Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alfie Lloyd 23:05 - Aug 13 with 7212 viewssmuttsontour

Feel he’s a real QPR type of player. Really seems to give a shit. Raw. Not the finished article (yet). Seems to get on other players backs. Bit of organic interaction with the fans. Nothing to eccentric. Would wager he’s from the manor. Bit of a fighter.

Keep going Alf, we see you.
Alfie Lloyd on 23:40 - Aug 13 with 5886 viewsqueensparker

Agreed I like him.

Rangey cocky attacker who has slotted straight in.
Alfie Lloyd on 04:36 - Aug 14 with 5573 viewsArcticHoop

Yes, we certainly have a future player . Many people says we should send him loan ,but i think we should keep him at least until january. I know he´s not gonna start many games after Saito signing and maybe Chair coming back at some point,but way he played in games i saw him, he deserves to get minutes here
Alfie Lloyd on 05:32 - Aug 14 with 5479 viewsNed_Kennedys

Alfie Lloyd on 04:36 - Aug 14 by ArcticHoop

Yes, we certainly have a future player . Many people says we should send him loan ,but i think we should keep him at least until january. I know he´s not gonna start many games after Saito signing and maybe Chair coming back at some point,but way he played in games i saw him, he deserves to get minutes here

Did some good work last night and definitely has something.
However would send him and Kolli out on loan to get some decent playing time this season: not going to help either’s development getting a few minutes here and there off the bench with us.
Alfie Lloyd on 06:54 - Aug 14 with 5257 viewsJimboqpr

I really like the look of him. He was one of the only positives from that 2nd half last night. He didn't stop running. Obviously needs to work on the final ptoduct, but definitely looks like he could develop into a decent Championship player. I think we should keep him until Jan and then see what happens, as it's probably going to take Saito a while to adapt to playing in England and its good to have options in case of injuries and suspensions.
Alfie Lloyd on 07:13 - Aug 14 with 5112 viewsdmm

It's nice to see Marti describe Lloyd as 'brilliant' last night as he doesn't dole out superlatives too often.

Lloyd is a right footed striker by trade so being played out of position on the left and doing so well is certainly laudable.
Alfie Lloyd on 07:14 - Aug 14 with 5119 viewsHoopstar

Shades of Jamie Mackie about him.
Alfie Lloyd on 07:16 - Aug 14 with 5063 viewsstevec

He could be okay but the worry is, he seems to have been struck down with the QPR strolling disease which is prevalent in practically everybody who comes through our youth system.

Plenty of 2nd gear, not a lot of 4th gear.

Still that’s what happens when you’re taught to put your foot on the ball first and play second.

When a Cambridge United side can play one touch football at pace and you can’t, you know you’ve got long term problems.
Alfie Lloyd on 07:19 - Aug 14 with 5044 viewsstevec

Alfie Lloyd on 07:14 - Aug 14 by Hoopstar

Shades of Jamie Mackie about him.

Not yet he hasn’t.

That involves sweat and sprinting.
Login to get fewer ads

Alfie Lloyd on 08:07 - Aug 14 with 4805 viewsHoopstar

Shades though.

Overall work rate to be worked on for sure, but when he does hassle and harry he reminds me of Mackie. Nowhere near his level, and few players put in a shift like our Scotsman from Surrey admittedly. His chop and drive to the line felt similar too.

Huge amount of work for him to be truly mentioned in the same breath as Mackie as a Championship player undoubtedly - but there is a resemblance to my untrained eye
Alfie Lloyd on 08:14 - Aug 14 with 4754 viewsBurnleyhoop

Alfie Lloyd on 07:13 - Aug 14 by dmm

It's nice to see Marti describe Lloyd as 'brilliant' last night as he doesn't dole out superlatives too often.

Lloyd is a right footed striker by trade so being played out of position on the left and doing so well is certainly laudable.

Might be worth giving him a go as the main striker. Our current 3 incumbents are not filling me with much confidence….so far.
Alfie Lloyd on 08:25 - Aug 14 with 4667 viewsNorthantsHoop

Alfie Lloyd on 08:14 - Aug 14 by Burnleyhoop

Might be worth giving him a go as the main striker. Our current 3 incumbents are not filling me with much confidence….so far.

Lot of potential, as you say might be worth trying as a striker and see if it works. He looks strong and has a bit of pace.
Alfie Lloyd on 08:47 - Aug 14 with 4513 viewsMedwayR

That would be my preference, I think he’d potentially worry opposition CB’s more than anyone else we have.

Poll: Who’s better?

Alfie Lloyd on 09:11 - Aug 14 with 4389 viewssparkey

Personally I thought Frey looked impressive last night. Some nice footwork, hold up play and a great strike for his goal. Also... HE PRESSES.
Alfie Lloyd on 11:10 - Aug 14 with 3975 viewssouthbound_tram

I've only seen him at the Spurs and WBA games when he came on. I thought he made a nuisance of himself in the final third against Sprurs and looked quite promising, less so at home last week but good to hear reports that he did well last night.

