Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
24 hours on from that great result 18:31 - Sep 20 with 12201 viewsdgt73

Where does that result stand in scfc's history. I know the hull and reading games were more important, but I think last night was a special night in our history.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

24 hours on from that great result on 14:35 - Sep 21 with 2006 viewsVetchitBack

I used to be proud that Premier League culture (big bucks, celebrity players, soulless US-style all-seaters) hadn't impinged on my club. My father was primarily a Man Utd fan and I couldn't get over the atmosphere (or lack thereof) at Old Trafford. I came away glad we weren't like that. A brand not a football club that lacked identity, passion and any sense of community.

So - I much preferred standing on the North Bank with an attendance of 3500 or even 1500.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

24 hours on from that great result on 14:39 - Sep 21 with 1987 viewsexiledclaseboy

I can imagine it being up there with the best away trips, probably even the best for those who were there. Hell, it was a great game to watch even from my armchair. Anyone who supports Swansea who tries to decry what we achieved on Thursday is off the mark. So a great result in our history without doubt, but the best/biggest/most important result? Nowhere near.

Poll: Tory leader

24 hours on from that great result on 14:40 - Sep 21 with 1980 viewsdgt73

24 hours on from that great result on 14:24 - Sep 21 by Darran

How is it pathetic if it's true you're actually agreeing with me.

We've gained many new fans over the last few years through our success and if it ever went pear shaped we'd lose many too.
It's the nature of the game.

That goes for probably 99% of clubs ffs the hull game was 10 yrs ago. The cubs needs new fans and who wants to go back to the shit days of lower division football people are attracted to success not a new phenomena. And people going on about the hull game reminds me of uncle Albert in only fool's and horse's during the war

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

24 hours on from that great result on 14:41 - Sep 21 with 1970 viewsDarran

24 hours on from that great result on 14:40 - Sep 21 by dgt73

That goes for probably 99% of clubs ffs the hull game was 10 yrs ago. The cubs needs new fans and who wants to go back to the shit days of lower division football people are attracted to success not a new phenomena. And people going on about the hull game reminds me of uncle Albert in only fool's and horse's during the war

Yeah it does and I didn't bring it up either.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

24 hours on from that great result on 14:44 - Sep 21 with 1959 viewsDarran

24 hours on from that great result on 14:39 - Sep 21 by exiledclaseboy

I can imagine it being up there with the best away trips, probably even the best for those who were there. Hell, it was a great game to watch even from my armchair. Anyone who supports Swansea who tries to decry what we achieved on Thursday is off the mark. So a great result in our history without doubt, but the best/biggest/most important result? Nowhere near.

Drinking beautiful beer with wonderful friends in delightful weather watching our fantastic team get an awesome result with a lush performance.

But still nowhere near the best/biggest/most important result ever.

24 hours on from that great result on 14:45 - Sep 21 with 1954 viewsSpratty

24 hours on from that great result on 14:04 - Sep 21 by Darran

Half the f*ckers that went to Valencia didn't know who we were when we played Hull.

Where were you in 1912 - fekking lightweight.

Call yourself a Jack - how many have you personally retrieved from the Tawe?

On a positive note - website nice and busy now we all have something to disagree on

Living the dream with Swansea City since 19th Sept 2013
(co-incidentally managed to catch them whilst on a mini break to Valencia)
24 hours on from that great result on 14:47 - Sep 21 with 1948 viewsexiledclaseboy

I'm fairly sure that's pretty much exactly what I said.

Biggest night in our history I just read on this thread. Mental.

Poll: Tory leader

24 hours on from that great result on 14:51 - Sep 21 with 1939 viewsDarran

24 hours on from that great result on 14:47 - Sep 21 by exiledclaseboy

I'm fairly sure that's pretty much exactly what I said.

Biggest night in our history I just read on this thread. Mental.

I was agreeing with you don't be rude.

Someone also reckons they can't ever remember a British club dominating a European away game to such an extent.
Ever mind.

Login to get fewer ads

24 hours on from that great result on 14:58 - Sep 21 with 1920 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Half the f*ckers that went to Valencia didn't know who we were when we played Hull.

I think you implied that "half the f*ckers who went to the Valencia game" were somehow less worthy, maybe because they weren't at the Hull Game Darran. That's how I read it

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

24 hours on from that great result on 15:01 - Sep 21 with 1907 viewsDr_Winston

24 hours on from that great result on 14:58 - Sep 21 by Brynmill_Jack

I think you implied that "half the f*ckers who went to the Valencia game" were somehow less worthy, maybe because they weren't at the Hull Game Darran. That's how I read it

If they weren't in Valencia and at the 6-0 win over Brentford then they're no kind of Jack at all.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

24 hours on from that great result on 15:02 - Sep 21 with 1904 viewsDarran

24 hours on from that great result on 14:58 - Sep 21 by Brynmill_Jack

Eh no 1983 said that everyone in Valencia was also at the Hull game and that of course is complete bollox,first of all many of them weren't and secondly he wouldn't f*cking know if they were anyway.

24 hours on from that great result on 15:03 - Sep 21 with 1898 viewsDarran

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=123525&sid=15800223fe307e9

24 hours on from that great result on 15:17 - Sep 21 with 1859 viewsPhil_S

A fantastic away trip - brilliant two days in Valencia, enjoyed every minute of it

Massively proud at the way we beat the side - whether you think they are on the wain or not we absolutely tore them a new arsehole or two.

