Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well Done Australia 21:47 - Jan 5 with 42620 viewsDWQPR

Cancelling the visa for the arrogant anti-Vaxer Djorkovic. Never liked the bloke. Let’s hope other countries follow suit.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Well Done Australia on 13:55 - Jan 10 with 3168 viewsSonofpugwash

Hilarious to see all the glum faces on the BBC News today.
All the contractary articles in the press today makes the whole "pandemic" phenomenon look like a slow motion train wreck.May be something to do with a Federal court in Texas has ordered Pfizer to release the data documents over the next eight months rather than 75 years.They are sh*tting themselves over there and shares are down.
It's all falling apart.
Get the beers and the Bombay Mix in - it's going to be a very interesting 2022.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Well Done Australia on 14:04 - Jan 10 with 3168 viewsQPR_Jim

Well Done Australia on 05:59 - Jan 9 by The_Beast1976

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-59840524

"The new data confirms that two doses of the AstraZeneca, Pfizer or Moderna vaccines offers little protection against being infected with Omicron." On that basis, why all the fuss about the 'unvaccinated'? They're no more or less likely to cause you harm than the 'vaccinated'. It makes no sense whatsoever, much like restrictions and covid passports based on 'vaccination' status.....

I also read in various places, including the BBC website, in December that effectiveness of the booster at preventing acquisition and transmission falls by about 80% after 8 weeks. I'm not making it up, because that would just be silly. I'll try finding it again a bit later.

In any event, the news coming out from various sources this morning seems to be encouraging and makes all this a moot point because we could be seeing the end of mass vaccination, testing and isolation within the next few months. It's needless even now IMO, never mind in a few months

EDIT - Found one of the articles "The study also shows the jab's ability to stop people catching Omicron starts to wane 10 weeks after a booster dose....by between 15% and 25% after 10 weeks". It's 10 weeks, and up to 25% - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59769969

My mistake on 8 weeks and 80%, but presumably it continues to drop off after 10 weeks. In any event event, this will become an irrelevance if the news this morning has any truth in it....
[Post edited 9 Jan 2022 6:21]

Thanks for the info, I probably wasn't searching for the right key words, the data is quite buried.

They seem to suggest that the booster gives you 88% protection against hospitalisation then that protection reduces 25% to I assume 70% protection at 10 weeks. I think it also mentions that after 26 weeks double vaccinated protection is at 52%, so it seems to be following a similar drop off.

From what I can tell the main difference between vaccinated and unvaccinated is the viral load. As you and others have pointed out you can catch it whether vaccinated or not. However if you are vaccinated your body immediately starts to fight it which helps to prevent you getting it so bad that you're hospitalised. It also stands to reason that if you're fighting it from the start rather than incubating while it multiplies, you'll have less of the virus in your system to spread than the equivalent non-vaccinated person. So it seems logical to me that it can help reduce transmission amongst the population.
Well Done Australia on 14:12 - Jan 10 with 3143 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Well Done Australia on 14:04 - Jan 10 by QPR_Jim

Thanks for the info, I probably wasn't searching for the right key words, the data is quite buried.

They seem to suggest that the booster gives you 88% protection against hospitalisation then that protection reduces 25% to I assume 70% protection at 10 weeks. I think it also mentions that after 26 weeks double vaccinated protection is at 52%, so it seems to be following a similar drop off.

From what I can tell the main difference between vaccinated and unvaccinated is the viral load. As you and others have pointed out you can catch it whether vaccinated or not. However if you are vaccinated your body immediately starts to fight it which helps to prevent you getting it so bad that you're hospitalised. It also stands to reason that if you're fighting it from the start rather than incubating while it multiplies, you'll have less of the virus in your system to spread than the equivalent non-vaccinated person. So it seems logical to me that it can help reduce transmission amongst the population.

I think it takes about 2 weeks to take full effect too. I caught Covid about 10 days after my 2nd jab in the summer and that’s what I was told anyway. So 6 weeks of full protection sounds about right

I had my booster last week so lying low for a bit (apart from the football) then looking forward to a 6 week jolly up

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Well Done Australia on 14:12 - Jan 10 with 3138 viewswood_hoop

This gets funnier by the day

Well Done Australia on 14:26 - Jan 10 with 3088 viewsJuzzie

Seems like this is now becoming more about Australia's own politics than covid itself.

Crazy situation.
Well Done Australia on 14:32 - Jan 10 with 3055 viewsJuzzie

Well Done Australia on 14:12 - Jan 10 by wood_hoop

This gets funnier by the day

Farage is currently with the Djokovic family and is congratulating Novak on being allowed in.

