Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stephen Humphreys 19:11 - Sep 2 with 48201 viewsborodale

Dale have offer rejected according to Southend echo!!!!
Stephen Humphreys on 00:25 - Sep 11 with 5096 viewsTomRAFC

Stephen Humphreys on 23:29 - Sep 10 by funkkk

Good to see we've got this over the line. Left back next, Sam Hart anyone?

I was a fan of Sam Hart when he was here. Also recently at Southend. Humphrys sent him a tweet when he was released from Blackburn. Him and another striker would be a great step.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Stephen Humphreys on 06:50 - Sep 11 with 4803 viewsnordenblue

Stephen Humphreys on 23:56 - Sep 10 by Shun

Just seen this tweet and it illuminates what a sorry mess Southend are in at present. I believe they’re also under a transfer embargo. Pretty much every prediction I’ve seen has them and Oldham dropping into non-league!

I do hope they're right regarding Oldham though..
Stephen Humphreys on 08:12 - Sep 11 with 4570 viewsDaleiLama

Stephen Humphreys on 00:25 - Sep 11 by TomRAFC

I was a fan of Sam Hart when he was here. Also recently at Southend. Humphrys sent him a tweet when he was released from Blackburn. Him and another striker would be a great step.

Me also. Actually preferred him to Humphrys. Hope I'm plain wrong on the latter. Add in SL's "maybe" and we'd be as good to go as we ever will be on a real budget and with other clubs in a very uncertain season where literally anything could happen. One thing to ponder - a fast start may be vital if the season is curtailed again and ppg is invoked.

UTD

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Stephen Humphreys on 08:24 - Sep 11 with 4518 viewsJames1980

Stephen Humphreys on 08:12 - Sep 11 by DaleiLama

Me also. Actually preferred him to Humphrys. Hope I'm plain wrong on the latter. Add in SL's "maybe" and we'd be as good to go as we ever will be on a real budget and with other clubs in a very uncertain season where literally anything could happen. One thing to ponder - a fast start may be vital if the season is curtailed again and ppg is invoked.

UTD

Do we know if a minimum number of games have to have been played before ppg can be invoked in the event the season is finished early?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Stephen Humphreys on 08:48 - Sep 11 with 4423 viewsdawlishdale

Great news that we've managed to sign Humphreys. Well done to all involved.

One more striker, and a decent left back now, and we will be ready for the season with a fighting chance of staying up.
Stephen Humphreys on 08:56 - Sep 11 with 4376 viewsjudd

Stephen Humphreys on 08:48 - Sep 11 by dawlishdale

Great news that we've managed to sign Humphreys. Well done to all involved.

One more striker, and a decent left back now, and we will be ready for the season with a fighting chance of staying up.

Seconded.

The sudden cash boost of season ticket sales and Dawson transfer add ons have put the club in a more able position to sign players, I should imagine.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Stephen Humphreys on 08:59 - Sep 11 with 4360 viewsDaleiLama

Stephen Humphreys on 08:24 - Sep 11 by James1980

Do we know if a minimum number of games have to have been played before ppg can be invoked in the event the season is finished early?

No idea James. The Euros should give a backstop to the 20-21 season but we saw what happened this year. My impression is that everything about how we live our lives is being made up on the hoof. Mostly by necessity. Idiomatically, crossing bridges when we come to them is going to be the order of the day for quite a while. Especially if we draw Chelski away in the FA Cup

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Stephen Humphreys on 09:01 - Sep 11 with 4353 viewsboromat

If people haven't listened yet the Big EFL Preview podcast has some interesting insights into the effect the new wage restrictions are having on the transfer market.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08qt66t

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

Stephen Humphreys on 09:03 - Sep 11 with 4340 viewsmingthemerciless

Stephen Humphreys on 23:17 - Sep 10 by Stourdale

He certainly scores some cracking goals, Newby playing in behind him could be quite exciting

Some cracking goals there, not many tap ins.
Stephen Humphreys on 09:13 - Sep 11 with 4279 views1907

The great thing about SH is he really fits the bill. Exciting, young prospect who’s actually scored quite a few goals. Whatever the outlay is, one good season & he will treble in value. Really pleased with this signing & fully believe we’re only a LB & an experienced older forward away from a squad we could only have dreamed of in July. Well done to BBM & the board in getting this over the line.
Stephen Humphreys on 09:21 - Sep 11 with 4226 viewsboromat

Stephen Humphreys on 09:13 - Sep 11 by 1907

The great thing about SH is he really fits the bill. Exciting, young prospect who’s actually scored quite a few goals. Whatever the outlay is, one good season & he will treble in value. Really pleased with this signing & fully believe we’re only a LB & an experienced older forward away from a squad we could only have dreamed of in July. Well done to BBM & the board in getting this over the line.

Maybe add a young quick attacking loanee to that list. Baah and Tavares are the only options at the minute.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Stephen Humphreys on 09:29 - Sep 11 with 4181 viewsJames1980

Stephen Humphreys on 08:59 - Sep 11 by DaleiLama

No idea James. The Euros should give a backstop to the 20-21 season but we saw what happened this year. My impression is that everything about how we live our lives is being made up on the hoof. Mostly by necessity. Idiomatically, crossing bridges when we come to them is going to be the order of the day for quite a while. Especially if we draw Chelski away in the FA Cup

Going to guess that if less than 50% of games have been played the season will be null and void. As far as FA cup ties go that would be a great bridge to have to cross. Especially if away fans are allowed to attend.

