Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gallen Speaks 14:31 - Oct 8 with 19812 viewsGaryHaddock

Gallen Speaks on 06:34 - Oct 18 with 2292 viewsQPROslo

Gallen Speaks on 06:14 - Oct 18 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Clearly can't play central defence, that has been pretty obvious last month. Is targeted as a right back due to his lack of pace and turning circle of an oil tanker.
Offers no attacking threat or support down the right (bar the Birmingham goal!).

Great attitude, but not good enough.

In a team with so many short players we need Dunne for his aerial strength. In fact he is the the best in the air that we have and one of the best in the Championship. Unless we are up against a side with an exceptionally quick and technical winger I think he should/will be our pretty regular RB.
Gallen Speaks on 06:59 - Oct 18 with 2256 viewsWestonsuperR

Gallen Speaks on 19:41 - Oct 17 by kensalriser

The average of all those finishing positions is just over 15, so it's pretty close and indicates the 16th meme has emerged for a good reason.

I’m not sure an average works, that’s like is finishing 21st, 21st 11th and 11th and suggesting we always finish 16th because that is the average! Reality is only finished 16th once (not even 15th or 17th), I suggest (haven’t checked) we have spent a fair bit of time there during the season though.
Gallen Speaks on 12:39 - Oct 18 with 2012 viewsBklynRanger

Gallen Speaks on 22:05 - Oct 17 by daveB

I found his interview a bit worrying as well, questions about what our style of play is are fair at the moment as we've been rubbish all season, i thought his answer to that was a bit patronising

Made me wonder if he was completely clear it was being recorded and that it would be replayed.

He didn't come across, in that short time, as his ideal, in-front-of-camera self. I didn't think so anyway.

Plus I'm sure Clive is fcuking fuming - can't even get that off him! :)
Gallen Speaks on 12:48 - Oct 18 with 1987 viewsNorthernr

Gallen Speaks on 12:39 - Oct 18 by BklynRanger

Made me wonder if he was completely clear it was being recorded and that it would be replayed.

He didn't come across, in that short time, as his ideal, in-front-of-camera self. I didn't think so anyway.

Plus I'm sure Clive is fcuking fuming - can't even get that off him! :)

I know! At least I know where I stand.

I was gonna ask for Andy Sinton for a Christmas special pod, do you reckon I'll get it?
Gallen Speaks on 12:54 - Oct 18 with 1953 viewsthame_hoops

Refreshing to hear KG talk about football and not about going on benders !
Gallen Speaks on 13:11 - Oct 18 with 1855 viewsstainrods_elbow

Gallen Speaks on 12:48 - Oct 18 by Northernr

I was gonna ask for Andy Sinton for a Christmas special pod, do you reckon I'll get it?

We're onlookers (and occasional side-swipers), mate. The main reason that we're always being told how special we are is because we don't really matter to pros/arrivistes like Nourry, Sinton and Cifuentes - it's a textbook case of psychological over-compensation. Just carry on entertaining yourself and this board with the writing in the meantime. Best get used to it.
[Post edited 18 Oct 13:13]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Gallen Speaks on 15:09 - Oct 18 with 1623 viewskensalriser

Gallen Speaks on 06:59 - Oct 18 by WestonsuperR

I’m not sure an average works, that’s like is finishing 21st, 21st 11th and 11th and suggesting we always finish 16th because that is the average! Reality is only finished 16th once (not even 15th or 17th), I suggest (haven’t checked) we have spent a fair bit of time there during the season though.

Er, that's exactly how it works. We've finished between 9th and 20th and more often than not towards the lower end of that range.

Guess the median of those finishes. Yep, 16th. The mode is 18th.

All of which says we're usually languishing around two thirds of the way down the table. Or 16th for short.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Gallen Speaks on 15:11 - Oct 18 with 1620 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Gallen Speaks on 13:11 - Oct 18 by stainrods_elbow

We're onlookers (and occasional side-swipers), mate. The main reason that we're always being told how special we are is because we don't really matter to pros/arrivistes like Nourry, Sinton and Cifuentes - it's a textbook case of psychological over-compensation. Just carry on entertaining yourself and this board with the writing in the meantime. Best get used to it.
[Post edited 18 Oct 13:13]

Oh now Andy Sinton is being thrown onto your 'I hate everyone that has anything to do with QPR, no matter what they do' bandwagon?

At least that helps remove any last little doubt as to the validity of your opinions I guess. Cheers.
[Post edited 18 Oct 15:11]
Login to get fewer ads

Gallen Speaks on 17:13 - Oct 18 with 1405 viewsBklynRanger

Gallen Speaks on 12:48 - Oct 18 by Northernr

I'd say an appropriate, non-cash sweetener wouldn't be a bad idea under the circumstances.

Andy looks like he appreciates a nice bit of black pudding.
Gallen Speaks on 17:33 - Oct 18 with 1341 viewsGus_iom

Gallen Speaks on 17:13 - Oct 18 by BklynRanger

I'd say an appropriate, non-cash sweetener wouldn't be a bad idea under the circumstances.

Andy looks like he appreciates a nice bit of black pudding.

He looks like the type of man who'd appreciate a scented pelargonium to me.
Gallen Speaks on 18:31 - Oct 18 with 1217 viewsstainrods_elbow

Gallen Speaks on 15:11 - Oct 18 by Padulas_Shampoo

Oh now Andy Sinton is being thrown onto your 'I hate everyone that has anything to do with QPR, no matter what they do' bandwagon?

At least that helps remove any last little doubt as to the validity of your opinions I guess. Cheers.
[Post edited 18 Oct 15:11]

O, go shampoo your hair or whatever else you do! My opinions are as valid as yours. I'm making a general point about the negligible importance of fans in the scheme of things, a thesis widely reshearsed in portions of the media (do you read occasionally?), so run along and distort someone else, there's a good barnet!

