Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lumley to Brum? 07:47 - Aug 29 with 8898 viewsTonto

Interest shown according to WLS:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-joe-lumley-birmingham-city-interest-2202

Would probably be happy to let him go if the fee were decent. Given the abuse he gets on here probably good for him too!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Lumley to Brum? on 22:56 - Aug 29 with 2365 viewsdistortR

Lumley to Brum? on 20:43 - Aug 29 by E17hoop

Diend played much higher up the pitch last week. This week, with Kelly deep, it didn't press our back 4 and meant we were pushed deeper than we'd probably like.

in that case, Diend is high.......
[Post edited 29 Aug 2020 22:57]
Lumley to Brum? (n/t) on 15:35 - Aug 30 with 2066 viewsbertiebasset007

Lumley to Brum? on 22:14 - Aug 29 by WrightUp5hit___

Twitter rumour (yes I know!) Barnsley showing interest in Joe.

Anyone fancy a swap for Connor Chaplin?
[Post edited 29 Aug 2020 22:24]

Lumley to Brum? on 15:39 - Aug 30 with 2051 viewsbertiebasset007

That’ll do just nicely 👍
Lumley to Brum? on 15:54 - Aug 30 with 1977 viewsDavieQPR

The main difference between Kelly and Lumley is one has 3 years left on his contract and one has 1 year and could walk away for nothing at the end of the season.
Lumley to Brum? on 17:40 - Aug 30 with 1758 viewsstainrods_elbow

Lumley to Brum? on 15:54 - Aug 30 by DavieQPR

The main difference between Kelly and Lumley is one has 3 years left on his contract and one has 1 year and could walk away for nothing at the end of the season.

In the case of Lummers, walking away (for something, or, failing that, for nothing) is, I'm sorry, what would be best on both sides. I don't rate him, don't trust him, and don't think he has the ability, commitment, confidence, concentration or pride to improve. If he can resurrect his career somewhere else, good luck to him, but the club need to set a professional standard rather than offering him endless opportunities to lose us games with a multitude of crass errors, not helped by Warburton's unwillingness to tell it as it is when he does. We know that our defence was usually woeful last season, but the keeper who was behind them much of the time certainly won't have strengthened their hand. You don't just (are you listening, Mark?) 'defend from the front'; self-evidently, you defend and build and establish yourselves from the back. No challenging side has a keeper like Joe between the sticks. I'm sure he's a nice guy and I wish him no ill, and he also came up through the ranks as 'one of our own'. But he's 25 now, has been at the club seven years, and we need to wake up and smell the coffee (without spilling it into the net).

We all know - as they (and increasing numbers of fans) rub our noses in it at every opportunity - that the club's policy is to sell, sell, sell anyone who shows any sign of being able to play at a higher (or even lower) level, whether we get to hold onto them for two minutes (Sterling, Bowler) or a two whole years (Freeman, Eze), but it would be a welcome compensation if, once in a while, a player was told, 'you're not good enough, we need to improve, so please find yourself another club, no hard feelings'.

It's not all about the money, whatever the business side of QPR tries to tell us - it's about creating a side we can respect and compete with. We've had some fine keepers down the years (Parkes, Seaman, Hucker, Burridge, Smithies (sob)), and we need to aim higher. Let's all hope we have that bit of steel in the set-up that means that we can.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Lumley to Brum? on 18:53 - Aug 30 with 1680 viewsfrancisbowles

Lumley to Brum? on 17:40 - Aug 30 by stainrods_elbow

In the case of Lummers, walking away (for something, or, failing that, for nothing) is, I'm sorry, what would be best on both sides. I don't rate him, don't trust him, and don't think he has the ability, commitment, confidence, concentration or pride to improve. If he can resurrect his career somewhere else, good luck to him, but the club need to set a professional standard rather than offering him endless opportunities to lose us games with a multitude of crass errors, not helped by Warburton's unwillingness to tell it as it is when he does. We know that our defence was usually woeful last season, but the keeper who was behind them much of the time certainly won't have strengthened their hand. You don't just (are you listening, Mark?) 'defend from the front'; self-evidently, you defend and build and establish yourselves from the back. No challenging side has a keeper like Joe between the sticks. I'm sure he's a nice guy and I wish him no ill, and he also came up through the ranks as 'one of our own'. But he's 25 now, has been at the club seven years, and we need to wake up and smell the coffee (without spilling it into the net).

We all know - as they (and increasing numbers of fans) rub our noses in it at every opportunity - that the club's policy is to sell, sell, sell anyone who shows any sign of being able to play at a higher (or even lower) level, whether we get to hold onto them for two minutes (Sterling, Bowler) or a two whole years (Freeman, Eze), but it would be a welcome compensation if, once in a while, a player was told, 'you're not good enough, we need to improve, so please find yourself another club, no hard feelings'.