I thought he was against foreigners coming into people's countries?!
Well Done Australia on 14:42 - Jan 10 with 3026 viewsNorthernr

Oh God, please guys, come on, not Farage and Gbeebies.
Well Done Australia on 14:58 - Jan 10 with 2941 viewsSonofpugwash

Well Done Australia on 14:26 - Jan 10 by Juzzie

Seems like this is now becoming more about Australia's own politics than covid itself.

Crazy situation.

China's influences in Australia are becoming even more massive - tells you what you need to know about the kind of regime that exists there.Definitely not a Banana Republic.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Login to get fewer ads

Well Done Australia on 15:18 - Jan 10 with 2917 viewsMrSheen

Luc Montagnier, who won a Nobel Prize for identifying HIV, on vaccine mandates. Hope you can see past the pay-wall.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/omicron-makes-bidens-vaccine-mandates-obsolete-covi
Includes the following quote:
One preprint study found that after 30 days the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines no longer had any statistically significant positive effect against Omicron infection, and after 90 days, their effect went negative–i.e., vaccinated people were more susceptible to Omicron infection. Confirming this negative efficacy finding, data from Denmark and the Canadian province of Ontario indicate that vaccinated people have higher rates of Omicron infection than unvaccinated people.

No idea why negative efficacy should be the case, and no suggestion that vaccines don't make you safer in the event of infection, but seems to be very little case for arguing that the unvaccinated threaten the rest of us with infection any more. You could argue that they burden and imperil us by clogging up hospitals, but so do smokers, drinkers, parachute jumpers etc, and no-one argues for them to be denied hospital treatment, sacked or locked up in their homes...yet.
Well Done Australia on 16:13 - Jan 10 with 2780 viewsRanger_Things

Well Done Australia on 14:32 - Jan 10 by Juzzie

Farage is currently with the Djokovic family and is congratulating Novak on being allowed in.

I thought he was against foreigners coming into people's countries?!

Well Done Australia on 16:21 - Jan 10 with 2764 viewsthemodfather

according to his mum,, he is a prisoner in hell, being tortured.....ffs he is a multi millionaire and can leave oz at any time, he is staying for his sponsors therefore more MONEY it is ALL ABOUT MONEY. .
Well Done Australia on 16:38 - Jan 10 with 2704 viewsgazza1

I do not know all the facts but the bottom line is that if the country has rules and he has not followed them or met them then he should not be allowed to enter the country, however if he has been vaxed, etc then he should be permitted entry......simple really, not sure what all this fuss & confusion is about tbh.
Well Done Australia on 16:40 - Jan 10 with 2701 viewswillis1980

Well Done Australia on 15:18 - Jan 10 by MrSheen

Luc Montagnier, who won a Nobel Prize for identifying HIV, on vaccine mandates. Hope you can see past the pay-wall.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/omicron-makes-bidens-vaccine-mandates-obsolete-covi
Includes the following quote:
One preprint study found that after 30 days the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines no longer had any statistically significant positive effect against Omicron infection, and after 90 days, their effect went negative–i.e., vaccinated people were more susceptible to Omicron infection. Confirming this negative efficacy finding, data from Denmark and the Canadian province of Ontario indicate that vaccinated people have higher rates of Omicron infection than unvaccinated people.

No idea why negative efficacy should be the case, and no suggestion that vaccines don't make you safer in the event of infection, but seems to be very little case for arguing that the unvaccinated threaten the rest of us with infection any more. You could argue that they burden and imperil us by clogging up hospitals, but so do smokers, drinkers, parachute jumpers etc, and no-one argues for them to be denied hospital treatment, sacked or locked up in their homes...yet.

the last bit is not strictly true is it? All you have to do is look for opinion pieces by people like Ferari, Hartley-Brewer, Oakshot etc about how smokers, drinkers etc (whoever theyre directing their ire towards that given day) should be refused treatment for the burden they put on the public purse.

"we will now cross to Steve from Portsmouth who thinks drunk teens should be refused the use of an ambulance"

I'm not sure whether the practice was ever adopted but there was frequently talk of the NHS not granting treatment to people before they lost weight or kicked habits like smoking or excessive drinking.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2022 17:01]
Well Done Australia on 16:51 - Jan 10 with 2680 viewsMrSheen

Well Done Australia on 16:40 - Jan 10 by willis1980

the last bit is not strictly true is it? All you have to do is look for opinion pieces by people like Ferari, Hartley-Brewer, Oakshot etc about how smokers, drinkers etc (whoever theyre directing their ire towards that given day) should be refused treatment for the burden they put on the public purse.

