Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
THAT GOAL 15:54 - Dec 1 with 5606 viewspaulhoop2

Having been constantly showing the goal off to all and sundry I can’t think of many better ones since Sinclairs. Anyone else agree ?

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

THAT GOAL on 00:55 - Dec 2 with 1520 viewsBoston

There was a beauty from Kevin Gallen, at home, last minute, on the byline he squeezes off a shot from an impossibly acute angle ....and yeah, back of the net.
So fcking overwhelmed by emotion was I that I offered him free accommodation if he wanted to take a holiday in Boston.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

THAT GOAL on 02:01 - Dec 2 with 1476 viewsjtuck

The iconic BBC goal of the season in 1975-76 by Gerry Francis complete with V sign to Liverpool fans at the School End.

Clive Allen's first goal for Rangers.

Around 10 of Les Ferdinand's 'pace and power' wonder strikes including (sob) his thunderous goal on his first return to Loftus Road with Newcastle.

And, yes, I was there in the ground to see the Trevor Sinclair goal which I reckon remains the clubhouse leader.

Also up there is the instant hero Andre Gray's goal on Monday with a world class celebration displaying some of the finest tattoo art I have ever seen. First man to Gray: Barbet. And those You Tube phrases all apply: scenes, mayhem, limbs. These are the moments like Zamora Wembley winner that football is all about and we should savour them.

URRRRRs

LAranger

THAT GOAL on 08:16 - Dec 2 with 1372 viewsdaveB

I put these together earlier this year.
The 90s one is in 10 parts so a link should appear at the end for the next one.
I imagine i missed a lot of goals from the 70s one but video collection not great for that decade

THAT GOAL on 08:35 - Dec 2 with 1327 viewsMetallica_Hoop

As I recall it was a rather windy night. (seem to remember being cold) anyway this woke me up.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

THAT GOAL on 10:53 - Dec 2 with 1228 viewstoboboly

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

THAT GOAL on 11:57 - Dec 2 with 1156 viewswillis1980

I seem to remember Matthew Rose scoring an absolute belter at the Withdean many moons ago
THAT GOAL on 12:26 - Dec 2 with 1112 viewsPinnerPaul

But is it going to win our Goal of the Month though?

Vote now up on offy!
THAT GOAL on 12:34 - Dec 2 with 1109 viewsEsox_Lucius

The BOS goal vs Brum with a Joe Lumley assist was a moment to savour.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

THAT GOAL on 12:44 - Dec 2 with 1091 viewsdmm

THAT GOAL on 12:26 - Dec 2 by PinnerPaul

But is it going to win our Goal of the Month though?

Vote now up on offy!

We scored some absolute belters last month
THAT GOAL on 13:05 - Dec 2 with 1062 viewspaulhoop2

What a team for bury lol

Made me remember Leroy Griffith against Chelsea lol made a World Cup winning centre half look like a pub player !

Also I don’t think anyone has mentioned Gino Padula straight from a corner?!

Was it an LDV game against Dagenham ?

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

THAT GOAL on 13:20 - Dec 2 with 1053 viewsW7Ranger

Eze's last ever goal for the R's wasnt too shabby.

Probably added a couple of million to his transfer fee!
THAT GOAL on 13:26 - Dec 2 with 1045 viewsMyke

THAT GOAL on 12:44 - Dec 2 by dmm

We scored some absolute belters last month

Private competition between Willock (x3) and Gray. Probably throw in Lawrence's to make up the numbers
THAT GOAL on 15:05 - Dec 2 with 986 viewsBenny_the_Ball

THAT GOAL on 16:03 - Dec 1 by daveB

It was a good goal but Adel and Buzsaky between them scored about 10 better imo

Sorry but they didn't. They may have contributed more to the club overall but if your judging a goal alone on its own merits then Gray's is right up there. The awareness to adjust to a ball cannoning off the post coupled with the technique and composure to control a ball dropping over the shoulder, and with your back to goal manoeuvre it into position and volley it into the top corner on the swivel without the ball once touching the ground was top, top drawer.
THAT GOAL on 15:09 - Dec 2 with 983 viewsBenny_the_Ball

THAT GOAL on 21:52 - Dec 1 by Myke

This. And the above and many, many more besides. It was a very good goal. It was a very IMPORTANT goal, but best since Trevor Sinclair? - not even close. One of the criteria when judging the quality of a goal, is the quality of the opposition and while Derby played quite well overall, their defending for both goals was abysmal.
Nice thread tho!

