Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? 17:44 - Sep 9 with 9031 viewsLeeBrookfield

With the pandemic and future uncertainty about another lockdown.
Thought it might be an idea to think about how from a fans perspective, we can help the clubs turnover.
Forget euro millions lottery suggestions, real suggestions that might work.

Any suggestions ?
Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 23:15 - Sep 9 with 2585 viewsR17ALE

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 18:04 - Sep 9 by NorthernDale

In respect to getting more fans in,

1, Have a pay on the day turnstile, people having to get a ticket before hand will put off the casual fans, especially neutrals. i dread what will happen when the bad weather arrives, many think it is not worth waiting in line in cold weather or the rain to buy a ticket and not even one have smart phones.

2, Advertise more in the town centre and supermarkets, i.e a neat poster in a shop window for example.

Restart the old goldbond scheme with agents, it was a good money earner.

Agree.

Any lower league club who wishes to spend within its means and be competitive needs a good lotteries department.

Late 90's we were making over £250,000 per year. Now it's fook all despite what we get told at Forums.

Those people who sold Goldbond down the river should take a long look at themselves. Things like scratch cards and raffles have disappeared too, because the door to door operations were cancelled. Those were worth £30,000 per year within the aforementioned £250,000.

The problems with lotteries occur when people who have absolutely no experience in them, poke their noses in thinking they know best.

I actually think now is a good time to start a weekly draw on the back of a lockdown. Some people would happily pay £1 a week just to see someone! Forget DD. Weekly draws work on human interactions. I refer you to the previous paragraph.

I also advised the former CEO that his DD plans wouldn't work away at Maidstone in the cup. So, to be told at a recent Forum that door to door collecting had to be stopped because of the pandemic, is an insult to the intelligence of supporters. I think Maidstone preceded Covid by about 3 or 4 years.

More bullshit!!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 01:16 - Sep 10 with 2457 views49thseason

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 23:15 - Sep 9 by R17ALE

Agree.

Any lower league club who wishes to spend within its means and be competitive needs a good lotteries department.

Late 90's we were making over £250,000 per year. Now it's fook all despite what we get told at Forums.

Those people who sold Goldbond down the river should take a long look at themselves. Things like scratch cards and raffles have disappeared too, because the door to door operations were cancelled. Those were worth £30,000 per year within the aforementioned £250,000.

The problems with lotteries occur when people who have absolutely no experience in them, poke their noses in thinking they know best.

I actually think now is a good time to start a weekly draw on the back of a lockdown. Some people would happily pay £1 a week just to see someone! Forget DD. Weekly draws work on human interactions. I refer you to the previous paragraph.

I also advised the former CEO that his DD plans wouldn't work away at Maidstone in the cup. So, to be told at a recent Forum that door to door collecting had to be stopped because of the pandemic, is an insult to the intelligence of supporters. I think Maidstone preceded Covid by about 3 or 4 years.

More bullshit!!

A few ideas that others might expand on...
Executive club

Guaranteed seating for all matches for 5 years £150?

Working with sponsors to involve them in fundraising eg Kia car lottery

Restart door to door lottery sales and use them to deliver sponsors vouchers as well as lottery tickets aim for 200 resellers.

Expand marketing into Bury, Shaw, Royton, Bacup

Add more screens on the ground with a v large one on the end of the Wilbutts lane Sandy Lane stand like the new ones on Whitworth road. Potential income from this one £5 -10k per year?
Get involved with every Junior club in the district and do a kit deal for them via our suppliers.

Perimeter signage

Turn the Ratcliffe into a take away / drive through for 365 days income , I believe Wendys are looking to come back to the UK and might do cheap loans. Potential net profit £3 -500k per year.

Ebay collectables auctions.. donate your antiques, memorabilia etc and let the club or Trust sell them on a 50 /50 basis.

Monthly farmers market /summer beer festival under the Sandy Lane stand?

Join with Lacrosse and Cricket club and St Clements to build a 4g pitch at Redbrook for community use and evening 5 a side lettings Lottery / FA grants?

Put solar panels with batteries on the main stand roof and LED bulbs in the floodlights offices , stands etc.

Start a local internet radio station with adverts etc.

Sell out the skills of the media team to local companies

Make coaching videos for local schools to use in PE sessions

Become an "alternative provision" provider for 2 or 3 kids that cant handle school ... possible income £60k

Produce a calendar for sale dost is circa £3.50 sell at £7? 1000 = £3500.

