Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sacking Warburton Big Mistake 06:25 - May 7 with 6600 viewsnumptydumpty

Got a feeling next manager will take us backwards

We had loads injuries

We done exceptionally well before this

Nice style of football when most players in

Hope I am wrong but to me this could go very Pete Tong !!!!!

[Post edited 7 May 2022 6:26]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Sacking Warburton Big Mistake on 13:35 - May 8 with 1591 viewsQPROslo

Sacking Warburton Big Mistake on 12:55 - May 8 by LythamR

it it remotely possible that there was another reason why the bench was thin yesterday other than Warburton being an arse?

late withdrawels combined with transport logistics? or what about the situation with bonuses, maybe he couldnt pick players as it would have triggered performance bonuses?

we seem desperately eager to strap Warbs to a ducking stool over this relatively minor issue

Good to see some sense and perspective on here, rather than wild accusation based on speculation without good knowledge of the actual situation that left us with 5 on the Bench.
Sacking Warburton Big Mistake on 13:57 - May 8 with 1527 viewsdistortR

Sacking Warburton Big Mistake on 13:35 - May 8 by QPROslo

Good to see some sense and perspective on here, rather than wild accusation based on speculation without good knowledge of the actual situation that left us with 5 on the Bench.

Whatever the situation that left five on the bench, it doesn't show good management.

With the Warbs situation, I think I hold both views - that he is probably one of the best men for the job, but that his position had become untenable. I don't blame anyone either, I can understand the competing viewpoints, if Dave Mc is indeed right.

Anyway, he certainly leaves with the club, and his reputation, in a better condition then when he came in.

Good luck to him, and I would also like to commend Lee Wallace on his generous statement about leaving the club, a certain someone could learn from that............
Sacking Warburton Big Mistake on 16:39 - May 8 with 1408 viewsT_Block

We all know the club has made a big mistake.
Players play for managers
Those that would have stayed will go, we effectively gone back 3 years.
Personally I think we will be in a relegation fight next season.
Hoos and ferdinand will have to go at that point
Sacking Warburton Big Mistake on 16:45 - May 8 with 1396 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sacking Warburton Big Mistake on 13:57 - May 8 by distortR

Whatever the situation that left five on the bench, it doesn't show good management.

With the Warbs situation, I think I hold both views - that he is probably one of the best men for the job, but that his position had become untenable. I don't blame anyone either, I can understand the competing viewpoints, if Dave Mc is indeed right.

Anyway, he certainly leaves with the club, and his reputation, in a better condition then when he came in.

Good luck to him, and I would also like to commend Lee Wallace on his generous statement about leaving the club, a certain someone could learn from that............

Great point about Wallace's statement.

It was a nice touch from a great pro.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sacking Warburton Big Mistake on 19:23 - May 8 with 1282 viewsfrancisbowles

Sacking Warburton Big Mistake on 16:39 - May 8 by T_Block

No we don't. We haven't sacked him, we just haven't offered him a new contract. How do you offer someone another contract when they aren't performing as you would expect.

I would think it was wrong if he had a year left and they sacked him, as he would still have time left to get back on track but if we gave him another deal now, we would have to pay compensation if it didn't work out.

He's been great at times over the three years and the club is in a better place but we move on.
Sacking Warburton Big Mistake on 19:56 - May 8 with 1221 viewsNed_Kennedys

Histrionic nonsense.
Sacking Warburton Big Mistake on 22:27 - May 8 with 1103 viewsdaveB

I think it's hard to know if it's a mistake or not, no guarantee Warburton would have improved again next season.

He leaves behind a decent squad with some obvious areas to improve on, hopefully they are gonna get this right think it's a 50/50 call that could easily go either way
Sacking Warburton Big Mistake on 18:47 - May 9 with 907 viewsdistortR

Sacking Warburton Big Mistake on 13:03 - May 8 by DannytheR

Anything's possible. But given Dave Mc publicly mentioned Warburton picking an under-strength bench once this season already as a source of friction with the youth coaches, felt like a pretty clear two fingers to sign off with.

Also, if we'd used our three outfield subs and then an outfield player had got concussed, we'd have looked a bit stupid.
[Post edited 9 May 2022 18:47]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024