Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back observations 20:36 - Dec 27 with 13552 viewsBlackCrowe

Not good. Lucky to get away with 1-0 but could've been a different game were it not for pure Stroud for their goal...we'll never know.

Midfield overrun, we couldn't handle their high press (which they do very well) and Willock and Chair were neutralised from the start.

Biggest irritation was not making subs much much sooner, it was obvious to us that 5-10 mins into the second half nothing had changed, the subs should've come then. And btw Uncs over Kakay every time for starting position.

As for Bournemouth's pantomime collapsing....utterly utterly pathetic, the management and the players should be ashamed. But of course won't be.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back observations on 18:36 - Dec 29 with 900 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

There was once a time where the manager would get praised for making a good sub

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Just back observations on 19:31 - Dec 29 with 808 viewsdaveB

Just back observations on 15:08 - Dec 29 by PinnerPaul

Even I'm getting bored now.

How can he see everything in a 20 man melee - he can't!

Add to that the fact that most of the players had to run past him to get to the incident!

then how can a bloke on the halfway line see it? That is where i am confused,.

Was only about 6/7 players anyway, wasn't that hard to spot what was going on from where he was.
Just back observations on 13:36 - Dec 30 with 608 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back observations on 18:28 - Dec 28 by Antti_Heinola

manager in protecting his team (and self) from criticism shocker.
If you applied half of your understanding for refs to understanding for managers you'd be... well, a lot more understanding of why managers say what they say immediately after games when adrenalin is still pounding.

He's normally very good.

Really winds me up when other managers say things after a game that is totally at odds with what we have just watched.

Forget Stroud (please!), even Nick London tried to prompt him when asking about

a) The poor defending for the free kick and more 'importantly'
b) The lack of chances we created

but he went on about 'fine margins', which HAVE applied in many of our games, but everyone on here agrees, didn't here.

They missed two open goals, we had a daisy cutter from Illias and one ball that came off the Bournemouth's player head - that was our sum target of attacking threat on their goal.

I was hoping he would address that.

Finally please don't repeat that nonsense about defending referees, as I've said before, just come on here with my take on decisions, based on refereeing for 19 years.

If you want to just read a fans view fine - put me on ignore, but more than 1 qualified ref and some fans have agreed with me.
Just back observations on 13:38 - Dec 30 with 598 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back observations on 19:56 - Dec 28 by baz_qpr

Watched on TV due to Covid, so my perspective might be different.

I thought Bournmouth deserved the win even if the goal came from a free kick that was never a free kick

Kakay had an ok first half but a pretty poor 2nd half and was screaming for Uncs to come on earlier. For many of us I would have thought swap Uncs for Kakay and that would be our strongest starting 11

I thought Field had a good game in centre midfield and the point of playing him is to free up Johanson who had another below par game, and needs to get further forward. We need to get as much game time from these two together as possible to try and get back to the form of spring. There is a problem I think with playing Dozzell and Johanson as neither get forward enough nor are robust enough to hold to let the other get forward

Willock was off par throughout even prior to Chair going off injured.

Dykes played like a player who has not played for 2 months and was the wrong choice up front often finding himself behind Chair and Willock where I think Gray or Austin would have led the line better

Wallace as good as he has been was really off the pace, lost his man for the goal, and IMHO had a poorer game than Kakay.

Dunne was superb

Odd how we see things differently, no not the free kick!, because I thought Field was very disappointing, watching it at the ground.
Just back observations on 13:40 - Dec 30 with 585 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back observations on 19:31 - Dec 29 by daveB

then how can a bloke on the halfway line see it? That is where i am confused,.

Was only about 6/7 players anyway, wasn't that hard to spot what was going on from where he was.

We'll have to agree to disagree Dave, we can't even agree on the size of the melee!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024