Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hibs 17:27 - Jan 30 with 7405 viewsterryb

Mainly for the attention of Karl, but any other Hibs fans are more than welcome!

Congratulations on today's win in the League Cup semi final. Hopefully you can relive past glories on the day of the final!
Hibs on 17:29 - Jan 30 with 6172 viewsnewgolddream

Well done Hi-bees. Another great day out for Karl in Hampden.
Hibs on 17:30 - Jan 30 with 6176 viewsdistortR

I know Karl was going, hope you had a great day, mate!

I am envious, though!
Hibs on 19:18 - Jan 31 with 5983 viewskomradkirk

Congratulations to Hibs,i know a few Ballyclare folk over to back our own Tommy Wright at Saints but not to be.
The final looking a less daunting for you with the vanquishing of the treble chasers at Hampden by Ross County.
Hibs on 19:34 - Jan 31 with 5954 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well done Karl!!!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hibs on 21:06 - Jan 31 with 5901 viewskarl

Thanks everyone just got home, good cup tie and edged the game imo to deservedly win.
Contentious penalty but i was up the other end and although we thought it was a stonewaller it is hard to tell now St Johnstone are so adamant there was no contact.
Have to make sure we see this through and play like 2007 (not 2004 Newgold!)

Nice to see Agent Grifiths missed a penalty for Celtic
Hibs on 21:27 - Jan 31 with 5852 viewsnewgolddream

Hibs on 21:06 - Jan 31 by karl

Thanks everyone just got home, good cup tie and edged the game imo to deservedly win.
Contentious penalty but i was up the other end and although we thought it was a stonewaller it is hard to tell now St Johnstone are so adamant there was no contact.

Well done again Karl and while u r here do u know anything bout Osman Kakay who joined Livi from the R's during the week?? Came on as a sub in another defeat at Dumbarton yesterday.

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/loan-ranger-rides-into-town/
Hibs on 21:30 - Jan 31 with 5855 viewsKonk

Hibs on 21:06 - Jan 31 by karl

I still have nightmares about 2004! 38,000 Hibees through, great atmosphere before the game and then...to make it even better, I was stopping in Trinity with friends who are massive Jambos, who spent the whole evening patronising the arse out of us as the diddly team. Killie final was a cracker, though. Going to be abroad for this one - gutted to miss it. Hope you have a great time, Karl, and that Hibs bring the trophy back to ER. Can then concentrate on promotion and ending the 114 year wait for the SC!
[Post edited 31 Jan 2016 21:34]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Hibs on 21:43 - Jan 31 with 5841 viewskarl

Hibs on 21:27 - Jan 31 by newgolddream

Well done again Karl and while u r here do u know anything bout Osman Kakay who joined Livi from the R's during the week?? Came on as a sub in another defeat at Dumbarton yesterday.

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/loan-ranger-rides-into-town/

Sorry mate this has passed me by, possibly Livi need a little injection of loanees to spark something again?
Read the report of Dumbarton game and apparently the wind was horrendous, i've been to their ground and can understand how it would have been so bad. Sounded like Livi were very unlucky with the late goal and deserved a point.

Konk, i'm hoping for a change in fortunes, i have been at losing finals 2004,2012,2013 and missed 2007! Hoping to have all the family at this one, can't wait.
Login to get fewer ads

Hibs on 22:18 - Jan 31 with 5787 viewsBoston

Just wondered how many Ross County fans were at the semi? S'pose they'll bring the whole of the Highlands for the final...that'll be three buses, McTavish.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hibs on 22:38 - Jan 31 with 5763 viewskarl

Hibs on 22:18 - Jan 31 by Boston

Just wondered how many Ross County fans were at the semi? S'pose they'll bring the whole of the Highlands for the final...that'll be three buses, McTavish.

I spoke to a mate of mine who was going as a Ross County fan and he thought they had 4000 going today, population of Dingwall is 5500 so not bad going!
Their support catchment is aimed at the county of Ross-shire (obviously) which is a large landmass but still fair play to them. Should hopefully mean Hibs get an allocation of 30,000 plus.
I've a soft spot for Ross County as my mum and dad lived there for about 4 years and i watched them in the Highland League on a good few occasions.

Edit: just watching highlights and really looks like 2000-2500 Ross County, Celtic terrible support in their home town of less than 20,000. Tickets were fairly priced at £20
[Post edited 31 Jan 2016 22:48]
Hibs on 14:46 - Feb 1 with 5631 viewsIngham

Yeah, nice one (and one in the eye for the Jambos). Hope the boys can rise to it on the day and it's on it's way to Leith.
Hibs on 15:03 - Feb 1 with 5612 viewsKonk

Hibs on 21:43 - Jan 31 by karl

Sorry mate this has passed me by, possibly Livi need a little injection of loanees to spark something again?
Read the report of Dumbarton game and apparently the wind was horrendous, i've been to their ground and can understand how it would have been so bad. Sounded like Livi were very unlucky with the late goal and deserved a point.

