Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread 11:58 - Sep 20 with 30225 viewsFredManRave

It's the good guys against those bad apples and hats tomorrow.

Very quietly confident about this game for some strange reason. If we could actually put together 2 consistently good halves to make one whole game, whereby, for the most part, they're spending their back against the WAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL then I think we can get the win.

2-0 Rangers with a Frey train marauding though their defence...

Stay safe and hopefully no R's receive too many "come on then", evil stares or wànker signs in their direction before during or after the game.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 15:16 - Sep 21 with 2623 viewsAussieRs

Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 14:29 - Sep 21 by GaryBannister86

Hope it was better to those at the game. Looked lucky to get a point to me.

Praise for Nardi - some good saves and confident on the ball (if heart stoppingly so at the end). Too many players out of sorts, even Cookie not at his best.

Also praise for Frey, one sniff, one goal. Can't argue with that.

I am hoping Chair will get us up and running properly.

I agree with this.

And when Ilias returns I’d like to see Nardi kick out direct to him upfield, though I acknowledge this may be critiqued as Chaise Longue.
Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 15:21 - Sep 21 with 2551 viewsBurnleyhoop

Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 14:00 - Sep 21 by Lblock

There has to be a peaceful green field with a south facing barn where we can put Anderson out to seed.

I’m boring myself but he’s gone, finished and washed out

I’d sooner never see him in a matchday squad again

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Had a poor start to the season, but suspect he will come good again. Poor today though.

Only Frey and the keeper had decent games for me.
Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 15:35 - Sep 21 with 2426 viewsMetallica_Hoop

It was a bit pants but we took our goal well, how they missed that last one... pheww I was in line with it and was already about to start cussing.

Great save by Nardi at the death too.
[Post edited 21 Sep 15:35]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 15:56 - Sep 21 with 2276 viewsManinBlack

To be honest the game went as I expected. We saved some players for today and we were still flat. We always seem docile for 1230 kick offs and we can't win at home. Five home games and a penalty shoot out is the only win. No victories in any 90 minutes at home.

Looks like the away form is again our best hope to stay out of the bottom three.These depressing home scenarios have been going on for far too long.
Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 16:02 - Sep 21 with 2214 viewsderbyhoop

Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 14:02 - Sep 21 by PlanetHonneywood

Sidebar: who is K. Morgan on the bench?

Midfield lad we signed in the Summer after he was released by Spurs. Intention was to put in Dev Squad but he must be showing something in training.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 16:03 - Sep 21 with 2209 viewsGus_iom

Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 14:27 - Sep 21 by BrianMcCarthy

FT.

While I usually agree with you Brian, in this case.....
Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 16:03 - Sep 21 with 2206 viewscorse

has played and has looked awhile like a team thats coached by ainsworth rather than cifuentes... very bad.
Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 16:05 - Sep 21 with 2186 viewsderbyhoop

Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 14:41 - Sep 21 by stevec

Like a few of the new players but when you use analytics is there a button on the keyboard that analyses what they’re like against big ugly fckers who love to get stuck in a bit?

Our whole defence should be commended for the performances they’re putting in.

To some extent I thought we were bullied by them. Some of the big guys could stand up to it, but plenty couldn't.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

Login to get fewer ads

Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 16:10 - Sep 21 with 2117 viewsDamo1962

Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 15:10 - Sep 21 by GaryBannister86

"needs to show what all the fuss is about"

Well he produced "the fuss" with his frankly excellent efforts last season, no?

Perhaps a bit early to get the knives out.

A lot of it was unconvincing. He did what was asked of him and I am grateful for that.Not writing him off at all,and hopefully resu lts will improve under him. But he has to take some responsibility for the way we are currently playing. Chair coming back will hopefully help him and us. But that was eye meltingly poor today, no matter how you analyse it.
Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 16:13 - Sep 21 with 2107 viewsBklynRanger

Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 16:03 - Sep 21 by corse

has played and has looked awhile like a team thats coached by ainsworth rather than cifuentes... very bad.

I wouldn't go that fcuking far!
Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 16:52 - Sep 21 with 1906 viewsSpaceman_P

I didn't watch the game today... BUT I do really think Marti is winging the first halves it seems.

Glad Frey got the goal, love the bald bloke.

But it seems the 4-2-3-1 formation isn't really working and the whole playing from the back for me at least isn't attractive football - it's actually nerve wracking for me.

Dembele should of been in the middle I reckon.

considering there has been 2 weeks international break, what are the lads actually doing to gel and understand each others' games.