Produce a "season book " with every match and player detailed ( a bit like Wisden). Sell a 1000 copies as limited editions each season.120 pages hardback , about £4.50 each ( cost ) sell at £20 = £15000+ profit

Dale Ale , christmas brew ?

Dale Christmas cards 25,000 cards for £ 500 about 2p each . In packs of 10 for £3 = £7500
Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 09:52 - Sep 10 with 2235 viewsdiver

Update Sandy Lane stand which is an embarrassment .Perhaps there may be grants available to do this?
Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 13:36 - Sep 10 with 2120 viewsfitzochris

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 01:16 - Sep 10 by 49thseason

A few ideas that others might expand on...
Executive club

Guaranteed seating for all matches for 5 years £150?

Working with sponsors to involve them in fundraising eg Kia car lottery

Restart door to door lottery sales and use them to deliver sponsors vouchers as well as lottery tickets aim for 200 resellers.

Expand marketing into Bury, Shaw, Royton, Bacup

Add more screens on the ground with a v large one on the end of the Wilbutts lane Sandy Lane stand like the new ones on Whitworth road. Potential income from this one £5 -10k per year?
Get involved with every Junior club in the district and do a kit deal for them via our suppliers.

Perimeter signage

Turn the Ratcliffe into a take away / drive through for 365 days income , I believe Wendys are looking to come back to the UK and might do cheap loans. Potential net profit £3 -500k per year.

Ebay collectables auctions.. donate your antiques, memorabilia etc and let the club or Trust sell them on a 50 /50 basis.

Monthly farmers market /summer beer festival under the Sandy Lane stand?

Join with Lacrosse and Cricket club and St Clements to build a 4g pitch at Redbrook for community use and evening 5 a side lettings Lottery / FA grants?

Put solar panels with batteries on the main stand roof and LED bulbs in the floodlights offices , stands etc.

Start a local internet radio station with adverts etc.

Sell out the skills of the media team to local companies

Make coaching videos for local schools to use in PE sessions

Become an "alternative provision" provider for 2 or 3 kids that cant handle school ... possible income £60k

Produce a calendar for sale dost is circa £3.50 sell at £7? 1000 = £3500.

Produce a "season book " with every match and player detailed ( a bit like Wisden). Sell a 1000 copies as limited editions each season.120 pages hardback , about £4.50 each ( cost ) sell at £20 = £15000+ profit

Dale Ale , christmas brew ?

Dale Christmas cards 25,000 cards for £ 500 about 2p each . In packs of 10 for £3 = £7500

Some solid ideas there, but the thing about the yearbook is the cost. I don't know anywhere you can get a 120-page hardback book printed for £4.50 each, sadly. Also, who's going to write it?

If 100 more people bought TVOS at every match, for example, that would bring in an extra £5000-£10,000 right there.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 13:36]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 15:30 - Sep 10 with 2025 viewsblackdogblue

4XL Training tops for us fat blokes..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 16:39 - Sep 10 with 1972 views49thseason

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 13:36 - Sep 10 by fitzochris

Some solid ideas there, but the thing about the yearbook is the cost. I don't know anywhere you can get a 120-page hardback book printed for £4.50 each, sadly. Also, who's going to write it?

If 100 more people bought TVOS at every match, for example, that would bring in an extra £5000-£10,000 right there.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 13:36]

Mixam.co.uk
1000 x A5 x 120 pp colour throughout casebound
Delivery 22 sept
£ 4314.50.

Just provide a PDF .
Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 17:24 - Sep 10 with 1914 viewsTVOS1907

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 16:39 - Sep 10 by 49thseason

Mixam.co.uk
Delivery 22 sept
£ 4314.50.

Just provide a PDF .

Who's going to write it? (Fitz has already asked that)

Who's going to design it? (Design costs are high in that field)

Who's going to proof read it all?

Who's going to source and provide any necessary images?

Who's going to provide all the statistics, facts and figures?

Where is the guarantee the outlay (time and money) will be recouped? (The club shop is still trying to shift the 366 books from 2008). Imagine trying to shift one from last season. (And you would realistically have to be working on it throughout the season).

It's a nice idea and something I floated after our 2009/10 promotion, but the costs and time involved for a club at our level and with our fanbase are quite prohibitive.

