Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 11:23 - Feb 19 with 17478 viewsNotLoyal

Two managers desperate for something, desperate for wins to ensure they keep their teams in a safer place other than an unsafe place. It could be a better place but probably not because an ‘unbetter’ place isn’t a word. Actually it is.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59659/swansea-city-and-t
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59664/cooper-must-start-
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59667/where-does-russell

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Nathan Wood, Ben Cabango, Harry Darling; Matty Sorinola, Joe Allen, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Ollie Cooper, Morgan Whittaker; Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Andreas Søndergaard, Olivier Ntcham, Liam Cullen, Joel Latibeaudiere, Kyle Naughton, Liam Walsh, Cameron Congreve.

Stoke City: Matija Sarkic, Morgan Fox, Jacob Brown, Tyrese Campbell, Dwight Gayle, Ben Wilmot, Ki-Jana Hoever, Will Smallbone, Dujon Sterling, Ben Pearson, Josh Laurent (captain).

Substitutes: Jack Bonham, Lewis Baker, Jordan Thompson, Connor Taylor, Nathan Lowe, Kahrel Reddin, Gabriel Adebambo.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:43 - Feb 21 with 1591 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Oddly we are still in 12th place.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:43 - Feb 21 with 1589 viewsLuther27

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:40 - Feb 21 by max936

He's got to go now surely 3-1 down now, Martin go back to MKD's, Brighton or Norwich whichever but please just go.

I'm really not sure we got the players here mind, I just don't see it, they're actually getting worse
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 21:42]

I think moral has collapsed since the January window Max. It’s going to be a haul to the end of the season.
I’m no fan of RM so I’m a bit biased on tonight’s result…..but he’s pissed on his chips I think.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:44 - Feb 21 with 1554 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Calling it now. We are going down.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:45 - Feb 21 with 1543 viewscadleigh

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:15 - Feb 21 by cadleigh

Saying nothing til the final whistle. This is the sort of game we are quite capable of winning 3-2 if we snatch an equaliser, and suddenly the heat will be off RM again. Mind you, we’ll be lucky to last with XI players on the pitch at this rate.

Or not….

Dreading his post-match press conference, I’ll be throwing stuff at the computer like that bloke when the Sex Pistols were on TV

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:45 - Feb 21 with 1526 viewsScotia

After this he should be sacked. No more excuses. He's crap, always has been and always will be.

I doubt he will be sacked, it's too expensive. Will he have the balls to admit he's got it wrong and resign?

No, I don't think he will.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:46 - Feb 21 with 1483 viewsBryanSwan

3 wins in the last 15 games. (And one of them was Blackpool which wasn't exactly convincing).

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:46 - Feb 21 with 1480 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:14 - Feb 21 by Treforys_Jack

Natives getting restless

Quietest I’ve ever heard the ground. Apathy rules.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:46 - Feb 21 with 1480 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:45 - Feb 21 by cadleigh

Or not….

Dreading his post-match press conference, I’ll be throwing stuff at the computer like that bloke when the Sex Pistols were on TV

Well don't watch it then, i have never watched any of our managers press conferences.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:47 - Feb 21 with 1462 viewsLuther27

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:45 - Feb 21 by Scotia

After this he should be sacked. No more excuses. He's crap, always has been and always will be.

I doubt he will be sacked, it's too expensive. Will he have the balls to admit he's got it wrong and resign?

Not until his agent finds another job for him to walk into.
Trying to remember if he was our third or fourth choice manager?

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:48 - Feb 21 with 1442 viewsTenbySwan

Where do you begin after that !
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:49 - Feb 21 with 1418 viewsswan65split

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:44 - Feb 21 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Calling it now. We are going down.

If hes not gone in the next few days, we could be in a relegation scramble thats for sure, some teams will see how weve improved over the 18 months as a motive to give it a go.

Absolutely horrendous
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:50 - Feb 21 with 1378 viewscadleigh

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:46 - Feb 21 by Fireboy2

Well don't watch it then, i have never watched any of our managers press conferences.

Me neither. Not starting now for sure.

It, will, however, be devoured by the dwindling band of apologists who will blame everyone but the manager, who can do no wrong in their eyes.

