Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? 15:16 - Oct 2 with 7110 viewsDylanP

Seeing Burnley ahead of us in the league brought to mind the biggest win I ever saw when QPR beat Burnley 7-0. It was a glorious day. The QPR squad was built for goals and scored a tonne that year. The Burnley goalie was a young ginger lad. Although it is weird to say considering that he had to fish the ball out of the net seven times, but he had a good game. It could easily of been 10-0 if it weren't for him. He made a number of top notch saves. I remember that the club had given a whole load of tickets away to local school kids. The whole top of the school end was full of these tiny school kids. Thy were squeaking at the top of their lungs throughout the game. When we went 4-0 up they started squeaking "We want 5" and so Allen obliged and scored the 5th. Everyone close-in was well chuffed for the little squeakers, who immediately started squeaking "We want 6" and pretty soon they got their wish. And so on. Also, the club had handed out these blue and white paper banners, so all over the ground was just a sea of blue and white. After the match I got Clive Allen to sign it. I found that tucked into a box of QPR stuff just recently. Ahhhh that was a great afternoon.

So what was the biggest victory you ever saw from the super hoops and what are your best memories of the day?
[Post edited 3 Oct 2013 1:57]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 19:25 - Oct 2 with 1647 viewsQPR1882

What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 19:04 - Oct 2 by blavod

Here is the Burnley game in 1979.... happy memories

Went up to Burnley to see the 3-0 return game as well as the 7-0 game at HQ.

Was also at the Sheffield night game when we won 8-2. and the 6-2 Euopean game at Highbury ( DID WE REALLY LOSE THE 2ND LEG 4-0 )
What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 19:39 - Oct 2 with 1640 viewspaulparker

have saw some massive wins over the last 27 years
6-1 paul parker scoring and the scoreboared giving it to clive wilson
5-2 against Barnsley a couple of seasons back
5-0 against Blackpool 1000 degree heat opening game of the season
the 4-1 against Man city
the 4-1 against Spuds the best football i have ever seen us play (ray wilkins diving header )
6-0 vs Palace last day of the season
5-3 against Everton (southall & rideout sending offs)
also honourable mention to the game against Preston(tarrabat wonder goal) 4-0

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 20:36 - Oct 2 with 1621 viewsFredManRave

The Palace 6-0, for me. Just a great football day.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 21:46 - Oct 2 with 1599 viewsAgedR

I seem to remember us beating Crewe by a ridiculous margin in the league cup in the 80s.

8 or 10.1 was it?

Should remember as I was there

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 21:51 - Oct 2 with 1596 viewsMatch82

What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 20:36 - Oct 2 by FredManRave

God yes. I grew up in Croydon so all of my mates are Palace fans, I'd been getting no end of grief about how they were going to relegate us all week. Was fantastic to beat them so comprehensively that we were actually safe by halftime, then it was just a massive party after that.

If I recall correctly they went down to 9 men, including having their captain sent off for pushing the referee!
What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 21:57 - Oct 2 with 1592 viewsJacksDad

What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 21:51 - Oct 2 by Match82

God yes. I grew up in Croydon so all of my mates are Palace fans, I'd been getting no end of grief about how they were going to relegate us all week. Was fantastic to beat them so comprehensively that we were actually safe by halftime, then it was just a massive party after that.

If I recall correctly they went down to 9 men, including having their captain sent off for pushing the referee!

High bury v partisan Belgrade what a night
What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 22:08 - Oct 2 with 1587 viewsdodge_stoke_r

What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 15:21 - Oct 2 by themodfather

i saw qpr beat crewe 8-1 in the league cup, early 80s...

I saw is lose the 2nd leg. Not sure if it was 3-0 or 3-1
[Post edited 2 Oct 2013 22:09]
What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 22:09 - Oct 2 with 1585 viewsFredManRave

What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 21:51 - Oct 2 by Match82

Was living in Croydon at the time as well. "Party" is the perfect way to describe the game and what followed afterwards. "Shitting bricks" would be a good way to describe the pre-game build up in The Mailcoach.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 22:16 - Oct 2 with 1580 viewssmegma

I saw Paolo Wanchope score a hat-trick when we beat Oxford reserves 9-0.
What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 23:14 - Oct 2 with 1565 viewsDWQPR

What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 19:04 - Oct 2 by blavod

Here is the Burnley game in 1979.... happy memories

The OP's memory seems clouded with time. The school end stand as the video shows was not built until after the end of that season. I was also at that game and can spot myself sitting on the wall behind the school end goal. Billy O'Rourke came off the pitch in tears at the end and was the only Burnley player worthy of praise.

