Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable 08:23 - Aug 31 with 10624 viewssevenhoop

The new competition is noted but this guy is something else. For a big bloke, his skill, pace and strength going forward is immense and his aerial presence in both boxed is irreplaceable
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 15:56 - Aug 31 with 3146 viewsBklynRanger

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 15:42 - Aug 31 by bosh67

I'd like to see him get a new contract and be deployed as a holding midfielder like Rice. He has the skill and game awareness to hold the midfield.

For that to happen you'd have to splice him with Olga Korbut and wait 20-odd years. He's great in variations of a straight line but no way can he be a DM. If he could they'd have jumped on it.
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 16:01 - Aug 31 with 3106 viewsmart_Goblin

I was very critical of him and Dickie in that period after Beale left, but he has been a sensation since he has gone to right back .
Most importantly he looks like he is enjoying playing and enjoying being a central figure in this squad .
One of the first on the team sheet, dominant in our box and a key figure for the immediate future
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 18:13 - Aug 31 with 2952 viewsDorse

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 10:28 - Aug 31 by JimmyR

Wot, jimmy ‘balls of steel’ dunne? He just ran it off mate

He simply checked he still had the right number and got on with it. That man's testicular fortitude knows no bounds.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 21:04 - Aug 31 with 2769 viewsPdog

It will be interesting to see how the Ashby loan works out, as he has not come here to sit on the bench. We beat a few other suitors, so we can assume we offered some assurances regarding game time.

He's a right back, which will mean Dunne out and used as cover for RB/CB/LB potentially hindering Santos and Morrison's development. This seems strange considering that the RB position was not in urgent need of strengthening.

That said, he could be surplus to requirements at Newcastle and is here to impress, perhaps with a view to earning a longer-term deal.
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 21:23 - Aug 31 with 2714 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Everyone can be dropped, Dunne certainly. He is doing well, but we do look unbalanced on that side of the pitch.
He simply hasn't got the pace to really get up and down the pitch. I fully expect the new signing to play ahead of Dunne.
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 21:40 - Aug 31 with 2668 viewscheeseydane

Very harsh if he is dropped.
With him in the team at RB, the positives always outweigh the negatives.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 21:41 - Aug 31 with 2662 viewsDannyPaddox

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 09:41 - Aug 31 by dmm

We'd miss him defending corners. He heads away more corner balls into the 6 yard box than the other defenders combined. It may be the plan to give him a free role rather than a man or zonal marking role, but nonetheless it's an invaluable one.

A free role. Hell yeah. Let him roam. Let Zinedine ZiDunne roam.
[Post edited 31 Aug 23:57]
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 05:53 - Sep 1 with 2405 viewsQPROslo

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 21:04 - Aug 31 by Pdog

It will be interesting to see how the Ashby loan works out, as he has not come here to sit on the bench. We beat a few other suitors, so we can assume we offered some assurances regarding game time.

He's a right back, which will mean Dunne out and used as cover for RB/CB/LB potentially hindering Santos and Morrison's development. This seems strange considering that the RB position was not in urgent need of strengthening.

That said, he could be surplus to requirements at Newcastle and is here to impress, perhaps with a view to earning a longer-term deal.

Ashby suffered multiple various muscle injuries last season at Swansea. Probably needs handling with care.
Login to get fewer ads

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 08:16 - Sep 1 with 2281 viewsbakerloo8

Jimmy has been amazing at right back let's be fair. It's no coincidence that his arrival there saw a massive upturn in our form.

No idea how good this Ashby is though, but saying Dunne is undroppable isn't true. He has the shirt for now and the loanee will have to wait his turn, but I remember Kyle Walker at Qpr and he was so far head and shoulders better than anyone else he had to play. If Ashby is the same then he has to play.
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 13:19 - Sep 1 with 2068 viewsDavieQPR

He is a warrior and a good defender but, for me, his distribution leaves a bit to be desired.
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 14:11 - Sep 1 with 1966 viewsloftboy

Bradley Orr was a decent right back but I don’t remember too many moaning when young loanee named Kyle Walker took his place.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 23:00 - Sep 1 with 1716 viewsMyke

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 14:11 - Sep 1 by loftboy

Bradley Orr was a decent right back but I don’t remember too many moaning when young loanee named Kyle Walker took his place.

I think another factor why Dunne may be replaced at RB after the international break, is that he is no longer required as an 'outball' for Begovic to chip it to. Marti is clearly determined to play out from the back (luckily he still remains pragmatic enough to abandon it when we went one down on Friday night and Luton were pushing right up on us) on the deck and clearly the Newcastle loanee is the man he wants to assist with that.

