Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dynamic Pricing 20:04 - Sep 2 with 5498 viewsGaryHaddock

Another modern scourge for the travelling football fan:

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/dynamic-pricing-is-heading-for-football-as-major-eur
Dynamic Pricing on 14:30 - Sep 3 with 1269 viewsrobith

Dynamic Pricing on 13:20 - Sep 3 by PlanetHonneywood

I'll wait until Boston posts an 'Expat Friendly' vid. Thanks in advance our kid!

I was at an exhibition during the Paris Olympics and although I missed the section, Mrs PH didn’t. It was about fan attendance for future games. Supposedly, instead of only having x thousand at an event, with millions looking in on TV, the exhibition said that the IOC - and so I'll assume all spectator events in time - are looking at how you can have more of an emersive experience from your own front room, where you can be 'present' at the event, but without you needing to physically enter the arena or the event needing people to fill seats.

Having seen that thread on here about the sports bar in Los Angeles recently, I wonder if this is the early beginnings of the concept? Imagine: we paid for tickets to three events, but the true cost was more when you add in travel, accommodation, sustenance beyond what you'd pay at home, so if the IOC quadrupled ticket costs, we'd still have saved cash.

It's coming down the tubes.

There's a company called Trickshot who can basically project the game in 3 dimensions for you like the chess set Chewbacca plays C3PO at in Star Wars, it's mad stuff
Dynamic Pricing on 15:46 - Sep 4 with 993 viewsQPR_Hibs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cx2y6kdk4z0o

Valencia going to use dynamic pricing for home games.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Dynamic Pricing on 16:27 - Sep 4 with 891 viewsKonk

Dynamic Pricing on 15:46 - Sep 4 by QPR_Hibs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cx2y6kdk4z0o

Valencia going to use dynamic pricing for home games.

I was just looking at Real Betis tickets and they operate it too. Absolute wan k. It would maybe be a bit more forgivable if the standard ticket started at reasonable and rose to expensive with surge pricing, but it will always be expensive rising to extortionate. For people whose work patterns mean they can only book tickets late on, this would be a nightmare, when it's already difficult finding reasonably priced tickets at lots of clubs. And in a country like Spain, where they schedule games for TV about 10 minutes before they're due to kick-off, this seems especially wan k for people having to wait and see what day/time a game is taking place.

On the subject of obscene ticket prices, I'm enjoying my regular emails from Fulham begging me to spend £71+ booking fee for a seat in the Hammersmith or Putney to watch us play West Ham or Newcastle. Get fu cked.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Dynamic Pricing on 16:43 - Sep 4 with 860 viewsJuzzie

This is legalised extortion/blackmail.

Any club/venue/organisation have got to be really careful. This could backfire dramatically but is does need people to go 'f**k you' otherwise the public is just enabling the problem.

[Post edited 4 Sep 16:45]
Dynamic Pricing on 16:58 - Sep 4 with 834 viewsOldPedro

Dynamic Pricing on 11:58 - Sep 3 by robith

Not quite on the same scale, but have found it quite funny given Lords was deserted that all the test grounds for next year are doing a "give us £35 to auto win the India ballot"

I've had the same emails too . I would guess that they are more likely to sell out for India than they were for Sri Lanka

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Dynamic Pricing on 22:02 - Sep 4 with 701 viewsbob566

Eu parliament were meeting today to discuss banning it in eu countries. Don't know more than that
Dynamic Pricing on 13:47 - Sep 5 with 580 viewsrobith

I do really wonder what the end point of all this is. Consumer's pockets and spending power are being depressed non stop, whilst prices keep going up, everyone's slicing you up into little pieces and we're entering a PAAS (Property as a Service) era where no one owns anything and you just have to subscribe forever to live.

The biggest operators in every category seem to gouge every penny, whilst their whole sector collapses underneath them.

Everyone has a breaking point
Dynamic Pricing on 14:00 - Sep 5 with 550 viewsPBLOCK

Dynamic Pricing on 13:47 - Sep 5 by robith

I do really wonder what the end point of all this is. Consumer's pockets and spending power are being depressed non stop, whilst prices keep going up, everyone's slicing you up into little pieces and we're entering a PAAS (Property as a Service) era where no one owns anything and you just have to subscribe forever to live.

