Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roque Mesa 19:22 - Dec 23 with 22457 viewsbiggar

Surprised at a lot of these comments on the above. Apart from one daft bit of play in the first half I thought he was possibly our best player. For the life of me I just cannot understand the amount of people slating him. Bizarre. I don’t need a trip to specsavers so god knows what game some people were watching.
Roque Mesa on 11:54 - Dec 24 with 2089 viewsjack247

Roque Mesa on 11:50 - Dec 24 by trampie

You think Mesa is and I quote ' a deep lying playmaker '

You think he is similar in style to Pirlo

You are having a giraffe, Pirlo had over hundred caps for Italy and won a World cup and a few Champions League's and played for Inter, AC and Juve and scored (he had the ability to take a free kick) and created goals from his deep lying midfield position.

Mesa had two seasons only in the top flight in Spain with a small to yoyo club, it looks like he was 26 before he even played a game in La Liga.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to spend so much money on such a player with his age and background I would like to know.

Christ, you’re up there with Darran today.

Similar in style, not the same quality. I used the term ‘extreme example’ because you compared him to Deschamps.

Have you worked out what a water carrier is yet?
Roque Mesa on 11:56 - Dec 24 with 2086 views34dfgdf54

Roque Mesa on 11:52 - Dec 24 by Darran

Strange question that Blaine who’s said he shouldn’t be playing?

Not you as such, but in the match thread he was getting slated. A lot of people justifying Clement’s decision not to pick him.

Maybe the question shouldn’t have been aimed at you, I’ll rephrase, those of you who think Clement was right not to pick him, can you honestly not see we are a better side when he’s playing?
Roque Mesa on 11:56 - Dec 24 with 2082 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Roque Mesa on 23:42 - Dec 23 by jack247

Mesa isn’t on Deschamps or Makeleles level, he isn’t close.

He is a totally different type of player though. He isn’t there to breakup opposition attacks and play 5 yard passes to creative players. He isn’t a water carrier.

I'm glad you cleared that one up. Poor Trampie. He can now add football to politics in his "things I know f*ck all about but will constantly comment upon like a f*cking oracle" repertoire.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Roque Mesa on 11:57 - Dec 24 with 2076 viewstrampie

Roque Mesa on 11:52 - Dec 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't realise your grasp of the English language was good enough to include footballing terms that I've never heard of.

That granted then, you called Mesa a "water carrier" (a term you used go disparage him with) . And then go on to describe Didier Deschamps as a water carrier (but the implied term being more favourable).

So from what I can deduce so far you are saying that Mesa is rubbish - because he doesn't have Zidane playing in front of him?

You had never heard of the term water carrier in football is it, lol.

It's difficult for somebody that understands football like myself to have dialogue with somebody like you and 247 that does not understand the game.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Roque Mesa on 12:02 - Dec 24 with 2046 views34dfgdf54

Roque Mesa on 11:57 - Dec 24 by trampie

It's difficult for somebody that understands football like myself to have dialogue with somebody like you and 247 that does not understand the game.

I’ve never heard of water carrier I must admit.
Roque Mesa on 12:03 - Dec 24 with 2045 viewsjack247

It’s probably better to have never heard of it than to have completely misinterpreted it.

Stick to politics
Roque Mesa on 12:05 - Dec 24 with 2040 viewsjack247

Roque Mesa on 12:02 - Dec 24 by 34dfgdf54

I’ve never heard of water carrier I must admit.

It essentially means gopher that does the dirty work then plays simple passes to the more creative players.

That sound like Mesa to you?
Roque Mesa on 12:06 - Dec 24 with 2034 viewsDarran

Roque Mesa on 11:56 - Dec 24 by 34dfgdf54

Not you as such, but in the match thread he was getting slated. A lot of people justifying Clement’s decision not to pick him.

Maybe the question shouldn’t have been aimed at you, I’ll rephrase, those of you who think Clement was right not to pick him, can you honestly not see we are a better side when he’s playing?

Well I didn’t see that thread being at the game but my personal view is that he needs to be doing more to get the adulation some are giving him.

As I’ve said he’s a tidy little player but he’s not actually doing much.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2017 14:06]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Roque Mesa on 12:16 - Dec 24 with 2003 viewsBrynmill_Jack

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/02/10/premier-lea

Seems like the modern day "water carrier" has, due to the high pressing tactics that currently are in fashion in the modern game , had to upskill significantly.

You need to keep up with current footballing terminology Trampie. It seems your interpretation is around 20 years out of date .

Roque Mesa on 12:17 - Dec 24 with 2000 views34dfgdf54

Roque Mesa on 12:05 - Dec 24 by jack247

It essentially means gopher that does the dirty work then plays simple passes to the more creative players.

That sound like Mesa to you?