Paul Smyth for example should know by now, where his team mates are, he should be more intuitive as to their whearabouts and styles.

I'm glad we got the point.... but bloody Bristol City are ahead of us in the league.

The only Solice we can take from today is that Cardiff are absolutely dog-shite and Willock must be crying on his Dad's shoulder.

Marti and Xavi has some work to do I think - they need a re-think.
Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 17:03 - Sep 21 with 1850 viewsStreathamRanger

Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 16:52 - Sep 21 by Spaceman_P

I didn't watch the game today... BUT I do really think Marti is winging the first halves it seems.

Glad Frey got the goal, love the bald bloke.

But it seems the 4-2-3-1 formation isn't really working and the whole playing from the back for me at least isn't attractive football - it's actually nerve wracking for me.

Dembele should of been in the middle I reckon.

considering there has been 2 weeks international break, what are the lads actually doing to gel and understand each others' games.

Paul Smyth for example should know by now, where his team mates are, he should be more intuitive as to their whearabouts and styles.

I'm glad we got the point.... but bloody Bristol City are ahead of us in the league.

The only Solice we can take from today is that Cardiff are absolutely dog-shite and Willock must be crying on his Dad's shoulder.

Marti and Xavi has some work to do I think - they need a re-think.

I think we're playing badly at the moment but still picking up points which in a way is a good sign. I trust the coaches to get things to click at some point and I think we'll start picking up more wins.
Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 17:04 - Sep 21 with 1850 viewsjohncharles

Question, Can Madsen actually run ? As in move one leg quicker than the other and move along the ground faster than a tortoise on crutches

Strong and stable my arse.

Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 17:14 - Sep 21 with 1796 viewsHarbour

We created very little and were a bit lucky to get a point. Nardi pulled off some good saves. We could not deal with their press too many balls to feet with our player facing our goal not theirs. Very slow build up looked like wall had a game plan and it worked.. We were caught out a few times playing out and Anderson seemed a bit off the pace. The ref seemed to be very lenient first half then remembered he had cards in his pocket second half. Same foul no card first half card brandished second half…A frustrating afternoon but on a positive note we got a point when we did not play well.
Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 17:23 - Sep 21 with 1728 viewsDorse

My take on today is that we definitely have the players to hurt more or less anyone in this division. We just won't if we keep repeating our mistakes.

First up, and this was identified in the match comms, our build-up from the back looks a little slow to me. I know the received wisdom is that this will somehow draw the oppo out so we can play through their press but Millwall weren't falling for that old gag. They decided to press in the middle rather than on our 18 yard line, so we played gorgeous passes under zero pressure until we lost it when our midfield 2 got gubbed by the Millwall overload on the halfway line. Come on people, a bit of flexibility, yes?

Second hot(ish) take was that I liked Paal stepping into the middle as a concept. I can see what the thinking is behind the move: it was showing some positive signs today but it still needs work. Something wasn't clicking, especially in the first half, but it looked tasty a couple of times in the second.

Third thing I noticed was how much I didn't notice Madsen and Field. I know we're supposed to be having a pop at Andersen but it was the central pairing that I found confusing. Who was on wrecking duties? Who was looking forward? At times both seemed to be performing some sort of magic trick where they only appear when you aren't looking directly at them. Paal looks up: two QPR midfielders deploy their cloaking device. Baffling. Don't get me wrong, I rate both, I just didn't want to watch the Shepherds Bush Hide & Seek Finals this afternoon. Better second half, but still.

Next off the block, the Annual Dorse 'Hands-Up, I Was Wrong About Him' Admission Of Footballing Ignorance. This week: Michy Frey. My word, that bloke can finish. Imagine if we'd had him instead of Hugill a few years back. Yikes.

Finally, 1230 kick offs. They are no good to anyone. The atmosphere today seemed subdued, right from the kick off. Is it so difficult to just, I don't know, not fck around with the times for once? I get that 'he who pays the piper calls the tune' and all that but how much revenue do you think broadcast media are getting out of this fixture? They'd hardly break even. In which case, let us have it when everyone going to the game wants!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 17:28 - Sep 21 with 1691 viewsjoe90

Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 17:04 - Sep 21 by johncharles

Question, Can Madsen actually run ? As in move one leg quicker than the other and move along the ground faster than a tortoise on crutches

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. We can’t afford to have a player like him in this team on the off chance he does what he did against Luton. He’ll play badly more than he’ll play well.

