Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC 11:04 - Oct 15 with 39066 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

I know very early in the week…..but planning to attack Pompey from the whistle takes mental planning just as Spike Milligan had to deal with his mental struggles in his “Where have all the bullets gone?” brilliant read. Being a QPR supporter has recently (again) been mentally challenging too, but we will overcome this temporary phase and go onto better things, like Spike did 👍👍👍

And yes, it is 754pm in Aus- not touched a drop. So the paragraph above is written with a clear mind, whether it makes sense or not. 😀😀

A 2 1 win for us. Dembele with a bullet pile driver and Frey with a bullet header.

DonnieR

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 11:46 - Oct 16 with 3065 viewsRangersw12

I would be starting Chair to give the crowd a lift if nothing else

After Derby he can't start Madsen or Anderson

Going for a positive 3-1 win
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 12:34 - Oct 16 with 3011 viewsTomS

It's a series of firsts:

I'm flying over for my first game of the season.

It will be our first 3pm Saturday start for a home match this season.

I'm predicting that Chair will start for the first time this season and will run the game.

We will win a home match for the first time this season.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 13:15 - Oct 16 with 2942 viewsNed_Kennedys

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 19:56 - Oct 15 by joe90

Can you imagine Dozzell and Madsen on the same pitch!

Madsen is levels above Dozzell and I’m sure will improve.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 13:19 - Oct 16 with 2936 viewsLblock

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 11:37 - Oct 16 by PBLOCK

Lads don’t worry my sister is coming

She’s only ever been once before and we won she though Mikkel Beck had nice legs

3-1 Rangers

I'm having to stop myself here.......

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 15:26 - Oct 16 with 2819 viewsWadR

Looking at the online ticket portal - looks close to a sell out, even the lower school end seems to be selling well.

Think it shows any drop off in attendance this season compared to end of last season can be attributed to Sky and their nonsense kick off times.

Hopefully a 3pm with 16k QPR fans helps the atmosphere and the players
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 15:59 - Oct 16 with 2786 viewscolinallcars

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 11:37 - Oct 16 by PBLOCK

Lads don’t worry my sister is coming

She’s only ever been once before and we won she though Mikkel Beck had nice legs

3-1 Rangers

That'll do nicely matey !
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 16:13 - Oct 16 with 2755 viewsTheChef

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 15:26 - Oct 16 by WadR

Looking at the online ticket portal - looks close to a sell out, even the lower school end seems to be selling well.

Think it shows any drop off in attendance this season compared to end of last season can be attributed to Sky and their nonsense kick off times.

Hopefully a 3pm with 16k QPR fans helps the atmosphere and the players

Hopefully getting back one or both of JCS and Colback will also help.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 16:21 - Oct 16 with 2735 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Before the WBA game back in August, my son and I decided we would only go to the pub after a home game if QPR won. Well here we are in bloody mid October and no pint yet.

Please, please just any scrappy win will do. I'm so thirsty.

2-0 Rangers. A banger from Madsen to shut us all up. If he plays.
Login to get fewer ads

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 23:22 - Oct 16 with 2487 viewsnumptydumpty

First XI

NARDI

PAAL JCS COOK DUNNE

FIELD COLBACK

SAITO CHAIR DEMBELE

FREY

SUBS

WALSH FOX ASHBY MADSEN ANDERSEN EDB SMYTH LLOYD CELAR

Hopefully JCS COLBACK and CHAIR all fit enough to start
[Post edited 16 Oct 23:24]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 03:26 - Oct 17 with 2407 viewsstainrods_elbow

Upsetting a thought as it is, the more I look at our first XI, the more I smell relegation.

Could anyone remind me where the goals are supposed to be coming from?

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 05:17 - Oct 17 with 2398 viewsFDC

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 03:26 - Oct 17 by stainrods_elbow

Upsetting a thought as it is, the more I look at our first XI, the more I smell relegation.

Could anyone remind me where the goals are supposed to be coming from?

The little guys feeding the big guy. I don't think this is the issue per se, our big problem at the moment is a dysfunctional "pivot", we aren't able to transition from defense to attack, to get that part of the team into position in threatening areas.

I really believed Madsen was going to be instrumental in this way. As has been rehearsed repeatedly, Colback's absence has highlighted the importance of having some dynamism in that central midfield. Which isn't to say he's an outstanding player, but that currently no one else is providing the transition up the pitch.
[Post edited 17 Oct 5:19]
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 06:18 - Oct 17 with 2372 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 16:21 - Oct 16 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Before the WBA game back in August, my son and I decided we would only go to the pub after a home game if QPR won. Well here we are in bloody mid October and no pint yet.

Please, please just any scrappy win will do. I'm so thirsty.

2-0 Rangers. A banger from Madsen to shut us all up. If he plays.

Its almost as if your liver and QPR have got together on this one.

Avoid cirrhosis, follow QPR!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 10:31 - Oct 17 with 2176 viewsjoe90

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 13:15 - Oct 16 by Ned_Kennedys

Madsen is levels above Dozzell and I’m sure will improve.

I've seen nothing to suggest that will be the case, but I hope you're right!
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 11:56 - Oct 17 with 2128 viewsTomS

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 06:18 - Oct 17 by PlanetHonneywood

Its almost as if your liver and QPR have got together on this one.

Avoid cirrhosis, follow QPR!

