Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dangerous Places. 15:27 - Nov 8 with 9566 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I went to Battersea Park Fireworks display on Saturday. What a f*ckup that was! Crowds upon crowds of people (50,000 estimated). Too many people. It was poorly staffed, poorly lit, no signage, uneven surfaces/curbs/steps all over the place, lack of barriers, no phone reception, power cuts. Massive uncontrolled queues for food stalls and bars, I didn’t even bother getting a beer as it took an hour to get a bratwurst! It was like nobody had considered that people might have to queue up for things!

It was an absolute disaster waiting to happen. Not the sort of place you’d want to be if something went wrong. I’ve been to many large events and it’s the worst I’ve seen by far. Closest thing I can compare it too is the Cheltenham racing festival except in a much smaller space, with no lights! I did quite enjoy the thrill of it in some ways and the fireworks were good but I couldn’t wait to get out!

Anyone else been to an event or in a situation where you felt you were (or actually were) in danger?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Dangerous Places. on 08:37 - Nov 10 with 1652 viewsHayesender

Blackpool. My liver hasn't recovered yet

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Dangerous Places. on 08:44 - Nov 10 with 1646 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

When I was 14 my family went on a trip to the Southern US states including downtown Memphis with my semi racist, permanently drunk, half deaf Grandad.
Dangerous Places. on 08:51 - Nov 10 with 1617 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ha just read Ted’s post too! Can vouch.
Dangerous Places. on 08:58 - Nov 10 with 1604 viewsDixie_CT

Dangerous Places. on 08:44 - Nov 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

When I was 14 my family went on a trip to the Southern US states including downtown Memphis with my semi racist, permanently drunk, half deaf Grandad.

Semi racist is the limpest form of discrimination.

Russian Square in Limassol, Cyprus, was pretty naughty. I was in the Navy and the RAF police briefed us not to go there. Dodgy strip clubs, mafia types and people who didn’t really want to be your friend. So after a few tequilas in my 19 year old stomach, I get in a cab to go back to my ship and the bastard takes me straight there. Harranged into a strip climb and my debit card taken from me. Luckily I was as skint then as the I am now so they were getting sod all from jolly jack tar. Well apparently the ladies stroking my though and sharing a tooth, didn’t come free so my new friends male company decided I should leave the premises. Not being a violent man, I tried to head butt the smallest guy and was promptly removed from the club where the dodgy taxi man grabbed me and put me back in his cab whilst Tom Thumb was going ape.

That happened on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day morning I woke up with a black eye and to be served my Turkey by the ships captain (as is tradition) Lt. Cdr Derek Turner, who looked at me and said ‘Eventful night OM Dixon?’

Apparently I got away lightly, two RAF fellas got into a similar scrap and the rumour is that one of them had to give the head bouncer a BJ before leaving. But that just sounds like BS to me

Edit - Just googled Russian strip clubs Limassol and found this link - https://www.cyprus-forum.com/cyprus18628.html seems it’s happens quite often! Mine happens Xmas 2000 so I was a trend setter!
[Post edited 10 Nov 2021 9:01]
Dangerous Places. on 13:42 - Nov 10 with 1457 viewsrobith

There's a Greek restaurant in Fitzrovia that's famous for "the owner" coming to sit with you on the terrace bar, running up a huge tab, then some hired goons threatening you to take you into a room with a baseball bat .

Went to an industry party there once, which I left early cos I had bad vibes. Came in the next day to hear it had all kicked off after the organising quibbled how many drinks were being given out and it turned into a near riot, with them trying to drag this poor unsuspecting events manager into what looked like a dungeon
Dangerous Places. on 14:55 - Nov 10 with 1375 viewswillis1980

Dangerous Places. on 16:26 - Nov 8 by Metallica_Hoop

Every day of 2 weeks in Johannesburg.

where in Jozi were you??? its not that bad if youre in the northern suburbs.

central jozi can be pretty hairy at times, walking from Park station up constitution hill on news years eve was up there. we ended the night amongst the hillbillys in the east rand. From one extreme to the other
[Post edited 10 Nov 2021 14:58]
Dangerous Places. on 15:50 - Nov 10 with 1306 viewsLythamR

Dangerous Places. on 08:58 - Nov 10 by Dixie_CT

Semi racist is the limpest form of discrimination.

Russian Square in Limassol, Cyprus, was pretty naughty. I was in the Navy and the RAF police briefed us not to go there. Dodgy strip clubs, mafia types and people who didn’t really want to be your friend. So after a few tequilas in my 19 year old stomach, I get in a cab to go back to my ship and the bastard takes me straight there. Harranged into a strip climb and my debit card taken from me. Luckily I was as skint then as the I am now so they were getting sod all from jolly jack tar. Well apparently the ladies stroking my though and sharing a tooth, didn’t come free so my new friends male company decided I should leave the premises. Not being a violent man, I tried to head butt the smallest guy and was promptly removed from the club where the dodgy taxi man grabbed me and put me back in his cab whilst Tom Thumb was going ape.