Konk, i'm hoping for a change in fortunes, i have been at losing finals 2004,2012,2013 and missed 2007! Hoping to have all the family at this one, can't wait.

2007 was great. I saw the win in '91 too - that was brilliant after all the Mercer Takeover sh ite. Loved that side and the kit.

I haven't been up for any of the SC finals as I wouldn't want to deprive a local of a ticket for what has been an insane wait when you consider some of the clubs who've won it since 1902! Probably a daft logic, but although I probably only get to one game a year these days, I don't feel bad about getting a ticket for LC finals - it's not like all those locals are at ER every week and I used to travel up a few times every season when I was younger and had more free weekends.

Hibs on 15:08 - Feb 1 with 5602 viewsonlyrinmoray

Ive been a few times to Dingwall to see the Staggies nice little ground much prefer it to Caley Unlike the rest of you I will be cheering on County. Amazing result to beat Celtic considering it was at Hampden 10 minutes from Parkhead .Celtics financial resources and like Leeds were Champions of Europe !
Also one in the eye for their bigoted Old Firm supporters
Hibs on 17:46 - Feb 1 with 5532 viewsterryb

Only just seen that you will be playing Ross in the final. Like last season's SC final, it is great to see other teams get this far. As, indeed it is when it happens in England!

I assume it will still be at Hampden? I have no idea how many Aberdeen can now hold.

I know an ex Ross player from over 30 years ago. He actually has Ross has his surname as well! ICT was his team though, apart from the blue part of Glasgow!
Hibs on 20:32 - Feb 1 with 5480 viewswestberksr

Got to love football fans.

Just text congratulated a mate that supports Hibs and lives up there and within one text he was moaning about the ex jambo scoring in the last minute for Rangers on Saturday rather than them getting to a final.

I suspect I'm just as miserable and sweary when he asks how we are doing, the spell check on the phone keeps putting duck and can't into my texts.
Hibs on 21:32 - Feb 1 with 5454 viewsnewgolddream

Hibs on 21:30 - Jan 31 by Konk

I still have nightmares about 2004! 38,000 Hibees through, great atmosphere before the game and then...to make it even better, I was stopping in Trinity with friends who are massive Jambos, who spent the whole evening patronising the arse out of us as the diddly team. Killie final was a cracker, though. Going to be abroad for this one - gutted to miss it. Hope you have a great time, Karl, and that Hibs bring the trophy back to ER. Can then concentrate on promotion and ending the 114 year wait for the SC!
[Post edited 31 Jan 2016 21:34]

As a Livingston fan I was at the 2004 League Cup final in Hampden. No problem getting tickets in our end. Hibs had incredible support and were favourites on the day against a very decent Livi side. Still remember the two goals in as many minutes and we nearly scored a third one shortly afterwards. It was great to see Hibs win the cup three years later.
Hibs on 22:03 - Feb 1 with 5429 viewskarl

Hibs on 17:46 - Feb 1 by terryb

Only just seen that you will be playing Ross in the final. Like last season's SC final, it is great to see other teams get this far. As, indeed it is when it happens in England!

I assume it will still be at Hampden? I have no idea how many Aberdeen can now hold.

I know an ex Ross player from over 30 years ago. He actually has Ross has his surname as well! ICT was his team though, apart from the blue part of Glasgow!

Yeah Terry definitely going ahead at Hampden, Hibs can and have recently had 30k in 2007 and 37k in 2004 whereas i seen a couple of reports that Ross County took between 15-17k to last years SC final so should make a sizeable 40-45k in the ground.
Other than the Old Firm grounds there are only Easter Road (22k), Pittodrie (21-22k) over 20k capacity so its the only option in reality.
I agree with the comment on as many teams as possible reaching cup finals and in the last 6 years there has been 9 different winners of Scottish footballs 2 knock out trophies, Ross County and Hibs aren't in this 9 so will be another to the list.
Although our League is relatively uncompetitive there has been great variety in the cups with another 5 different clubs reaching finals and losing in addition to the 9.
Hibs on 10:55 - Feb 2 with 5360 viewsKonk

Hibs on 21:32 - Feb 1 by newgolddream

As a Livingston fan I was at the 2004 League Cup final in Hampden. No problem getting tickets in our end. Hibs had incredible support and were favourites on the day against a very decent Livi side. Still remember the two goals in as many minutes and we nearly scored a third one shortly afterwards. It was great to see Hibs win the cup three years later.

