Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holty 17:38 - Feb 18 with 23143 viewsroccydaleian

Holty on 00:22 - Feb 19 with 4179 viewsD_Alien

Holty on 20:09 - Feb 18 by Shun

I don't care if he crawls around the pitch with diarrhoea seeping down his legs for the rest of the season, I'll just be so excited to see Holty in a Dale shirt again. My first ever favourite player, and still in my top two now.

This is exactly the kind of news that would generate a few kilowatts of excitement around Spotland and hopefully get a few more fans through the gate. I don't know if that was in Hill's thinking, but this is one signing where we could arguably see a greater effect off the pitch than on it.

If he hangs around that spot near the Main Stand / Sandy Lane corner we might even see some grass growing...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Holty on 04:07 - Feb 19 with 4046 viewsdownunder

Holty on 19:48 - Feb 18 by Luke8686

Wouldn't have even considered the 8 hour round trip to Bradford a couple of hours ago but now I'm f*cking there

With this news, even I am considering a trip to a game.
Holty on 07:42 - Feb 19 with 3876 viewsaleanddale

Welcome back home Holty!!

Fantastic lift for the club and the fans.

It remains to be seen if he can reproduce the magic of his peak powers - probably not.

Obvious lack of pace but he will have the brain.. Him and Hendo could be a really good front two pairing.

Up the Dale.
Holty on 07:52 - Feb 19 with 3837 viewsTalkingSutty

Holty on 07:42 - Feb 19 by aleanddale

Welcome back home Holty!!

Fantastic lift for the club and the fans.

It remains to be seen if he can reproduce the magic of his peak powers - probably not.

Obvious lack of pace but he will have the brain.. Him and Hendo could be a really good front two pairing.

Up the Dale.

He's got a goalscoring pedigree, we've needed a player with one of those for absolutely ages. Hendersons been a star for us, even this year he's kept up his enthusiasm but it must get disheartening for him. Now he's got a quality player to help him, i just hope we can get him on the pitch enough.
Holty on 08:43 - Feb 19 with 3719 viewsColDale

You'd assume that Holt will also have a massive impact on the young players at the club. As a player who pre-Vardyed Vardy, he must be a massive inspiration for them both in terms of what can be achieved and what can't if you're not 100% dedicated.

Let's hope KH isn't describing Grant Holt as someone who could maybe become the next George Donnelly.
Holty on 08:59 - Feb 19 with 3680 viewsDaleiLama

Are we in the play-offs yet?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Holty on 09:58 - Feb 19 with 3544 viewsLondondale

Fantastic news. I don't care if he's now absolutely shite, he's a Dale legend and my favourite Dale player of all time.
Holty on 10:01 - Feb 19 with 3535 viewsmoth5368

No comment Parkinsgimp????
Login to get fewer ads

Holty on 10:03 - Feb 19 with 3524 viewsTVOS1907

Holty on 10:01 - Feb 19 by moth5368

He'll hate him, mainly because (a) he's a Dale player and (b) because Parkin signed him.

Then he'll ignore any replies to his posts as he never has anything to back up his views.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Holty on 10:09 - Feb 19 with 3497 viewsfitzochris

Holty on 10:03 - Feb 19 by TVOS1907

He'll hate him, mainly because (a) he's a Dale player and (b) because Parkin signed him.

Then he'll ignore any replies to his posts as he never has anything to back up his views.

I still chuckle at the fact he detests anybody Parkin signed. Parkin brought in some of the best players this club has ever seen. He even got decent turns from those who weren't world beaters more often than not, too.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Holty on 10:43 - Feb 19 with 3385 viewsnordenblue

Holty on 10:01 - Feb 19 by moth5368

He's a league 2 standard player,bloody Shrewsbury reject!!
Holty on 10:56 - Feb 19 with 3329 viewskirbys

O happy day,
O happy day,
He scores at home, he scores away.

An injection of passion and endeavour - just what we needed.
Just get him fit and wound up - happy today.
Holty on 11:12 - Feb 19 with 3262 viewsdingdangblue

Holty on 10:56 - Feb 19 by kirbys

O happy day,
O happy day,
He scores at home, he scores away.

An injection of passion and endeavour - just what we needed.
Just get him fit and wound up - happy today.

And a great few fixtures coming up for Holty. Even if he's on the bench tomorrow - Bradford with the Steve Parkin connection, Sheffield Utd (he's ex Sheff Weds), bury, Oldham, Shrewsbury his old club and Wigan his last club.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Holty on 11:15 - Feb 19 with 3246 viewsfitzochris

Holty on 11:12 - Feb 19 by dingdangblue

And a great few fixtures coming up for Holty. Even if he's on the bench tomorrow - Bradford with the Steve Parkin connection, Sheffield Utd (he's ex Sheff Weds), bury, Oldham, Shrewsbury his old club and Wigan his last club.

Shame there are only 16 games left, as I think 17 will see him make his century for us. I could be wrong, of course. Oh, and if he does manage 16 games for us, I'd be amazed. Here's hoping, though.