Was also at the Bolton 7-1 towards the end of our promotion season and the Bolton players had the hump over one of the later goals as they thought the ball had gone out of play before a cross went in. Crewe 8-1 with a Gary Waddock scorcher, Partisan at an 80% empty Highbury. Luton 6-1 with Paul Parker scoring, Blackpool 5-0 and dare I say it we have handed Barnsley a few pastings in the last ten years or so, two 4-0's and a 5-2 if my memory serves me right. But will never forget a certain 6-0 on Easter Monday 1986.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 00:26 - Oct 3 with 1559 viewsNov77

What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 19:25 - Oct 2 by QPR1882

Was also at the Sheffield night game when we won 8-2. and the 6-2 Euopean game at Highbury ( DID WE REALLY LOSE THE 2ND LEG 4-0 )

Why did bowles allow Goddard to wear the number ten shirt?
It's like when currie let stainrod start wearing it.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 01:46 - Oct 3 with 1552 viewsTrom

What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 15:20 - Oct 2 by DylanP

That Palace game was unbelievable. Remember all the balloons on the pitch?

The Arse game doesn't count coz we didn't win!!

Merely for Tony Scully's goal. After he was sussed by opposition teams he wasn't effective (one tricky pony) until that game!
What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 07:08 - Oct 3 with 1526 viewsenfieldargh

What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 22:16 - Oct 2 by smegma

I saw Paolo Wanchope score a hat-trick when we beat Oxford reserves 9-0.

yes but he was 'not our type of player' according to Houston.

Saw the Crewe 8-2
Birmingham 5-1 '68
Remember the Sheff wed game
5-0 home V portsmouth, their fans ran riot
think we did the same to Millwall on the night they invaded the SAR

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 10:19 - Oct 3 with 1503 viewsTonto

that Burnely 7-0 then the Palace 6-0 and Luton 6-1 were my best.

i hasd a ticket for that Leeds 1-6 game, but wasnt well enough to go!

I think the worst loss Ive seen was Swansea last year...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 10:37 - Oct 3 with 1482 viewsRangersw12

Biggest win 6-0 Palace and also 5-1 against Coventry in the mid 90's

seen some shocking losses

Preston and Wimbledon away 5-0 , Chelsea 6-1 ( although left after 20 mins ) , Swansea 5-0 and Sheff Wednesday 5-2
What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 10:53 - Oct 3 with 1387 viewsMetallica_Hoop

My god..HOW LONG AGO! Forgot Plummer played. Wiltord scored 10% of his Arsenal goals..in this match

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 12:29 - Oct 3 with 1364 viewsPeterHucker

Biggest home win, 6-0 v Palace, probably the most drunk I've ever been at Rangers before the match, followed by a monumental p1ssup afterwards. I ended up getting put in a cab to get home from Swakeleys (about 100 metres from my flat)

Also remember 6-1 v Luton late 80s, Wegerle = different class.

Was also at 5-0 away at Exeter about 3 or 4 years ago. I saw Pellicori score a goal!
Apart from that, biggest away wins I can think of were 4-0 away at Mansfield around 2003ish, 4-3 away v Crewe on New Year's Eve and that match at Hartlepool with the unforgettable half time entertainment!

Biggest defeats I was at have already been mentioned I think Arsenal at home in FA cup and Leeds away 6-1.
What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 12:39 - Oct 3 with 1357 viewsisawqpratwcity

I remember posting exactly the same thing only a week or so ago.

6-0 v. Rotherham 67-68

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 13:04 - Oct 3 with 1335 viewsW7Ranger

6-0 v Palarse
5-0 v 'boro (they were so bad, they made Paul Bruce look half decent!)
5-1 v Cov (Ferdy terrorised the Cov back 4!)
5-2 v Barnsley (Buzsacky was unplayable that day)
5-2 v Leicester around '84. (Fenwick, Lee and James on the score sheet)
What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 13:12 - Oct 3 with 1330 viewsCroydonCaptJack

What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 19:25 - Oct 2 by QPR1882

Yes I was up there for that as well. We were singing 10-0 as I recall!
What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 13:22 - Oct 3 with 1323 viewsMonahoop

5-0 v Everton in our oh so close to being league champions year. That was my first game at Loftus Road. Saw us battered 0-4 on Everton's return the following season.[opening game of the season].
5-1 v Blackpool FA Cup 4th Rnd replay in '82 in our oh so close to winning the cup year.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 13:24 - Oct 3 with 1323 viewsMonahoop

5-0 v Everton in our oh so close to being league champions year. That was my first game at Loftus Road. Saw us battered 0-4 on Everton's return the following season.[opening game of the season].
5-0 v Cambridge Utd on last home game of 1980/81 season.
5-1 v Blackpool FA Cup 4th Rnd replay in '82 in our oh so close to winning the cup year.

What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 13:34 - Oct 3 with 1319 viewsMonahoop

What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 13:38 - Oct 3 with 1317 viewsCroydonCaptJack

What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 22:09 - Oct 2 by FredManRave

Was living in Croydon at the time as well. "Party" is the perfect way to describe the game and what followed afterwards. "Shitting bricks" would be a good way to describe the pre-game build up in The Mailcoach.

Yes me to. That would have been unbearable with all those Palace fans. I was mighty relieved that day.
What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 15:26 - Oct 3 with 1278 viewsQPR1882

What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 20:36 - Oct 2 by FredManRave

I ended up with Peacocks shirt after the game, ( players were throwing them from the directors box ) I got him to sign it at players evening.

Still got it along with 3 other signed shirts, never know one day my numbers may come up and I can buy a house big enough to display them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024