Love watching a young player with potential and I think we have a few this year. Agree with others, loan out and prosper.
Alfie Lloyd on 11:11 - Aug 14 with 3961 viewsMonkey_Roots

I like him, makes a positive contribution.
Alfie Lloyd on 11:12 - Aug 14 with 3956 viewsNorthernr

Once Dembele and Saito are up to speed it would be nice to think Lloyd and Kolli could go and get good League One loans for the first half of this season, a la Chair (Lg 2 admittedly) and Eze). Then come back for the second half of the year. Armstrong would have benefitted enormously from that IMO but we were so desperate he had to stay and help.
Alfie Lloyd on 12:17 - Aug 14 with 3703 viewspriceyparkrangers

Alfie Lloyd on 11:12 - Aug 14 by Northernr

Once Dembele and Saito are up to speed it would be nice to think Lloyd and Kolli could go and get good League One loans for the first half of this season, a la Chair (Lg 2 admittedly) and Eze). Then come back for the second half of the year. Armstrong would have benefitted enormously from that IMO but we were so desperate he had to stay and help.

Lloyd and Kolli both need loan time. I think both are easily good enough for league one, which is a great improvement on our recent academy offerings.

Kolli I think has the technique and the physicality but needs to learn the off the ball side of the game. I think he may only need six months elsewhere. I wouldn’t mind if we kept him but only if he’s going to get plenty of minutes.

Lloyd I’m personally not sold on - he has a poor first touch, doesn’t seem to have that much power or pace. But should do well in a lower half league one team as clearly was better than most Cambridge had on the pitch.
Alfie Lloyd on 12:48 - Aug 14 with 3478 viewsNed_Kennedys

Alfie Lloyd on 12:17 - Aug 14 by priceyparkrangers

Lloyd and Kolli both need loan time. I think both are easily good enough for league one, which is a great improvement on our recent academy offerings.

Kolli I think has the technique and the physicality but needs to learn the off the ball side of the game. I think he may only need six months elsewhere. I wouldn’t mind if we kept him but only if he’s going to get plenty of minutes.

Lloyd I’m personally not sold on - he has a poor first touch, doesn’t seem to have that much power or pace. But should do well in a lower half league one team as clearly was better than most Cambridge had on the pitch.

Not sure it’s fair to be so critical of Lloyd so early: his total QPR career consists of about 120 minutes of first team football.
He’s shown plenty of promise in that short time.
Alfie Lloyd on 14:40 - Aug 14 with 3008 viewsBklynRanger

Marti seems openly impressed: “Alfie was brilliant. He spent a lot of energy pressing and trying to get in behind. But it is very good news from a club perspective that he is performing the way he is.”

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/cifuentes-hails-brilliant-qpr-youngster-afte
Alfie Lloyd on 14:56 - Aug 14 with 2944 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Alfie Lloyd on 11:12 - Aug 14 by Northernr

Does anybody know how long it takes to get a work visa or clearence in England for Saito just a few days or weeks
Alfie Lloyd on 14:59 - Aug 14 with 2923 viewsHoopstar

I'm with Marti.

Did think the comment he didn't sprint or sweat was a little odd.
Alfie Lloyd on 15:20 - Aug 14 with 2829 viewsrichpr

I like the way he tries to take on players BUT he does suffer from a lack of close control and his final ball is pretty dire (like most of our current attacking players). Can't see him making it at Championship level unfortunately. Think he will be way behind Saito and Dembele.
Alfie Lloyd on 18:01 - Aug 14 with 2533 viewsjoolsyp

Scored 5 in 16 for Eastleigh when on loan there in 2022/3. Not sure whether he played as a winger or 9? Could definitely benefit from a loan at a L1 or L2 club for 6 months. Perhaps Cambridge would be interested, was impressed by their passing game.

I like the lad, not afraid to run at defenders, but agreed his ball control needs improving.
Alfie Lloyd on 18:16 - Aug 14 with 2479 viewsbaz_qpr

He did well, needs to work on his touch though often too heavy but deserves credit for the assist, 6 month loan in league 1 would do him the world of good
Alfie Lloyd on 08:14 - Aug 15 with 1866 viewsstevec

Alfie Lloyd on 14:59 - Aug 14 by Hoopstar

I'm with Marti.

Did think the comment he didn't sprint or sweat was a little odd.

Only seen him a couple of times, like everyone says he could be ok.

Regards the sprinting, or lack of, what I’m really referring to is the reluctance to put himself in a position where a short standing sprint can take a player out of the game, irrespective of whether you’re actually fast or not.

That means pushing up towards the full back so he can either run onto a ball played through the space or receive just in front of the full back so he can push and run past the standing defender.

Of course, you do need our player who’s got the ball making an accurate pass and as we know too well, that’s never a given.

For me, too many of our players are taught not to make that gamble. We seem cowed by an intention to keep the ball (which, half the time,we don’t anyway) rather than try to make something happen.

Much of this may be due to the Chair/Willock combo where, over a number of years, these are two players who don’t run onto passes, preferring to pick up in slightly deeper positions to make the play. Without those two in operation I wonder if it’s been difficult for the rest of the team to transition to a more direct attacking style, not sure really, but we do seem to have a dilemma at present as to how we approach getting up the pitch.

In a way, if the two new signings are to work, we need Chair either playing a more central role so we can adjust to a new attacking style. If Chair stays wide I fear it will nullify what we’ve just brought in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024