Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans 16:41 - Feb 6 with 8479 viewssouthbrookstreet

He was a great player for us OK so things have not worked for him, with our young players we have I am sure things will work out... but no need for abuse
les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 04:44 - Feb 7 with 1945 viewssmegma

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/1dd50528-435a-41fd-ba9f-9f955a819751
Les Ferdinand on 07:57 - Feb 7 with 1850 viewsHunterhoop

Les Ferdinand on 00:46 - Feb 7 by superhoopdownunder

Are QPR fans really racist?
Over the past 45 years the only racism I recall was the throwing of a few bananas and making monkey noises at Cyrille Regis in the FA Cup Semi Final at Highbury in 1982
Obviously, this is not good but that was nearly 40 years ago and haven't seen any of this since.
QPR fans have been inclusive and supportive of players regardless of background.
I thought the racist fans were from down the road at Chelscum.

I don't know why Ferdinand only seems to want to talk about 2 topics - racism and Grenfell (both important).
However it would be nice if Ferdinand spoke about the development of our players and the medium to long term strategy for Queens Park Rangers.
I would also like to know as the Director of Football when we are likely to improve our results (he has been Director of Football at QPR for just over 5 years now - when he took over we were 17th in the EPL and are now 16th in the Championship).
All I can see over the past 5 years is the waste of a lot of parachute money on a bunch of donkeys. Generally, crap recruitment including managers.
There has been improvement in recent times in recruiting and development but how much of this is down to Mark Warburton and Chris Ramsey?

As a club that has been long living beyond our means - paying our Director of Football 10 grand a week is excessive.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 7:24]

Astonishing.

No mention that we’ve done what you say whilst having to manage a reduction in wage bill of about £65m! Remarkable to go from an unsustainable wage bill of £80m p.a. that was going to kill the club to less than £20m p.a. Without getting worse. In fact, we’re better off! Unlike then we have players that our valuable!

We all want is to be better and higher in the league.

But the way you undervalue/ignore Les’ key role is a disgrace. Warburton has nothing to do with the recruitment of the likes of Eze, BOS, and Chair. Anything achieved as a result of Chris Ramsey, Paul Hall, Andy Impey, or Paul Furlong IS Les’ responsibility! He hired them and put that set up in place.

Amazing someone can be so blind to reality.
les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 08:00 - Feb 7 with 1845 viewsozexile

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 22:05 - Feb 6 by karl

This is an example when he made a fool of Warburton, the press conference was on going and Traynor appeared through the doors having obviously been following things in another room. He is an odious man and tbh MWs stock in Scotland went down at this point as he was made to look like a poodle
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 22:10]

I'm not sure he made Warburton look like a poodle.
If your boss tells you to stop talking to the press you stop talking.
I'm sure Warburton had other things he'd rather be doing anyway.
I'm pretty sure Warburton was about to highlight "Individual errors are are costing us" anyway😁😁😁
les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 09:37 - Feb 7 with 1741 viewskarl

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 08:00 - Feb 7 by ozexile

I'm not sure he made Warburton look like a poodle.
If your boss tells you to stop talking to the press you stop talking.
I'm sure Warburton had other things he'd rather be doing anyway.
I'm pretty sure Warburton was about to highlight "Individual errors are are costing us" anyway😁😁😁

Yes he was probably stopped from his stock answers!

Seriously though, I wouldn't describe the head of PR as generally considered in charge of the Head Coach (think that was his title) when doing a pre match press conference?
The fact that it probably came out at that presser this was the case certainly weakened MWs position in Scottish football at that time and there was a loss of credibility, not good to undermine anyone publicly though.
les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 09:56 - Feb 7 with 1708 views1MoreBrightonR

" I don't know why Ferdinand only seems to want to talk about 2 topics - racism and Grenfell "

jesus, are we back on this again? Every interview he talks about FFP, the issues signing players, how we promote young players etc and yes, occasionally will mention Race and Grenfell....The issue isnt what he talks about, its what some fans hear/take in and what also generates interest in the media, which will be grenfell and race, because outside of our fans, people are a lot more interested in that than whether we have a training ground etc.
les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 10:27 - Feb 7 with 1674 viewsrobith

Remember when any time we were linked with a black player or coach loads of people would post about "Les' mates". That was a cool thing to happen wasn't it
les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 10:31 - Feb 7 with 1665 viewsdannyblue

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 09:56 - Feb 7 by 1MoreBrightonR

" I don't know why Ferdinand only seems to want to talk about 2 topics - racism and Grenfell "

jesus, are we back on this again? Every interview he talks about FFP, the issues signing players, how we promote young players etc and yes, occasionally will mention Race and Grenfell....The issue isnt what he talks about, its what some fans hear/take in and what also generates interest in the media, which will be grenfell and race, because outside of our fans, people are a lot more interested in that than whether we have a training ground etc.

