Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drinking ban at football grounds 11:32 - Sep 24 with 4838 viewsGeorgeKulscar

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/sep/24/ban-on-football-fans-drinking-a

I'm sure this is quite a way off but interesting to see it's being thought about.

While there are lots of positives to consider, not least the club making a lot more money on matchdays, I could see some issues too. A lot of beers being thrown at players when celebrating goals etc. being one.

Having gone to games in Germany where you can do this it is really good, but they are generally better behaved than English fans.
Drinking ban at football grounds on 16:02 - Sep 24 with 1040 viewskensalriser

Ditto to all comments about beer showers.

And especially to Met's comment. Wasting beer should be a criminal offence.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Drinking ban at football grounds on 16:37 - Sep 24 with 1002 viewsMalintabuk

Much prefer non beer in the stands.
I will always remember a pre season friendly against Glasgow Rangers where the Glaswegians felt it was highly amusing not to bother with the toilets and decided to relieve themselves up the trousers of the guy in front of them.... leading a few hairy moments as we were in the old School end with them as I think there was work being done in the loft.
This was back in the 70s but left a lasting thank god we don't allow drink in the stands now
Drinking ban at football grounds on 17:46 - Sep 24 with 933 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Beer in the stands an awful idea. Having to put up with the incontinent, the early half time crew, the late returners crew and the early leavers is bad enough in the Ellerslie as it is without constant refuels going on all game. As for what happens when a goal goes in.... I don't think they have thought it through.
Drinking ban at football grounds on 17:51 - Sep 24 with 926 viewsfrancisbowles

Drinking ban at football grounds on 17:46 - Sep 24 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Beer in the stands an awful idea. Having to put up with the incontinent, the early half time crew, the late returners crew and the early leavers is bad enough in the Ellerslie as it is without constant refuels going on all game. As for what happens when a goal goes in.... I don't think they have thought it through.

NO!
Drinking ban at football grounds on 18:00 - Sep 24 with 920 viewsdmm

Having been to non league games where you can drink, I thought 'Great' when first seeing this. However, those much wiser than I have pointed out the messy pitfalls to this and I think you're right.

Dulwich Hamlet serves excellent ales that you wouldn't want to throw up in the air. Carlsberg though...
Drinking ban at football grounds on 19:57 - Sep 24 with 860 viewsWesty75

Drinking ban at football grounds on 17:46 - Sep 24 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Agree with all the no’s here. Just watch the fcking game and have a beer before/after. Bad idea.
Drinking ban at football grounds on 20:47 - Sep 24 with 842 viewsJuzzie

Drinking ban at football grounds on 19:57 - Sep 24 by Westy75

Agree with all the no’s here. Just watch the fcking game and have a beer before/after. Bad idea.

I had to put up with the half-time early leavers/late returners/keep needing a piss crew on a regular basis.
Can people not go two fkin hours without a beer ffs.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 20:51]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024