Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick McCarthy on fan criticism 17:10 - Aug 21 with 4158 viewsrsonist

Relevant to us...
Mick McCarthy on fan criticism on 17:20 - Aug 21 with 4120 viewsflynnbo

How refreshing!
Mick McCarthy on fan criticism on 17:33 - Aug 21 with 4076 viewsLongsufferingR

Well said Mick.
Mick McCarthy on fan criticism on 17:45 - Aug 21 with 4040 viewsjonno

The bloke is earning thousands of pounds a week, if he doesn't expect criticism, rightly or wrongly, from fans who all probably make ten or twenty times less a week then he is in the wrong job. And he's been in the game long enough to know that. Get over it, or find another job, which of course he won't.
Mick McCarthy on fan criticism on 17:48 - Aug 21 with 4036 viewspompeyhoop

I like to hear it, some of the nonsense I heard at Rangers yesterday was pathetic, I like a bit of reality say it how it is Mick

Anton Ferdinand was not a very good footballer...

Mick McCarthy on fan criticism on 18:23 - Aug 21 with 3951 viewsWatford_Ranger

Mick McCarthy on fan criticism on 17:45 - Aug 21 by jonno

The bloke is earning thousands of pounds a week, if he doesn't expect criticism, rightly or wrongly, from fans who all probably make ten or twenty times less a week then he is in the wrong job. And he's been in the game long enough to know that. Get over it, or find another job, which of course he won't.

Most of the abuse managers get would be just as bad if they were on £50k a year rather than £500k or whatever they get. In the history of football, I doubt any team has benefitted from an obese bloke five pints in calling the manager/right-back/mascot a cnt every time they get something marginally wrong. I'm not saying the players/manager never deserve to be told how the fans feel but some of the stuff yesterday was cringeworthy and as a fan base I think QPR's has developed a sizeable spoilt minority.
Mick McCarthy on fan criticism on 19:17 - Aug 21 with 3804 viewsstowmarketrange

Mick McCarthy on fan criticism on 18:23 - Aug 21 by Watford_Ranger

Most of the abuse managers get would be just as bad if they were on £50k a year rather than £500k or whatever they get. In the history of football, I doubt any team has benefitted from an obese bloke five pints in calling the manager/right-back/mascot a cnt every time they get something marginally wrong. I'm not saying the players/manager never deserve to be told how the fans feel but some of the stuff yesterday was cringeworthy and as a fan base I think QPR's has developed a sizeable spoilt minority.

The worst offenders seemed to be the usual crowd in P,Q and R blocks.One minute it's "Jimmy floyd's blue and white army" and the next it's "Jimmy sort it out."
I was getting pretty peed off with fans just because we hadn't played like Brazil in the first half.
Mick McCarthy on fan criticism on 19:58 - Aug 21 with 3735 viewsstevec

It must be a real bummer being a millionaire and having some fat bloke calling you a knt for your trouble.

Let's face it, we all know literally tens of thousands of us pay a combined small fortune so that essentially around 20 players can not only suck up 100% of our input but then go back in for a sackful of TV money and, when that's not enough, get the Chairman to dip into his pockets to make up the excessive shortfall.

Then they put on a show that you wouldn't expect to see from a park team, bless 'em.

when did you last hear a player or manager thank the paying public for their lifestyle? Never, is the answer to that one.
Mick McCarthy on fan criticism on 20:10 - Aug 21 with 3698 viewspompeyhoop

Mick McCarthy on fan criticism on 18:23 - Aug 21 by Watford_Ranger

Absolutely spot on, JFH sort it out was the number that done me!! And some imbecile shouting "hurt him" every time we made a challenge.....to many re-runs of I.D. I hate all that nonsense

Anton Ferdinand was not a very good footballer...

Login to get fewer ads

Mick McCarthy on fan criticism on 00:03 - Aug 22 with 3412 viewsNorthernr

Mick McCarthy on fan criticism on 17:45 - Aug 21 by jonno

While I accept and agree with that point, I think his point about the schizo nature of hpw fans of all clubs behave at the moment is valid. Look at us, one good performance against Leeds and we're drawing comparisons to the Warnock promotion season, one awful performance v Preston and the sky is falling in again.
Mick McCarthy on fan criticism on 07:20 - Aug 22 with 3268 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Mick McCarthy on fan criticism on 19:17 - Aug 21 by stowmarketrange

The worst offenders seemed to be the usual crowd in P,Q and R blocks.One minute it's "Jimmy floyd's blue and white army" and the next it's "Jimmy sort it out."
I was getting pretty peed off with fans just because we hadn't played like Brazil in the first half.

That 'Jimmy sort it out chant' is a bit embarrassing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024