Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warbs isolating 10:35 - Oct 11 with 8086 viewsNorthernr

Warbs isolating on 22:58 - Oct 11 with 3293 viewsMatch82

Warbs isolating on 20:42 - Oct 11 by kensalriser

Seems to be we're in for a bumper colds/flu season because for obvious reasons there's so little immunity in the population. Think I'll be getting a flu jab this winter.

I could see it going either way. People more likely to stay at home if they have symptoms this year than they would have been outdoor to 2020. So it's possible spread will be reduced as a result
Warbs isolating on 23:22 - Oct 11 with 3246 viewsSydneyRs

Warbs isolating on 15:34 - Oct 11 by TheChef

Eh?

Well I think its getting at the anti vax, anti "the knee", anti "woke", anti "cancel culture", anti everything really types on social media. There was a comment in this thread that anti vaxxers would not be the same people as anti "woke" types. However a lot of the anti vax demos here have been organised by far right groups who will turn up to just about anything if there's a ruck in it.

So, in short, I get what the post was on about.

When I heard the news about Warbs and saw his comments about being vaxxed, my first thoughts were I bet this stirs a few of our lot on twitter up.
Warbs isolating on 00:24 - Oct 12 with 3177 viewsBoston

Warbs isolating on 15:36 - Oct 11 by dmm

I've never seen 'Woke' being associated with Anti-Vaxxers who I would have thought would be more likely to be Anti-'Woke'...if you get my drift.

... then you haven't been aware of the decades of anti vaxxer movements / groups.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Warbs isolating on 07:18 - Oct 12 with 3097 viewsdmm

Warbs isolating on 00:24 - Oct 12 by Boston

... then you haven't been aware of the decades of anti vaxxer movements / groups.

The term "Woke" has only been in popular use for the last 5 years or so in the UK. If there's a long standing link between those who'd identify as "Woke" and anti-vaxxers it would be in the USA. The whole anti-MMR movement, which goes back decades, is stronger in America than here, even though it was championed by a discredited British doctor.

I'd still maintain that in the UK the anti-vaxxer movement is distinct from "Woke".
Warbs isolating on 08:18 - Oct 12 with 3027 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Warbs isolating on 13:56 - Oct 11 by LazyFan

Remember it's his choice to be double jabbed based on lots of science and not trying to do his own research from just reading dark web forums without doing any substantial double-blind experiments across a vast varied concise target population.

So, I hope any Woke people won't get upset that he has taken his choice to be double jabbed, where avoided taking up an ICU bed by serving his country on the front line in fighting the pandemic.

Jesus loves you Lazy...and for all I know, De Bruyne does too!

Hope Warbs and all who have contracted C-19 and the seasonal flu above, recover sometime soon.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2021 8:19]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Warbs isolating on 08:27 - Oct 12 with 3010 viewsgazza1

MW would have been 'well involved' getting the Team together & prepared for Fulham.....that is good for me.
Warbs isolating on 10:29 - Oct 12 with 2879 viewsE17hoop

Warbs isolating on 10:46 - Oct 11 by E17hoop

Same here.

At my house, not Warbs.

PCR result is back - yep, Covid for the second time.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Warbs isolating on 12:51 - Oct 12 with 2714 viewsdavman

Warbs isolating on 10:29 - Oct 12 by E17hoop

Mate, there must be a special badge for that...

Just goes to show that this a'int going away anytime soon.

I am just about to do a PCR, but I am fairly sure what it will say - this is worse than a cold, but not quite 'flu.

Get well soon...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

Warbs isolating on 21:06 - Oct 12 with 2472 viewsE17hoop

Warbs isolating on 12:51 - Oct 12 by davman

Mate, there must be a special badge for that...

Just goes to show that this a'int going away anytime soon.

I am just about to do a PCR, but I am fairly sure what it will say - this is worse than a cold, but not quite 'flu.

Get well soon...

Welcome to the world of variants.

