Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defenders with their pants pulled down 09:14 - Sep 29 with 1847 viewshoops_legend

The goal Smyth scored yesterday got me thinking about this trend in the game which is extremely frustrating and isn’t good for the game

When a defender gets caught with their pants pulled down by a striker and they go to the floor - the ref will almost always blow for a foul. What is that about? Why do the refs find the defenders so precious they can’t even take a challenge

The smyth challenge was absolutely fine and should not have been chalked off

Thoughts on modern light weight fouls given
[Post edited 29 Sep 10:26]

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Defenders with their pants pulled down on 10:25 - Sep 29 with 1640 viewsPaddyhoops

Didn’t think there was much wrong with it myself . Harsh decision
Defenders with their pants pulled down on 10:33 - Sep 29 with 1594 viewsbosh67

Poor decision from the ref, there was nothing in it, unless the lino flagged for a foul, but there's nothing in that at all. Just 2 players going for the ball. Smyth is so slight that a draft would throw him into a wall so I'm not sure what the ref sees there?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Defenders with their pants pulled down on 11:15 - Sep 29 with 1517 viewsDorse

That defender got his pants pulled down so comprehensively that they had been washed, ironed and put back in his knicker draw by his mum by the time he'd worked out what had happened. At this point he, the tough and ruthless centre half, became the rough and toothless playground bully / tart who calls the teacher when the little kids laugh at his attempts to look hard.
'Oooh, Sir! Sir! Jenkins minor said a rude word, Sir! And he pushed me, Sir! And He's got my ball, Sir!'
'I'll deal with this. Is your father coming for drinks at the club later...?'

It was a goal, all ends up. The ref got it wrong. Their defence got it wrong. The lino's call was made unsighted. The whole thing stinks like Godzilla's nylon grundies after a hard day flattening Tokyo.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Defenders with their pants pulled down on 02:43 - Sep 30 with 873 viewsstainrods_elbow

I'm absolutely sick and fed up with it. Why does this always seem to happen to us? And what will the club be doing about it?

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Defenders with their pants pulled down on 13:10 - Sep 30 with 553 viewsnick_hammersmith

Defenders with their pants pulled down on 02:43 - Sep 30 by stainrods_elbow

I'm absolutely sick and fed up with it. Why does this always seem to happen to us? And what will the club be doing about it?

ask CN at the forum tonight
Defenders with their pants pulled down on 15:39 - Sep 30 with 371 viewsqprninja

I think the ref (along with all the qpr fans) were so surprised to see Smyth actually get the ball in the net, he blew out of total shock.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024