Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? 17:59 - Sep 28 with 7366 viewsQPR_Pro_Max

Both saved their teams from relegation last season at the last several games.
This season: Blackburn W4, D3, L0; (lost their top scorer and added some inexpensive players)
vs QPR W1, D4, L2.
If Eustace was appointed QPR manager after Warburton rather than Beale, Critchley, Ainsworth, or even Cifuentis, should we been in a much better position now?
Ferdinand was the suspected criminal again.
Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? on 00:45 - Sep 29 with 1803 viewsconnell10

Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? on 21:04 - Sep 28 by Malintabuk

Not all over reaction, before the game started today on the thread I wondered is Eustace was a mistake on our part letting him go.
Now whether he wanted the managers job full time with us is debatable.... but I think for the championship he certainly as more experience, and seems to understand what is needed more than perhaps Marti does now.
There is no mistaking the fact that if things don't improve, and 1 win in 7 games, playing turgid football to boot, is not going to endear him to the powers to be or the fans
This is a sticky time for Marti

SACK HIM ......

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? on 00:50 - Sep 29 with 1768 viewsFredManRave

Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? on 00:45 - Sep 29 by connell10

SACK HIM ......

So, it's Back or Sack, what a Crack?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? on 09:14 - Sep 29 with 1564 viewsconnell10

Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? on 00:50 - Sep 29 by FredManRave

So, it's Back or Sack, what a Crack?!

Yes crack also ....a full Elton John.

Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? on 09:19 - Sep 29 with 1547 viewsJamesB1979

I don’t think there’s many managers in the world that could have saved us last season. This season we’re changing our style of play and got loads of new players with (save 1) no experience of English football. You don’t just start playing well, it takes time. As fans, now more than ever we need to be patient. Marti has earnt that much!
Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? on 09:23 - Sep 29 with 1535 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Thought they'd go down this year. Fair play to him.
Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? on 09:57 - Sep 29 with 1450 viewsdmm

Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? on 00:43 - Sep 29 by qprxtc

Is Cathy Barry a better “actress” than Lindsey Dawn MacKenzie.

Same question with shades on.

They're all called actors now.
Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? on 10:09 - Sep 29 with 1420 viewsderbyhoop

Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? on 23:12 - Sep 28 by BostonR

It shows what a turgid spectacle the Championship is with Blackburn in 3rd place. Let’s be honest just before the sending off we were all thinking this is ok - we are holding our own.
I’d rather have a slow start and given the new signings that’s to be expected. On today’s showing do you really think Blackburn will be play-off contenders come March/Apr?
There is a long way to go and Marti has a decent track record on improving teams. Whatever happens we will finish above Blackburn at the end of March/Apr.
Somehow I think it will be top 10.

Read the opposition report. Even their own fans don't believe Blackburn are a top 6 side

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? on 10:37 - Sep 29 with 1365 viewsbosh67

I think Eustace is an excellent manager and hugely underrated. Probably should have got the job here when Warburton left and we probably would have been fine. But, I think the argument that he is better is redundant. We know Marti is a good manager and that the side is trying to gel this season and generally, even though we haven't been great, Marti has made game decisions that have rescued points. The good thing is that there is obviously a good team bond now in the group. Personally I think the only missing piece is Hayden, who made such a difference last season, but we can't afford him so that is the end of that I guess.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? on 10:52 - Sep 29 with 1351 viewsMalintabuk

Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? on 00:45 - Sep 29 by connell10

SACK HIM ......

Where have I said sack him... if you're happy with the way we are playing fair enough, but the chances are you are in the minority
If I had a real criticism of The regime, it would be was it wise to bring in so many players without English experience, let alone Championship experience
I sincerely hope it is successful, I'm as fed us as the rest of us with this mad dash to failure we seem to have at this club.
But how long is a "geling" in period last... 10, 20 25 games? Or when we go into the bottom 3 and are 4 points adrift ?
We pulled the trigger on Ainsworth and Critchley pretty rapidly when things go sour, and I personally want Marti to succeed and be successful with us, though his longevity at clubs appears to prove otherwise
As I said this is a sticky time for him. Win Tuesday and get a result on Saturday then things will calm down. Lose both and really see a melt down
Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? on 14:49 - Sep 29 with 1188 viewsR_from_afar

I do wonder if some people assumed that our good form at the end of last season would naturally continue. Unfortunately, form can change very quickly, especially across a summer break.