Holty on 11:20 - Feb 19 with 3221 viewsdingdangblue

Holty on 11:15 - Feb 19 by fitzochris

Shame there are only 16 games left, as I think 17 will see him make his century for us. I could be wrong, of course. Oh, and if he does manage 16 games for us, I'd be amazed. Here's hoping, though.

Play offs?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Holty on 11:21 - Feb 19 with 3213 viewsfitzochris

Holty on 11:20 - Feb 19 by dingdangblue

Play offs?

Hah. I like your thinking.

Holty on 11:27 - Feb 19 with 3181 viewsfitzochris

Another very good, straightforward interview which explains how the Holt deal came about. I love Hill's wry smile at the end when he acknowledges it's made the fans happy.

Holty on 11:36 - Feb 19 with 3149 viewsTalkingSutty

Holty on 10:09 - Feb 19 by fitzochris

I still chuckle at the fact he detests anybody Parkin signed. Parkin brought in some of the best players this club has ever seen. He even got decent turns from those who weren't world beaters more often than not, too.

A good manager who kept this Club going. He lost it a bit in the end but his ability to spot a good player was never in doubt. Got loads of respect for Parkin and what he did for us.

Eventually Hill will go, either because of poor results or he gets a better offer somewhere else.The good things he achieved at the Club will never be forgotten though, Parkin should be put in the same bracket (never forgotten), even though he didnt lead us to promotion he brought a lot of talent and money into the Club.

Eventually it goes pear shaped for nearly every manager so he shouldnt be judged on that.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2016 11:39]
Holty on 11:42 - Feb 19 with 3126 viewsfitzochris

Holty on 11:36 - Feb 19 by TalkingSutty

A good manager who kept this Club going. He lost it a bit in the end but his ability to spot a good player was never in doubt. Got loads of respect for Parkin and what he did for us.

Eventually Hill will go, either because of poor results or he gets a better offer somewhere else.The good things he achieved at the Club will never be forgotten though, Parkin should be put in the same bracket (never forgotten), even though he didnt lead us to promotion he brought a lot of talent and money into the Club.

Eventually it goes pear shaped for nearly every manager so he shouldnt be judged on that.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2016 11:39]

A very engaging and charismatic bloke. Having met him, I can appreciate how he could command a dressing room and why he is still respected by players formerly under his charge.

Holty on 11:51 - Feb 19 with 3091 viewsBarryStrange

He has still got it at this level. Considering we beat Wigan in both cups without Holt in their team he beat us up good and proper as a sub in the league game at Gigg.

Pretty immobile around the pitch these days but a natural at pulling a defence apart, he was only on the pitch for 20 minutes and masterminded a comeback from 2-0 for them just by imposing himself (admittedly against 10 men).

Probably the signing that keeps you safely clear of the water line on the pitch, but not sure how you can afford him off it.
Holty on 11:54 - Feb 19 with 3074 viewsfitzochris

Holty on 11:51 - Feb 19 by BarryStrange

He has still got it at this level. Considering we beat Wigan in both cups without Holt in their team he beat us up good and proper as a sub in the league game at Gigg.

Pretty immobile around the pitch these days but a natural at pulling a defence apart, he was only on the pitch for 20 minutes and masterminded a comeback from 2-0 for them just by imposing himself (admittedly against 10 men).

Probably the signing that keeps you safely clear of the water line on the pitch, but not sure how you can afford him off it.

If you listen to Hill's YouTube interview above, it seems that Holt may not have had many other options that guaranteed him game time.

He's definitely lowered his financial expectations to come back to Dale, no question. There is no way Dunphy would do a Stewart Day, even for Holt.

Holty on 12:02 - Feb 19 with 3042 viewsColDale

We've lacked a bully all season. Our matchday play probably mirrors exactly what goes on in training, but hopefully with Holty we'll have someone experienced in Saturday afternoon stuff. I don't mean Bobby Grant style cheating but someone doing the pushing rather than being pushed, and that element of guile.

And if he takes the main defender away from Hendo, then he'll offer him more freedom than he's been enjoying.
Holty on 12:09 - Feb 19 with 2993 views442Dale

Any manager who gets TLC lyrics into an interview has to be admired.

Edit: sat in McDonald's near Haslingden, guess which song has just started playing...
[Post edited 19 Feb 2016 12:19]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Holty on 12:16 - Feb 19 with 2959 viewsdingdangblue

'but not sure how you can afford him off it.'

We are the club he probably thinks started it all for him - who knows? If he hadn't had the success he had here he may have drifted out of the game? Maybe he thinks he wants to pay us back? Its for 3 months whatever he's on it wont put us in debt!
Or maybe we could organise a summer pop concert at Spotland - you want a ticket?

Holty on 12:27 - Feb 19 with 2920 viewsaleanddale

Hendo been immense the last few games.

Just cant do it on his own.

Holty could be just the perfect foil for Hendo.

Could put a few hundred on the home gate next Saturday home game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024