If you read the article Les actually has more to say and I doubt the interview was about 'racism at QPR'. The editor has just picked up on one comment and put on a controversial headline to get the clicks.
Les Ferdinand on 10:33 - Feb 7 with 1661 viewsdaveB

Les Ferdinand on 00:46 - Feb 7 by superhoopdownunder

Are QPR fans really racist?
Over the past 45 years the only racism I recall was the throwing of a few bananas and making monkey noises at Cyrille Regis in the FA Cup Semi Final at Highbury in 1982
Obviously, this is not good but that was nearly 40 years ago and haven't seen any of this since.
QPR fans have been inclusive and supportive of players regardless of background.
I thought the racist fans were from down the road at Chelscum.

I don't know why Ferdinand only seems to want to talk about 2 topics - racism and Grenfell (both important).
However it would be nice if Ferdinand spoke about the development of our players and the medium to long term strategy for Queens Park Rangers.
I would also like to know as the Director of Football when we are likely to improve our results (he has been Director of Football at QPR for just over 5 years now - when he took over we were 17th in the EPL and are now 16th in the Championship).
All I can see over the past 5 years is the waste of a lot of parachute money on a bunch of donkeys. Generally, crap recruitment including managers.
There has been improvement in recent times in recruiting and development but how much of this is down to Mark Warburton and Chris Ramsey?

As a club that has been long living beyond our means - paying our Director of Football 10 grand a week is excessive.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 7:24]

He's not said QPR fans are racist he has quite clearly said racism is a problem in society, football reflects society so you whilst racism exists in sciety it will exist in football.

It's not a newsflash to say we have some fans who are racists, that should be no more shocking that saying we have some fans who are gay

If you bother to read the article you will see he also talked about current FFP issues and is often talking about development of our young players
Login to get fewer ads

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 10:36 - Feb 7 with 1650 viewsdaveB

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 09:56 - Feb 7 by 1MoreBrightonR

the main issue is that as he is black almost every time he is interviewed he will be asked about racism. Ian Wright and Stan Collymore have the same problem so if they answer they are always talking about it all the time and if they don't they are not making a stand.
Apology on 10:48 - Feb 7 with 1630 viewssuperhoopdownunder

I apologise to everyone - I reacted to the headline without reading the article.
(I usually always read the articles before commenting - but have been ill today and seeing the headline jumped the gun probably out of frustration at our situation).

The article itself was good and I take back my comments

I hope QPR have turned the corner and we can build momentum to push for promotion/playoffs soon

Once again sorry.
Apology on 10:56 - Feb 7 with 1614 viewsdannyblue

Apology on 10:48 - Feb 7 by superhoopdownunder

I apologise to everyone - I reacted to the headline without reading the article.
(I usually always read the articles before commenting - but have been ill today and seeing the headline jumped the gun probably out of frustration at our situation).

The article itself was good and I take back my comments

I hope QPR have turned the corner and we can build momentum to push for promotion/playoffs soon

Once again sorry.

We've all been there!
les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 13:07 - Feb 7 with 1520 viewssmegma

les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 10:31 - Feb 7 by dannyblue

If you read the article Les actually has more to say and I doubt the interview was about 'racism at QPR'. The editor has just picked up on one comment and put on a controversial headline to get the clicks.

Which is what I said !!!!
les ferdinand subjected to racist abuse from Rs fans on 14:05 - Feb 8 with 1337 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Standard is really plummeting down to the shitty end of journalism where the clickbaiters lurk.

OK its my fault, I clicked on a link where the headline was "Mourinho regrets becoming Tottenham manager"

What I found was that Paul Merson ( yes the shit for brains one) has written this (surely not) in his column for the Daily Star.

What a clusterfnck of crap journalism
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024