Stephen Humphreys on 10:59 - Sep 11 with 3935 viewsjonahwhereru

Stephen Humphreys on 23:56 - Sep 10 by Shun

Just seen this tweet and it illuminates what a sorry mess Southend are in at present. I believe they’re also under a transfer embargo. Pretty much every prediction I’ve seen has them and Oldham dropping into non-league!

Your right they are under a transfer embargo. My nephew follows them closely and has said the money will be invested in the HMRC.
The nephew believes preparations are underway for a drop to the conference, but in the hope they dodge it.
Plenty knock our board and particularly our asbsent chairman, but their chairman dominates the club. He is a property developer and that is not his only resemblance to Donald Trump. in The scheme of things our board is pretty decent.
Stephen Humphreys on 12:39 - Sep 11 with 3616 viewskel

I see mr negative is at it again on Facebook (I’ll not leave it on there, no), slating the club for a (hopefully) good signing and insisting we should have given Hendo a similar length of contract. Maybe, just maybe, this might work out better financially in the long run for future transfers/wages but let’s not let that get in the way of bitterness, eh?

Really sad that some people always seem to thrive on negativity.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 12:41]
Stephen Humphreys on 12:48 - Sep 11 with 3518 views1907

Stephen Humphreys on 12:39 - Sep 11 by kel

I see mr negative is at it again on Facebook (I’ll not leave it on there, no), slating the club for a (hopefully) good signing and insisting we should have given Hendo a similar length of contract. Maybe, just maybe, this might work out better financially in the long run for future transfers/wages but let’s not let that get in the way of bitterness, eh?

Couldn’t agree more. I think the last few years where we have become so totally reliant on Hendo has stifled others. If Hendo leaving has freed up much needed funds in the budget to bring in 4 players on our newly reduced budget, it could prove to be a brilliant decision in the long run. It could also massively backfire but it certainly seems a gamble worth taking. I’m just glad we’re sat at the table, cards in hand!
Stephen Humphreys on 12:50 - Sep 11 with 3508 viewsTVOS1907

Maybe Henderson just didn't want to stay with us any more, which came through in the negotiations...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Stephen Humphreys on 13:01 - Sep 11 with 3417 viewsD_Alien

Stephen Humphreys on 12:48 - Sep 11 by 1907

Couldn’t agree more. I think the last few years where we have become so totally reliant on Hendo has stifled others. If Hendo leaving has freed up much needed funds in the budget to bring in 4 players on our newly reduced budget, it could prove to be a brilliant decision in the long run. It could also massively backfire but it certainly seems a gamble worth taking. I’m just glad we’re sat at the table, cards in hand!

I agree, and not just due to financial considerations. With O'Connell as captain, i'd expect to see greater on-field game management and just perhaps, greater unity in the squad as a whole

It's not that i think the squad was disunited before, simply that it'll be enhanced now

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stephen Humphreys on 13:26 - Sep 11 with 3217 viewskel

Stephen Humphreys on 12:50 - Sep 11 by TVOS1907

Maybe Henderson just didn't want to stay with us any more, which came through in the negotiations...

Poppycock!

Without knowing the facts I’m going to blame the board regardless.
Stephen Humphreys on 15:38 - Sep 11 with 2685 viewsJimmyRustler

Happy with Humphreys. The fact that we appear to be paying a fee for him is even better. Well done to the board. Would love us to try and sign Sam Hart if possible.
Stephen Humphreys on 16:14 - Sep 11 with 2431 viewsrochedale

Aye, there’s 2 of them in particular. One of which is a bit of a dumbass to be honest and is better off just completely ignoring. The other will write paragraphs of negativity. He’s been complaining about the lack of investment for months/years, now the board have spent he’s complaining about the fact that they have had money all along and he was right all along!! It’s ridiculous. I get that people have opinions, but to constantly complain and have a go at the board makes you wonder why they even bother supporting the club! If there was ever an example of a guy who is a ‘glass half empty’ it’s that guy!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Stephen Humphreys on 16:42 - Sep 11 with 2225 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Have I missed something....are we still awaiting confirmation that SH has actually signed for Dale?

Why the delay?
Stephen Humphreys on 16:43 - Sep 11 with 2222 viewsJames1980

Stephen Humphreys on 16:14 - Sep 11 by rochedale

Aye, there’s 2 of them in particular. One of which is a bit of a dumbass to be honest and is better off just completely ignoring. The other will write paragraphs of negativity. He’s been complaining about the lack of investment for months/years, now the board have spent he’s complaining about the fact that they have had money all along and he was right all along!! It’s ridiculous. I get that people have opinions, but to constantly complain and have a go at the board makes you wonder why they even bother supporting the club! If there was ever an example of a guy who is a ‘glass half empty’ it’s that guy!

Which Facebook group is this?

Stephen Humphreys on 16:45 - Sep 11 with 2190 viewsTVOS1907

Stephen Humphreys on 16:43 - Sep 11 by James1980

Both of them, James.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Stephen Humphreys on 16:48 - Sep 11 with 2141 viewsrochedale

Stephen Humphreys on 16:43 - Sep 11 by James1980

I think I saw it on the Rochdale AFC Appreciation page, there’s Rochdale AFC Fanbase too. Probably others. To be honest, there’s a lot of twerps on there and it’s often best to ignore. A lot of it is cringeworthy and you just hope that players/staff etc don’t see the drivel being spouted. It’s unlike this board as the majority of stuff on here is generally reflective of reality.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Stephen Humphreys on 16:50 - Sep 11 with 2117 viewsisitme

Stephen Humphreys on 16:42 - Sep 11 by Yorkshire_Dale

Have I missed something....are we still awaiting confirmation that SH has actually signed for Dale?

Why the delay?

It's Calvin back on a five year deal!
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 16:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024