"we will now cross to Steve from Portsmouth who thinks drunk teens should be refused the use of an ambulance"

I'm not sure whether the practice was ever adopted but there was frequently talk of the NHS not granting treatment to people before they lost weight or kicked habits like smoking or excessive drinking.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2022 17:01]

Well, I suppose some people can ask...it certainly is peculiar how the urge whether to say "serves you right" to sick people can totally swing around depending on who those people are eg those with sexually-transmitted diseases or the unvaccinated.

If you had an insurance or co-pay linked system, where people's behaviour and attitude to risk was reflected in healthcare costs and coverage, attitudes to vaccination can be built into care provision and might therefore influence that behaviour, but the NHS isn't that system. The envy of the world to some, baffling to others.
Well Done Australia on 18:22 - Jan 10 with 2539 viewsPaddyhoops

Well Done Australia on 14:42 - Jan 10 by Northernr

Oh God, please guys, come on, not Farage and Gbeebies.

Farage and Eamonn Holmes. The new Dumb and Dumber!! GBeebies , like that!
Well Done Australia on 20:07 - Jan 10 with 2413 viewsThe_Beast1976

Well Done Australia on 14:26 - Jan 10 by Juzzie

Crazy situation.

"Seems like this is now becoming more about Australia's own politics than covid itself" - it always has been
Well Done Australia on 20:11 - Jan 10 with 2402 viewsThe_Beast1976

Well Done Australia on 08:12 - Jan 10 by Hoopsie

Yes seriously!

Why not flu?

Because Covid undermine every developed country health care system, when was the last tIme we started counting (the lack of) hospital beds. ICUs or ventilators - in countries like Britain, Germany, USA mind

Have we heard of double vaccination for common flu let alone boosters or fourth jab?

Have we heard that flu paralysed global air travel? Wasn’t in the US they had major cancellation of flights just only recently?

When was the last time a top tennis player has to go to court to challenge the host government for his right to play in a major grand slam tournament?

When was the last time police went onto the pitch to arrest football players in the pre-world cup qualifying game for breach of travelling bans?

When was the last time football grounds all over Europe had zero attendances and games played behind close doors

Not the common flu

But Covid and it’s variants managed to put the whole world into panic and frenzy, that’s why It’s a pandemic.

Stay safe!

But the point is, all those things to which you refer were and are completely unnecessary. Which goes back to my point that I am not being selfish in any way at all by refusing to test, isolate and have a covid passport. It's all so unnecessary. As you say "panic and frenzy". Your words, not mine.....

Anyway, it looks like it will all be dying in a ditch during 2022 anyway the way things are going now - most people starting to finally see through this whole 'panicked and frenzied' charade and say enough is enough. Happy days.
Well Done Australia on 01:04 - Jan 11 with 2243 viewsLythamR

Well Done Australia on 20:11 - Jan 10 by The_Beast1976

But the point is, all those things to which you refer were and are completely unnecessary. Which goes back to my point that I am not being selfish in any way at all by refusing to test, isolate and have a covid passport. It's all so unnecessary. As you say "panic and frenzy". Your words, not mine.....

Anyway, it looks like it will all be dying in a ditch during 2022 anyway the way things are going now - most people starting to finally see through this whole 'panicked and frenzied' charade and say enough is enough. Happy days.

still playing fast and loose with "most" i see
Well Done Australia on 02:04 - Jan 11 with 2196 viewsSydneyRs

The relevant govt minister has personal power to cancel his visa again and is apparently considering this today. I imagine the govt are frantically consulting their lawyers and polling people to see which option is politically better/less damaging for them with an election in a few months.

Bear in mind that more than one election has been won here by banging on about tough border controls and basically being a bit racist during election campaigns. Also it will not go down well with a lot of people here if he's allowed to circumvent the rules when everyone has had to follow strict restrictions for the best part of two years.

Tricky times for a PM known as "Scotty from marketing".
Not good on 02:09 - Jan 11 with 2194 viewsSydneyRs

Not good on 08:27 - Jan 10 by superhoopdownunder

Novak now rearrested by federal police and about to be deported. This is nothing to do with health - just politicians not wanting to lose face. It’s a disgrace.

This did not happen. Just nonsense that was going around twitter yesterday.
Not good on 04:05 - Jan 11 with 2154 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Not good on 02:09 - Jan 11 by SydneyRs

This did not happen. Just nonsense that was going around twitter yesterday.

Sydney R's I know and added there were mixed messages yesterday evening.

Whatever way you look at it Australia is a complete mess - all driven by politics - no common sense. It appears nearly all politicians are corrupt and not working for the people they are meant to (and paid to) represent.

Country is way over governed - 1 in 6 people work in government.

3 levels of government is stupid and has not worked as shown through the past two years when the state governments have been working against the Federal government.