Proud of each and every Jack for the atmosphere we added to in the Mestalla and in the city beforehand.

Would love to do it every week. A significant moment in our history - make no doubt.
24 hours on from that great result on 15:24 - Sep 21 with 1849 viewsSpratty

24 hours on from that great result on 15:02 - Sep 21 by Darran

Eh no 1983 said that everyone in Valencia was also at the Hull game and that of course is complete bollox,first of all many of them weren't and secondly he wouldn't f*cking know if they were anyway.

"1983 said that everyone in Valencia was also at the Hull game and that of course is complete bollox"
-------------------------------------

Was that a direct quote

You may have approximated that from the actual words but it was obvious that was not what was meant.

Yea Jason Scotland scored
24 hours on from that great result on 15:42 - Sep 21 with 1831 viewsjackonicko

Some people on here appear to be (deliberately?) confusing 'big' and 'important'.

Beating a recent champions league finalist so comprehensively, on their own patch, in a competitive European fixture is a 'big' result, in a 'big' game, under any definition. Probably the 'biggest' in our history.

Most important? Course not. Probably not even in the top 10.

But bloody hell I was glad I was there.
24 hours on from that great result on 17:03 - Sep 21 with 1788 viewsUxbridge

24 hours on from that great result on 15:42 - Sep 21 by jackonicko

Some people on here appear to be (deliberately?) confusing 'big' and 'important'.

Beating a recent champions league finalist so comprehensively, on their own patch, in a competitive European fixture is a 'big' result, in a 'big' game, under any definition. Probably the 'biggest' in our history.

Most important? Course not. Probably not even in the top 10.

But bloody hell I was glad I was there.

Spot on. Those deriding Thursday's game are the ones who weren't in Valencia for whatever reason. Funny that.

In terms of significance in the footballing world I doubt there's been a bigger result in our history. Hell, in terms of British club results away from home there aren't many which could top that. Can't understand the mentality of anyone who would try to belittle that by twisting the argument.

Not sure best away trip ever though. Malmo and Copenhagen were pretty special. Terrible competition this ...

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

24 hours on from that great result on 17:05 - Sep 21 with 1776 viewspencoedjack

I was at Hull amassed 60 plus away grounds following the Swans.

Thursday night was up there in my most memorable days with the Swans .... but not the most important.

Those that were there at Hull, Barnet York etc probably were pinching themselves like me, wondering how the fuk are we playing in the Mestalla in a European game.

STID
24 hours on from that great result on 17:07 - Sep 21 with 1765 views1983

I can feel your bitterness from here Darran

You just can't say it can you?...well done boys you lucky b@stards wish I was out there with you all enjoying football & fun in the sun watching Swansea stuff Valencia

Nevermind show us a picture of one of your hilarious shirts

24 hours on from that great result on 17:13 - Sep 21 with 1753 viewsDarran

24 hours on from that great result on 17:07 - Sep 21 by 1983

I can feel your bitterness from here Darran

You just can't say it can you?...well done boys you lucky b@stards wish I was out there with you all enjoying football & fun in the sun watching Swansea stuff Valencia

Nevermind show us a picture of one of your hilarious shirts

Well I could have sworn I had said it but if you want to ignore it you carry on.

24 hours on from that great result on 17:28 - Sep 21 with 1732 viewsTycoch_Tyrant

Personally I'm reserving judgement on whether this is one of the biggest/most important victories in our history until the end of the season - if/when we get through to the knockout stages I'm sure each successive round will be of higher importance, particularly when you look at the knocked-out CL teams we could run up against!
24 hours on from that great result on 17:38 - Sep 21 with 1721 viewsDarran

24 hours on from that great result on 17:28 - Sep 21 by Tycoch_Tyrant

Personally I'm reserving judgement on whether this is one of the biggest/most important victories in our history until the end of the season - if/when we get through to the knockout stages I'm sure each successive round will be of higher importance, particularly when you look at the knocked-out CL teams we could run up against!

Exactly surely the game when we actually qualify for the next stage will be bigger than the Valencia game.

24 hours on from that great result on 17:41 - Sep 21 with 1709 viewsUxbridge

24 hours on from that great result on 17:38 - Sep 21 by Darran

Exactly surely the game when we actually qualify for the next stage will be bigger than the Valencia game.

Some would say knocking over the highest seeded team in the competition in their own back yard might be the thing that puts us in a remarkable position in terms of qualification.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

24 hours on from that great result on 17:43 - Sep 21 with 1687 viewsPhil_S

24 hours on from that great result on 17:41 - Sep 21 by Uxbridge

Some would say knocking over the highest seeded team in the competition in their own back yard might be the thing that puts us in a remarkable position in terms of qualification.

yes but in four years time we may beat Manchester United in the Champions League so you cant say that in case the other happens.

As I said before what a trip and nobody should underestimate the significance of the result
24 hours on from that great result on 17:45 - Sep 21 with 1677 viewsDarran

24 hours on from that great result on 17:41 - Sep 21 by Uxbridge

I'm not disagreeing with that.

24 hours on from that great result on 17:48 - Sep 21 with 1666 viewsPozuelosSideys

Oh behave. It was a great result and a fantastic trip no doubt. But Valencia were fcking awful. We didnt get out of 3rd gear. Lets see how we go in Switzerland and Russia first.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024