Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite Alcoholic Drinks 15:09 - Jul 12 with 7034 viewsWeaverQPR

I'm a lager man myself and don't stray too far from it. Faves in no particular order

Peroni
Estrella
Desperado.

I stay well clear of Carling/Fosters will take carlsberg at a push. Don't mind the odd koppaberg fruity cider.

@WeavQPR

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 15:29 - Jul 12 with 2891 viewsDiscodroid

you beat me to estrella there mate.

have it on draft at our local tapas.

bottled castle lager is lovely but fairly hard to find
1.castle (spot on with a bbq)
2 estrella
3 moretti
4 cruz campo (bottled in the local tapas)
5 michelob (again hard to find round this way.)
6 kingtfisher (ace with a jalfrezi)

good thread

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 15:36 - Jul 12 with 2883 viewsWatford_Ranger

Old Rosie cider for me but rarely available. If not that I enjoy an Amstel.

Carling and Fosters- might as well drink my own piss.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2014 15:37]
Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 15:38 - Jul 12 with 2874 viewsWeaverQPR

also fond of Harp lager although its seems pretty rare in pubs these days.

@WeavQPR

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 15:38 - Jul 12 with 2872 viewsWeaverQPR

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 15:36 - Jul 12 by Watford_Ranger

Old Rosie cider for me but rarely available. If not that I enjoy an Amstel.

Carling and Fosters- might as well drink my own piss.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2014 15:37]

*amstel* good shout watford.

@WeavQPR

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 15:42 - Jul 12 with 2864 viewsMytch_QPR

I've become a bit of an IPA merchant of late. Brew Dog - they've got some good stuff on draft on the Goldhawk Rd.

I'm also a tad partial to the Belgian beers like Leffe.

Droid, if you're a fan of Tapas there is a very good place on the Shepherds Bush Rd (Hammersmith end). They have Estrella red and black labels, and you can hop on a bus down to The Bush so it's a good place to eat before a game. Nice to have a very cold dry sherry with Tapas (not mixed with the beer).

I also enjoy Brake Fluid (don't worry, I'm not addicted - I can stop any time)

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 15:50 - Jul 12 with 2839 viewsDiscodroid

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 15:42 - Jul 12 by Mytch_QPR

I've become a bit of an IPA merchant of late. Brew Dog - they've got some good stuff on draft on the Goldhawk Rd.

Droid, if you're a fan of Tapas there is a very good place on the Shepherds Bush Rd (Hammersmith end). They have Estrella red and black labels, and you can hop on a bus down to The Bush so it's a good place to eat before a game. Nice to have a very cold dry sherry with Tapas (not mixed with the beer).

hehehe you nutter mytch.

tell you what mate, i think i'll do that... i could live on the stuff.

is this the one?

http://www.losmolinosuk.com/

proper family run place . beats the old la tasca everytime.

in fact i think i'll drag 'er indoors to the local one tonight.

didnt know there were two types of estralla.

not to sure 'bout the sherry though, but i'll try anything once, and then for another 25+ years if i like it
[Post edited 12 Jul 2014 16:04]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 15:56 - Jul 12 with 2829 viewsloftboy

Lager for me, nothing special either 1664 or San Miguel fresca, will occasionally have a bottle of Newcastle brown ale. Hate wine and rarely drink it, once launched a one man pitch invasion after drinking a few pints of 12% Hacker at the hole in the wall before the Wimbledon home game in 1990.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 16:05 - Jul 12 with 2804 viewsDiscodroid

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 15:56 - Jul 12 by loftboy

Lager for me, nothing special either 1664 or San Miguel fresca, will occasionally have a bottle of Newcastle brown ale. Hate wine and rarely drink it, once launched a one man pitch invasion after drinking a few pints of 12% Hacker at the hole in the wall before the Wimbledon home game in 1990.

funny enough loft boy, i do love a couple of bottles of newcastle brown on the rare occasion i go to a pub on a sunday lunchtime, poured out into a half pint glass...aye, magic.