Definitely not. Not even Britton to be honest.
Roque Mesa on 12:22 - Dec 24 with 1985 viewsnantywatcher

On the ball he is much improved, the trouble is that is only 10% of a midfielder's job the vast majority of his role is about awareness and creating and cutting down space . He is exceptionally poor off the ball but his pointing is still quality. I do admire his passion, but he ain't that good, and calling him our best midfielder is laughable.
Roque Mesa on 12:27 - Dec 24 with 1958 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Roque Mesa on 12:22 - Dec 24 by nantywatcher

On the ball he is much improved, the trouble is that is only 10% of a midfielder's job the vast majority of his role is about awareness and creating and cutting down space . He is exceptionally poor off the ball but his pointing is still quality. I do admire his passion, but he ain't that good, and calling him our best midfielder is laughable.

And just when you thought all the thickos had posted on this thread along comes Nantybluebird . But in the spirit of Christmas pray tell - who do you regard as our best midfielder ?

Roque Mesa on 12:29 - Dec 24 with 1948 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Roque Mesa on 12:06 - Dec 24 by Darran

Well I didn’t see that thread being at the game but my personal view is that he needs to be doing more to get the adulation some are giving him.

As I’ve said he’s a tidy little player but he’s not actually doing much.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2017 14:06]

He's actually doing much ? Can we have that again in English?

Roque Mesa on 12:33 - Dec 24 with 1934 viewstrampie

You can find a water carrier on every street corner, 10 a penny they are, easiest position on the field, no need for little old Swansea to pay big bucks for somebody to play in that position and of course the lowly water carrier does not have to tackle these days as tackling is virtually outlawed, they just close the space, can't say I've seen Mesa even doing that, where was he for the build up to Gylfi's wonder strike the other week ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Roque Mesa on 12:37 - Dec 24 with 1917 viewsjack247

Roque Mesa on 12:33 - Dec 24 by trampie

You can find a water carrier on every street corner, 10 a penny they are, easiest position on the field, no need for little old Swansea to pay big bucks for somebody to play in that position and of course the lowly water carrier does not have to tackle these days as tackling is virtually outlawed, they just close the space, can't say I've seen Mesa even doing that, where was he for the build up to Gylfi's wonder strike the other week ?

Now you’re really embarrassing yourself
Roque Mesa on 13:13 - Dec 24 with 1874 viewstrampie

Did not Cantona's quote say you can find them on any street corner ?

Roque Mesa on 13:35 - Dec 24 with 1834 viewsRancid

Roque Mesa on 13:13 - Dec 24 by trampie

Did not Cantona's quote say you can find them on any street corner ?

Bloody hell 😁 Me and my water carrying quip has turned unexpectedly a bit mental
Roque Mesa on 13:38 - Dec 24 with 1824 viewswhoflungdung

Water to a Welsh nationalist is precious.

Fooking scousers get it for nowt and drowned a valley

Confiscated treweryn

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Roque Mesa on 13:51 - Dec 24 with 1804 viewstrampie

Roque Mesa on 13:35 - Dec 24 by Rancid

Bloody hell 😁 Me and my water carrying quip has turned unexpectedly a bit mental

I thought it was me that recognised Mesa as a water carrier and had to explain to some posters what a water carrier in football terms is, such fun.

Roque Mesa on 14:15 - Dec 24 with 1778 viewsjack247

Roque Mesa on 13:51 - Dec 24 by trampie

I thought it was me that recognised Mesa as a water carrier and had to explain to some posters what a water carrier in football terms is, such fun.

Have you been on the sherry Tramps?
Roque Mesa on 14:18 - Dec 24 with 1771 viewslonglostjack

Roque Mesa on 14:15 - Dec 24 by jack247

Have you been on the sherry Tramps?

Penderyn mun. I'm sure Trampie wouldn't touch that Spanish stuff.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Roque Mesa on 14:19 - Dec 24 with 1771 viewstrampie

Just seen a post attributed to our Leighton saying if 'Mesa is a Premier League player then I frankly give up', Clucas was also mentioned in the same vein.

Now Leighton was a player and would know a player/non player when he sees one.

Roque Mesa on 14:26 - Dec 24 with 1757 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Roque Mesa on 14:19 - Dec 24 by trampie

Just seen a post attributed to our Leighton saying if 'Mesa is a Premier League player then I frankly give up', Clucas was also mentioned in the same vein.

Now Leighton was a player and would know a player/non player when he sees one.

Leighton WAS a good (ish) footballer but no world beater. Every public pronouncement he's made has always been governed or clouded by emotion and a touch of sentimentality.

Roque Mesa on 14:31 - Dec 24 with 1739 viewsDr_Winston

Roque Mesa on 14:26 - Dec 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Leighton WAS a good (ish) footballer but no world beater. Every public pronouncement he's made has always been governed or clouded by emotion and a touch of sentimentality.

He's also thick as shit and often drunk.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Roque Mesa on 14:37 - Dec 24 with 1722 viewstrampie

Roque Mesa on 14:26 - Dec 24 by Brynmill_Jack

He was better than goodish he was one of the best players in the UK, the champions of England at the time signed him for their then club record transfer fee.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024