Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defender inbound ... 02:18 - Jun 7 with 10840 viewsRangerJim

According to the Mail...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2651023/Brede-Hangeland-set-jo

Warning: link contains photos of foolham kits.

100th post thankyouandgoodnight 🍺🍺
Defender inbound ... on 04:15 - Jun 7 with 7191 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

He's a monster of a man - 6 foot 6 I believe.. Apparently they released him by email, which isn't very polite! Available on a free and I'm guessing wages will be $40-50k a week? Not blown away by this but we could def do worse.

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Defender inbound ... on 04:38 - Jun 7 with 7180 viewsbarbicanranger

On a side, funny how when players join us from Fulham I think how pleased they must be to have made a step up to club like ours; a proper club. Don't feel like that for Chelsea signings, it's a step down, but Fulham yes.
Defender inbound ... on 07:59 - Jun 7 with 6939 viewsbosh67

He's a good player but Micha Richards is younger, better and faster.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Defender inbound ... on 08:45 - Jun 7 with 6820 views08olesen

No...next!

Poll: Who will the other play off

Defender inbound ... on 08:52 - Jun 7 with 6803 viewsLblock

Didn't we all agree he's too slow, cost too much in wages and on a downward spiral?!

Harrys obsession with playing Dicky Dunne every week means we need 3 pacey defenders to cover
He's not so move on

All I would say is IF wages are lowish and content to rotate behind Hill and Dunne then go for it

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Defender inbound ... on 10:45 - Jun 7 with 6503 viewsLowerloftLad

50k a week for a player who is finished at the top level no no no no

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Defender inbound ... on 10:48 - Jun 7 with 6495 viewsPommyhoop

Please H, NO!
If we sign him we really have learnt f'ck all.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Defender inbound ... on 11:14 - Jun 7 with 6422 viewsqprewan

Spoke to a Fulham mate and he said that basically he is crocked with a back problem that is not going away, please have we learnt nothing, are we really going to pay another injury prone player with no pace 50 grand a week... why ?
Login to get fewer ads

Defender inbound ... on 11:22 - Jun 7 with 6394 viewsTHEBUSH

Defender inbound ... on 11:14 - Jun 7 by qprewan

Spoke to a Fulham mate and he said that basically he is crocked with a back problem that is not going away, please have we learnt nothing, are we really going to pay another injury prone player with no pace 50 grand a week... why ?

How do you know he'll be on 50.000 a week and is the Fulham fan a medical expert ?
Defender inbound ... on 11:33 - Jun 7 with 6355 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

'Hangeland, 32, did not want to play for Fulham in the Championship and agreed to the termination of his contract at Craven Cottage, which had a year left to run, in the hope of securing a £50,000-a-week deal at QPR and avoiding having to move house.'

Are we now basically a charity that looks after the 'poor' 30-somethings of Fulham because they can't be bothered to move house? If we haven't learnt from the mistakes of the last time we were in the Premier League then we deserve every battering we get.
Defender inbound ... on 11:47 - Jun 7 with 6323 viewsqprewan

Defender inbound ... on 11:22 - Jun 7 by THEBUSH

How do you know he'll be on 50.000 a week and is the Fulham fan a medical expert ?

Er I dont and I hope that we won't its just in the article at the top of this thread, as for my mate being a medical expert, I think he is basing this on the fact that he only played 20 games last season and was out a lot with his back!
Defender inbound ... on 12:14 - Jun 7 with 6262 viewsquickpassrotter

He is well past his best. About 4 seasons ago he was at his peak and probably one of top 5 centre backs in the Prem. Then he was outstanding. He has struggled with injury over the past 2 seasons and looks like he has lost his pace. We need someone younger, faster and fitter at centre back to partner Chief imo.
Defender inbound ... on 12:44 - Jun 7 with 6192 viewsTHEBUSH

Defender inbound ... on 11:47 - Jun 7 by qprewan

Er I dont and I hope that we won't its just in the article at the top of this thread, as for my mate being a medical expert, I think he is basing this on the fact that he only played 20 games last season and was out a lot with his back!

Sorry, but imo I think he'll be a good addition to our squad.