I usually want the underdog to win, so I’m sure if my Dad wasn’t a Hibby, that I’d have been very happy for Livi…but as it was, I was devastated! Honestly, Hibs supporters generally expect the worse, but everyone we spoke to on the way through to Glasgow was so confident that Hibs wouldn’t co ck it up. I once ended up chatting with Allan Preston for ages in a pub after a Hibs game — he was your assistant manager then, eh? — big Jambo, so he was well chuffed to have turned Hibs over at Hampden. And spent two hours going on about it. He was a bit of a t wat, btw.

Hibs on 11:50 - Feb 4 with 5287 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

Hibs on 13:30 - Feb 4 with 5254 viewskarl

Hibs on 11:50 - Feb 4 by JonDoeman

Haha, i used to like you JD!!

Same game

Could have been (like me) watching the borefest that was Watford v Scum instead i suppose?
Hibs on 13:41 - Feb 4 with 5239 viewskarl

Actually speaking about this at the semi final with QPR friend who accompanied me to the game, it was a good even cup tie played in wind, light snow on a slick pitch. Skill levels were probably on the low side but there was plenty goalmouth action and excitement throughout the game. Trouble is young Scots who now follow 'the brand' in the EPL are deprived of this and are really viewing the modern game as Youtube clips, not the cut and thrust of 90 mins with its lulls and then burst into life.
I watched Watford v Chelsea last night and although there were brief moments of good skill it was hopeless as a game of football, from what i heard about Aberdeen v Celtic it was the opposite with edge of the seat stuff and ultimately our 'one horsed race' of a league is now down to a 3 point lead.
I know JD would be tongue in cheek with his clip and i'm not off in the huff
Hibs on 13:56 - Feb 4 with 5231 viewsKonk

I’ve a mate who lives in Haddington, who reckons most of the kids at his sons’ school support an English club, Real Madrid or Barcelona as their “proper” club, but have some loose sense of association with their family’s Scottish club. Weird. Football daft, but he can’t talk his kids or their mates into go through to Edinburgh with him to watch Hibs or Hearts (he supports neither). I’ve noticed the number of English club shirts in Edinburgh, Glasgow and beyond has gone through the roof in the past ten years or so. Depressing to think that Scotland’s gone the way of Scandinavia where people dismiss their local league/teams…not that Rangers/Celtic shirts everywhere was much of an improvement.

Hibs on 14:06 - Feb 4 with 5227 viewskarl

Hibs on 13:56 - Feb 4 by Konk

I’ve a mate who lives in Haddington, who reckons most of the kids at his sons’ school support an English club, Real Madrid or Barcelona as their “proper” club, but have some loose sense of association with their family’s Scottish club. Weird. Football daft, but he can’t talk his kids or their mates into go through to Edinburgh with him to watch Hibs or Hearts (he supports neither). I’ve noticed the number of English club shirts in Edinburgh, Glasgow and beyond has gone through the roof in the past ten years or so. Depressing to think that Scotland’s gone the way of Scandinavia where people dismiss their local league/teams…not that Rangers/Celtic shirts everywhere was much of an improvement.

Its sad Konk, i coach my sons 5-6yr old football 'team' and of the 14 who go regularly there is 1 Hibs and 1 Rangers then there are 3 Barcelona, 2 Man Utd, 1 Leeds, 1 Chelsea and 1 Man City, the rest just have generic football kit.
The Chelsea and Man City kids have worn Aberdeen tops but very rarely.
It is definitely the parents to 'blame' in this instance as they're too young to have formed their own allegiances. I've taken our kids to games and encouraged them to support Hibs (and QPR tbh) and they love it and feel part of the club, i can't imagine anyone following Utd/Barcelona will ever feel that and its a shame for them.
Hibs on 14:17 - Feb 4 with 5218 viewsKonk

It’s the same down here to a lesser degree — crowds are older, you never see groups of kids unless it’s some organised once-a-season outing. My 12 year old nephew has a season ticket at Tottenham and he’s one of about 10 kids in his school year who ever go to football. There are football mad kids at his school, 30 miles from Central London, who’ve never been to a game and have no real interest in going — they don’t understand why you’d go and get cold, pay money etc when you can watch it at home. When Barcelona win the CL, how can a “Barcelona fan” growing up in Herts even feel 1% of what my nephew feels when Tottenham turn Arsenal over? It’s a real shame.

A lot of clubs have been incredibly complacent about where the next generation or two of supporters is going to come from — not just in Scotland, but especially down here.

Hibs on 14:26 - Feb 4 with 5205 viewskarl

Posting on a QPR board about it is obviously preaching to the converted (same if it was Fulham board of course).
I do agree that English football has to be careful too its a 'big club' thing and reliance on TV for your football makes it a different game altogether
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024