The biggest operators in every category seem to gouge every penny, whilst their whole sector collapses underneath them.

Everyone has a breaking point

It’s legalized ticket touting and is quite frankly a disgrace

I love going to Rangers one of favourite things to do had a season ticket for 15 odd years before I had kids but it’s not a cheap day out by the time I’ve paid for two tickets and train fares I’m in for nearly £80 before beers McDonald’s for P Block Junior etc

As others have said everything is getting more expensive but this dynamic pricing is a joke and should be stopped immediately
Login to get fewer ads

Dynamic Pricing on 14:38 - Sep 5 with 480 viewsJuzzie

Years ago if you wanted to get Photoshop it would cost you a couple of hundred quid. That was it, a one-off payment and it's yours.

Now it's subscription only and because "£21.99 a month" doesn't sound a lot so you agree to it, the DD is set up and you forget about it.
OK, it may well come with updates but the paid-for version would probably last a few years before needing to buy a new one.
Next thing you know you've actually paid double or treble the price for the same thing and if you decide you don't want it any more you lose it completely, or at best have a very restricted usage, rather than just having an older version (NB: I use on my home PC laptop a program called PaintShop Pro 5 which came out 25 years ago and still works fine for what I need to do).

So yes, you have basically just rented it.

This is why companies do it. You're hooked in and f**ked over.

Governments are there to regulate this crap but they are so slow at doing so and by the time (if at all) legislation comes in the companies have already minted it in and left a trail of devastation in their wake.

I read today that the government are going to forcibly ban Thames Water from issuing bonuses etc (I think at executive level). That should have been done, by the previous government, years ago. Bonuses & dividends were being given out before any money was spent on maintenance, infrastructure etc then when that came to needing to be done, there was no money left. That should have been stopped immediately and any bonuses/dividends would only be paid out once all other aspects of the business had been accounted for. Don't want to turn this political but not at all surprised this didn't happen under the Tories.

This needs to be tackled urgently because it's getting out of hand.

[Post edited 5 Sep 14:59]
Dynamic Pricing on 14:48 - Sep 5 with 454 viewsLanhoop

Competition commission are investigating the Oasis dynamic pricing. Maybe in a few years we will see an answer?
Dynamic Pricing on 15:29 - Sep 5 with 392 viewskensalriser

Dynamic Pricing on 14:38 - Sep 5 by Juzzie

Years ago if you wanted to get Photoshop it would cost you a couple of hundred quid. That was it, a one-off payment and it's yours.

Now it's subscription only and because "£21.99 a month" doesn't sound a lot so you agree to it, the DD is set up and you forget about it.
OK, it may well come with updates but the paid-for version would probably last a few years before needing to buy a new one.
Next thing you know you've actually paid double or treble the price for the same thing and if you decide you don't want it any more you lose it completely, or at best have a very restricted usage, rather than just having an older version (NB: I use on my home PC laptop a program called PaintShop Pro 5 which came out 25 years ago and still works fine for what I need to do).

So yes, you have basically just rented it.

This is why companies do it. You're hooked in and f**ked over.

Governments are there to regulate this crap but they are so slow at doing so and by the time (if at all) legislation comes in the companies have already minted it in and left a trail of devastation in their wake.

I read today that the government are going to forcibly ban Thames Water from issuing bonuses etc (I think at executive level). That should have been done, by the previous government, years ago. Bonuses & dividends were being given out before any money was spent on maintenance, infrastructure etc then when that came to needing to be done, there was no money left. That should have been stopped immediately and any bonuses/dividends would only be paid out once all other aspects of the business had been accounted for. Don't want to turn this political but not at all surprised this didn't happen under the Tories.

This needs to be tackled urgently because it's getting out of hand.

[Post edited 5 Sep 14:59]

He who pays the piper calls the tune. Governments are captured by lobbyists and donors and then surprisingly act for vested interests rather than the common good.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024