As ever, we're heavily constrained by the P & S rules so we need pretty much every acquisition to come good. If they don't, it makes things really challenging and I would say Saito, Dembele and Celar are not delivering yet. It's a worry but there does seem to be a good team spirit plus our best player hasn't set foot on the pitch yet.

Results need to pick up and I'm not happy with how we are playing but we need to be patient. I think some fans' expectations might have been a bit high after the end of last season, especially given that, while better than last season, the squad still lacks firepower. Oh, and almost every team goes through rough patches in the Championship, it's such a long slog.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? on 15:09 - Sep 29 with 1112 viewsNorthantsHoop

Eustace is a decent manager, Cifuentes is a decent manager. Still think this season we are finding our feet, it started to click at Luton but the damn international break I think has hampered us a bit and any momentum we would have got sort of stopped. Still believe that at home we have been far too passive and not loading the attack and hence drawing games. To be honest we did not collapse yesterday and could have nicked a goal. Need a win at home on Tuesday and expect that Marti will mix it up a bit to take the game to Hull. I would like to see Lloyd starting in place of Smyth and try and play off Frey. Our biggest problem is getting the ball through the centre of midfield quickly enough as we get stuck in this me to you, you to me playing across the back line and allowing the oppo to get nicely set up. Need to see more of Madsen trying to link up through the middle and taking the game forward, rather than in Millwall game where he seemed to be hugging the left side a lot.
[Post edited 29 Sep 15:10]
Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? on 17:37 - Sep 29 with 966 viewscaliforniahoop

Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? on 18:12 - Sep 28 by SteveB

I wanted him to be given the role permanently back in, what was it 2019?

Top bloke, top coach.

We fcked up. Standard QPR.
[Post edited 28 Sep 18:15]

So did I until he went to B/ham and took all that Rangers crap with him.
Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? on 17:59 - Sep 29 with 909 viewsconnell10

Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? on 10:52 - Sep 29 by Malintabuk

Where have I said sack him... if you're happy with the way we are playing fair enough, but the chances are you are in the minority
If I had a real criticism of The regime, it would be was it wise to bring in so many players without English experience, let alone Championship experience
I sincerely hope it is successful, I'm as fed us as the rest of us with this mad dash to failure we seem to have at this club.
But how long is a "geling" in period last... 10, 20 25 games? Or when we go into the bottom 3 and are 4 points adrift ?
We pulled the trigger on Ainsworth and Critchley pretty rapidly when things go sour, and I personally want Marti to succeed and be successful with us, though his longevity at clubs appears to prove otherwise
As I said this is a sticky time for him. Win Tuesday and get a result on Saturday then things will calm down. Lose both and really see a melt down

So your not directly saying sack him ...but..

Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? on 18:07 - Sep 29 with 892 viewscharmr

Anyone care to remember the reaction of the post while Warburton was manager the question of Eustace being an admirable replacement. Off the chart hissy fits.

My only problem with Rangers currently is I don’t care to watch them at the moment. I’m hoping that changes.
Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? on 18:16 - Sep 29 with 850 viewsBluce_Ree

No man is better at ANYTHING than Cifuentes and I will beat you in front of your woman if you suggest otherwise.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? on 20:16 - Sep 29 with 676 viewsMalintabuk

Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? on 17:59 - Sep 29 by connell10

So your not directly saying sack him ...but..

If you say so... it must be
Is Eustace a better manager than Cifuentes? on 20:56 - Sep 29 with 595 viewscolinallcars

Marti keeping us up last season was little short of a Ressurection (don't tell my vicar I said that).
Yes, a disappointing start but perhaps not surprising with so many unfamiliar faces and no Chair.
We'll be fine.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024