Richard Dunne was supposedly finished, by some on here and he was MotM at Wembley, say no more !!
Defender inbound ... on 12:57 - Jun 7 with 6169 views08olesen

I would rather take my chances with Max Emher. The fact that people are even considering this transfer is a joke. This sort of transfer got us into a lot of shite last time and if we sign this bloke, they will have learnt nothing.

Go for Richards, Ashley Williams...even bassong!!! anyone who can actually run.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Defender inbound ... on 13:06 - Jun 7 with 6143 viewsPommyhoop

Defender inbound ... on 12:57 - Jun 7 by 08olesen

I would rather take my chances with Max Emher. The fact that people are even considering this transfer is a joke. This sort of transfer got us into a lot of shite last time and if we sign this bloke, they will have learnt nothing.

Go for Richards, Ashley Williams...even bassong!!! anyone who can actually run.

Exactly..
I really dont think this is true.I recon Tony has a secret'football' person whispering in his ear. The same person who made him stand his ground over Wayne Bridge.
I'm hoping anyway.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Defender inbound ... on 13:25 - Jun 7 with 6094 viewsStanisgod

Where's konk when you need him? 32 is he? Here we go again, dad's army

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Defender inbound ... on 13:40 - Jun 7 with 6053 viewscollegeranger

Foolham mate told me last night he has chronic sciatica that kept him out of the side alot last year and when he came back he wouldn't jump as he was "worried' it would set it off again!! Turned from cult hero to zero last season along with JA Riise!

Pay as you play for me at best!!
Defender inbound ... on 15:00 - Jun 7 with 5941 viewsBilly_Kershaw

Defender inbound ... on 12:44 - Jun 7 by THEBUSH

Sorry, but imo I think he'll be a good addition to our squad.

Richard Dunne was supposedly finished, by some on here and he was MotM at Wembley, say no more !!

True, but Dunne's last season was in the Championship, not the Prem.

I would be very worried if we are relying on Dunne in the Prem. And no to Hang-man!

Never use one or two words when a couple of thousand will easily do
Poll: REVISED EXPECTATIONS - Where will QPR finish this season?

Defender inbound ... on 15:15 - Jun 7 with 5910 viewsrsonist

Worst of all the players we've been linked with so far.
Defender inbound ... on 15:18 - Jun 7 with 5905 viewshoopdog

This time round he will have a rigorous medical WE HAVE LEARNED our lesson if signing Hanglan on free and he's not the only c/b we sign means we have more spend on better forwards all the better
Defender inbound ... on 15:18 - Jun 7 with 5902 viewsStantheman

Plz no. We have Richard dunne and Clint we need a younger player who will play 4 seasons or more or we'll have the same player merry go round every year ffs.
Defender inbound ... on 15:30 - Jun 7 with 5865 viewsextratimeR

If memory serves me, he had appalling game against us when we beat them at home, Adel scored?

Very very slow, turning speed of a North Sea Oil rig.

No.
Defender inbound ... on 18:36 - Jun 7 with 5658 viewsTHEBUSH

Defender inbound ... on 15:15 - Jun 7 by rsonist

Worst of all the players we've been linked with so far.

IN YOUR OPINION !!
Defender inbound ... on 18:42 - Jun 7 with 5636 viewsNorthernr

Would be a poor signing IMO. We're not lacking experience, we're not lacking height, we're not lacking heading ability and we're not lacking players who will need a personal physician to get them through a campaign.

We are lacking speed, box to box fitness, legs basically, and ability Hangeland will add nothing that we don't already have, further exacerbate existing problems, and cost a tonne as well. No different to Dunne, Hill or even Aaron Hughes.

Luckily it's only the Mail, Dave Mc who is far more reliable says they're in for Sidwell (which would make more sense) and not for Hangelaand so hopefully he's on the money as usual.
Defender inbound ... on 18:46 - Jun 7 with 5619 viewsAgedR

I think he was world class a couple of years ago.

Unfortunately there is evidence that age, fitness and form would make him a signing that would not improve our current centre halves. Personally, if we wanted a centre half from Fulham I would have stuck with Hughes and had the option of a full back back up in ho the bargain.

I'm hopeful that Ned will step up another level next season and, with Simpson we could have two out of our four defenders on the brink of international honours (I can't fathom how anyone thinks Johnson is a better than Simpson currently actually).

Ideally, I'd like someone quicker and youngerto learn from Dunne on the training ground if we are signing in that position.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2014 18:50]

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024