remove foil for last 20 mins. Remove and let it rest for 10 mins

This is all I am able to contribute to this forum this week

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Roast Beef on 22:49 - Feb 19 with 2373 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Cannot recommend Picanha (top cap) enough.

We don’t really use that cut traditionally here and it’s supposed to be for barbecues but it’s produced the best roasts I’ve ever made recently.

I’ve tried to cut down on meat in general because I’m a virtue signalling bastard, but this is what I treat myself too.

Available in many of the new Brazilian butchers that are popping up over London but I recommend Roots in Finsbury Park if anyone is local there.

https://www.farmison.com/community/recipe/how-to-cook-beef-picanha-joint
Roast Beef on 23:22 - Feb 19 with 2306 viewsjohann28

Ah now. One of the delights of life is the roast beef of old England, served with meaty gravy, crisp Yorkshire pudding and crunchy roast potatoes. Not only one is it of the world's greatest meals, it is one of those rare things that the British do better than anyone else. The cut of beef for roasting is of great importance — I would go for a sirloin joint on the bone with the fillet still in it, but the next best cut is the wing end of the sirloin, otherwise known as rib of beef. Beef on the bone is great as the bone acts as a conductor of heat and gives the roast extra flavour. Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 9, 475°F (240°C).

A layer of fat on the beef provides not only basting juices to keep the joint moist and succulent, but you can choose to eat it if you so wish. To make the fat extra crusty during cooking, dust the fat surface of the beef with 1 level dessertspoon of plain flour then season with salt and pepper.

Place the joint in a roasting tin on top of 2 small halves of onion. The onion will caramelise as the beef cooks and give a lovely flavour and colour to the gravy. Now place the meat on a tray just above the centre of the oven. Give it 20 minutes' cooking at the initial temperature; after that turn the heat down to gas mark 5, 375°F (190°C) and cook it for 15 minutes to the pound (450 g) — this will give you rare beef. Add 15 minutes to the total cooking time for medium rare and 30 minutes for well done (if you've got guests who like it rare/medium and just one who likes it well done, you can also give it a blast in the microwave). While the beef is cooking, lift it out of the oven from time to time, tilt the tin and baste the meat really well with its own juices. Serve with Yorkshire pudding, gravy, seasonal vegetables and creamed horseradish. Awesome.
Login to get fewer ads

Roast Beef on 23:27 - Feb 19 with 2293 viewsBoston

Roast Beef on 23:22 - Feb 19 by johann28

Ah now. One of the delights of life is the roast beef of old England, served with meaty gravy, crisp Yorkshire pudding and crunchy roast potatoes. Not only one is it of the world's greatest meals, it is one of those rare things that the British do better than anyone else. The cut of beef for roasting is of great importance — I would go for a sirloin joint on the bone with the fillet still in it, but the next best cut is the wing end of the sirloin, otherwise known as rib of beef. Beef on the bone is great as the bone acts as a conductor of heat and gives the roast extra flavour. Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 9, 475°F (240°C).

A layer of fat on the beef provides not only basting juices to keep the joint moist and succulent, but you can choose to eat it if you so wish. To make the fat extra crusty during cooking, dust the fat surface of the beef with 1 level dessertspoon of plain flour then season with salt and pepper.

Place the joint in a roasting tin on top of 2 small halves of onion. The onion will caramelise as the beef cooks and give a lovely flavour and colour to the gravy. Now place the meat on a tray just above the centre of the oven. Give it 20 minutes' cooking at the initial temperature; after that turn the heat down to gas mark 5, 375°F (190°C) and cook it for 15 minutes to the pound (450 g) — this will give you rare beef. Add 15 minutes to the total cooking time for medium rare and 30 minutes for well done (if you've got guests who like it rare/medium and just one who likes it well done, you can also give it a blast in the microwave). While the beef is cooking, lift it out of the oven from time to time, tilt the tin and baste the meat really well with its own juices. Serve with Yorkshire pudding, gravy, seasonal vegetables and creamed horseradish. Awesome.

I'll see you Sunday afternoon squire.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024