That happened on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day morning I woke up with a black eye and to be served my Turkey by the ships captain (as is tradition) Lt. Cdr Derek Turner, who looked at me and said ‘Eventful night OM Dixon?’

Apparently I got away lightly, two RAF fellas got into a similar scrap and the rumour is that one of them had to give the head bouncer a BJ before leaving. But that just sounds like BS to me

Edit - Just googled Russian strip clubs Limassol and found this link - https://www.cyprus-forum.com/cyprus18628.html seems it’s happens quite often! Mine happens Xmas 2000 so I was a trend setter!
[Post edited 10 Nov 2021 9:01]

Been there,done that my friend still wears the scar on his forehead.

three of us, my friends birthday a night of beers then cocktails and he insisted of a strip bar to finish, taxi driver we flagged down on the main strip took us to wherever he had a deal with, alarm bells were going off in my head when i saw the military police park opposite but we went in anyway, couple of beers and friend gets his lap dance but when he comes back theres a scene and the girl is insisted she gave him more than a dance and demanding big bucks, next thing he is dragged off for a clobbering, we managed to get him away from them and somehow fought our way up the stairs and out to the street with the goons in hot pursuit but luckily as a bunch of them surrounded us the MP's came to our rescue and then arranged for an ambublance to take us to the hospital to stitch my mate together again

That was 86 so its been a thing for a long time!
Dangerous Places. on 15:52 - Nov 10 with 1306 viewsDiscodroids

The first CreamFields festival may 1998 .. 3am and it was like a scene from Donald Cammels 'Performance' after a visit from Spanish Tony...

Thousands of people dangerously out of their skate with little to no security on a secluded site in the middle of Winchester with no means of escape until the coaches arrived at 10am.

People everywhere regressing to their primal altered states of Violence, sexual assaults and thieving. A real ugly mood and slow motion riot gradually enveloped the site from the early hours which led to myself and a couple of mates arming ourselves with broken amyl nitrate bottles in our fists to protect our other halves from trouble. Awful.

I can look back now and laugh but we ended up in the 'Carry on' tent with 'carry on cowboy' on with Sid James blaring out at 5am, while we held firm with broken poppers against the Scouse Living dead out of their tree on every varient of drug known this side of the Mice galaxies.

I would have preferred a weekend in a Khmer rouge re education camp.

Rampling and Oakenfold were good though!
[Post edited 10 Nov 2021 16:01]

A Number One.

Login to get fewer ads

Dangerous Places. on 16:43 - Nov 10 with 1242 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

My brother lives in one of the Arab states, and says it’s standard fare for local chaps to target gay men, go back to theirs after a dance and a drink, then threaten to call the police (who are in on it) for illegal homosexual acts if the cash isn’t forthcoming.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2021 16:44]
Dangerous Places. on 17:03 - Nov 10 with 1224 viewsNorthernr

Weirdly, I'm always disconcerted by how much the stand moves underneath your feet in the away end at Leicester when a goal is scored. I struggle to accept that a solid concrete and steel structure should be jiggling around like that. Similarly, while we all love it that we occasionally celebrate a goal so mentally at Loftus Road that the commentary gantry shakes around and rocks the cameras, I wouldn't sit under that thing for all the tea in China.

On a lighter note... Had too much table wine over a work dinner in Budapest and it was decided among the group of three lads and one lass that it would be a really great idea if we all piled into the strip club next door afterwards. In the four of us went, sat down at a table, there's an offer on for four beers and four shots for a tenner or some such temptation so we do that, and then four girls turn up and one on the table. So we've been in there 50 seconds and we've got four beers, four shots, five strippers.

Then, apparently, "the girls would like some wine". Ok yes that's fine, bottle of red please. Five bottles of red wine turn up, one for each of the girls, all quickly corked and poured. So now we've been in three minutes and we've got four beers, four shots, five strippers and five bottles of win. Time to check in on the bill. They reckon it's nearly a grand.

Ok, ha ha, obviously fcking not. We'll pay for the four beers, the four shots, one bottle of wine, and then we'll be going, not getting striped like that.

No. We're not leaving. We're either staying and playing or we're leaving and paying but there'll be no negotiation. Stay and play while we concoct a plan. Best we can come up with is "head outside for a smoke" and leg it. One of ours hasn't got the memo. "I don't smoke". Yes you fcking do now come on. "No really I don't." School for the fcking gifted. Three of us make it out of the door and run (probably a bit too early), stupid gets pinned to the ground by a naked Hungarian lass and doesn't make it. We get to a safe bar round the corner and he's ringing, we've got to come back, we've got to come back, we can't leave him.