I think that Marti intended Santos to fulfill that role from the start, but doesn't deem him ready yet. A lot depends on who plays on the right wing. I know Smyth frustrates a lot of people on here attacking wise, but defensively he was immense on Friday night and stopped Doughty in his tracks on several occasions
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 23:20 - Sep 1 with 1684 viewssilverbirch

If jimmy is refusing to sign a new contract I guess we’ll be trying to offload him in January. Between now and then, there’s time for the new loanee to settle in.
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 00:02 - Sep 2 with 1614 viewsconnell10

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 08:33 - Aug 31 by GaryBannister86

I couldn't trust Marti more but totally agree. If Dunne is dropped for the sake of giving game time to some loanee youngster, even if youngster is a little bit better....makes no sense to me.

Does anyone else see the spitting image of Macca with the shirt, the hair, the commitment, the odd dodgy moment but huge passion?

Very much puts me in the mind if Macca.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 00:07 - Sep 2 with 1602 viewsconnell10

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 15:42 - Aug 31 by bosh67

I'd like to see him get a new contract and be deployed as a holding midfielder like Rice. He has the skill and game awareness to hold the midfield.

Good call mate.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 09:59 - Sep 2 with 1397 viewsW7Ranger

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 23:20 - Sep 1 by silverbirch

If jimmy is refusing to sign a new contract I guess we’ll be trying to offload him in January. Between now and then, there’s time for the new loanee to settle in.

This is one that I'm really baffled about.

I'm assuming he's been offered a new contract? If not, then why?

And assuming he has, why on earth has he not signed it? He's probably playing the best football of his career, in a progressive team with a forward thinking manager. He's well loved by his team mates and fans. So....

WHY HASN'T HE SIGNED FFS???!!!

Anyone got any indsider info?
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 10:08 - Sep 2 with 1382 viewsPdog

Lets face it, everyone's loyal to the cause until the potential of a few more £££ elsewhere turns our head.

Also, he's 27 next month and could quite easily find himself 3rd choice CB and 2nd choice RB by then. I would also be keeping my options open.
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 10:15 - Sep 2 with 1334 viewsW7Ranger

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 10:08 - Sep 2 by Pdog

Lets face it, everyone's loyal to the cause until the potential of a few more £££ elsewhere turns our head.

Also, he's 27 next month and could quite easily find himself 3rd choice CB and 2nd choice RB by then. I would also be keeping my options open.

Signing a new contract doesn't mean he HAS to stay at QPR if a bid comes in for him. If anything it gives both him AND the club a bit of security, no?
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 10:25 - Sep 2 with 1295 viewsPdog

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 10:15 - Sep 2 by W7Ranger

Signing a new contract doesn't mean he HAS to stay at QPR if a bid comes in for him. If anything it gives both him AND the club a bit of security, no?

Yeah true, though it would also limit his options / earning potential as a new club would then have to stump up a transfer fee potentially paying him less signing on fee or wage p/w

High risk, high reward i suppose.
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 10:52 - Sep 2 with 1182 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 21:04 - Aug 31 by Pdog

I doubt Joe Hodge came to sit on the bench either, but he did.

Bare bones.

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 10:52 - Sep 2 with 1169 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 14:11 - Sep 1 by loftboy

prob becaue Orr was out injured for most of the season, so that's why we signed Walker, but yep ;)

Bare bones.

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 13:13 - Sep 2 with 1008 viewsingeminate

As much as I’d hate to see Dunne dropped, not playing loan players is a risky one. We’ve got a great relationship with Newcastle for example which will have helped us get this landed and also Hayden last year. Who could turn out to be the first of many. If we don’t give Ashby a fair go risk them turning the tap off.

Likewise other prem teams will usually favour loaning to teams who play their budding starlets or shop windows their driftwood.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 13:24 - Sep 2 with 977 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Just had a chat with a colleague whi is a big West Ham fan. Says Ashby was highly rated there, they offered a new contract to him, but he had his head turned by his agent who advised he could get him more elsewhere.
Hammers sold him to Newcastle.

Sounds familiar.
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 13:55 - Sep 2 with 833 viewsQPRcounsellor

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 09:59 - Sep 2 by W7Ranger

This is one that I'm really baffled about.

I'm assuming he's been offered a new contract? If not, then why?

And assuming he has, why on earth has he not signed it? He's probably playing the best football of his career, in a progressive team with a forward thinking manager. He's well loved by his team mates and fans. So....

WHY HASN'T HE SIGNED FFS???!!!

Anyone got any indsider info?

Jimmy loves playing for QPR and living in Chiswick too. He'll definitely sign it but am also surprised to hear he hasn't.
Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 14:16 - Sep 2 with 751 viewsParkRoyalR

Jimmy Dunne - undroppable on 13:55 - Sep 2 by QPRcounsellor

Jimmy loves playing for QPR and living in Chiswick too. He'll definitely sign it but am also surprised to hear he hasn't.

Just hope the Club and Marti don't undervalue Dunne,

With a high turnover of players in a player taking model, it's important to keep a core who best represent what playing for the club means, the likes of Dunne, Field etc,

Can play anywhere in the back line as two footed, always puts the team first, really need to value his services accordingly.

As long as we don't try to short change hom like we did with Barbet, confident he'll sign.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024