Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get on with it!!! 08:38 - Jul 8 with 4440 viewsCFW

After the Wembley game the one thing that I was really hoping for was a clear plan of players that were going to be into the team along with those who would be let go. Right after the match we were told that a plan B had been agreed, clear targets identified and all was well in the camp. Great I thought, get the players in early, start working together, all go on the pre-season tour and use that time and games to formulate the way we intend to play.

Now I appreciate we have the World Cup (but that was already known) but so far NOTHING. We are linked with every player in the world, good, bad or indifferent but NOTHING. We all know the positions that require new players and especially with the forwards they will need time to work together.

Frankly I am worried that it will be yet another transfer deadline day signing players that no one else wants for large fees and by then we will be a quarter way into the new season at the foot of the table chasing wins and the whole cycle starts again.
Get on with it!!! on 12:31 - Jul 8 with 1052 viewssimmo

Get on with it!!! on 11:34 - Jul 8 by TheBlob

I really didn't want to read any of it tbh.

There's a little picture of a man in the bottom right hand corner of this post with a red X next to him. That should help you out.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Get on with it!!! on 12:34 - Jul 8 with 1045 viewsBAWHoops

Get on with it!!! on 11:53 - Jul 8 by adhoc_qpr

Add in a left back and a box to box midfielder with some pace and that squad would do.

We can always reassess in January too.

Yun, Traore and Hill at a push can all play there.

The CM is the key position for me. Someone in the ilk of Ki from Swansea, Lansbury or Michael Bradley (not him as he's on big wages in MLS).

That would leave us with this team

Green
Simpson Rio Caulker Yun
Barton Faurlin Bradley
Phillips Hoilett
Austin

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Get on with it!!! on 12:49 - Jul 8 with 1004 viewsRangersDave

While I'm disappointed by the lack of signings so far, I take great pleasure from the thought that Remy and Adel will be back at HQ this coming season ;-)

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Get on with it!!! on 12:54 - Jul 8 with 995 viewsRangersAreBack

Some of the reactions (both for and against) are a little OTT IMHO. We were promoted via the play offs, there's the small matter of a world cup and the transfer window doesn't shut until late August. I'm all for doing business early if you do the right business. Signing the wrong players just to have them together for pre season makes little sense to me.
Get on with it!!! on 13:32 - Jul 8 with 945 viewsadhoc_qpr

Get on with it!!! on 12:34 - Jul 8 by BAWHoops

Yun, Traore and Hill at a push can all play there.

The CM is the key position for me. Someone in the ilk of Ki from Swansea, Lansbury or Michael Bradley (not him as he's on big wages in MLS).

That would leave us with this team

Green
Simpson Rio Caulker Yun
Barton Faurlin Bradley
Phillips Hoilett
Austin

Agree that signing the right CM is key to our season. Barton, Faurlin, Granero, Henry all too one paced and won't be able to support the attack.

But i also don't think Redknapp trusts Yun, Hill will get roasted at fullback and Arry look for a more experienced player.
Get on with it!!! on 13:35 - Jul 8 with 934 viewsAntti_Heinola

it's not that HR doesn't trust Yun, he just doesn't know who he is.
Christ, Henry won't be here next season will he?

Bare bones.

Get on with it!!! on 13:40 - Jul 8 with 925 viewsTheBlob

Get on with it!!! on 12:31 - Jul 8 by simmo

There's a little picture of a man in the bottom right hand corner of this post with a red X next to him. That should help you out.

Where's the fun in that?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Get on with it!!! on 13:41 - Jul 8 with 923 viewsadhoc_qpr

Get on with it!!! on 13:35 - Jul 8 by Antti_Heinola

it's not that HR doesn't trust Yun, he just doesn't know who he is.
Christ, Henry won't be here next season will he?

Well we signed Henry for £1m and i assume it wasn't a one year deal plus he hasn't been released - so yes he will!
Login to get fewer ads

Get on with it!!! on 18:00 - Jul 8 with 869 viewsCFW

Get on with it!!! on 11:17 - Jul 8 by ted_hendrix

Get on with it.

Get on with what? we missed the £11 million boat that Fulham paid way over the odds for on a certain Championship player, is that the sort of thing your talking about?

Not at all.

We have secured some excellent existing players on new contracts and have shown the door to a lot of deadwood along with players who are out of contract. My point being that IMO we only require 5 or 6 max new players and it is very obvious where we are lacking.

In the past we have waited until the very last moment signed anyone we could and hoped that we could make a team out of them and last year we did the same albeit we were in the Championship. This season is different we are in with the big boys and every game will be tough and we will need a squad of dedicated, committed players to cope with the challenges ahead.

Unlike the dark days of MH we do not need to buy a team as we have the base already but what we do need is a backbone to our side. As yet no new contract agreed for Green, no new centre back (or two), no new box to box midfield player with some pace, no new wide man and no new strikers to play alongside Charlie.

Not saying it is easy and I agree there has already been players bought in by teams for far more than they are worth the £11 million player is a complete joke but we should be further ahead than we are at the moment.
Get on with it!!! on 18:17 - Jul 8 with 848 viewskysersosaqpr

Get on with it!!! on 11:46 - Jul 8 by BAWHoops

Everyone does need to calm down.

We are in for Rio, Caulker, Sigthorsson

And were thwarted in attempts to bring in Sidwell and Bryson.

If we assume the top 3 come in and we add a midfielder plus Green, O' Neil and Zamora sign on then the squad looks like this

Green, Murphy, Simpson, Onouha, Rio, Caulker, Dunner, Hill, Yun, Henry, Barton, Faurlin, O'Neil, CM, Traore, Phillips, Hoilett, Siggy, Austin, Zamora.

