Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair - what's the story? 23:48 - Aug 13 with 30097 viewsqueensparker

I have no ITK or agenda here but want to throw it out there as what else are these forums for but complete conjecture?

Is he really injured? Is this some 4D chess from Nourry to sell him? Is there something from his court case we're not being told? Has he been promised to Besiktas or Lens? Do we need the money? Does he want to go?

The bloke has held our club together for the last two years at least, without him we'd have been relegated soundly long ago.

As the last few games have also shown, we're going to badly miss him if he goes.

How do we think this is going to play out?
[Post edited 13 Aug 23:49]
Chair - what's the story? on 14:00 - Aug 16 with 4823 viewsNorthernr

Chair - what's the story? on 13:49 - Aug 16 by Hunterhoop

It does beg the question, why haven’t teams come in for him and someone offered enough for us to accept?

We’re hardly loaded with cash and don’t have a history of being the best negotiations. I’m not aware anyone has made a formal offer either.

These teams, scouts, data guys have access to all the metrics, their teams have played against him for years. People in the game move about, so former teammates and coaches will have spoken to people at other clubs.

I’ve said this before; I’m not sure Chair is the popular, good bloke in the dressing room, good teammate, some perhaps think. Even then, clubs do sign problematic characters as well.

If he is all those things, what other reason is there not to get a top 6 Champ deal? Perhaps we are paying him a fortune, but I doubt it. There must be something known in the game.

Goals from outside the box. The analytics peeps get massively put off.
Both for us and for him he could/should score more inside the area. Add 7 or 8 of those a season to the ones he's already getting and he'd be snapped up pretty swiftly.
Chair - what's the story? on 14:19 - Aug 16 with 4667 viewsbosh67

It could also be the 'Ilias Chair rocks!' T shirt I've been pictured in putting people off?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Chair - what's the story? on 14:20 - Aug 16 with 4661 viewsStevenageRanger

When Chair was on loan at Stevenage, I was told that most of his goals were from outside the box. Then heard that Warburton didnt want players shooting from outside as data says that there is a low probabilty of scoring.

He seems to have scored a few more from outside recently (I could be wrongbut that what I seem to remember e.g. Leeds)
Chair - what's the story? on 14:21 - Aug 16 with 4641 viewsdaveB

Chair - what's the story? on 13:57 - Aug 16 by Antti_Heinola

Well we turned down quite a big offer in January.
I've never seen anything but love for Chair from other players, from Ebs, to Albert, to Willock to Marti, and he's been part of the leadership group, usually put in place by players, for a while now.

You've also got to remember the last deal he signed was a lengthy one, meaning
a. he was happy to stay
and
b. it would require a large price to buy him

plus, only 2 seasons ago the club were screaming 'we won't be selling anyone!' - so there's not been much of a window where someone might have come in with anything other than a ridiculous offer.
[Post edited 16 Aug 14:00]

We've also been shit for 2 years so why would anyone want to sign one of our players
Chair - what's the story? on 14:24 - Aug 16 with 4560 viewsJuzzie

Chair - what's the story? on 14:21 - Aug 16 by daveB

We've also been shit for 2 years so why would anyone want to sign one of our players

Shit teams often have one diamond in them, he's ours.
Chair - what's the story? on 14:28 - Aug 16 with 4527 viewsdaveB

Chair - what's the story? on 14:24 - Aug 16 by Juzzie

true but looking from the outside he's an attacking player and we are a team who don't score goals. Thats why Willock ended up at Cardiff rather than a top 6 side as well.
Chair - what's the story? on 15:41 - Aug 16 with 4252 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chair - what's the story? on 14:28 - Aug 16 by daveB

true but looking from the outside he's an attacking player and we are a team who don't score goals. Thats why Willock ended up at Cardiff rather than a top 6 side as well.

I don't think many teams sign players along those lines anymore to be fair, Dave.

Willock wasn't scoring or creating a great deal, that's why he's at Cardiff.