Login to get fewer ads

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 16:05 - Jul 12 with 2809 viewsMrSheen

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 15:50 - Jul 12 by Discodroid

hehehe you nutter mytch.

tell you what mate, i think i'll do that... i could live on the stuff.

is this the one?

http://www.losmolinosuk.com/

proper family run place . beats the old la tasca everytime.

in fact i think i'll drag 'er indoors to the local one tonight.

didnt know there were two types of estralla.

not to sure 'bout the sherry though, but i'll try anything once, and then for another 25+ years if i like it
[Post edited 12 Jul 2014 16:04]

Dry Sherry is the king of aperitifs. Freezing cold manzanilla with olives and salted almonds, watching the sun go do down. Three weeks today I'll be landing at Valencia Airport, then stop off at the supermarket to stock up before a few on the terrace. Can't wait.

Sherry gets a bad reputation from the days when everyone had a bottle of Bristol Cream they kept in the sideboard for five years. Treat it properly (i.e. keep it cold and drink it all the day you open it!), it's one of life's most affordable luxuries. £8 for a bottle of Tio Pepe at Waitrose is ridiculous value.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2014 16:11]
Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 16:08 - Jul 12 with 2798 viewsqpr1976

Gone off most lagers, only Peroni by bottle or Red Stripe by draught can lure me back.
Don't mind an occasional Guiness. Or an occasional Cider if the sun's out.

But mostly Red Wine these days, Malbec is my current preference.
Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 16:17 - Jul 12 with 2777 viewsAgedR

Bitter for me, although there have been some fine largess mentioned.

Until Charlie Wells bought out Youngs, with Fullers, we were fortunate to have two world class local breweries.

Youngs Special was a thing of tremendous beauty and Fullers ESB (or 'num num') as my Dad calls it, is still a fantastic pint.

The Adelaide does a pint of Hoops. It's not great, but, it's nice to have a pint named after us. Anyone know the brewer?

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 16:17 - Jul 12 with 2776 viewsFredManRave

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 16:08 - Jul 12 by qpr1976

Gone off most lagers, only Peroni by bottle or Red Stripe by draught can lure me back.
Don't mind an occasional Guiness. Or an occasional Cider if the sun's out.

But mostly Red Wine these days, Malbec is my current preference.

Lager drinker myself, favourite is probably Corona, least favourite is that weird banana tasting shite, it's just wrong.

Do enjoy the occasional red with a slab of meat, present tipple of choice is a cab sav and also enjoy the sweet whites...
[Post edited 12 Jul 2014 16:18]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 16:48 - Jul 12 with 2743 viewsDiscodroid

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 16:05 - Jul 12 by MrSheen

Dry Sherry is the king of aperitifs. Freezing cold manzanilla with olives and salted almonds, watching the sun go do down. Three weeks today I'll be landing at Valencia Airport, then stop off at the supermarket to stock up before a few on the terrace. Can't wait.

Sherry gets a bad reputation from the days when everyone had a bottle of Bristol Cream they kept in the sideboard for five years. Treat it properly (i.e. keep it cold and drink it all the day you open it!), it's one of life's most affordable luxuries. £8 for a bottle of Tio Pepe at Waitrose is ridiculous value.

will do mate, sounds like a good tip

btw did anyone try that brhama lager ?? that brazilian stuff that was on offer in the shops over the world cup..it reminded me of babys sick .orrible funny taste.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2014 16:50]

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 16:52 - Jul 12 with 2738 viewsbatmanhoop

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 16:17 - Jul 12 by AgedR

Bitter for me, although there have been some fine largess mentioned.

Until Charlie Wells bought out Youngs, with Fullers, we were fortunate to have two world class local breweries.

Youngs Special was a thing of tremendous beauty and Fullers ESB (or 'num num') as my Dad calls it, is still a fantastic pint.

The Adelaide does a pint of Hoops. It's not great, but, it's nice to have a pint named after us. Anyone know the brewer?

was weaned on Youngs, a couple of their pubs down here in Devon. Otter Ale down here is a superb pint
Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 17:09 - Jul 12 with 2704 viewsMonahoop

Guinness, only in Ireland
Bitter or pale ales when in England though there are some good macro breweries cropping up in Ireland producing some very drinkable stuff.
Proper farmhouse ciders. Armagh cider both dry and sweat is rather nice.
Wine. Red or white not fussed, but usually avoid rose.
Hate all spirits.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 19:28 - Jul 12 with 2598 viewsRed_Ranger

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 15:42 - Jul 12 by Mytch_QPR

Sherry!! Good shout.
I can't get enough of the stuff.
Manzanilla and Fino.
Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 19:30 - Jul 12 with 2595 viewsRed_Ranger

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 16:05 - Jul 12 by MrSheen

Mr Sheen, another sherry fan! Good work. Only at QPR, eh? I love this club so fkking unique.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2014 19:33]
Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 19:42 - Jul 12 with 2575 viewsLincoln_Hoop

I drink ale when I'm down in London - love a pint of Timothy Taylor Landlord. Saying that I've grown to like Tennents lager living in Scotland, but won't touch Carling/Fosters etc.
Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 20:15 - Jul 12 with 2522 viewsstuabd

I like a strong dry cider in a pub or at home, but if I could drink any drink all night I'd go for Margaritas.
Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 21:03 - Jul 12 with 2464 viewsLblock

Top thread!!

