Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Preston Penalty Claim 10:30 - Aug 18 with 1298 viewsunion_jack

I was surprised that the claim made for a handball by Darling wasn’t awarded. However, I read somewhere that new laws ensured it wasn’t a penalty.

Anyone know what this law is? He handled it as far as I could see and prevented the ball being pulled back into the box.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Preston Penalty Claim on 11:00 - Aug 18 with 1243 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

“ It is an offence if a player:

deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball

touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised”

From this we can surmise that the referee deemed darlings arm to be in a justifiably natural position that didn’t make his body bigger as he was sliding.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Preston Penalty Claim on 12:01 - Aug 18 with 1169 viewsunion_jack

Preston Penalty Claim on 11:00 - Aug 18 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

“ It is an offence if a player:

deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball

touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised”

From this we can surmise that the referee deemed darlings arm to be in a justifiably natural position that didn’t make his body bigger as he was sliding.

Thanks. From what I saw I think we got away with one yesterday.

Preston Penalty Claim on 14:20 - Aug 18 with 1044 viewsTimBowen

From how I saw it...

The ball hit Darling's thigh...and was deflected onto his arm?

Therefore it wouldn't have been a penalty. However, from the referees position, he may not have seen that?

I'm reluctant to repeat, but I said at the time how our penalty, while justified, on another day may not have been given. And with theirs not given, followed by Abdulai's hip directed goal, I hope to gawd, we haven't used up all our luck before next week's 'derby match.'
Preston Penalty Claim on 16:08 - Aug 18 with 955 viewsKeithHaynes

Preston Penalty Claim on 12:01 - Aug 18 by union_jack

Thanks. From what I saw I think we got away with one yesterday.

For Darling his arms were judged to be in a natural position from the position he was in on the floor. The Preston bloke had his arms stretched out wide. Not natural for me.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Preston Penalty Claim on 16:36 - Aug 18 with 902 viewsunion_jack

Preston Penalty Claim on 16:08 - Aug 18 by KeithHaynes

For Darling his arms were judged to be in a natural position from the position he was in on the floor. The Preston bloke had his arms stretched out wide. Not natural for me.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Fair enough. I never questioned our pen though. That was just stupid on the defender’s part.

Preston Penalty Claim on 16:42 - Aug 18 with 879 viewsWhiterockin

Preston Penalty Claim on 16:36 - Aug 18 by union_jack

Fair enough. I never questioned our pen though. That was just stupid on the defender’s part.

But had it gone out.
Preston Penalty Claim on 17:10 - Aug 18 with 847 viewsRichardO

Preston Penalty Claim on 16:42 - Aug 18 by Whiterockin

But had it gone out.

Not according to the referee and his assistant so in must have been in play and one was a penalty the other not, surprisingly you tend to find the team in the ascendancy in a game get the decisions, it might also be a case of a number of fans in the Northeast corner of the stand might of a word in the assistant's ear.
Preston Penalty Claim on 20:22 - Aug 18 with 706 viewsFireboy2

Preston Penalty Claim on 17:10 - Aug 18 by RichardO

Not according to the referee and his assistant so in must have been in play and one was a penalty the other not, surprisingly you tend to find the team in the ascendancy in a game get the decisions, it might also be a case of a number of fans in the Northeast corner of the stand might of a word in the assistant's ear.

I was in the north east, didn't think it was a penalty at the time but was glad to see it awarded, the fans in the east would have had a better view of the ball staying in or going out.

On seeing the replays it didn't go out and the pne player definitely put his arm up as eom crossed the ball so it definitely was a penalty.

On seeing the new law theirs definitely wasn't.
Login to get fewer ads

Preston Penalty Claim on 22:19 - Aug 18 with 591 viewsKeithHaynes

Preston Penalty Claim on 20:22 - Aug 18 by Fireboy2

I was in the north east, didn't think it was a penalty at the time but was glad to see it awarded, the fans in the east would have had a better view of the ball staying in or going out.

On seeing the replays it didn't go out and the pne player definitely put his arm up as eom crossed the ball so it definitely was a penalty.

On seeing the new law theirs definitely wasn't.

Looking on the main PNE forum the vast majority thought the decision for Darling under the new ruling was correct. However, the vast majority also think the Swans are a pretty poor if not terrible side.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Preston Penalty Claim on 22:21 - Aug 18 with 586 viewsFireboy2

Preston Penalty Claim on 22:19 - Aug 18 by KeithHaynes

Looking on the main PNE forum the vast majority thought the decision for Darling under the new ruling was correct. However, the vast majority also think the Swans are a pretty poor if not terrible side.

They were lucky that Zan didn't start the game, we would have won it by the end of the first half.
Preston Penalty Claim on 00:22 - Aug 19 with 493 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Preston Penalty Claim on 22:21 - Aug 18 by Fireboy2

They were lucky that Zan didn't start the game, we would have won it by the end of the first half.

We did win it by the end of the first half 😂
[Post edited 19 Aug 0:31]

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024