Chair creates more opportunities than most players in the league (not bad for someone described by some as incredibly selfish ;))

Bare bones.

Chair - what's the story? on 15:47 - Aug 16 with 4234 viewsEalingHoop81

Chair - what's the story? on 07:45 - Aug 16 by daveB

Are they lying about the Morgan Fox injury as well then?

Fair point, but the club are not currently all about openness and for the record, how many calf injuries did Taylor Richards have last season??
Login to get fewer ads

Chair - what's the story? on 15:50 - Aug 16 with 4193 viewsCateLeBonR

Chair - what's the story? on 14:24 - Aug 16 by Juzzie

He’s our Barry Bannan!
Chair - what's the story? on 17:05 - Aug 16 with 3865 viewsEastR

Chair - what's the story? on 14:28 - Aug 16 by daveB

Willock ended up at Cardiff and not a top 6 side because he's been crap for 2 years

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Chair - what's the story? on 17:08 - Aug 16 with 3828 viewsGus_iom

Sorry, just got used to having to be down on Paal, and now i have to swop to Chair? All very confusing.
Chair - what's the story? on 17:13 - Aug 16 with 3789 viewsBklynRanger

Aside from his market value or lack thereof I was quite looking forward to watching him on one wing and Dembele on the other. Think that would be a pretty dynamic combo.
Chair - what's the story? on 17:38 - Aug 16 with 3641 viewsHunterhoop

I've never seen anything but love for Chair from other players, from Ebs, to Albert, to Willock to Marti, and he's been part of the leadership group, usually put in place by players, for a while now.

a. he was happy to stay
and

plus, only 2 seasons ago the club were screaming 'we won't be selling anyone!' - so there's not been much of a window where someone might have come in with anything other than a ridiculous offer.

It doesn’t need to be a ridiculous offer to prise him. As Clive has said, £10m and Nourry will drive him up there himself?

What bid did we turn down in Jan? Thought Leeds were sniffing but never bid.

He’s been with us his entire career; that’s plenty of time for someone to put a bid in.

I don’t know the reason(s) but I don’t think you’ve given ones that make sense as to why an acceptable bid has not yet been received.

Clive’s point on goals outside the box is interesting, but surely one stat like this isn’t enough to put people off…especially given they are still goals?!
Chair - what's the story? on 17:44 - Aug 16 with 3584 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chair - what's the story? on 17:38 - Aug 16 by Hunterhoop

It doesn’t need to be a ridiculous offer to prise him. As Clive has said, £10m and Nourry will drive him up there himself?

What bid did we turn down in Jan? Thought Leeds were sniffing but never bid.

He’s been with us his entire career; that’s plenty of time for someone to put a bid in.

I don’t know the reason(s) but I don’t think you’ve given ones that make sense as to why an acceptable bid has not yet been received.

Clive’s point on goals outside the box is interesting, but surely one stat like this isn’t enough to put people off…especially given they are still goals?!

Think it was all explained there. Long contract means a larger offer needed. He was here developing early in his career, when he got better he was given a long contract. A year or two into that we basically said we wouldn't be selling Chair, Willock or Dieng and teams shouldn't bother bidding.
£10m for Chair is a pretty ridiculous bid for a £6m at best player, no?
A club from Turkey made a substanbtial bid in January that was turned down because it was felt we needed him to stand a chance of avoiding relegation.

Bare bones.

Chair - what's the story? on 18:16 - Aug 16 with 3405 viewsnumptydumpty

Fans of other championship clubs have had Willock and Chair on their radar, even pundits god forbid talk them up.

Chair by far the more consistent, but not often enough for other clubs to take a punt.

Seems the championship is his level but he is not outstanding and old enough now, to be unlikely to still be on the upward curve so unlikely to be on alert for others.

As opposed to Willock he gives it his all every game he plays. He has the odd bad habit as we know with him trying beat players too many times or not releasing hence why he stays.