I'm just coming out the other side of an imposed booze ban following my recent health issues.
The period taught me I don't need to hoover it to the levels I was before and it also introduced me to Guinness after years of being convinced I hated the stuff. Glad to be back and a selection of my favourite tipples follow

1. Corona or Sol. Now unfortunately without the lime but previously that was a must have. Needs to be cold and I can sink these all night with contentment. The best Corona session I ever had was one evening outside Bar Liquido in Ibiza after a day where the temperature hit 37 and the paving slabs beside the harbour where still like toast at 3 am. Corona - the Daddy.

2. Sancerre Rose. I'm in amongst a bottle now. I do refrain from drinking it in pubs due to too many repressed homesexuals thinking it's hilarious.

3. Grey Goose Vodka. Simply silk but stupidly priced.

4. Cobra. Large bottle. Chicken buna and garlic naan. Job. Ferkin. Done.

5. Patron Café. Rocket fuel in a little shot glass. I'm not one for drinking these loony juices for the sake of it, just the other night a bunch of Canary Wharfs finest looked on me with indignation for refusing a triple jager bomb. Keep your dental mouthwashes but this little tequila derivative is the real deal.

6. Red Malbec. Now since the Falklands I've been anti Argie and haven't touched corned beef since but my guard has mellowed. Give me a thick steak, maybe in Gaucho's even, and add a smooth Malbec to take me to places where good things happen.

7. Mojhito. Okay, okay, okay... maybe I could be Sacha Bare Cohens "Bruno" stuntman but I'm a lover of cocktails and this one is a champion. Hard to make badly and a summer favourite. Easy drinking and get you "there" without noticing.

8. Champagne. I can hear the derision but I'm a lover of a cold glass of bubbles especially early in the day. Breakfast? In a convent 6th form mid July? With my reputation? Are they quite mad?!

9. Metropolitan. Combine numbers 3 and 8 and you have the drink to end all drinks. Wide glass and a stick to stir. Ooooh suits you Sir!

10. Casteel Kru. A classy lager but Christ it's a banger.

Honourable mentions to Guinness cold and Dissaranno (separate glasses of course).

"Work is the scourge of the drinking classes"

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 21:36 - Jul 12 with 2446 viewschris1969

Love discovering some pretty good lagers in micro breweries that are springing up. Never been a Real Ale fan but as full on middle age approaches the Lager of choice tends to be less gassy and darker in colour.

Currently drinking Franziskaner Weissbier which has a drunken monk on the label....always a good sign and it is fantastic

Meantime and Camden Lagers on tap are normally pretty good

Kovel and Grolsch Blonde are both only 4% but taste good.

As ever if the cellar and pipes are not looked after anything will taste shit.....been in one pub where the landlord knows his stuff and serves the best Carling in London.

Last point if its served in a crap glass 9/10 it will taste bad, hate paying £4.50 plus for a 'Premium' lager dished up in a pint glass from the 80s
Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 21:41 - Jul 12 with 2441 viewsHayesender

I had some Thatchers Katy the other day.

Lovely drop, and at 7.4% it hits the spot

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 21:46 - Jul 12 with 2434 viewschris1969

Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 21:41 - Jul 12 by Hayesender

I had some Thatchers Katy the other day.

Lovely drop, and at 7.4% it hits the spot

Love the 4 for £6 on Ciders, normally get a selection of the strong ones and your right they do hit the spot. Normally on a Sunday afternoon after the night before ☺
Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 21:47 - Jul 12 with 2433 viewschris1969

I think you are all Alcoholics!!
Favourite Alcoholic Drinks on 22:19 - Jul 12 with 2394 viewsNordicR

When I'm in London for Rangers I always start with a pint of Pride and then onto any ale on offer. I don't drink much at home, but when I do it's vodka/moonshine with some soda.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024