It's not all about the money, whatever the business side of QPR tries to tell us - it's about creating a side we can respect and compete with. We've had some fine keepers down the years (Parkes, Seaman, Hucker, Burridge, Smithies (sob)), and we need to aim higher. Let's all hope we have that bit of steel in the set-up that means that we can.

Whilst I agree with some of what you say, it wouldn't be right or fair for Lumley or the club, if MW was to call him out publicly for his errors. He was, eventually left out and then so was Kelly after making errors.

Lumley does have great ability, has made some excellent saves, and is great build for a keeper. Unfortunately, once he started getting caught out for his errors, his nerves increased and his confidence was eroded. Remembering him when he first got into the team, he had a lot of clean sheets but he was described by Clive as a 'lucky' keeper, probably because things were hit straight at him and his mistakes weren't punished.

Kelly too seems a nervy keeper and has yet to show us that he is a Scottish international in waiting.

We seem to have six or seven keepers on ft professional contracts. We need to try and unload two. If we can attract a fee for Joe then great, if not then it still may be worth releasing him, preferably with a sell on clause, to save on his wages.
Lumley to Brum? on 19:33 - Aug 30 with 1582 viewsBoston

Lum to Brum, oh well. Like the bloke but we really could do with a better keeper.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Lumley to Brum? on 19:46 - Aug 30 with 1533 viewsqprd

Lumley to Brum? on 10:40 - Aug 29 by eghamranger

Dieng is untried in our league, I’m sure he was good for Doncaster but that will be very different.

I’m concerned that everyone wants rid of lumley, he can’t be on massive money and has done well for us.

What’s the downside if dieng isn’t up for it? He becomes number 2 and kelly (who is basically league average) takes over

There’s a lot of upside and very little risk... and if we can move Lumley on for a fee, that’s an added bonus
Login to get fewer ads

Lumley to Brum? on 19:54 - Aug 30 with 1494 viewsenfieldargh

I thought Lumley was much improved in the post lock-down games.

He commanded his area well with crosses and only one howler in the game at WBA which went wide.

Watch other keepers, they are all prone to cock ups. Yes JL last season got stuck in a rut but feel he worked his way out of it.

Think he'll go if a fee is offered

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Lumley to Brum? on 20:15 - Aug 30 with 1436 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lumley to Brum? on 19:54 - Aug 30 by enfieldargh

I thought Lumley was much improved in the post lock-down games.

He commanded his area well with crosses and only one howler in the game at WBA which went wide.

Watch other keepers, they are all prone to cock ups. Yes JL last season got stuck in a rut but feel he worked his way out of it.

Think he'll go if a fee is offered

While I wouldn't argue that fans, club and even the player might all see a change of scenery as a good result, I agree with you and others above that Lumley is our in-form keeper and (to my mind) our best keeper until another proves otherwise.

I'd want a fee, and a good one.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lumley to Brum? on 22:51 - Aug 30 with 1341 viewsQPR_Jim

Lumley to Brum? on 19:46 - Aug 30 by qprd

What’s the downside if dieng isn’t up for it? He becomes number 2 and kelly (who is basically league average) takes over

There’s a lot of upside and very little risk... and if we can move Lumley on for a fee, that’s an added bonus

I think that's our problem though, too many goalkeepers of similar ability and age. In an ideal world you'd have Lumley as No.1 with a 32 years + safe and steady competition, some he could learn from and surpass with time. Dieng would maybe be 3 years younger and start heading out on loan to gather experience.

As it is all three are entitled to feel they should be given a chance as No.1. I look at it from a last in first out point of view, so would look to offload Kelly but he's MW's signing and probably has longest left on his contract. So in reality we're looking at losing one of Lumley or Dieng and given our financial situation, the decision is likely to be made on the basis of whichever we can get the most money for (or indeed any offer).

One thing I have noticed is that Lumley is always linked with championship clubs, so assume that these clubs scouts have seen something in him that some sections of our support don't.
Lumley to Brum? on 23:07 - Aug 30 with 1316 viewswombat

Lumley to Brum? on 22:51 - Aug 30 by QPR_Jim

I think that's our problem though, too many goalkeepers of similar ability and age. In an ideal world you'd have Lumley as No.1 with a 32 years + safe and steady competition, some he could learn from and surpass with time. Dieng would maybe be 3 years younger and start heading out on loan to gather experience.

As it is all three are entitled to feel they should be given a chance as No.1. I look at it from a last in first out point of view, so would look to offload Kelly but he's MW's signing and probably has longest left on his contract. So in reality we're looking at losing one of Lumley or Dieng and given our financial situation, the decision is likely to be made on the basis of whichever we can get the most money for (or indeed any offer).

One thing I have noticed is that Lumley is always linked with championship clubs, so assume that these clubs scouts have seen something in him that some sections of our support don't.

Lumley went badly down hill after that kick in the head at Villa , he’s not been the same since I’m sorry to say , if Kelly is first choice this season we are fecked , he’s terrible

Bring in some experience lee camp is Aval on a free as well

Poll: which is your favouite foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024