But it’s okay, because he plays with a ‘languid’ style and he needs more time to acclimatise to Championship football.
[Post edited 21 Sep 17:32]
Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 17:32 - Sep 21 with 1670 viewscorse

Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 16:13 - Sep 21 by BklynRanger

I wouldn't go that fcuking far!

bit harsh from me i admit but its been quite poor
Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 17:33 - Sep 21 with 1664 viewsAntti_Heinola

One good thing on that dorse: that was our last 1230 home game this year thank fk!
Maybe some evening games and some 3pm kos will improve our luck a bit!

Bare bones.

Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 17:38 - Sep 21 with 1619 viewsBklynRanger

Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 17:32 - Sep 21 by corse

bit harsh from me i admit but its been quite poor

Fair enough - I do share the frustration
Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 19:07 - Sep 21 with 1381 viewsEsox_Lucius

Things that were notable today; the utter inconsistency of the officials, letting some crunching tackles go by both sides which set the tone for the rest of the game. The QPR goal came about after some of the most intelligent defending I have seen a quite a number of years
Cooks cushioned pass out and the resultant fast break is definitely something we should be seeing more of as we were generally found wanting in most areas and Millwall were just as good as we were but more physical
At the time I didn't see any missed assignments by our players, it was just a good goal by them, it happens.
I also thought Paal had another good game and has gone under the radar reading through the comments by those watching on a screen. Small margins decided today's result and Madsen is better than what I have been reading here. He wasn't good but he wasn't that bad by a distance.
[Post edited 21 Sep 20:19]

The grass is always greener.

Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 19:35 - Sep 21 with 1300 viewsQPunkR

Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 17:03 - Sep 21 by StreathamRanger

I think we're playing badly at the moment but still picking up points which in a way is a good sign. I trust the coaches to get things to click at some point and I think we'll start picking up more wins.

We’ve been saying that all season. And the way we’re playing this season, it feels like we’ll be saying the same in 8 months time. That we were poor but at least we got a point - the teams we’ve played recently have been pony!! We need more than that

QPR - "shit but local"

Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 19:42 - Sep 21 with 1280 viewsGus_iom

Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 19:07 - Sep 21 by Esox_Lucius

Things that were notable today; the utter inconsistency of the officials, letting some crunching tackles go by both sides which set the tone for the rest of the game. The QPR goal came about after some of the most intelligent defending I have seen a quite a number of years
Cooks cushioned pass out and the resultant fast break is definitely something we should be seeing more of as we were generally found wanting in most areas and Millwall were just as good as we were but more physical
At the time I didn't see any missed assignments by our players, it was just a good goal by them, it happens.
I also thought Paal had another good game and has gone under the radar reading through the comments by those watching on a screen. Small margins decided today's result and Madsen is better than what I have been reading here. He wasn't good but he wasn't that bad by a distance.
[Post edited 21 Sep 20:19]

Madsen needs to get a bit more pro-active IMHO, but totally agree about Paal, I thought he was our most progressive midfielder when he dropped in to that position.
Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 19:54 - Sep 21 with 1225 viewsStreathamRanger

Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 19:35 - Sep 21 by QPunkR

We’ve been saying that all season. And the way we’re playing this season, it feels like we’ll be saying the same in 8 months time. That we were poor but at least we got a point - the teams we’ve played recently have been pony!! We need more than that

We've played a reasonable cross section of the championship. We're difficult to beat but also a bit difficult to watch at the moment. Depends if you're a glass half full or glass half empty person. I think we'll improve especially once Chair comes back into the team. A good start would be to play Dembele through the middle. I Kolli hasn't been ostracised I wouldn't mind seeing a bit from him if he's injury free.
Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 20:34 - Sep 21 with 1096 viewsQPunkR

Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 19:54 - Sep 21 by StreathamRanger

We've played a reasonable cross section of the championship. We're difficult to beat but also a bit difficult to watch at the moment. Depends if you're a glass half full or glass half empty person. I think we'll improve especially once Chair comes back into the team. A good start would be to play Dembele through the middle. I Kolli hasn't been ostracised I wouldn't mind seeing a bit from him if he's injury free.

Agreed, I'd like to see Kolli reintroduced depending on his contract situation. And if we had Ilias LW with Dembélé in the number 10 role then I feel we'll be a different proposition. RW can rotate among the spring cast, all of whom are different levels of inconsistent

QPR - "shit but local"

Everyone Likes Us vs No One Likes Them Match Thread on 22:49 - Sep 21 with 892 viewsGaryHaddock

QPR fans right now

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024