Gallen Speaks on 18:45 - Oct 18 with 1189 viewsNorthernr

Gallen Speaks on 18:31 - Oct 18 by stainrods_elbow

O, go shampoo your hair or whatever else you do! My opinions are as valid as yours. I'm making a general point about the negligible importance of fans in the scheme of things, a thesis widely reshearsed in portions of the media (do you read occasionally?), so run along and distort someone else, there's a good barnet!

Andy Sinton is a fcking saint though, you're wrong there.
Gallen Speaks on 19:10 - Oct 18 with 1129 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Gallen Speaks on 18:31 - Oct 18 by stainrods_elbow

Yes, I do read. But after almost every one of your posts I find myself wishing I couldn’t. Congrats.
Gallen Speaks on 19:15 - Oct 18 with 1113 viewsLazyFan

Gallen Speaks on 19:41 - Oct 17 by kensalriser

The average of all those finishing positions is just over 15, so it's pretty close and indicates the 16th meme has emerged for a good reason.

This.

I think it comes from the last third of the season, whereby we see QPR hang around the 16th spot, going up and down around it but often hitting that spot when the final third of a season plays out and over those many seasons.

So, people basically see us at 16th many times over many seasons.

Then, as we know, a couple of losses or win in the champ, and you are no longer near 16th when the season finishes. But for the majority, you could be at many stages of the season at 16th, especially as the games are all over the week with teams changing positions all the time.

BTW
If we win tomorrow, we could be on the 17th and the week after on the 16th (as others will win, too, by then).
So, the 16th position feeling I think is very real and based upon actuals at the time.

zzzzzzzzzz

Gallen Speaks on 19:15 - Oct 18 with 1115 viewsGaryHaddock

Gallen Speaks on 17:33 - Oct 18 by Gus_iom

He looks like the type of man who'd appreciate a scented pelargonium to me.

I’ve just smelt mine after a run, and it’s scented all right!
Gallen Speaks on 20:24 - Oct 18 with 1030 viewsDiscodroids

A Number One.

Gallen Speaks on 20:51 - Oct 18 with 989 viewsRangersw12

Gallen Speaks on 20:24 - Oct 18 by Discodroids

Legends đź’™
Gallen Speaks on 21:06 - Oct 18 with 951 viewsDiscodroids

Gallen Speaks on 20:51 - Oct 18 by Rangersw12

Legends đź’™

Just look at them.. the bond... Earth, Wind and Fire..

The best QPR trio since the 12th of Never.

I'd place my hampton between two B&Q sanding blocks to see those 3 legends back in the blue and white hoops.

The 3 of them still look fit enough to play pro football now.

As for me, I couldn't deadlift a Ker-plunk stick these days.

Ursssss.
[Post edited 18 Oct 21:07]

A Number One.

Gallen Speaks on 21:17 - Oct 18 with 926 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I mean they're all cool, but seriously...Rowlands is one cool Mother.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Gallen Speaks on 22:42 - Oct 18 with 826 viewsPunteR

Gallen Speaks on 20:24 - Oct 18 by Discodroids

They know how to play football in this league.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Gallen Speaks on 23:19 - Oct 18 with 777 viewsstainrods_elbow

Gallen Speaks on 19:10 - Oct 18 by Padulas_Shampoo

Yes, I do read. But after almost every one of your posts I find myself wishing I couldn’t. Congrats.

Good, good. I like my posts, and so do at least some others here, because they write and say so.

Maybe take up Dostoevsky or a bit of Shakespeare if you're getting triggered, sweetie? Or maybe knitting.
[Post edited 18 Oct 23:22]

Gallen Speaks on 23:37 - Oct 18 with 750 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Gallen Speaks on 23:19 - Oct 18 by stainrods_elbow

Good, good. I like my posts, and so do at least some others here, because they write and say so.

Maybe take up Dostoevsky or a bit of Shakespeare if you're getting triggered, sweetie? Or maybe knitting.
[Post edited 18 Oct 23:22]

Super. I’m just giving you my opinion too. You love opinions after all.
Gallen Speaks on 07:22 - Oct 19 with 548 viewsGus_iom

Gallen Speaks on 19:15 - Oct 18 by GaryHaddock

I’ve just smelt mine after a run, and it’s scented all right!

Thanks for sharing.
Gallen Speaks on 09:50 - Oct 19 with 385 viewsconnell10

Gallen Speaks on 14:36 - Oct 10 by Northernr

On this Championship experience point I would just add a couple of things...

1 - It wasn't altogether unreasonable for them to think that with Cook, Dunne, Clarke-Salter, Fox, Colback, Field and Chair there was already a good amount of that bedrock in the building to build on. Not up front of course, and a couple of those have very questionable attendance records, but still I think they've been unlucky to lose three of those right down the spine of the team while they're trying to bed these inexperienced players in.

2 - We are a bit of a Goldilocks as a support base. We sign a load of trendy analytics boys from Europe (Hasselbaink, Cifuentes) and we all have a bitch and moan about Championship experience. We sign a load of older heads (McClaren, Ainsworth) and we talk about needing more youth and pace. We shop in the lower leagues (Holloway) and say we need Premier League quality and when we do that (McClaren) we ask why we're not scouting the lower leagues. I guess the two things you could maybe take from it are our balance is never right, we go all in on an idea for a short period of time. Or wherever we shop we buy crap players, in which case who's identifying these players and why?

As Gallen says its a results business... if one of your listed strategies had a modicum of success then I think on the whole the fan base would be satisfied. We are just so starved of success, I think our fans have been brilliant over the last few years putting up with some of the shite served up.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024