Then by your own logic Sinclair's and Ainsworth's goals should be downgraded because QPR were playing Barnsley and Rushden & Diamonds respectively?

Not a criteria for me unless the opposition were vastly inferior, which Derby are not.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2021 15:10]
THAT GOAL on 15:21 - Dec 2 with 961 viewsdaveB

THAT GOAL on 15:05 - Dec 2 by Benny_the_Ball

Sorry but they didn't. They may have contributed more to the club overall but if your judging a goal alone on its own merits then Gray's is right up there. The awareness to adjust to a ball cannoning off the post coupled with the technique and composure to control a ball dropping over the shoulder, and with your back to goal manoeuvre it into position and volley it into the top corner on the swivel without the ball once touching the ground was top, top drawer.

I'm not saying it wasn't a very good goal, imo though Adel and Buzsaky scored a few better ones
THAT GOAL on 15:28 - Dec 2 with 944 viewskensalriser

THAT GOAL on 15:05 - Dec 2 by Benny_the_Ball

Then I think we're moving into what defines a great goal territory. For many of Adel's goals much of the magic happens before the final touch and strike, the same is true for Stan. Is a tap in at the end of a mazy dribble in which several opponents are beaten a better or worse goal than one in which the scorer is already in or near to a shooting position but applies exceptional skill to get the shot away?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

THAT GOAL on 15:39 - Dec 2 with 932 viewstoboboly

Has this one been mentioned yet?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

THAT GOAL on 16:27 - Dec 2 with 907 viewsBklynRanger

THAT GOAL on 08:16 - Dec 2 by daveB

I put these together earlier this year.
The 90s one is in 10 parts so a link should appear at the end for the next one.
I imagine i missed a lot of goals from the 70s one but video collection not great for that decade

Quality production Dave. I like the use of the panini stickers, good captions for them all, very nice.

The Akos goal Metallica has above always sticks in my mind as having the mark of genius about it.
THAT GOAL on 16:51 - Dec 2 with 892 viewsdaveB

THAT GOAL on 16:27 - Dec 2 by BklynRanger

Quality production Dave. I like the use of the panini stickers, good captions for them all, very nice.

The Akos goal Metallica has above always sticks in my mind as having the mark of genius about it.

cheers, took an age to make those stickers
THAT GOAL on 22:37 - Dec 2 with 801 viewsMyke

THAT GOAL on 15:09 - Dec 2 by Benny_the_Ball

Then by your own logic Sinclair's and Ainsworth's goals should be downgraded because QPR were playing Barnsley and Rushden & Diamonds respectively?

Not a criteria for me unless the opposition were vastly inferior, which Derby are not.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2021 15:10]

Of course the quality of the oppo is a factor. Match of the Day always used it as one of their criterium. Think about it, if Gray had scored that against Van Dyke and Allison, would it not be a far superior goal than against Jagielka and Roos?
THAT GOAL on 00:04 - Dec 3 with 764 viewsHertsR

Gray's goal was superb. However, it wasn't the best goal in the game. Willock's finish was exceptional.

Don't get me wrong; moving away from goal, the knee, the touch, the turn, the volley, bang! Brilliant. Like he said, it was the best goal he's ever scored. He was a forward desperate to bang one in and he did it. His offside finish showed us the mood he was in. Gray was on a mission. His technique was superb. And he buried it.

Gray had nothing more in his head than touch, touch, bang. And thank you very much for that Andre.

His finish ended up in the top corner
THAT GOAL on 04:44 - Dec 3 with 701 viewsHAYESBOY

Seem to remember Rowlands hitting one from distance against Wolves. Went passed the keeper before he made an attempt.

Smells like a trout farm in here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024