Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread 21:54 - Oct 2 with 10358 viewsModeratorC

In the blink of an eye Tom brings his cannons to south Wales, the man Leeds are now stating they wanted to sign, like a Michu to West Ham. The Potters are coming and not one of them is called Graham.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63097/swansea-city-v-sto

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63101/swansea-city-two-h

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63102

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63104/chance-after-chanc

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 14:38 - Oct 5 with 1933 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 14:14 - Oct 5 by union_jack

It’s in Phil’s site but don’t know where they got it from.

They have to put the team out 60 mins before ko.

If it’s right, Grimes starts😳😂

We get ours from Reuters, I will talk with our link there and get some answers.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 14:39 - Oct 5 with 1925 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 14:38 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

We get ours from Reuters, I will talk with our link there and get some answers.

No real surprises in the team. Still no fresh faces on the bench.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 14:54 - Oct 5 with 1853 viewsKeithHaynes

Is there any more than 9k in there ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 15:34 - Oct 5 with 1714 viewsonehunglow

No streams!

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 15:52 - Oct 5 with 1614 viewsunion_jack

It’s got ‘one of those days’ about it. It looks like we could play until midnight and not score.

Not a bad performance all round. Vipi a little slow to pounce and Ronald a bit of a mixed performance. Still hasn’t really beaten his man.

Eom excellent. Deserved a goal at the end.

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 15:54 - Oct 5 with 1599 viewsAnotherJohn

I'd put this down as an encouraging performance, but one that again illustrates that our striker problem remains. We've seen before that Ronald is not a clinical finisher and so it proved again today with two or three good opportunities wasted. Eom was unlucky with his shot against the bar, but one gets the sense that we could be playing for a long while before a goal comes. Sadly, we always have a mistake in us, so we can't even be confident of a clean sheet in what is a pretty one-sided game.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 15:55 - Oct 5 with 1578 viewsonehunglow

Laid my tenner but no “live” action

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 15:57 - Oct 5 with 1566 viewsunion_jack

Have had to put comms off on SwansTV as it’s out of sync again. Very annoying.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 15:58 - Oct 5 with 1545 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 15:55 - Oct 5 by onehunglow

I’m getting the stream but out of sync. Send them an email.

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 16:22 - Oct 5 with 1453 viewsswan65split

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 15:52 - Oct 5 by union_jack

It’s got ‘one of those days’ about it. It looks like we could play until midnight and not score.

Not a bad performance all round. Vipi a little slow to pounce and Ronald a bit of a mixed performance. Still hasn’t really beaten his man.

Eom excellent. Deserved a goal at the end.

agree old Ronald needs to up it, Oli outstanding
Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 16:26 - Oct 5 with 1442 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 15:55 - Oct 5 by onehunglow

Club site stated it was only available outside the UK.

Started on time this time, but the audio is about 1 second in front of the video.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 16:35 - Oct 5 with 1405 viewsswan65split

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 16:22 - Oct 5 by swan65split

agree old Ronald needs to up it, Oli outstanding

he takes himm off!!1!
triple change...zero points now probably.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 16:57 - Oct 5 with 1272 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 16:58 - Oct 5 with 1262 viewsonehunglow

My God we really do need a co@ch

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 17:02 - Oct 5 with 1202 viewsAnotherJohn

Could have still been playing late tonight and not scored, though I think we would have conceded by then. Things got even worse when the subs came on. Supporters come to see goals and our toothless attack is starting to be reflected in home attendances.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 17:03 - Oct 5 with 1194 viewsswan_si

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 16:58 - Oct 5 by onehunglow

We could pull your teeth out and put seats in.🤔 I'm sure we could fit the whole squad in.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 17:03 - Oct 5 with 1192 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 16:58 - Oct 5 by onehunglow

We are very predictable to be fair. As I said in the week, we need something straight off the training ground. There’s nothing.

Some good performances, some mediocre but they did keep going to 90+ again.

As I said earlier though, we could be there until midnight and still not score.

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 17:18 - Oct 5 with 1093 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 17:03 - Oct 5 by swan_si

We could pull your teeth out and put seats in.🤔 I'm sure we could fit the whole squad in.

Sorry
How does that relate to the thread
That said , talking of seats, so many are empty because they won't be patronised by our " coach",
It looks as if we play for nil nil draws

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 17:48 - Oct 5 with 957 viewsDr_Winston

I think we need to start tempering praise of Oli. Can't fault his workrate and effort, but again he created very little if anything which is something of an issue with your main attacking midfielder. Hustle and Bustle isn't enough.

For all people grumble about our striking options, for me the issue is with the service to them. For one brief moment in the second half it looked like they'd finally worked out how to play to Vipotnik, then he got hooked minutes after.

Bianchini put over more decent crosses in one five minute spell than Ronnie has in the last four or five games. I'd be amazed if he's not still on the bench as a reward next game.

Overall we moved the ball too slowly, we dithered when getting into attacking positions, and didn't work their keeper anything like as often enough.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 17:51 - Oct 5 with 942 viewsonehunglow

VIP showed touches of skill on the deck and had a superb diving header saved
Then ,he was starved again .
It’s obvious what is really killing us .

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 18:03 - Oct 5 with 866 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 17:48 - Oct 5 by Dr_Winston

I think we need to start tempering praise of Oli. Can't fault his workrate and effort, but again he created very little if anything which is something of an issue with your main attacking midfielder. Hustle and Bustle isn't enough.

For all people grumble about our striking options, for me the issue is with the service to them. For one brief moment in the second half it looked like they'd finally worked out how to play to Vipotnik, then he got hooked minutes after.

Bianchini put over more decent crosses in one five minute spell than Ronnie has in the last four or five games. I'd be amazed if he's not still on the bench as a reward next game.

Overall we moved the ball too slowly, we dithered when getting into attacking positions, and didn't work their keeper anything like as often enough.

You mention the service to the front line but make the most appropriate point in your last sentence. It is indeed the speed of the service which lets us down.

Now if we had big forwards who could aerially compete with defences it might not be such an issue but I can’t think of more than a handful of occasions where we got our head to the ball first. One occasion was when Vipi got in front of his man and made the keeper work.

I made the analogy in a previous post of our play being like a game of Snakes and Ladders and today highlighted that point to me.

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 18:11 - Oct 5 with 816 viewstheloneranger

We're looking for a goal scoring forward. A cracker in the stadium today - Giovanni Savarese !!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 18:16 - Oct 5 with 784 viewsTreforys_Jack

Very encouraged by what I saw of Vipotik today, need to work out how they get the best of him. Thought he looked a bit Piroesque at times when he had the ball.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 18:28 - Oct 5 with 673 viewsAnotherJohn

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 18:11 - Oct 5 by theloneranger

We're looking for a goal scoring forward. A cracker in the stadium today - Giovanni Savarese !!

Anybody know what he was doing here? Was it just a case of being in the UK and wanting to watch one of his old clubs (2000-2001 season)?
Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 18:34 - Oct 5 with 643 viewsJust_Dave

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 17:48 - Oct 5 by Dr_Winston

Oli is a piano carrier not a piano player. A grafter and great attitude but not match winner. Liked the look of Vip today. We need a creative no 10 to get the best out of him. Also don't think we need Grimes playing as a 3rd Centre back, not at home.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024