Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Got to be bold enough to keep the ball 22:35 - Jan 21 with 1133 viewsBklynRanger

Can't keep giving it back to the opposition"

Harry I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but you know someone who is our best hope of giving you what you want. He's from South America and he usually sits about 5 feet from you on match days.
"Got to be bold enough to keep the ball on 22:47 - Jan 21 with 1109 viewsTheBlob

Spot on.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

"Got to be bold enough to keep the ball on 22:48 - Jan 21 with 1105 viewsWatfordR

Don't criticise the almighty Arry ffs
"Got to be bold enough to keep the ball on 23:19 - Jan 21 with 1062 viewsQPR_Nippon

I love Dezza but can someone tell me what it is that he does better than Ale? Wasn''t there some stat about Faurlin being the top tackler in the Prem at one point last season? Couldn't we also use him equally well sitting just in front of the centre halves when playing top sides?

Can see the argument for playing Derry against top teams, but if we play all of Derry Mbia Mackie and SWP/ Park every game we won't have more than 40% possession in any game for the rest of the season. Surely in the more winnable games ahead we'll see a better balance.
"Got to be bold enough to keep the ball on 23:37 - Jan 21 with 1038 viewsTacticalR

Faurlin can tackle in the middle of midfield, but he can't track runners from midfield like Derry, and he can't shoulder charge players. Faurlin & Derry do different things...they are complementary players.

Air hostess clique

"Got to be bold enough to keep the ball on 23:49 - Jan 21 with 1023 viewsBklynRanger

"Got to be bold enough to keep the ball on 23:37 - Jan 21 by TacticalR

Faurlin can tackle in the middle of midfield, but he can't track runners from midfield like Derry, and he can't shoulder charge players. Faurlin & Derry do different things...they are complementary players.

I think that;s true, but Mbia can do that stuff too.

The problem (imo) is SD brings all of the required character and togetherness at a moment like this in a way that HR can identify with.

Ale is a real stalwart and a passionate player for us too, bu maybe in a different way to what Harry recognizes. Ale is the king of the out-ball and needs to be used, fcuk M'Vila.
"Got to be bold enough to keep the ball on 00:31 - Jan 22 with 1000 viewsSpiritofGregory

I think Ale was rushed back to quickly, Hughes threw him in at the deep end after he realised he had screwed up in the transfer window.
"Got to be bold enough to keep the ball on 00:46 - Jan 22 with 989 viewskensalriser

Sorry to say but Faurlin is not the same player he was before the injury and yes, he's been ineptly handled since returning. Problem is Harry can only go on what he sees now, not videos from over a year ago.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

"Got to be bold enough to keep the ball on 04:26 - Jan 22 with 945 viewsQPR_Nippon

"Got to be bold enough to keep the ball on 23:37 - Jan 21 by TacticalR

Thanks - it was a genuine question rather than a rhetorical one and those seem like fair points. Derry and Faurlin certainly complemented each other in the league below.

But I agree with Bklyn that Mbia does that stuff too while providing a bit more athleticism. Would much rather see Faurlin alongside Mbia in games we need to be looking to win. I think it's consistency rather than quality that Faurlin's lacked this season. There have been games for me this season where he's looked like the player of old but, as others have said, post injury he just needs to be better managed.
Login to get fewer ads

"Got to be bold enough to keep the ball on 07:24 - Jan 22 with 902 viewssingapore_dave

I like Ale and he would certainly help with ball retention but he is the most unathletic premier league midfield player I have ever seen.Painfully slow and very easily brushed off the ball when he does manage to track runners.
Even before his injury midfield players just ran past him as if he wasn't there.He is particularly vulnerable when we play the teams around us as it is more of a battle and he gets bullied. West Ham ran rings around him at HQ as did Southampton when he was pulled off at half time.
If we are going to play him it has to be against less physical teams and never in a 4 4 2 in my opinion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024