As Fitz said, what fans can do (which is how this thread started) is to purchase TVOS in greater numbers.

I know programme buyers are a selective breed and often just in the habit of doing it, but to think we would suddenly sell 1000 year books isn't realistic.

And saying "just provide a pdf" is a bit insulting given the amount of work involved in getting to those pdfs in the first place.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 17:30 - Sep 10 with 1900 views442Dale

The programme sales point is such a valid one. People always talk about “buying shirts” when it comes to wanting to help out the club outside of tickets for matches, but if people wanted to make that regular commitment there’s no better way than getting a programme. At £3 it’s the equivalent of a monthly direct debit to the club and in return actually getting something for your money. Of course they wouldn’t get the full amount if more had to be printed but it’ll soon add up.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 17:36 - Sep 10 with 1892 viewsfitzochris

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 16:39 - Sep 10 by 49thseason

Mixam.co.uk
Delivery 22 sept
£ 4314.50.

Just provide a PDF .

Quality is an issue here. The PDF would be a compressed file of what you would hope is a beautifully designed and written document. Someone would have to do both and not for free!

The print cost is generic. I was implying getting it published professionally rather than using the printer as an individual end point.

I maintain that increased programme sales would be the simplest way fans can generate more income for the club when it comes to publications.

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 17:57 - Sep 10 with 1851 viewsTVOS1907

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 17:36 - Sep 10 by fitzochris

Quality is an issue here. The PDF would be a compressed file of what you would hope is a beautifully designed and written document. Someone would have to do both and not for free!

The print cost is generic. I was implying getting it published professionally rather than using the printer as an individual end point.

I maintain that increased programme sales would be the simplest way fans can generate more income for the club when it comes to publications.

It's long been one of my ambitions to produce some sort of annual or yearbook for Dale, but having spoken to people who have brought books out in the past, it really does seem like an onerous task that has no guarantees.

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 18:08 - Sep 10 with 1826 viewsfitzochris

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 17:57 - Sep 10 by TVOS1907

It's long been one of my ambitions to produce some sort of annual or yearbook for Dale, but having spoken to people who have brought books out in the past, it really does seem like an onerous task that has no guarantees.

From experience, I concur.

If you were paid to do it and had your costs covered (ie by a publisher), then it would be worth your while.

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 19:43 - Sep 10 with 1744 views49thseason

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 18:08 - Sep 10 by fitzochris

From experience, I concur.

If you were paid to do it and had your costs covered (ie by a publisher), then it would be worth your while.

If it were easy everyone would be doing it!
I was involved in publishing for 30 years. In that time I was involved 4 multi-million pound acquisitions and mergers, started 7 magazines I sold German text books to Gaddafi for his kids, had bodyguards in Northern Cyprus while dealing with Asil Nadir and was the first person to get a British video game translated into Mandarin in China. I am not naive about the costs of book production, software development or any other aspects of getting books / publishing projects to market and would be happy to sit down with people interested in properly figuring out what might be possible.
The thread was about ideas that fans might be able to bring to fruition to help the club financially. We have a writer, a statistician, a photographer, and a design team at the club. Could they work together? Who knows until they try? Are there other potentially better ideas? Probably, after all, lots of heads are better than one. If some of my thoughts and ideas cross into personal fifedoms that think I am somehow trespassing, Im not, I have been contentedly retired for nearly 10 years if others want to pick up a ball and run with it, fine. If not, also fine. They are just thoughts and ideas, not fully fashioned business plans.
Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 20:09 - Sep 10 with 1704 viewsTVOS1907

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 19:43 - Sep 10 by 49thseason

I was involved in publishing for 30 years. In that time I was involved 4 multi-million pound acquisitions and mergers, started 7 magazines I sold German text books to Gaddafi for his kids, had bodyguards in Northern Cyprus while dealing with Asil Nadir and was the first person to get a British video game translated into Mandarin in China. I am not naive about the costs of book production, software development or any other aspects of getting books / publishing projects to market and would be happy to sit down with people interested in properly figuring out what might be possible.
The thread was about ideas that fans might be able to bring to fruition to help the club financially. We have a writer, a statistician, a photographer, and a design team at the club. Could they work together? Who knows until they try? Are there other potentially better ideas? Probably, after all, lots of heads are better than one. If some of my thoughts and ideas cross into personal fifedoms that think I am somehow trespassing, Im not, I have been contentedly retired for nearly 10 years if others want to pick up a ball and run with it, fine. If not, also fine. They are just thoughts and ideas, not fully fashioned business plans.