A great servant for our club. Hopefully this year is the year !!!

Top man. Although maybe French bus drivers may beg to differ !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Chair - what's the story? on 18:26 - Aug 16 with 3348 viewsLoft1979

a. he was happy to stay
and

Even with the comment released. I would be surprised if Leeds do not bid for him. Per the gossip columns, Leeds are looking at other players but given the prices quoted and in Leeds purse I would not be surprised if there was a last minute bid.
Chair - what's the story? on 18:59 - Aug 16 with 3184 viewsrbee

I would be surprised if the likes of Leeds signed Chair and then alter everything they have done in pre season to accommodate Ilias and his style of play.

But of course never say never.
Chair - what's the story? on 20:42 - Aug 16 with 2796 viewsrbee

Chair - what's the story? on 08:21 - Aug 16 by paddyhdog

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/important-day-for-chair-as-boss-addresses-qp

Looks like it's just as the club said - he has an injured back. Fingers crossed it's not too serious

Ilias could have a back injury but I keep thinking that the club would discipline him in some way for dragging the club name through the mud.

What form of discipline we would likely never know.
Chair - what's the story? on 20:56 - Aug 16 with 2723 viewsSpaceman_P

Chair - what's the story? on 20:42 - Aug 16 by rbee

Ilias could have a back injury but I keep thinking that the club would discipline him in some way for dragging the club name through the mud.

What form of discipline we would likely never know.

cleaning the toilets in the upper loft.... done his back in doing that.

I'm just praying he doesn't get sold at the end of the month.... Something feels quite off about this right now. I feel the club are hiding something.
Chair - what's the story? on 21:22 - Aug 16 with 2624 viewsHoopsie

You tuck in the Chair when there’s nothing on the table

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Chair - what's the story? on 21:48 - Aug 16 with 2500 viewsHunterhoop

I’m not sure £10m is a ridiculous bid for a player with his stats and robustness, when under contract with two full years left. Not when you look at the market for similar players. Unless you think he isn’t actually that good. Look at what other wide forwards are going for, what Hamer went for….look what Eze went for!

Clubs could also have picked him up last summer and the summer before when we extended him. I just don’t think your reasoning stacks up. I think there is something else going on. Perhaps more specific data stuff? I just don’t think the good timing/club valuation thing is an issue. We are a selling club. We’ll accept a half decent offer. For me that would be over £6m. Leeds (and others) can and should, if they rate him, offer more than that IMO.
Chair - what's the story? on 08:56 - Aug 17 with 1936 viewsNorthantsHoop

Possibly the signing of Saito and Dembele is the key to what happens to Chair. It looks like Saito is the left sided replacement with Dembele drifting across to the right, these are exciting signings. The vague/strange announcement about Chair's misdemeanour recently sort of alluded to his non availability and probably community service, sort of suspect he will be sold either late in this window or in January.
Chair - what's the story? on 11:13 - Aug 17 with 1593 viewsHAYESBOY

Chair played in the first two pre season games. Was the announcement from Belgium after that or before? He's also been at the games at Loftus Rd.
It might just be that he has an injury?

Smells like a trout farm in here

Chair - what's the story? on 11:31 - Aug 17 with 1540 viewsrbee

Chair - what's the story? on 11:13 - Aug 17 by HAYESBOY

Chair played in the first two pre season games. Was the announcement from Belgium after that or before? He's also been at the games at Loftus Rd.
It might just be that he has an injury?

Let’s see if Chair is at the club Open Day on Tuesday and if so what he has to say.
Chair - what's the story? on 13:45 - Aug 17 with 1229 viewsStainrod

Does anyone have a link to an excellent piece of analysis by Clive, I think in his end of season review of our attacking performance? It spelt out in numbers what Chair’s contribution to the team was and made clear why he was not just a bit better than Willock, Dykes etc last season but off the scale our most effective attacking player across a lot of metrics.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024