Oh I dunno. Some people will adopt the attitude that they can't be expected to watch that rubbish sober.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 15:26 - Oct 17 with 1935 viewskensalriser

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 11:46 - Oct 16 by Rangersw12

I would be starting Chair to give the crowd a lift if nothing else

After Derby he can't start Madsen or Anderson

Going for a positive 3-1 win

So...a Chair lift then?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 22:54 - Oct 17 with 1631 viewsstainrods_elbow

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 15:26 - Oct 17 by kensalriser

So...a Chair lift then?

Agree that Chair needs to start and play his way back to fitness if he has to.

Also concur that neither Andersen nor Madsen deserve starting berths.

Nardi
Dunne Cooke JCS Paal
Field Colback
Smyth Chair* Saito
Frey

* Dembele when he tires
[Post edited 17 Oct 22:56]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 23:15 - Oct 17 with 1614 viewsHunterhoop

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 05:17 - Oct 17 by FDC

The little guys feeding the big guy. I don't think this is the issue per se, our big problem at the moment is a dysfunctional "pivot", we aren't able to transition from defense to attack, to get that part of the team into position in threatening areas.

I really believed Madsen was going to be instrumental in this way. As has been rehearsed repeatedly, Colback's absence has highlighted the importance of having some dynamism in that central midfield. Which isn't to say he's an outstanding player, but that currently no one else is providing the transition up the pitch.
[Post edited 17 Oct 5:19]

All due respect, FDC, the brilliant analysis by Andrew Scherer indicates that progressing the ball forward and creating chances isn’t THE issue. It’s not great but it is not much different from under Cifuentes last year, save for the fact loads of our shots are getting blocked.

The issue is we’re conceding lots of goals and chances. And why? Because we make a very low number of tackles across the board, but the big difference from last year is in central midfield.

This conceding of goals is what is probably driving the increase of blocked shots, because the oppo are winning, defending a lead, and have more men behind the ball.

Make more tackles, concede fewer chances and goals, don’t be behind for as long, and we’ll score more, because there will be more space in that final third.

The issue is we’re soft and not making anywhere near enough tackles (or fouls). Game after game the oppo make more tackles than us.

On that basis you have to drop Madsen and Andersen. You need to play Colback and Varane, with Field.

A few strong challenges early at home also get the crowd into it.
[Post edited 18 Oct 8:07]
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 05:55 - Oct 18 with 1534 viewsFDC

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 23:15 - Oct 17 by Hunterhoop

All due respect, FDC, the brilliant analysis by Andrew Scherer indicates that progressing the ball forward and creating chances isn’t THE issue. It’s not great but it is not much different from under Cifuentes last year, save for the fact loads of our shots are getting blocked.

The issue is we’re conceding lots of goals and chances. And why? Because we make a very low number of tackles across the board, but the big difference from last year is in central midfield.

This conceding of goals is what is probably driving the increase of blocked shots, because the oppo are winning, defending a lead, and have more men behind the ball.

Make more tackles, concede fewer chances and goals, don’t be behind for as long, and we’ll score more, because there will be more space in that final third.

The issue is we’re soft and not making anywhere near enough tackles (or fouls). Game after game the oppo make more tackles than us.

On that basis you have to drop Madsen and Andersen. You need to play Colback and Varane, with Field.

A few strong challenges early at home also get the crowd into it.
[Post edited 18 Oct 8:07]

Fair enough, I thought that was an excellent, illuminating piece too. Even when not behind in the games though I do think we get the ball forward much too slowly. Even if teams aren't defending a lead it is very easy for them to defend against us because we never stretch them with quick movement of the ball.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 08:40 - Oct 18 with 1454 viewsMetallica_Hoop

2-1 Rangers

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 10:55 - Oct 18 with 1366 viewsHayesender

I see the game is close to a sellout. What a novel idea having a game at the proper kick off time

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 14:41 - Oct 18 with 1219 viewsRangersw12

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-midfielder-sidelined-by-knee-injury?utm_

No Colback
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 15:03 - Oct 18 with 1189 viewsLoyalitat

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 14:41 - Oct 18 by Rangersw12

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-midfielder-sidelined-by-knee-injury?utm_

No Colback

Wonderful.

So Madsen, as one of the cast of the powder-puff, light-weight brigade, is likely to start again. Other light-weight cast members, in my opinion: Andersen, Dembele, Saito and Smyth. Smyth being the most resilient of them.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 15:16 - Oct 18 with 1137 viewsWokingR

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 15:03 - Oct 18 by Loyalitat

Wonderful.

So Madsen, as one of the cast of the powder-puff, light-weight brigade, is likely to start again. Other light-weight cast members, in my opinion: Andersen, Dembele, Saito and Smyth. Smyth being the most resilient of them.

I'd prefer Varane to Madsen any day.
At least he's got a tackle in him. (Stop sniggering)
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 15:35 - Oct 18 with 1111 viewsdmm

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 15:16 - Oct 18 by WokingR

I'd prefer Varane to Madsen any day.
At least he's got a tackle in him. (Stop sniggering)

I think Varane serves his 3rd and final match suspension tomorrow.
Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 15:40 - Oct 18 with 1074 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Our Pomp and Ceremony - Match thread vs PFC on 05:55 - Oct 18 by FDC

Fair enough, I thought that was an excellent, illuminating piece too. Even when not behind in the games though I do think we get the ball forward much too slowly. Even if teams aren't defending a lead it is very easy for them to defend against us because we never stretch them with quick movement of the ball.

Agree with you and with Hunter.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024