I'm sure the club would welcome your expertise in this field if offered.

I'd like to point out, though, that technically, three of the people you mention aren't "at the club".

I've got enough to do with TVOS and my proper job. DYSporting the same and, if by the writer, you mean Fitzo, him as well.

I certainly think we've done more than enough between us to raise the club's profile in our respective areas, in addition to the money those areas have generated.

Perhaps it's time for others like yourself to become more involved.

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 20:10 - Sep 10 with 1703 views442Dale

The programme editor (who may be the statistician referred to) and the photographer have, to my knowledge, full time jobs away from the club. Nor was I aware of a design team.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 20:17]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 20:17 - Sep 10 with 1681 viewsD_Alien

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 17:30 - Sep 10 by 442Dale

The programme sales point is such a valid one. People always talk about “buying shirts” when it comes to wanting to help out the club outside of tickets for matches, but if people wanted to make that regular commitment there’s no better way than getting a programme. At £3 it’s the equivalent of a monthly direct debit to the club and in return actually getting something for your money. Of course they wouldn’t get the full amount if more had to be printed but it’ll soon add up.

And tbf, if you know someone who's handy with a needle and thread they could stitch the pages together to make a high-fashion item shirt out of it

BDB's appeal for larger sizes? Easy, just use two programmes

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 20:18 - Sep 10 with 1673 viewsfitzochris

No personal fiefdom encroachment as far as I’m concerned. I thought your ideas were good. I just commented on the yearbook because of the cost/benefit element I’ve highlighted. The spirit of the thread is about what we as fans can do to increase income and I believe a very simple start is for everyone to buy a programme. That action alone would make a difference.

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 20:22 - Sep 10 with 1652 viewsTVOS1907

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 20:17 - Sep 10 by D_Alien

And tbf, if you know someone who's handy with a needle and thread they could stitch the pages together to make a high-fashion item shirt out of it

BDB's appeal for larger sizes? Easy, just use two programmes

Not now they're A5 size.

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 20:30 - Sep 10 with 1644 viewsDySporting

I am the photographer, I have the images yes. I am not a full time employee yet I probably including driving do 50 hours plus for the club each month. Editing, transferring photos etc etc that's without taking them.

The book idea is a great idea but not practical. I've got to know several photographers over the decades working for the club. Joe Dent at Peterborough is one of the best. They did a book this summer tracking their promotion season. Joe is employed full time by the club and this is the first one they have done. It has taken him hundreds of hours to put together including meetings with publishers, printers, multiple drafts etc. When I spoke to him, he said they have only done it because of the promotion and there is no guarentee it'll make money. Lets face it, the last book done by the club made a huge loss and there were copies available for years after and they couldn't give it away. We haven't the fanbase for certain ideas. Your £4300 quote is unaffordable we'd have to sell hundreds of copies at £20 just to break even after x's and over a thousand at a tenner.
Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 22:12 - Sep 10 with 1538 viewsjudd

Price fixing

Gala dinner

Money laundering

Sell our mothers

Scam furlough

May all be worth a try in the future

Poll: What is it to be then?

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 22:17 - Sep 10 with 1533 viewsncfc_chalky

I haven't won the Dale lotto in months otherwise I would have donated the money to the club,there's something fishy going on I think

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 23:26 - Sep 10 with 1457 viewsmikehunt

I like the club shop in town idea (Accy have got one in their indoor market).
And solar panels on our stands should make money by selling power back in to the grid.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 23:37 - Sep 10 with 1443 views49thseason

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 23:26 - Sep 10 by mikehunt

I like the club shop in town idea (Accy have got one in their indoor market).
And solar panels on our stands should make money by selling power back in to the grid.

And then there are these...
https://alpha-311.com/
Mini wind turbines for all the stands
Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 23:43 - Sep 10 with 1433 views_Windydale

Drill down and spud some of that Oil that Curran was after.
Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 00:41 - Sep 11 with 1369 viewsDaleFan7

Answer the ticket office phone when people are wanting to buy tickets.
Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 09:03 - Sep 11 with 1179 viewsblackdogblue

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 20:22 - Sep 10 by TVOS1907

Not now they're A5 size.

Aye… would need quite a few 😀

On a serious note, wonder why 🤷‍♂️

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024