That's 20

Plus who knows what will happen with Granero, Taarabt, Cesar, Remy and the young boys Donaldson, Petrasso, Sutherland

Believe it or not we aren't to far from the 25 and I don't expect sweeping changes this summer with maybe only 4-5 signings

So we could have a starting line up

Cesar
Simpson Ferdinand Caulker Traore
Phillips Barton Faurlin Taarabbt
Austen Remy

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Get on with it!!! on 18:42 - Jul 8 with 819 viewsRangersDave

Get on with it!!! on 18:17 - Jul 8 by kysersosaqpr

Cesar
Austen Remy

I hate to say it but that's a possible line up that gives my loins a warm feeling!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Get on with it!!! on 18:44 - Jul 8 with 817 viewsMerthyrHoop

Get on with it!!! on 18:17 - Jul 8 by kysersosaqpr

Cesar
Austen Remy

6 players needed for me. I would personally aim for Caulker and Ferdinand (on a reasonable wage) as centre backs, possibly this Icelandic chap from Ajax, offer Remy for Sigurdsson and Danny Rose from Tottenham, hopefully tying up a loan deal for Nabil Bentaleb, selling on Adel Taarabt and Julio Cesar for whatever we can get. Wouldn't be averse then to signing Kevin Doyle as back-up, possibly a young lower-league keeper as back-up to Rob Green

Leaves a squad of:

Green, Murphy
Simpson, Onuoha, Rose, Yun
Caulker, Dunne, Hill, Ferdinand
Barton, Bentaleb, Henry, O'Neil, Faurlin
Phillips, Granero, Hoilett, Sigurdsson, Traore
Austin, Sigthorsson, Zamora, Doyle
Get on with it!!! on 18:50 - Jul 8 with 806 viewsjamois

Well the next 3 weeks are absolutely key. We'll see whether the OP has validity by then. Unless we're trying to sign Brazilian, German, Argentine or Dutch internationals (and I can think only of Vlaar as a remote possibility) then the World Cup is now an irrelevance in terms of this transfer window. If pre-season is too much to ask for in terms of a reasonably settled 1st team squad, then it would be a lovely bit of business to have it in place by the time the season kicks off mid-August so I feel we really need to have significant wheels in motion now.

Personally I have no problem with the OP and this thread - after all the heinous mistakes we've made I think all concerns are valid. I'd certainly like to start hearing some noises on the midfield front - though I'd love a total shock announcement, making signings without the usual few weeks of will-he-won't-he preamble are as rare as hen's teeth, and that's an expression I've never written before and nor do I understand what it means.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Get on with it!!! on 19:44 - Jul 8 with 762 viewsGrifter

Get on with it!!! on 18:00 - Jul 8 by CFW

Not at all.

We have secured some excellent existing players on new contracts and have shown the door to a lot of deadwood along with players who are out of contract. My point being that IMO we only require 5 or 6 max new players and it is very obvious where we are lacking.

In the past we have waited until the very last moment signed anyone we could and hoped that we could make a team out of them and last year we did the same albeit we were in the Championship. This season is different we are in with the big boys and every game will be tough and we will need a squad of dedicated, committed players to cope with the challenges ahead.

Unlike the dark days of MH we do not need to buy a team as we have the base already but what we do need is a backbone to our side. As yet no new contract agreed for Green, no new centre back (or two), no new box to box midfield player with some pace, no new wide man and no new strikers to play alongside Charlie.

Not saying it is easy and I agree there has already been players bought in by teams for far more than they are worth the £11 million player is a complete joke but we should be further ahead than we are at the moment.

Who're the excellent existing players? Crocked Faurlin, flaky traore, or old Hill/Dunne?
Get on with it!!! on 20:38 - Jul 8 with 742 viewsbosh67

Perhaps we won't sign anyone.

If Remy stays, Cesar stays, Granero stays and Ehmer is fit and ready for CB, perhaps we don't need anyone.

That gives us this 25, with a few of the younger players given a chance.

Green, Cesar, Murphy
Simpson, Harriman, Chief, Hill, Dunne, Sendles-White, Ehmer, Yun
Phillips, Hoilett, Henry, Barton, O'Neil, Granero, Doughty, Faurlin, Traore, Petrasso, Andrade
Remy, Austin, Zamora

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Get on with it!!! on 20:48 - Jul 8 with 721 viewsCFW

Get on with it!!! on 19:44 - Jul 8 by Grifter

Who're the excellent existing players? Crocked Faurlin, flaky traore, or old Hill/Dunne?

Come on everyone was happy that Faurlin got a new contract and Traore has improved a great deal recently, is the right age and is part of the team. Hill is a great bloke but although he is a spent force he will be a good squad player next season. Dunne although slow has a lot of experience at the higher level and that showed at Wembley.
Get on with it!!! on 20:55 - Jul 8 with 715 viewsjamois

Get on with it!!! on 20:48 - Jul 8 by CFW

Come on everyone was happy that Faurlin got a new contract and Traore has improved a great deal recently, is the right age and is part of the team. Hill is a great bloke but although he is a spent force he will be a good squad player next season. Dunne although slow has a lot of experience at the higher level and that showed at Wembley.

You're right, everyone is delighted that Faurlin got a contract, but the 1yr says it all. Prove to us you're the same player. Has any player managed that after 2 cruciate injuries? I think people putting him in their CM midfield pairing with Joey and declaring everything's ok are premature at best, deluded at worst.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024