Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn 02:44 - Jun 9 with 12557 viewsDaiHo0p

Yes etc
Corbyn on 09:54 - Jun 15 with 1429 viewsfrancisbowles

Corbyn on 21:46 - Jun 13 by FredManRave

Time for a new , genuine, realistic third party?!

In my naïve early 20's, I was very enthusiastic about the SDP and their gang of four. Good, smart, experienced politicians, disillusioned with Left wing labour and Thatcher's alternative. Got some momentum, winning bi elections and got a decent number of votes in a general or two but precious few seats. The short version is that they faded away into Liberal peerage.
Corbyn on 19:16 - Jun 15 with 1311 viewseasthertsr

Corbyn on 13:50 - Jun 13 by stevec

It wasn't just a big ask, simply impossible to answer! Mays manifesto was appalling, you don't shít on your own doorstep.

Defining the working class, my view is it's anybody who needs to go out and earn enough to pay the bills, in other words about 95% of us. That aside, I'd assume your talking about those on lowest incomes. In this election, May offered nothing, agreed.

Problem is, those of us (most of us) who've been around a long while have had the misfortune of seeing a Labour Government in action.

Things can only get better, they didn't. For the working class, Gordon Brown steadfastly refused to increase the tax threshold meaning 10 years ago the rate you started paying tax was less than HALF what it is now. Blair's immigration policy had a huge detrimental effect on low income earners and, at the same time, with more people coming into the country than houses being built led to the massive increase of house prices so that the young find it practically impossible to own their own home. Tuition fees? remind me who introduced that to the nations students. Irrespective of what happens under the Tories all this happened on Labours watch, the so called friend of the working class.

Now if I was under 30, all this was long enough back to have had no real impact, I'd have been at school, not paying tax, no mortgage or rent, something I'd glossed over in a history book.

There's no substitute for being on the sharp end. In my industry, employees were earning more in 1996 (before Labour got in) than they were in 2010 (when Labour got kicked out). Private pensions that had grown through the 80's and 90's collapsed in the period 1997 to 2010 as Brown picked the pockets of everyone who owned one.

Don't get carried away by the freebies Corbyn offers, he's come up with some very good policies, all he needs is a tax that actually pays for it. Income Tax and Corporation Tax increases NEVER raise anything substantial and when it all starts to unravel Labour will go back to what they always do, clobber the lot of us.

Great argument! Not sure how it goes down with nurses who have got a 1% increase year on year, or firefighters who have seen huge cuts in their service over the last 7 years. Why not ask Mr. and Mrs. May how many sacrifices they have had to make over the same period?
As for the always worse off under Labour argument, I'm sick of Tories having the cheek to accuse Labour of mis-management. The last few years have clearly demonstrated that they are chaotic in their way of governing. U-turns, bad calls, budget cock-ups are the norm with this shower! All the while the rich backers that fund their party have got wealthier and wealthier, I wonder why?
[Post edited 15 Jun 2017 19:25]
Corbyn on 23:47 - Jun 15 with 1212 viewsplasmahoop

With another election likely fairly soon, it would seem that labour are in a good position to win. Unfortunately, its something we will have to endure. Run by Len McCluskey and the like, overspending, over taxing, business moving abroad,interest rate on the national debt going up, IMF bailouts and harsher austerity than the first place. Sadly as the Tories are so crap and unable to explain anything I'm resigned to the fact we are just going to have to go through it
Corbyn on 00:18 - Jun 16 with 1185 viewsdistortR

I would like to reiterate Danny's point - it is IMPERATIVE that the British government is seen to be impartial in Northern Island, and with the tories propped up by the DUP, well, they aren't, are they? As recent events have shown, there are some who would take us back to the days of violence, this move is f'kin ridiculous and god knows the ramifications.
Corbyn on 00:42 - Jun 16 with 1164 viewsLythamR

I think we would need a coalition of Houdini and Gandalf to get us out of the clusterfu*k that we are slowly spiralling into, neither the conservatives or Labour will pull us out of it.
Corbyn on 05:37 - Jun 16 with 1123 viewsdistortR

Corbyn on 00:42 - Jun 16 by LythamR

I think we would need a coalition of Houdini and Gandalf to get us out of the clusterfu*k that we are slowly spiralling into, neither the conservatives or Labour will pull us out of it.

Gandini for me, Houdalf would probably have fascistic tendencies.
Corbyn on 08:40 - Jun 16 with 1063 viewsFDC

Two years ago yesterday Corbyn made it onto the leadership ballet with seconds to spare. Today it is mainstream to discuss public ownership of services and requisition of empty homes. Absolute boy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024