Back we go. Some large men are there to see us. I repeat the offer - we'll pay for the four beers, the four shots, one bottle of wine, and be on our way. They say they're calling the police. I say great, call em, best idea I've heard so far. Five minutes goes by, in which we shout at everybody who comes in the door not to bother because they'll rip you off. Then "the police cannot come, there is a big traffic accident in the town".

Now I am told by people with knowledge of these situations that this is the bit where you get horribly beaten up. In fact the other three in the group were all in my ear telling me in no uncertain terms that "you're going to get us fcking killed". I aint paying a grand for four bottles of Lidl Malbec, get to fck, I'd rather getg beaten up.

I suspect because we had a girl with us, we were released without a punching. But I gather this was a rather lucky escape.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Dangerous Places. on 17:08 - Nov 10 with 1212 viewsMrSheen

Dangerous Places. on 16:43 - Nov 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

My brother lives in one of the Arab states, and says it’s standard fare for local chaps to target gay men, go back to theirs after a dance and a drink, then threaten to call the police (who are in on it) for illegal homosexual acts if the cash isn’t forthcoming.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2021 16:44]

What illegal homosexual acts do the police do if you don't pay?
Dangerous Places. on 17:41 - Nov 10 with 1171 viewswillis1980

Dangerous Places. on 17:03 - Nov 10 by Northernr

Weirdly, I'm always disconcerted by how much the stand moves underneath your feet in the away end at Leicester when a goal is scored. I struggle to accept that a solid concrete and steel structure should be jiggling around like that. Similarly, while we all love it that we occasionally celebrate a goal so mentally at Loftus Road that the commentary gantry shakes around and rocks the cameras, I wouldn't sit under that thing for all the tea in China.

On a lighter note... Had too much table wine over a work dinner in Budapest and it was decided among the group of three lads and one lass that it would be a really great idea if we all piled into the strip club next door afterwards. In the four of us went, sat down at a table, there's an offer on for four beers and four shots for a tenner or some such temptation so we do that, and then four girls turn up and one on the table. So we've been in there 50 seconds and we've got four beers, four shots, five strippers.

Then, apparently, "the girls would like some wine". Ok yes that's fine, bottle of red please. Five bottles of red wine turn up, one for each of the girls, all quickly corked and poured. So now we've been in three minutes and we've got four beers, four shots, five strippers and five bottles of win. Time to check in on the bill. They reckon it's nearly a grand.

Ok, ha ha, obviously fcking not. We'll pay for the four beers, the four shots, one bottle of wine, and then we'll be going, not getting striped like that.

No. We're not leaving. We're either staying and playing or we're leaving and paying but there'll be no negotiation. Stay and play while we concoct a plan. Best we can come up with is "head outside for a smoke" and leg it. One of ours hasn't got the memo. "I don't smoke". Yes you fcking do now come on. "No really I don't." School for the fcking gifted. Three of us make it out of the door and run (probably a bit too early), stupid gets pinned to the ground by a naked Hungarian lass and doesn't make it. We get to a safe bar round the corner and he's ringing, we've got to come back, we've got to come back, we can't leave him.

Back we go. Some large men are there to see us. I repeat the offer - we'll pay for the four beers, the four shots, one bottle of wine, and be on our way. They say they're calling the police. I say great, call em, best idea I've heard so far. Five minutes goes by, in which we shout at everybody who comes in the door not to bother because they'll rip you off. Then "the police cannot come, there is a big traffic accident in the town".

Now I am told by people with knowledge of these situations that this is the bit where you get horribly beaten up. In fact the other three in the group were all in my ear telling me in no uncertain terms that "you're going to get us fcking killed". I aint paying a grand for four bottles of Lidl Malbec, get to fck, I'd rather getg beaten up.

I suspect because we had a girl with us, we were released without a punching. But I gather this was a rather lucky escape.

This post has been edited by an administrator

When mark nygaard scored that screamer in Leicester I thought the stand was going to crumble, which put an early stop to my celebrations
Dangerous Places. on 17:57 - Nov 10 with 1139 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dangerous Places. on 17:08 - Nov 10 by MrSheen

What illegal homosexual acts do the police do if you don't pay?

Presume it involves a truncheon.
Dangerous Places. on 20:04 - Nov 10 with 1036 viewsMrSheen

Dangerous Places. on 17:57 - Nov 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Presume it involves a truncheon.

And a helmet
Dangerous Places. on 20:06 - Nov 10 with 1032 viewsdistortR

Dangerous Places. on 20:04 - Nov 10 by MrSheen

And a helmet

handcuffs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024