Australia only needs two levels of government - Federal and Local - get rid of the inefficient state governments.

A lot of freedom that we took for granted has been lost in this country.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 4:06]
Not good on 05:29 - Jan 11 with 2122 viewsSydneyRs

Not good on 04:05 - Jan 11 by superhoopdownunder

Sydney R's I know and added there were mixed messages yesterday evening.

Whatever way you look at it Australia is a complete mess - all driven by politics - no common sense. It appears nearly all politicians are corrupt and not working for the people they are meant to (and paid to) represent.

Country is way over governed - 1 in 6 people work in government.

3 levels of government is stupid and has not worked as shown through the past two years when the state governments have been working against the Federal government.

Australia only needs two levels of government - Federal and Local - get rid of the inefficient state governments.

A lot of freedom that we took for granted has been lost in this country.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 4:06]

I agree on state govts, they serve no purpose in this day and age. When they were created, there was no way to move or communicate between the states quickly, so they might as well have been different countries, no longer the case.

Corrupt govt far from confined to Australia. People around the world need to wake up and stop gobbling up the propaganda issued through commercial TV stations, social media and the Murdoch press which is only aimed at keeping the assets of the 1% away from everyone else. The absolute nonsense people are willing to believe these days beggars belief.

Growing up in the UK, there were politicians I hated (Thatcher being number one) but I could respect them as politicians even if I did not agree with their ideas. Now nobody has any principles and they just react to what they think opinion polls are indicating, pretty much on all sides. Nobody takes a position and sticks to it any more. The likes of Thatcher, Tebbitt, Hestletine, Foot, Benn, Skinner etc were never like that. They had beliefs and didn't waver from them.

Morrison and friends will be scrambling to try and figure out which decision on Djokovic will benefit them most. I can't stand the guy and he's played this in my view. I don't believe for a minute that he genuinely tested positive. His status in Serbia means he could get anything he asks for there and that in my view is what he's done with this very conveniently timed positive test. His match up with Morrison is a good pairing of two guys who I have little respect for, although Djokovic does at least have a genuine talent.
Well Done Australia on 07:25 - Jan 11 with 2027 viewstraininvain

Well Done Australia on 20:11 - Jan 10 by The_Beast1976

I think you’re confusing conspiracy theory nonsense with most people wanting a return to normality which is natural after nearly two years of severe disruption to normal life.

And yes you are being incredibly selfish by refusing to test/isolate if you have Covid. Have you considered that you could infect someone vulnerable and the potential consequences if you did?
Well Done Australia on 10:07 - Jan 11 with 1821 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well Done Australia on 07:25 - Jan 11 by traininvain

I think you’re confusing conspiracy theory nonsense with most people wanting a return to normality which is natural after nearly two years of severe disruption to normal life.

And yes you are being incredibly selfish by refusing to test/isolate if you have Covid. Have you considered that you could infect someone vulnerable and the potential consequences if you did?

Have to agree.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Well Done Australia on 13:04 - Jan 11 with 2681 viewsSheffieldHoop

Well Done Australia on 07:29 - Jan 8 by traininvain

I’m curious what the anti vaxxers on this thread think of this type of behaviour.

Dunno if I'm the anti vaxxer opinion you're looking for, but since no one else is picking up on it you have got to ask, how did these goons get this far in to this without any security stopping them?

Trust CEO offices are not well advertised and generally separate from other admin functions. They're up with the pharmacy as one of the most secure and inaccessible parts of a hospital. They also have secure doors that a tiny select group of staff will have permission to access.

Then you gotta bear in mind that people with bad intentions walk in to hospitals all the time. About a third of fires in hospitals are caused by members of the public walking on to the site and deliberately starting them. There are protests all the time about patient care. Sometimes members of the public will even come in to try and physically attack staff or patients. So they have 24/7 security teams. Usually stunts like this get no further than the receptionist on the main entrance because 1) it's very visible to the public so gets attention and 2) Hospitals are big places and tricky to find your way around at the best of times 3) All seems a bit pointless doing it in some back office somewhere

So yeh, I dunno, has a whiff of fake news about it if you ask me, or some insider information has enabled this stunt. Remember this is happening in an environment where people are being threatened with losing their job for being unvaccinated. This is in the process of being backed up by the law. So I reckon this stunt, however it came about, is a symptom of the mental instability people are suffering as a result of the government trying to force a vaccine on everyone, that at best, seems sort of effective, and sort of safe, for some people, mostly the vulnerable which most unvaccinated people aren't, against some variants, but maybe not the ones that haven't come out yet, and you only get to be exempt if you suffered immediate death as a side-effect of the first jab.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024