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:50 - Feb 21 with 1374 viewsFireboy2

He can't be sacked because the yanks are tightwads and don't give a f@ck, I haven't felt this negative about the swans for a long time, the yanks won't sack him or back him, I am very worried about my beloved swans that I am thinking about not watching whilst both manager and owners are at my club, I feel that bad.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:50 - Feb 21 with 1372 viewsshingle

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:40 - Feb 21 by max936

He's got to go now surely 3-1 down now, Martin go back to MKD's, Brighton or Norwich whichever but please just go.

I'm really not sure we got the players here mind, I just don't see it, they're actually getting worse
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 21:42]

Russell Martins BARMY ARMY, glad to say I never once chanted that load of bollocks.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:50 - Feb 21 with 1367 viewsScotia

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:48 - Feb 21 by TenbySwan

Where do you begin after that !

And Fisher for the last goal.

FFS, we've got little money, but we needed to spend it on him.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:52 - Feb 21 with 1308 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Refused to play Whittaker until this evening, subbed his star signing after 30 minutes and lost again to a beatable team and concedes a late goal again. Martin has to go, we are sleep walking to relagation.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:54 - Feb 21 with 1270 viewsunion_jack

There’ll be a call to Winter tonight from across the pond. He’ll be asked if we are in danger of going down. He’ll probably say things aren’t good but it’s very unlikely. They’ll say that Martin stays.

They won’t want to part with money needlessly (in their minds at least) so they’ll bank in staying up and everything will be reset in August. If things start off like they are now then maybe they’ll take action. Every day he’s here, the compensation is less.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:55 - Feb 21 with 1252 viewscadleigh

Next time anyone sings “Here’s to you Russell Martin, Swansea loves you more than you will know” can we please remind them that the final verse goes
“ Laugh about it, shout about it
When you've got to choose
Every way you look at this, you lose”

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:55 - Feb 21 with 1248 viewstheloneranger

Laurent hadn't scored a league goal for Stoke before tonight - but voila, he scores 2 tonight.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:56 - Feb 21 with 1243 viewsswan65split

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:50 - Feb 21 by Fireboy2

He can't be sacked because the yanks are tightwads and don't give a f@ck, I haven't felt this negative about the swans for a long time, the yanks won't sack him or back him, I am very worried about my beloved swans that I am thinking about not watching whilst both manager and owners are at my club, I feel that bad.

I had a similar convo with my mate last night, and hes a scummer!!!

Its not looking good in my eyes.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:02 - Feb 21 with 1140 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:54 - Feb 21 by union_jack

There’ll be a call to Winter tonight from across the pond. He’ll be asked if we are in danger of going down. He’ll probably say things aren’t good but it’s very unlikely. They’ll say that Martin stays.

They won’t want to part with money needlessly (in their minds at least) so they’ll bank in staying up and everything will be reset in August. If things start off like they are now then maybe they’ll take action. Every day he’s here, the compensation is less.

Good point well made.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:02 - Feb 21 with 1137 viewsPlankton

I think that's the worst I've seen so far this season.
When Stoke attacks broke down, we are so slow to get up the pitch.
Once we so, they have regrouped and defend us easily.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:02 - Feb 21 with 1129 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:50 - Feb 21 by Fireboy2

Just because something rhymes, it doesn’t mean it’s correct and should be repeated.

This “sack him or back him” nonsense is getting very tiresome.

They fact they haven’t sacked him despite 18 months of dross and spent a record amount in the last 18 months at this level shows, largely on bringing in players he demanded from his old club - they are very much backing him.

Funny thing is, if they sacked him - they would be criticised for that too, unless they had an immediate replacement.

And no doubt whenever gets appointed will be labelled “the cheap option” or something equally brainless.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:05 - Feb 21 with 1110 viewsunion_jack

There were a few noticeable things tonight.

We have no pace in the side and linked to that, no one who can beat a man one on one. So every time we go down the flanks with Sorinola or Manning then they have to stop and face back looking for a pass into midfield. All impetus lost.

Defensively we are not a unit nor do we have anyone commanding the area to get a ball away.

Our winning of the second ball is poor and more so tonight than ever.

The players we have are not quick enough in thought or deed to play this system. On most occasions tonight we lost the ball playing the Martin way either by being dispossessed, making a bad pass or booting it away. There was one exception but that’s not a good enough stat.

Grimes - why is he Captain???

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:08 - Feb 21 with 1082 viewsraynor94

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:54 - Feb 21 by union_jack

I can't see how anybody can blame the owners for that debacle tonight.

How many more lives has Martin left?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024