Warbs isolating on 10:31 - Oct 13 with 2309 viewsGloryHunter

Warbs isolating on 21:06 - Oct 12 by E17hoop

Welcome to the world of variants.

I had a couple of VW Variants in the 1970s. Fantastic cars. Would do 100mph easy, in the days when cars were generally much slower than today. And only had three gears.
Warbs isolating on 13:21 - Oct 13 with 2191 viewsWren67

Warbs isolating on 10:29 - Oct 12 by E17hoop

Were you double jabbed before you first Covid infection
Warbs isolating on 13:24 - Oct 13 with 2183 viewsE17hoop

Warbs isolating on 13:21 - Oct 13 by Wren67

Were you double jabbed before you first Covid infection

No. I got that in September last year. Was jabbed in March and June this year, and confirmed with Covid a second time this week.

I have no doubt it would have been worse if I'd not been vaccinated.

Warbs isolating on 14:18 - Oct 13 with 2104 viewsToast_R

Warbs isolating on 12:03 - Oct 11 by kensalriser

Get a covid test.

Confirmed as Covid-19.

Terrible business. Double jabbed but it's got me in its grip.
As I'm still working from home, havnt been in my place of work since March 2020, its no big deal isolating but I'm off sick anyway. Pretty much all the symptoms I can now tick off the worst being that food goes straight through me, can't smell or taste much and a bad head cold to boot. Put my online shopping order in at Sainsburys last night, have to wait until Thursday - Paracetamol, Sudafed...Brandy.

Thought I wouldn't get it but I have.
Warbs isolating on 17:01 - Oct 13 with 2011 viewsdavman

Warbs isolating on 14:18 - Oct 13 by Toast_R

Confirmed as Covid-19.

As I'm still working from home, havnt been in my place of work since March 2020, its no big deal isolating but I'm off sick anyway. Pretty much all the symptoms I can now tick off the worst being that food goes straight through me, can't smell or taste much and a bad head cold to boot. Put my online shopping order in at Sainsburys last night, have to wait until Thursday - Paracetamol, Sudafed...Brandy.

Me too toast.

Seems that from the early days of that pesky Corona thread (whatever happened to Mr. Bot?) there weren't many of us who caught it. More now; fingers crossed we get a mild dose and move on.

Whatever some say, this isn't pleasant and is a bit of a concern.

Stay safe, all.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Warbs isolating on 10:17 - Oct 14 with 1823 viewssoops

I had it 6 weeks ago - positive test the day after the Coventry game (sorry anyone in Ellerslie Rd )
It was pretty grim so God knows how bad it would've been if I wasn't double jabbed.
Warbs isolating on 23:53 - Oct 14 with 1583 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Warbs isolating on 14:18 - Oct 13 by Toast_R

Confirmed as Covid-19.

Fukc that is not good news Toast_R get well soon
Warbs isolating on 01:14 - Oct 15 with 1509 viewsbob566

hope you get better soon ToastR. Stay strong.
Warbs isolating on 01:47 - Oct 15 with 1486 viewsCiderwithRsie

Warbs isolating on 17:01 - Oct 13 by davman

Me too toast.

Seems that from the early days of that pesky Corona thread (whatever happened to Mr. Bot?) there weren't many of us who caught it. More now; fingers crossed we get a mild dose and move on.

Whatever some say, this isn't pleasant and is a bit of a concern.

Stay safe, all.

Seconded.

Heard last week that an old friend has just lost her husband to it. Age early 50s, no underlying conditions. Kid of 18 has lost her dad. Pretty sure he'd be vaccinated but TBH don't like to ask that.

It ain't all over, I'm afraid.
Warbs isolating on 10:44 - Oct 15 with 1244 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Another case here unfortunately, tested positive last Sunday, usual stuff of splitting headache and fever since up until today. Hopefully over the worse of it now although can't smell or taste anything. Shame as was looking forward to my minstrels later. Anyway, moral of the story is don't go into the office. Stay safe all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024